Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:11   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : Tyres changed at 58000 k

The current odo reading:

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0471.jpg

Got the 7th service done from Advaith Hyundai, ORR today. The SA had promised to deliver the car at 6 PM. Hence I left my office in Whitefield at 4 45 PM to beat the traffic at Graphite India and Kundalahalli gate. When I reached Marathalli, got a call from SA informing that the delivery will be delayed by another 45 minutes as the car is undergoing road test. I thought its just an excuse but had to believe it when a black i20 with Got BHP sticker zoomed past the Volvo in which I was traveling at Kadubeesanahalli underpass. I thought of posting that car in the bad drivers thread but it took some moments before I realized that its my own car which is undergoing road test in F1 style by service chaps .

Since lot of time was there, I headed to the showroom above to check out the Grand i10. After spending some time with the i10, went back to the customer lounge and started reading the Skoda Octavia official review report in my mobile. The car was ready by 7 PM.

When I had called the SA on Monday to book an appointment, he had mentioned that this will be a major service and there would be considerable damage to my wallet. The damage was indeed huge, the cost breakup:

1. Radiator Flush: 327.47
2. Oil Supplement: 344.94
3. Carb & Inj Cleaner: 174.65
4. Engine Oil: 1286.39
5. Brake Fluid: 209.54
6. Coolant: 482.05
7. A/C Neutralizer: 760.00
8. Consumables: 200.00
9. Filter Cartridge: 1197.07
10. Filter - Air Cleaner: 280.30
11. Oil Filter: 363.71
12. Grease - Caliper Guide Rod: 149.00

Labour And Services:

13. Brake Bleeding: 125.00
14. Radiator Flushing: 155.00
15. Brake O/H: 175.00
16. AC Neutralizer: 190.00
17. Caliper greasing: 235.00
18. Periodic Maintenance Service: 1085.00

Total service charges: Rs 8751.72/-

The wiper blades were creating a faint sound hence got them replaced: 194.76 * 2 + 67 labour

I like the polish which they use for interiors and hence got it done along with interior cleaning: 1320.00 + 330.00 labour

Tax: 1011.00

Grand Total: Rs 10790/-

The first thing which SA checked in the morning was the condition of the clutch. He then said that the condition is good and will easily last for another 30 - 40K km. He mentioned that most of them come with abused and worn out clutch during 50K or 60K service.

I am happy with the service and would rate it 9.5/10. The -0.5 is for the speed at which my car overtook the Volvo in which I was traveling during road test.

Its almost 3K km since I switched to Yokohama A-Drives. The overall performance is good. Its quieter than the Acelers. It also provides some additional grip in wet condition compared to Acelers. I still regret for not going with Acelers again. They are made by an Indian company for Indian road conditions.

The car is as usual great to drive. The engine refinement is as good as the new car. No rattles or squeaks from any part of the car. The FE hasn't changed.

Some photos which I took around 2 weeks back at home after washing and a bit of detailing:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0439.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4666.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4689.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4682.jpg

The interiors have help up very well (except the driver side Kagu 3D mat):
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4671.jpg

The Dolphin art leather covers haven't shown any signs of tear:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4667.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4669.jpg

The new A-Drives:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4681.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4679.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_4678.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 3rd October 2013 at 22:23.
guyfrmblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : Tyres changed at 58000 k

Did you get your rear left whell checked? It had an unusual camber when I saw it on the Kanva dam ride.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Did you get your rear left whell checked? It had an unusual camber when I saw it on the Kanva dam ride.
Yes, got it rectified today. Thanks for pointing it out else I wouldn't have noticed it.
Old 17th October 2013, 17:59   #94
BANNED

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Guys could you tell me what is the average cost of servicing of i20 diesel please.
Old 18th October 2013, 10:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Guys could you tell me what is the average cost of servicing of i20 diesel please.
Its around 6500. This is considereing only the paid services. The normal changes like engine oil, filters, etc comes to around 5000.
Old 18th October 2013, 13:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

@guyfrmblr---your car looks immaculate. Great job in keeping it that way!

I have a few questions to you:
  1. Do you get better FE on highways due to the 6th gear? I'm asking because a pal of mine, who has the 5-gear Asta version, gets around 17 to 18 kmpl on highway drives.
  2. On your service bill, what is 'AC neutraliser'?
  3. Further, what is that 'Filter cartridge' that cost you Rs 1197? Is it the fuel filter? If yes, it looks like the price has come down from the insane figure I read somewhere.
  4. Lastly, why do you regret going for the Yokos?

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th October 2013 at 13:18.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 18:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@guyfrmblr---your car looks immaculate. Great job in keeping it that way!
Thanks!

Quote:
Do you get better FE on highways due to the 6th gear? I'm asking because a pal of mine, who has the 5-gear Asta version, gets around 17 to 18 kmpl on highway drives.
Definitely yes. I easily get around 21-23 kmpl in highways when I cruise in 6th gear. I mostly drive in NH-48 between Bangalore - Mangalore. The roads are excellent except for a 30 km ghat section. Here one can easily maintain speeds of 100 - 120. The rpm needle hovers at around 1800 when cruised at 100 kmph in 6th gear.

I'm getting good FE figures during my daily drives too. My office is 40 km from my home and the traffic is moderate. In these conditions, it can run for 850 km with a full tank.

Quote:
On your service bill, what is 'AC neutraliser'?
AC neutralizer is a cleaning agent which they use it while cleaning the AC ducts. Actually the cost involved i.e, 760 + 190 is not just for the neutralizer but for the entire AC cleaning.

Quote:
Further, what is that 'Filter cartridge' that cost you Rs 1197? Is it the fuel filter? If yes, it looks like the price has come down from the insane figure I read somewhere.
Yes. Its the fuel filter. It has been the same price for quite some time. In one of the service earlier this year, they charged around 1700 for it. But from the last 2 services, the price is 1197. One of the fellow BHPian's friend who owns an i20 crdi called me up and mentioned that his service center was charging unusually more for the fuel filter. I mailed him my scanned service bill for reference but haven't heard from him after that.

Quote:
Lastly, why do you regret going for the Yokos?
I guess I had to use some other word instead of "regret". Actually I'm not regretting for going with Yokos but for not choosing Aceleres again .

I have now driven around 4000 km with Yokos and pretty happy with the performance. Its quieter than Aceleres and provides more grip in wet conditions. But the performance of Aceleres was excellent for 58000 km. Only one puncture in its entire lifetime. It has taken me to some places where roads doesn't exist without any issues. Its a Tyre made by an Indian company for Indian roads. Even though it has served me very well for 58K km, I still went with a different brand instead of going with Aceleres again. Hence feeling little guilty.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 18th October 2013 at 18:44.
Old 26th November 2013, 09:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I'm getting good FE figures during my daily drives too. My office is 40 km from my home and the traffic is moderate. In these conditions, it can run for 850 km with a full tank.
That's an astonishing number. I don't even cross 650 KM with full tank. My mileage within the city varies between 13.5 and 15.5 Kmpl. I don't drive bad either and maintain correct RPMs at ideal speeds. Do you use Indian Oil? I sometimes go for IOC and sometimes for BP. But nothing has worked in getting better mileage. Where do you fill your car?
Old 26th November 2013, 11:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post

That's an astonishing number. I don't even cross 650 KM with full tank. My mileage within the city varies between 13.5 and 15.5 Kmpl. I don't drive bad either and maintain correct RPMs at ideal speeds. Do you use Indian Oil? I sometimes go for IOC and sometimes for BP. But nothing has worked in getting better mileage. Where do you fill your car?
I use HP and have filled in Pink Petrol Park at Varthur most of the times.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:52   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
...Some photos which I took around 2 weeks back at home after washing and a bit of detailing:
Attachment 1147663

Attachment 1147664

Attachment 1147665

Attachment 1147666...
Who says black is difficult to maintain?!

I think the A/C cleaning is NOT a scheduled service item? In that case, I think the cost would have been 10% lesser. Nonetheless, it's bang in Swift D's territory for a 60K service.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 12:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think the A/C cleaning is NOT a scheduled service item? In that case, I think the cost would have been 10% lesser. Nonetheless, it's bang in Swift D's territory for a 60K service.
Yes, AC cleaning wasn't a scheduled service item. I had complained of a very faint foul smell when switching on the AC sometimes and hence SA adviced to get it cleaned. The smell however vanished after the cleaning.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

First puncture in A-Drives last weekend. While filling up the air last Saturday night at a petrol bunk, I noticed that the rear right tyre had unusually low pressure. It was 21 psi while the other three had 30 psi. Since it was dark, I couldn't check the tyre and hence drove back to home.

When I checked next morning, I could see a small nail pierced. I immediately took the car to Vijay wheel alignment at J.P.Nagar at 10 AM. I guess they are least worried about small works like puncture and hence asked me to come back at 6 PM since the puncture guys will be free only on evenings. This was not their attitude before. I walked out without asking any more questions and headed straight to Sai Iyengar Tyres at Bilekahalli, Bannerghatta road. The car was immediately attended and the puncture was fixed in just 10 minutes. I used to visit Vijay wheel alignment for many other works like emission testing, duplicate keys but have decided not to go there for any work henceforth.

The A-Drives have run 9K km now. I have taken them to some places near my hometown in Mangalore where even Jeeps hesitate to go. The A-Drives performed very well in that terrain .

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 27th November 2013 at 12:06.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

The A-Drives had a weird grey/brown look. It wasn't looking black at all. After every car wash, the tires used to stick out like a sore thumb with the brownish look. My cousin suggested to mix Surf Excel or similar product with water and clean the tire. The result was good but far from satisfaction.

Did a small research in the forum and found out that Meguiar's Hot Shine can do the job of bringing back the black look on the tires. Hence bought one from 3M store two weeks back. I didn't find time to use it in last two weeks. I had taken a day off from office today due to a mild fever and hence decided to try it this evening.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0554.jpg

First washed the tire with water and then sprayed the foam as instructed in the package:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0547.jpg

It started acting on the dirt immediately which can be seen in the pics:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0548.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0550.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0551.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0552.jpg

The tire regained its black look within 5 minutes. The end result can be seen in the pics:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0557.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0561.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0562.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0563.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag0565.jpg

It took around 15 minutes to completely dry and the tires had a glossy black look . Compare these pics with the ones in post #91.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 27th November 2013 at 19:47.
guyfrmblr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

Good results with bringing back that original look on your tyres. Always good to see owners try DIY than visit any place!

You can try Megs Hot Rims All wheel & Tire cleaner since its alloy safe too if you want something more than just tyre cleaning. Alternatively, you can dilute APC and use it to clean tyres (not alloys), needs a little more effort but results are as good as with other products at 1/10th the price
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Good results with bringing back that original look on your tyres. Always good to see owners try DIY than visit any place!

You can try Megs Hot Rims All wheel & Tire cleaner since its alloy safe too if you want something more than just tyre cleaning. Alternatively, you can dilute APC and use it to clean tyres (not alloys), needs a little more effort but results are as good as with other products at 1/10th the price
Thanks for the suggestions. I noticed in the instructions that this foam can be used only on the sidewalls but not on the threads and hence I used it only on the sidewalls. Do you know anything that can be used on the threads too? I know it'll be a waste of effort in cleaning the threads since dirt gets accumulated as soon as I take out the car but will give 100% satisfaction after cleaning the car . I have noticed that even the threads will be pitch black after servicing the car but I'm not aware what product they use for cleaning the threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks