Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2006, 14:03   #31
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Damn !! someone take a camera to the garage
Old 23rd March 2006, 10:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

buuuaaahhahahahaaa

got the car back yesterday. Had given it for exhaust mods. Please excuse me if i cant suppress my evil laugh for the next few days....

buuuaaahahahahaaa
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:23   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
buuuaaahhahahahaaa

got the car back yesterday. Had given it for exhaust mods. Please excuse me if i cant suppress my evil laugh for the next few days....

buuuaaahahahahaaa
Im sure u will have that evil laugh for quite sometime now .. Heard that u got the headers , etc done up yesterday .. Sunday is not that far away, should be fun to see goldie burn some rubber .. Just make sure u get a towing rope along as well , we all will certainly need to if we are to catch up with u ..
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ok Amitoj,

Better post the pics now mate. Its high time we saw the transplanted heart of Goldie.
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Im sure u will have that evil laugh for quite sometime now .. Heard that u got the headers , etc done up yesterday .. Sunday is not that far away, should be fun to see goldie burn some rubber .. Just make sure u get a towing rope along as well , we all will certainly need to if we are to catch up with u ..
Are we meeting this sunday or not.. this way we can see Goldie..
Old 24th March 2006, 00:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Ok Amitoj,

Better post the pics now mate. Its high time we saw the transplanted heart of Goldie.
hehe... i am actually counting on someone bringing a camera to the drive on sunday... Rudra Sir, are you listening?

Amitoj

EDIT: Oh n satya, u better NOT wax ur car this weekend. I think i am repeating myself...

Last edited by amitoj : 24th March 2006 at 00:44.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

drove Goldie yesterday ....the pick up was superbb ...but the best part were those 14 inch tires ....i had thought that the 195 tires would touch the body or mabbe the steering would be too hard ...actually it was as if i was driving my zen ...after seeing those 195 tires ...my 165 looks so skinny ....

actually the 14ich tires fit the wheel well perfectly... inspite of teh raised suspension

yeah i wont wax my car ....otherwise it would rain .....
Old 24th March 2006, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
hehe... i am actually counting on someone bringing a camera to the drive on sunday... Rudra Sir, are you listening?
I'll definitely get my Digital camera, but am not a photography Pro like Rudra from the sounds of it.

Also Amitoj, is this a 16v Esteem engine or from the carb'd esteem?
Old 24th March 2006, 12:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

its the 8v carb esteem on steroids
Old 24th March 2006, 18:42   #40
BANNED

Quote:

Amitoj
Spoke to old man today at the garage , said he will confirm a little later as he might have some shooting at the same time .. Well im sure v1p3r will be getting his digi-cam too .. Too bad that we dont have the pros rudra or samurai or pathak coming as of yet ..

Oh yes , a 8V esteem engine on steeroids it sure is .. Wonder whats the driver running on ?? A 50 shot of NOS ??

Satya u bugger .. Already got to drive the goldie eh ?? Damn , oye sheep in wolfs clothing ( dont know if its apt now ?!) werent we the ones to get the 1st TD ?? Too bad that ur car was being run-in back then (yeah yeah with psycho's techy speedlimiter that is) .. Or else by now we would have put up some 0-100 , 0-60ft , 1/4 mile times by now ..

Those 14'' rims , the 195s sure look sweet .. Only prob being the ownwer drives the car sitting in the rear seat or so it looks like from far ..
Old 9th April 2006, 15:19   #41
BANNED

Finally the final tuning on the goldie has been done .. We had been to TGIF yesterday .. Present were amitoj , anush , myself and our mad scientist psycho ..

Psycho got down to tuning the car , and then we went out for a spin .. And boy was the goldie flying or what ?? I was shocked to see the difference in performance since the long drive .. Amitoj riding shotgun couldnt make up his mind whether it was due to the final tuning or the driver talent of psycho that the car was moving ..

More shocking to see was , psycho asked me to stand near the exhaust .. I put my leg against the exhaust just to get a puff or hot air onto my legs .. Then he says " Bugger put ur hand in front of the exhaust da " .. So i did , and to my surpirse the moment the engine was revved , water was dripping from my palms .. Now thats what id call a PERFECT TUNE UP .. Hats off to psycho for a job really well done .. Now just cant wait to see that happen to my baby too ..

I can still recollect amitoj having a smile which went from east coast to west coast ..

Now hyderabadi's watch out for this battered looking yet capable of doing 210+ zen .. Yeah the only give up are those monstrous tyres and the bling wheels .. Did i forget to mention about that tall surd behind the wheel ..
Old 9th April 2006, 17:02   #42
Exo
BHPian

Awesome job man! Congratulations!

Say how much cas have you spent on this all together? Also is the dif/axle/etc the same since your runing a fair bit more power?

I'm looking at a beat up esteem or zen( dhaka quality cab..) for an upgrade to turbo'd 1.3 twin cam. Can a zen handle 16" tyres or is that esteem teritory?

And how's the handling like?
Old 9th April 2006, 18:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

hey thanks for doing the update, mclaren. i couldnt have done it better. Yeah jus when i thot that i was getting the best out of the car, psycho teaches me a thing or two about pushing it hard, and on top of it tunes it up further!!!

Exo, the front and rear suspension has been completely changed and stiffened up. But its stiffened up jus enough to go gliding over the potholed roads of bangalore. Handling is just superb. 60 degree alternate turns induce hardly any body roll at all, thanks to the fat rubber and the suspension.

16" would be too much for a zen IMHO, at least for the ones we get in india. people are normally hesitant here to put even 14 inchers on a zen.

Let me know if u need more details.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 9th April 2006, 18:36   #44
Team-BHP Support

Yet again we dont get to see pictures. Pls post some pics of the psycho'ed car.
Old 10th April 2006, 21:21   #45
Team-BHP Support

suspension

had a wonderful time reading through your writeup...

Quote:
the front and rear suspension has been completely changed and stiffened up. But its stiffened up jus enough to go gliding over the potholed roads of bangalore. Handling is just superb. 60 degree alternate turns induce hardly any body roll at all, thanks to the fat rubber and the suspension.
...though i'm mostly interested in your suspension. from your posts in response to queries from other members, i take it you're running a stock setup - modified to suit your tires and tuned for better handling.

am i on the right track? if no, then more details will be appreciated - thanks, in advance...
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks