Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 22:57   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
. He mentioned that a 20 digit code in the ECU which controls the fuel injection was reset during the diesel filter replacement and this was the root cause for the problem. Due to this, the fuel wasn't injecting in the desired manner at that RPM which was leading to engine knocking sound.
That's a load of bull that your SA has given you. Just to make you feel that they have done something special.

Diesel filter replacement and ecu code resetting are no way related. I have seen the diesel filter replacement of our car myself and its a pure mechanical job and no electric component is altered.

I don't know what they did to solve the issue, but I am very sure that they did not do anything what they have claimed to have done
Old 30th December 2013, 23:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That's a load of bull that your SA has given you. Just to make you feel that they have done something special.

Diesel filter replacement and ecu code resetting are no way related. I have seen the diesel filter replacement of our car myself and its a pure mechanical job and no electric component is altered.

I don't know what they did to solve the issue, but I am very sure that they did not do anything what they have claimed to have done
Hmm. I don't have the complete details of what they have done but I'm happy as long as the issue is not present . The engine knocking sound started after last week service. It wasn't present earlier. Let me further bug them during my next service and will get the detailed information. They have reset the ECU as all the settings like date and time have their default values now.

The one simple issue which they have never been able to fix in last 2.5 years is that of front passenger seat rattling . It starts rattling after someone adjusts the front seat to their desired position and vacates the seat. I then have to adjust it to a position such that it doesn't rattle.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 30th December 2013 at 23:24.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 14:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

As I have mentioned in the earlier posts, Meguiar's Hot Shine tire foam does a good job of keeping the tires black. This made the alloys appear dull in comparison. It was very difficult to clean the brake dust and the corners which couldn't be reached. Hence I picked up Meguiar's Hot Rims - All Wheel and Tire cleaner:

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.30.53.jpg

I sprinkled some water on the alloys and sprayed the solution. It immediately started removing the dirt:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-11.36.27.jpg

Within no time, the alloys were gleaming. Let the pictures talk:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-11.43.55.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.03.41.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.02.45.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.03.31.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.04.08.jpg

The alloys shine better than it looks in the pics. Now some of the deep scratches which were masked by dirt and brake dust are prominently visible. I'm wondering how to get rid of those scratches.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 14:53   #124
Senior - BHPian

After cleaning the alloys, I started to work on interiors. The dashboard was looking bit dull and hence decided to try Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. The best thing I liked about it is its not greasy or sticky:

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.30.38.jpg

I sprayed it on the dashboard and rubbed with a MF cloth. I was happy with the end result:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.31.34.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.34.28.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.35.37.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.34.06.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.35.06.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.33.33.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.33.46.jpg

A day well spent with:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-20140105-12.31.05.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 22:34   #125
BANNED

Hi All,

Have any of you crdi owners come across a problem of hearing grinding noise from pulley?

also is the i20 prone to rattling like the maruti
Old 12th February 2014, 22:52   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

I don't think that Hyundai is famous for rattles in their cars like the Maruti's do. Their build quality is much better to withstand our roads though it depends on the driver as to how he/she handles the car on rough roads etc.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 22:58   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Have any of you crdi owners come across a problem of hearing grinding noise from pulley?
I don't hear any such noise. Can you explain the noise in detail? The only noise which existed around 2 months back was that due to engine knocking in lower rpms which disappeared after they reset some code in ECU.

Quote:
My car has run 76K km now and absolutely don't have any rattling noise except for the faint rattling from the front seat which came as a gift while purchasing the car.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 21:22   #128
BANNED

Quote:
I don't hear any such noise. Can you explain the noise in detail? The only noise which existed around 2 months back was that due to engine knocking in lower rpms which disappeared after they reset some code in ECU. My car has run 76K km now and absolutely don't have any rattling noise except for the faint rattling from the front seat which came as a gift while purchasing the car.
I had a grinding noise and took it to the hass,they told it was the idler pulley and had to be replaced.damage was six thousand.

Another complaint was front left suspension noise which was from strut and again replaced ,damage two thousand,

ovem indicators were not working ,they said 2500 to replace led bulb , I mean whole set I asked them not to change it.

Clutch was tight and gears 1 and 2 were tough to slot, SA said only option was overhauling and cost 23k, I just asked him to leave as it is.

Driver side AC vent was broken and replaced ment cost was 2500 ,did want to change it :-(

I got the i20 for a good rate from owner directly so was convinced for speeding 10k , but 23k for clutch & 2500 for AC vent was way too high.

Miss my swift ...
Old 15th February 2014, 20:59   #129
BANNED

Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:

My front right AC vent adjuster has broken (It was the left one last time). It'll be replaced under warranty next week. The order has been placed today.
Hi Can you share the cost of it ? i went to the HASS and they said 2500 and it comes as a set of four vents for the dash.

i was wondering if anyone is there in this forum who have changed the left vent and have the right as spare

Is there a way to get one single vent?

Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 22:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Can you share the cost of it ? i went to the HASS and they said 2500 and it comes as a set of four vents for the dash.

i was wondering if anyone is there in this forum who have changed the left vent and have the right as spare

Is there a way to get one single vent?

Thanks
I guess they are playing some games with you. My vents were replaced under warranty and hence no idea of costs. But when they placed the order, they just placed for a single piece. Not all four vents. So I guess they should be able to place an order for a single vent.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 00:12   #131
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Well Maruti has also come a long way with their current Swift holding very well in two years and more than 45K Kms!
Old 28th February 2014, 22:08   #132
BANNED

My 2010 CRDI SPORTZ - Preowned

Hi All,

Any idea how much will a clutch overhaul cost @ HASS? my SA quoted me 16 to 23k and i was shocked. any thing and everything i ask his is beyond 15k. worst part is he doent even see or check the problem ,i say the gear shifting is hard and next thing is "sir hydraulic clutch cannot be repaired or adjusted ,overhaul will cost 16-23k.

before this i told him there is a grinding noise and he says "sir looks like turbo problem ,it will cost 75k

After inspection is was only a idler pulley and it was a 2k job.
Old 28th February 2014, 22:14   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My 2010 CRDI SPORTZ - Preowned

Quote:
Hi All,

Any idea how much will a clutch overhaul cost @ HASS? my SA quoted me 16 to 23k and i was shocked. any thing and everything i ask his is beyond 15k. worst part is he doent even see or check the problem ,i say the gear shifting is hard and next thing is "sir hydraulic clutch cannot be repaired or adjusted ,overhaul will cost 16-23k.

before this i told him there is a grinding noise and he says "sir looks like turbo problem ,it will cost 75k

After inspection is was only a idler pulley and it was a 2k job.
You need to change the service center first.

Yes it is true that hydraulic clutch cannot be adjusted. It is self adjusting.
For hard gear shift get the transmission oil changed(If not changed already) and get the clutch bled. Things will improve considerably.

Tip: The transmission oil capacity is 1.9L. Make sure that you fill only that amount . HASS filled in 2.5 L of oil in my i20. I had to make them remove the excess half litre .

BTW, how many kms has your i20 done?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th February 2014 at 22:16.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 22:19   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Is your SA sure that the hard gear shifts are due to bad clutch? I had once complained slightly tight gear shifts when my car had run around 40K for which they just replaced the gear oil. Its smooth since that change. How many kms your car has run? Do you feel any judder while pressing or releasing the clutch? I have no idea of costs of clutch overhauling. Now I feel some judder by hearing such crazy costs. My car will be due for 80K servicing in few weeks. I'll ask my SA about all these major costs.

Sagar, any idea about timing belt change interval in i20?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 28th February 2014 at 22:26.
Old 1st March 2014, 14:07   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

BTW, how many kms has your i20 done?
Quote:
Is your SA sure that the hard gear shifts are due to bad clutch? I had once complained slightly tight gear shifts when my car had run around 40K for which they just replaced the gear oil. Its smooth since that change. How many kms your car has run? Do you feel any judder while pressing or releasing the clutch? I have no idea of costs of clutch overhauling. Now I feel some judder by hearing such crazy costs. My car will be due for 80K servicing in few weeks. I'll ask my SA about all these major costs.

Sagar, any idea about timing belt change interval in i20?
My car has done 36000 Kms and yes there is slight juddering .1st and 2nd gears are tough ,all others are smooth.

Most Viewed