Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 15:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Glad to hear about this - have you utilized their services earlier?
Yeh, I was a regular there for my Palio (2007-2010) and then Punto (2010) service. The best part was, I could stand near by my vehicle while they service it. They never ever objected it.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Ninj, congrats on your blue baby and what a nice thread this is! I saw a new-looking shadow blue Vento Tdi HL entering HJW the other day but it was driven by a balding guy (certainly not you!) with a buncha other guys as well.

Your assessment of the Pune dealers is spot-on:even I will probably give it for service etc. at BUB instead of Vidyut whom I got my car from.

Post more pics dude!
Old 26th September 2011, 15:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Ninja

Congratulations on your Smurf (the blue one). Enjoy the ride and drive safely. Happy mile crunching.

Has your driving habits changed now that you moved to a diesel ride? How's the ride handling in comparison to the old ride?
Old 26th September 2011, 15:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, the car is here. Till lunch it was resting in B2's shade - post that, had to keep her in the sun behind B3.
This is what happens if yo utake the car out! Pains to see a new car left to soak in the sun, doesn'nt it.
What mats are you goin in for? Kagu or others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I'm there with the DSLR. Lets do it. I'm awaiting for a meet too. Hope to see your blue lagoon and some one's boa constrictor.
p.s : I've given these names until the owners have given their own
Lol, yes the review is in assembly line. Waiting for an appropriate time to click some nice pics that are uploadable! Soon my friend soon.

P.S: Like the names given
Old 26th September 2011, 19:08   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Yeh, I was a regular there for my Palio (2007-2010) and then Punto (2010) service. The best part was, I could stand near by my vehicle while they service it. They never ever objected it.
Nice! Good to hear good (past) reviews for a VW dealer! We need more of them across the country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Ninj, congrats on your blue baby and what a nice thread this is! I saw a new-looking shadow blue Vento Tdi HL entering HJW the other day but it was driven by a balding guy (certainly not you!) with a buncha other guys as well.
Still some time for that
Quote:
Post more pics dude!
Your wish is my command sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Has your driving habits changed now that you moved to a diesel ride? How's the ride handling in comparison to the old ride?
Way different. My old ride used to pang for breath even before it reached the 3 digit figure, while the current lady easily does it without any sweat!

But the turbo boost needs more careful handling, especially in traffic jams & bumper to bumper traffic - the 800 was far easy to handle.

But i'm loving the car - its hard to sit quiet, feel like living on the road only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
This is what happens if yo utake the car out! Pains to see a new car left to soak in the sun, doesn'nt it.
What mats are you goin in for? Kagu or others?
Kagu is the one i'm aiming for. Any source at Pune?
Quote:
P.S: Like the names given
So do I!
Old 26th September 2011, 19:45   #36
vcx
BHPian

Congrats, neat car and oozes simplicity / class. Apt color too,new ICE and steering controls is a neat one.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:45   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Q. How can having 153 NM of torque and 104 BHP be a pain in the ***?
A. Having that much power and not being able to use it to its full extent.

Imagine a 8 lane concrete highway with hardly any cars and absolutely zero slow lumbering trucks to slow you down, and all that power for you to use, what do you do? You maintain a speed limit of 85 on a highway that could easily see you doing 140. Pain. Loads of it.
To do it once is horrible, to do it 4 times in a matter of 36 hours is sheer lunacy

But that's how life kicks you in the rear. And you smile and endure it - hoping some day this will pay off - some day later you could roll down the window, screaming down the road at 150+ and showing off the long nail on your middle finger to anyone who cares to give you attention!

It is said that it took Einstein years to figure out the theory of relativity. Bollocks. He should have driven a car.
Drive at 80 in city traffic - you feel like god.
Drive at 80 on a express highway - you feel like a idiot. That's relativity for you

Some findings about the lady :-
  • Although the new music player loses out on the awesome blue font, yet the new player looks more classy, especially during the day.
  • The stock speakers are good. So good that I am discarding any thoughts of changing them atleast for a year.
  • When I get into the reverse gear, the screen of the player become an optical display for the back sensors; and the music volume is instantly reduced to a minimum. Once I shift back to neutral, the music resumes.
  • The sensors work very well - tried it uptil a distance of half a feet, the display was quite accurate (to an extent)
  • Like the previous system, the ICE works even if the car ignition is switched off. But the steering controls only work when the ignition is on.
  • Drive this lady after driving a petrol car - and you might just notice a tweeny-wenny bit of turbo lag. Drive her after driving a diesel, and you won't notice any lag at all.

Last 36 hours statistics:
Kms traveled : 600
Road : Highway 70% / City 30%
Max mileage : 22.8 kmph
Min mileage : 16 kmph

Anyway, its way too early to derive any trends, but the general idea is - treat her nicely, she'll give you amazing mileage; give her rough treatment, and you might just achieve single digit mileage!
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 20:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new ride. Vento with its newly added features can give Verna a good fight. In 9-11L segment, its hard to look beyond Vento/Verna for a diesel - Verna for a feature rich city car and Vento for handling and superb engine/gearbox.

If only VW improves it's dealer behaviour !
Old 26th September 2011, 22:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Q. How can having 153 NM of torque and 104 BHP be a pain in the ***?
A. Having that much power and not being able to use it to its full extent.
A small correction is in order , its 250 Nm of torque
Quote:
Road : Highway 70% / City 30%
Max mileage : 22.8 kmph
Min mileage : 16 kmph
Ninja , have you started Mumbai - Pune shuttle service ? I am thinking of hitching a ride on your shadow fax The car indeed is addictive especially on the highway - the torque seems relentless , keeps on oozing out as one hits the pedal. BTW , once you had mentioned about a 'feel good' ride on your friend's punto in your moments of doubt about the Vento, how about revising your statement in light of your Vento drive

On the button that allows you fill 5-6 litres more fuel , its inside the tank just beyond the cap . I got a feeling that most pump attendants now know about it courtesy the growing popularity of skoda and vw cars

Last edited by souravc : 26th September 2011 at 22:19.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:20   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Ninja - The car looks awesome in Blue (I see one parked in my society daily & I know how cool it looks). The detailed pictures are awesome.

So the mystery on the interior surveillance system has been sorted out. Its been removed and replaced by a dummy plastic cover. Hope it doesn't fall out.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations Ninja. 600kms in 36 hours! Thanks for the excellent ownership report
Old 27th September 2011, 11:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

TD'd the blue baby last noon. This was the first TDI Vento that I drove, and Wow, what super response the engine has! Turbo lag is negligible, IMO.

Oh, the ICE is a vast improvement over the (relatively) older models. Few tweeks would do the magic. Ninja, get it shown to our ICE guru's the next time we meet.

For Kagu mats, try Rahul Enterprises on FC road. He seems to be the official stockist/dealer for em in Pune.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:48   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
DUDE...for a moment I thought you actually bought a petrol . My baby has 153 Nm of torque which is amazing to begin with, but your baby has a 100 more of 'em

Enjoy!
Old 27th September 2011, 13:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Congrats for your new ride. Vento with its newly added features can give Verna a good fight. In 9-11L segment, its hard to look beyond Vento/Verna for a diesel - Verna for a feature rich city car and Vento for handling and superb engine/gearbox.

...and mates the TDI to an Auto 'box...if Hyundai can do it, why can't VW?
Old 27th September 2011, 14:02   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
DUDE...for a moment I thought you actually bought a petrol . My baby has 153 Nm of torque which is amazing to begin with, but your baby has a 100 more of 'em

Enjoy!
Quote:
Ah, the joys of Cut-Copy-Paste

Quote:
Ninja , have you started Mumbai - Pune shuttle service ? I am thinking of hitching a ride on your shadow fax The car indeed is addictive especially on the highway - the torque seems relentless , keeps on oozing out as one hits the pedal. BTW , once you had mentioned about a 'feel good' ride on your friend's punto in your moments of doubt about the Vento, how about revising your statement in light of your Vento drive
Even better - waiting to get the clarification from the horse's mouth itself. Haven't got a proper chance for him to have a go at the car. As for my opinion, there is NO competition at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
+1 to that. But with the added features on the Vento, I doubt if Verna has the edge still. Only point I see as a + for Verna is its extensive service network.
Quote:
They are improving. But it'll take time. Thankfully the pune guys are decent enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations Ninja - The car looks awesome in Blue (I see one parked in my society daily & I know how cool it looks). The detailed pictures are awesome.

So the mystery on the interior surveillance system has been sorted out. Its been removed and replaced by a dummy plastic cover. Hope it doesn't fall out.
Lol - yea, that confusion was sorted out. And no, it doesn't fall.

But something else fell out in the weekend - the plastic lever for opening the hood - just popped out.
But didn't find much of an issue here - it's like a plug in a socket, fits back in easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Ninja. 600kms in 36 hours! Thanks for the excellent ownership report
Miles to go more! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
TD'd the blue baby last noon. This was the first TDI Vento that I drove, and Wow, what super response the engine has! Turbo lag is negligible, IMO.

Oh, the ICE is a vast improvement over the (relatively) older models. Few tweeks would do the magic. Ninja, get it shown to our ICE guru's the next time we meet.

For Kagu mats, try Rahul Enterprises on FC road. He seems to be the official stockist/dealer for em in Pune.
Am planning to drive down today itself. Checked with them - they have the mats in stock.

People, need your opinion - in case I have a choice at the store, which one are better - Kagu 3D mats or Star mats?
Looks wise Kagu seem the better one, but only in black. Also the shop fellow has quoted 5k for Kagu - is that the current price? Thought it had gone down.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-kagu-vs-star.jpg  

Most Viewed