Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 03:14   #31
BHPian

re: My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 1,05,000km done EDIT: SOLD

Congratulations on your new ride. Your review compensated for the missing official review. I was plannign to buy either the ZDi or the Polo TDi. Which would you recommend?
Shome is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 08:44   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
How do you feel the roads in your new Swift as compared to the old FIAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hi,
Nice review, I am also looking to upgrade my Palio and I am looking for same handler as Palio, at least equivalent to Palio. I know it is difficult to find alternative to Hydraulic steering but mostly I am looking for feel-planted at higher speed. I had almost finalized on T-JET but increasing fuel price made my mind change. So what I have decided is to buy a Ninja 650R for performance ride and budget diesel car for everyday ride.
I have shortlisted Polo 1.2 TDI and Swift Diesel. Have you taken test ride of 1.2 TDI ? I heard with the speed the noise of TDI disappears and it gives you planted feel as well. How you will compare Polo 1.2 TDI with New Swift ?
The Palio is on the stiffer side as compared to the Swift. Handling wise, I'd rate them on par with each other after upgraded tyres. The Palio handles more horses and I don't doubt that the Swift is capable of doing the same. Go for it. The second best bet would be a 90 HP Fiat Punto. I hate those 3-pot VW Diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats moralfibre. Yet another white Swift and it looks as refreshing as the others. Any reason you didn't pick the ZDi?
Budget reasons.

Quote:
Good to know you are enjoying the move from petrol to diesel. 17+ kpl is encouraging. Your post talks about turbo kicking in at 2200 rpm. Are you sure it isn't 2000 rpm? 2200 sounds like too much of a lag.
No it isn't much of a lag. The low end is pretty good enough. After a while you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
don't remember exactly since it's been approx 10 months - but somewhere in the 2200 range
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I got the same films for my Car. The print rate stands at Rs. 1995 INR. They look pretty good on a white Car
Hey vigsom / Sheel, I'd like to see some pictures of this film. Is it RTO approved? The pricing sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Nice review Moral but I dont agree when you say Micra is expensive. The Micra Diesel XV costs almost the same as Swift VDi in Delhi but absolutely trounces it when it comes to standard equipment and features.
I agree, I hadn't checked out the latest prices. I was told that their top end costs about 7.5 lakhs on road. But still, you can't beat a Maruti Suzuki with their abundant service requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Your review compensated for the missing official review. I was plannign to buy either the ZDi or the Polo TDi. Which would you recommend?
Eyes closed the Swift. The Polo is a good car with a bad engine. The ZDi beats it hollow in terms of:

- Space (rear seat)
- Engine

Polo
- Better built
- Bigger boot.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th September 2011 at 08:46.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 09:19   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I agree, I hadn't checked out the latest prices. I was told that their top end costs about 7.5 lakhs on road. But still, you can't beat a Maruti Suzuki with their abundant service requirement.
Yes but Micra is a darn good car at that price. My friend is terribly confused which diesel to buy.
Swift ZDi - A little too expensive
Micra - No ABS in Diesel, any model! Shame!
Figo - Very average looks
Polo TDi - 3 cylinder diesel
Punto - Top end EP is above 7 Lakhs so out of budget.

He is leaning towards Figo but may increase his budget and go for the Punto instead.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:26   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey vigsom / Sheel, I'd like to see some pictures of this film. Is it RTO approved? The pricing sounds good.
Hi MF! Would FB link work for you? If no, let me know. Putting up the link
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2036.636647595
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 13:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MF, a comprehensively well written report indeed! Wish you many safe miles with your new Swift.
What stickers have you put up so that I can identify you when you rev past me in your 3rd gear? Now that your 1st service is done
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you get them from Phadke Car Decor in Kothrud, it will be in between 1700-1800 (depending upon your bargaining skills). Mind you, I have this film, and I find the performance strictly average in my Swift, but visibility is great.
Maybe because I dont have a front windscreen film, as I dont want my night visibility compromised.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 15:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Kiran: Awesome thread. Great ownership report. Congratulations on the car. IMO, still the best looker in the hatch segment. Plenty of mod potential and an absolute fun to drive car. Seeing the interior pics, I can safely say that it sure is a major step (ahead) for MSIL. Good quality on most parts.

Oil change and 1 servicing done already? In a span of less than 10 days? Man, you sure are loving your first diesel, are'nt you ?

Get the 100% visibility sheet for the front screen (3m or the likes) and 70% for other windows. 3M's are good, but costly.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 15:44   #38
BHPian

First of all congrats for the neighbours envy owners pride.I am getting my vdi next week.Just wanted to know how much did the extended warranty cost you?
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:22   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
First of all congrats for the neighbours envy owners pride.I am getting my vdi next week.Just wanted to know how much did the extended warranty cost you?
The one from Maruti Suzuki is Rs. 5,000/- for an additional 2 years and 40,000 kms. So effectively you will have 4 years or 80,000 kms whichever is earliers. Waiting to hear about your VDI. Do post an ownership review.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Moral and that is a sweet looking car and a brilliant review. You have captured quite a lot of details and now am wondering, to be or not to be Rear shocks does seem to be different and now comes with bump stops at the shocks. This i think might be actually stopping the bottom out phenomenon.

ps: dont baby too much, i used to drive her as normal from day 1. Used to take her to higher rpm's without any issues. Its the way you rev that matters, not how high. Do it slow and steady and raise the bar one step at a time, oh also ensure you warm up before you rev up. Serving me well and super refined motor it has become. This engine takes more than 8-9k kms to completely free up, so don't shift to synthetics before that.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 21:03   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review mate! When you told me you weren't going for the Zdi was a bit disappointed but this looks like a sweet deal, except of course th lack of safety features.

White looks a bit boring for the Swift, man. This car was designed to be coloured whackily! But hey- whatever works for you!

Why did you pay for the first service? Isn't it supposed to be free?
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 21:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review there Moralfibre. I sometimes wonder how people wait so long for a mass market car, but i guess the peace of mind that the car will give you is worth waiting for.

Could you clarify what the 'dealer' supplied warranty (mentioned in your Sai service thread) worth 6990/- is ?

Coming to the colour, i have seen a blue one at E-square and it looked killer - Beautiful shade of blue i must say. Did u choose white and were ready to take anything that came after the dealership acted funny ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think he paid only for the oil & the filter. No labour.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 20th September 2011 at 21:42.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 21:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of observations from my end.
  • Looks like the VDi gets a "low fuel warning" light. Previous gen didn't have it.
  • All 4 windows get a one-touch down feature? I see that a small line projected at the tip of the buttons which usually denote the one touch down feature.
Please try for 3M for the sun-films. Garware is a budget stuff, I will not recommend it. Also please make sure you get the extended warranty. Diesels can give more trouble comparatively & every stuff is expensive. I took the 4 year E.W and have already benefited for that 5K and I have one year still left.

I see some one upgraded to stock audio for 16K. IMO it helps only on the aesthetics front & they could have got a fairly good sound system for that 16K, had they gone for aftermarket stuff !

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th September 2011 at 21:56.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 00:14   #44
BHPian

@moralfibre;
Congratulations alot on getting the New Swift VDi.
Lucky you.
May I know when you've booked this Swift ?

As I've also booked a New Swift ZDi for myself but with the currently going strike & protests I don't think that I can get my Swift this year.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 09:26   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What stickers have you put up so that I can identify you when you rev past me in your 3rd gear? Now that your 1st service is done
I'll be getting team-bhp stickers today. Will stick them on and post a few pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Oil change and 1 servicing done already? In a span of less than 10 days? Man, you sure are loving your first diesel, are'nt you ?
Thanks Swanand, absolutely loving the fact that a tankful costs < Rs. 2,000/-

Quote:
Get the 100% visibility sheet for the front screen (3m or the likes) and 70% for other windows. 3M's are good, but costly.
I wouldn't be getting a front screen film. I liked the ones on your Laura. Is it the same one you are talking about? Is 70% visibility legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You have captured quite a lot of details and now am wondering, to be or not to be.
You CAN, very easily. Remember, the resale of the old Swift is absolutely sweet. There's not much you'll have to throw in to upgrade.

Quote:
Rear shocks does seem to be different and now comes with bump stops at the shocks. This i think might be actually stopping the bottom out phenomenon.
The old ones were quite poor if you agree with me?

Quote:
This engine takes more than 8-9k kms to completely free up, so don't shift to synthetics before that.
Do you think the NVH will drop after about 9k kms? I will be switching to synthetic after 10k kms. What grade have you been using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nice review mate! When you told me you weren't going for the Zdi was a bit disappointed but this looks like a sweet deal, except of course th lack of safety features.
I agree Anoop. I wish I could throw in some more for the ZDi but then I had to compromise and get a loan which I didn't want to.

Quote:
White looks a bit boring for the Swift, man. This car was designed to be coloured whackily! But hey- whatever works for you!
I was planning to stick a political party sticker on the back to deter guntha mantris from taking panga.

Quote:
Labour is free, consumables are not. They don't change the oil filter on first service. I insisted that they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Very nice review there Moralfibre. I sometimes wonder how people wait so long for a mass market car, but i guess the peace of mind that the car will give you is worth waiting for.
Tell me about it Tarun. Peace of mind is what I was looking for when I walked into a Maruti showroom. All my friends knew how much I hated them as a manufacturer. But then, somewhere down the line you want a product that has so much support that you have little to worry about if at all anything goes wrong. And trust me, it barely goes wrong with the Japanese.

Quote:
Could you clarify what the 'dealer' supplied warranty (mentioned in your Sai service thread) worth 6990/- is ?
I'll put up a scan of the dealer supplied warranty card. Remind me if I forget please.

Quote:
Coming to the colour, i have seen a blue one at E-square and it looked killer - Beautiful shade of blue i must say. Did u choose white and were ready to take anything that came after the dealership acted funny ?
Not at all, White was my preference all the time and I did not budge. In fact all their first lot cars were White!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Couple of observations from my end.
  • Looks like the VDi gets a "low fuel warning" light. Previous gen didn't have it.
  • All 4 windows get a one-touch down feature? I see that a small line projected at the tip of the buttons which usually denote the one touch down feature.
I think the low fuel warning light was there in the old Swift. Others can confirm.

Only the driver side has a one-touch down feature. None others do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
May I know when you've booked this Swift ?
23Mar'11 to be precise.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks