Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 22:42   #76
BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ask him to get the clutch bleeding done. Modern clutches can easily last around 80-100K kms if used properly
Thanks sagarpadaki,
It seems the SA was also talking about replacing a cylinder, which is apparently covered under warranty. What could this be?
Old 19th March 2013, 09:52   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifdeep View Post
Thanks sagarpadaki,
It seems the SA was also talking about replacing a cylinder, which is apparently covered under warranty. What could this be?
Could be the clutch master cylinder.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 21:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Something was unusual with the handling of the car when I drove back from office last night. I checked this morning and saw that the rear left tyre was flat. This is the first puncture in the 45,000 km of ownership. Dismantled the tyre and saw that there were two huge nails stuck into it. The replaced spare wheel was an eyesore since its not an alloy. I then immediately took the tyre to Vijay wheel alignment centre at J.P.Nagar where it was repaired in 5 minutes. The spare wheel was sent back to its resting place for good.

Since the car's 2nd birthday is nearing, decided to gift it some goodies.

Ordered Collinite No.845.
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0016.jpg

Got a microfiber cloth free with it.
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0019.jpg

And this product.
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0018.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0020.jpg

I had read lot of good reviews about Collinite No.845. I got a decent discount since two sets were ordered. They took around 3 days to deliver it. The product was well packaged. Now I need to make myself free this weekend or next to try out these products.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 21:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned in the previous post, I was planning to use the Collinite on my car but was too much occupied with the work last month. We don't have a closed garage at home hence dust starts getting accumulated as soon as I wash the car. The prerequisite for applying Collinite is that the surface should be very clean and lukewarm. There was a plan to visit my hometown which is near Mangalore last weekend hence decided to try this product there. The place was ideal without any dust.

Applying the polish alone would take a lot of time hence asked my cousin who is on vacation to join me in the process. We took two microfiber cloths, one for applying the polish and another for rubbing. It took around 2 hours to complete the job. The outcome can be seen in the pics below.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0076.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0068.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0070.jpg

Posing with my cousin's 4 month old Manza.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0090.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0087.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0092.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0086.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the product. I have read in various forums that this product lasts long. Need to wait and watch.
Old 1st May 2013, 21:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Overall I'm happy with the product. I have read in various forums that this product lasts long. Need to wait and watch.
That is awesome, Vinay .
Bdw, nothing can beat the joy which you get after getting the shine back on a black car .
I am definitely ordering this once my present stock of wax gets over .

Are you still running the stock set of tyres ?

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 21:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
That is awesome, Vinay .
Bdw, nothing can beat the joy which you get after getting the shine back on a black car .
Yes. I was hesitating to take out the car to dusty roads after applying this product. The car was back to showroom condition.

Quote:
Are you still running the stock set of tyres ?
Yes, They are the stock tyres. They have clocked around 46K kms. I'm very happy with the performance of Appollo tyres. Only a single puncture until now. Thinking of changing them after some months. I was wondering whether I have to stick to Appollo or opt for some other brand like Michelin or Yokohama.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st May 2013 at 21:59.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 10:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to drive my cousin's new Manza extensively last weekend in Mangalore. I was very impressed with power of its stock headlights. Absolutely brilliant. My i20's stock headlights in turn were not even as bright as Manza's fog lamps. So I decided to replace the headlights last week itself. I headed towards Konark, East End Circle last noon and got the stock bulbs replaced with Osram Nightbreaker Plus. I didn't want to meddle with the wiring hence decided to use the stock power rating of 60/55 W.

I took the car for a small spin last night to test the new headlights. I'm able to notice a huge difference. Here are some pics:

Low Beam:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0122.jpg

High Beam:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0123.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0124.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th May 2013 at 10:37.
Old 18th May 2013, 16:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

I had got an invite from Advaith Hyundai, ORR for a customer family meet. Mom and myself attended the meet this morning. We reached there at around 10 30. Since the meet was supposed to begin at 11, we were made to sit in a theater where they screened "Bee Movie" for the kids. The meet began at around 11 30. There were about 25-30 families. Initially they showed a video presentation about Hyundai after which there was a magic show, shadow acts, dance performances by various artists. Overall it was a good show. A buffet was arranged at 1 30. We returned home after the lunch. It was a good step by Advaith Hyundai for strengthening their relationship with the customers.

They gave us some goodies after the event:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0132.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0134.jpg
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

My car touched the 50000 km mark last week .

Got the 6th service done from Advaith Hyundai, ORR today. The breakup of the service costs:

1. Mag Wheel Weights - 101.30
2. Interior Cleaning with DuroWax - 800
3. Engine Oil - 1286.39
4. Consumables - 200
5. Filter Cartridge - 1197.07
6. Filter - Air Cleaner - 280.30
7. Service Kit - Oil Filter - 363.71

Labour And Services:
1. Interior Cleaning - 200
2. Wheel balancing - 360
3. Wheel Alignment - 450
4. Periodic Maintenance Service - 1085

Total: Rs 6323/-

The front disc brake pads had worn out and hence got it replaced - 1640.78 + 235 labour charge

The SA advised to go for AC cleaning and servicing - 760 + 190 labour charge

Total Damage to the pocket: Rs. 9048 + taxes.

As usual the work done was very neat. I asked them not to apply polish since I had already applied Collinite last month. I got the car back at 5 PM as promised (A good excuse to leave office early ). I asked the SA to check the conditions of tyres and he said that it can be used for 10K km more. Hence I'm planning to change them after the next service. I'm planning to go with Apollo Aceleres once again since I'm extremely satisfied with its performance. The road noise may be little on the higher side but it doesn't matter to me.

One of the OEM horn had gone kaput and hence got the Roots Windtone installed from Konark, East End.

The antenna (which I had fixed using Araldite) has flown away. Hyundai charges around 2000 for replacing the entire antenna assembly. So I have decided to stay away from it for time being. I rarely listen to radio channels. I always listen to tracks in USB stick or stream from my mobile.

My front right AC vent adjuster has broken (It was the left one last time). It'll be replaced under warranty next week. The order has been placed today.

The performance of the car continues to be good. There are absolutely no rattles from steering or any other part of the car. There is no change in the mileage figures.
Old 4th June 2013, 21:54   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My car touched the 50000 km mark last week .

I asked the SA to check the conditions of tyres and he said that it can be used for 10K km more. Hence I'm planning to change them after the next service. I'm planning to go with Apollo Aceleres once again since I'm extremely satisfied with its performance. The road noise may be little on the higher side but it doesn't matter to me.
Do the tyres still have tread left @ 50K? Haven't the tread wear indicator(TWI) bars started to show up? I just changed by i20 tyres to Yoko C Drives last week . The old Aceleres had done 37000 kms.Three of the tyres were almost near the TWI. Changed all 5 tyres
Old 4th June 2013, 22:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do the tyres still have tread left @ 50K? Haven't the tread wear indicator(TWI) bars started to show up? I just changed by i20 tyres to Yoko C Drives last week . The old Aceleres had done 37000 kms.Three of the tyres were almost near the TWI. Changed all 5 tyres
The tyres have still sufficient amount of thread left. I also checked with a tyre expert and he mentioned that I can still use it for around 10K km. I read about your C drives in your thread. I heard it provides wonderful grip and the noise is very low. I'll try considering it based on your experience and feedback.
Old 21st August 2013, 22:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 50,000 km 6th service up

I changed my Apollo Aceleres after using them for 58000 km. I had only one puncture in 58K km due to a nail getting stuck in the tyre. Absolutely no issues/hassles other than that incidence. I used to top up the air once in a week to 33 psi. The tyres still had sufficient amount of thread left for another 5-6K km but I didn't want to take a chance.

I went with Yokohama A-Drives this time. Got it installed from Madhus Enterprises at Langford road. Overall experience at Madhus was good. Some of my relatives told me that A-Drives have more grip and are more silent than Apollos. I also had read good reviews about A-Drives in the forum. I drove around 50 km after changing the tyres. I agree that its more silent than Apollos but didn't get a chance to actually test the gripping capabilities. I'm going on a drive to Mysore tomorrow and will check the actual performance of the tyres. I doubt whether A-Drives will be as durable as Aceleres. I wanted to go with Aceleres again but the decision was changed at the last moment.

A-Drives getting installed. The spare which is lying on the ground is the good old unused Apollo Acelere.
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0401.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:58   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Ensure that you run in the tyres before testing them for grip. New tyres are lousy in gripping. In fact the braking Will be poorer than your old acelere during the initial 500km . So take it easy during these initial times.

How much did each tyre cost you?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ensure that you run in the tyres before testing them for grip. New tyres are lousy in gripping. In fact the braking Will be poorer than your old acelere during the initial 500km . So take it easy during these initial times.

How much did each tyre cost you?
It costed around 4K per tyre.

I drove down to Mysore this morning. The tyres were super silent. The braking was bit poorer this morning as you mentioned. Need to drive back carefully tonight.
Old 20th September 2013, 22:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : Tyres changed at 58000 k

The car completed 60000 km this evening. Its almost 2K km since I changed the tyres to A-Drives. Its raining almost raining everyday in Bangalore and the grip provided by A-Drives in wet conditions are superb.

Need to take the car for service but not getting sufficient time. I'll update the service details once its done.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0452.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks