Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 14:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Ninja: Get the Kagu. Trust me, you would thank us, after you go in for the black mats. The beige is a pain to maintain. Ask me, Noop or any other person that has beige carpets in the car!

Yes, the asking price for Kagu is still around 5k. Try and see if he negotiates.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 14:24   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
People, need your opinion - in case I have a choice at the store, which one are better - Kagu 3D mats or Star mats?
Looks wise Kagu seem the better one, but only in black. Also the shop fellow has quoted 5k for Kagu - is that the current price? Thought it had gone down.
I have not seen the Star mats, but I felt the 3D Kagu mats are awesome. Its quite popular here in Singapore.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car Ninja. Looks beautiful in this shade, wishing you a very pleasant ownership experience.

On the mats thing - Kagu mats has 5 pieces whereas the standard OEM ones have only 4. I made the mistake of going for the standard rubber mats. Whatever the case is, go for black.

When you do get an opportunity, change your license plates to the embossed kind. They will further compliment the looks of your car. The current one looks a bit odd and out of place on otherwise a gorgeous car. I'm also not a big fan of the OEM mud-flaps of the vento and prefer the clean looks of the car without them.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. But with the added features on the Vento, I doubt if Verna has the edge still. Only point I see as a + for Verna is its extensive service network.
Verna still has the edge for a lot of people - Push Button Start, Parking Camera (these 2 are big show-off features for non-motorheads; one of my colleagues convinced his wife to move up a segment just based on these 2 features), 6 Airbags (+1000 to Hyundai for this), better A.S.S. network and arguably more stylish looks. For a lot of people who prefer sedate driving and hardly cross 100-120 on the higway, Verna would be a more feature packed car at the same price point. Added to that VW's dealers attitude towards after-market accessories (they are ready to void warranty at the drop of a hat!)

Vento does have it's pluses - lower waiting period (Verna has 6+ months waiting for all 1.6 diesel variants while dealers in Blr quote 2-3 months for Vento), slightly better quality interiors and more punchy engine.

Verna's AT tranny is a decade old 4 speed unit :( And i doubt VW is planning to put a Auto box in Vento to avoid cross-shopping between Jetta TL & Vento AT. Maybe Skoda Rapid/Lauretta will have a diesel AT box
Old 27th September 2011, 17:30   #50
BHPian

Congratulations NJ!!!

i am feeling very jealous that you have all these features in your car and I dont!! :(

But the car looks awesome in Blue color and the Ac and music system are swell with black background and white letters. Frankly you are not missing out much with not having the blue as it the older system feels ages old.

Congratulations again on your car dude. It rocks!!!
Old 27th September 2011, 20:45   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ninja: Get the Kagu. Trust me, you would thank us, after you go in for the black mats. The beige is a pain to maintain. Ask me, Noop or any other person that has beige carpets in the car!

Yes, the asking price for Kagu is still around 5k. Try and see if he negotiates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I have not seen the Star mats, but I felt the 3D Kagu mats are awesome. Its quite popular here in Singapore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations on your new car Ninja. Looks beautiful in this shade, wishing you a very pleasant ownership experience.

On the mats thing - Kagu mats has 5 pieces whereas the standard OEM ones have only 4. I made the mistake of going for the standard rubber mats. Whatever the case is, go for black.
The mats are up! Couldn't negotiate any reduction in the price, but still the lady deserves it.

Next item on the block - seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
When you do get an opportunity, change your license plates to the embossed kind. They will further compliment the looks of your car. The current one looks a bit odd and out of place on otherwise a gorgeous car. I'm also not a big fan of the OEM mud-flaps of the vento and prefer the clean looks of the car without them.
Well I'll check up on them. I think Swanand too was mentioning something of the same sort.
Even I refused the mud-flaps - the car looks good without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Congratulations NJ!!!

i am feeling very jealous that you have all these features in your car and I dont!! :(
Lol. You ain't the first Vento owner who has mentioned that to me.

Thanks for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Verna still has the edge for a lot of people - Push Button Start, Parking Camera (these 2 are big show-off features for non-motorheads; one of my colleagues convinced his wife to move up a segment just based on these 2 features), 6 Airbags (+1000 to Hyundai for this), better A.S.S. network and arguably more stylish looks.
Lol - we could have a full-fledged discussion on this and yet come to no conclusion. Anyway I'm glad there aren't that many Ventos out there - gives you that bit of exclusivity. But yes, the VW needs to shape up its dealers, especially if they want to grow to the level of Hyundai or Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Vento does have it's pluses - lower waiting period (Verna has 6+ months waiting for all 1.6 diesel variants while dealers in Blr quote 2-3 months for Vento), slightly better quality interiors and more punchy engine.
There was a time when Vento's waiting periods were a dread across the country. I wonder how the junta booking Vernas are dealing with such waiting periods!
Old 27th September 2011, 21:57   #52
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
+1 to that. And with a better camera. Will be doing that over the weekend.

OTR price came to 10.95 lakhs (current price in Pune). Since I had done the booking before July, the first price increase of 20k wasn't applicable to me, so that amount was discounted for me.

As for NVH levels, still need to measure them - but they have definitely come down from earlier!
Cool price, in Hyderabad theOTR is12.3lacs.... :-(
Old 28th September 2011, 06:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx

I think your dealer is taking you for a ride. It did not touch 12 in Bangalore. Hyderabad should be bit lesser. Please check if he has added stuff like accessories for 35000 Rs etc on top?
Old 28th September 2011, 07:53   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

You bought the Kagu mats or the star car ones? How much did they cost you? BTW which sun films did you opt for?
Old 28th September 2011, 08:08   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I think your dealer is taking you for a ride. It did not touch 12 in Bangalore. Hyderabad should be bit lesser. Please check if he has added stuff like accessories for 35000 Rs etc on top?
+1 to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Can you put you the break up (showroom price, insurance cost - with/without Zero Dep, Road Tax, Ext Warranty) - something is definitely wrong here.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

@Ninjatalli: Congrats on your buy. I get the feeling, when I graduated directly from M800 to a Hyundai Accent in 1999, it felt like heaven. Vento ups the ante. Have a great time with it and keep us posted. Good that you have got the new updated Vento. Enjoy.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Cool price, in Hyderabad theOTR is12.3lacs....
Good god!
We got it at 10.1 with fancy nos en all.
Old 28th September 2011, 10:56   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@durango Dude - thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You bought the Kagu mats or the star car ones? How much did they cost you? BTW which sun films did you opt for?
I bought the Kagu mats, for 5k. Unfortunately the Star mats weren't available, plus the black color blew me away.

As of now I still haven't put up the sun films - I am not able to decide the color that would go with the blue color. IMO, a very light shade of blue or grey would be nice.

Opinions are invited on this matter. Friend suggests 3M RE50 - any feedback on that?

Funny incident - the other day I forgot where I had parked my car at office - saw a blue Vento and started admiring - it took around 2 seconds to realize it was my own.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:02   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the Kagu mats, for 5k. Unfortunately the Star mats weren't available, plus the black color blew me away.
Thats nice. 2k difference feels huge only till you haven't paid. Once installed they look amazing enough for you to forget about all that .
When are the pics for the same coming up?

Quote:
As of now I still haven't put up the sun films - I am not able to decide the color that would go with the blue color. IMO, a very light shade of blue or grey would be nice.

Opinions are invited on this matter. Friend suggests 3M RE50 - any feedback on that?
I am confused in between Vcool and 3m. How much is the RE50 costing you? Is there a considerable difference in between the 2 brands price wise and quality wise?
Quote:
Funny incident - the other day I forgot where I had parked my car at office - saw a blue Vento and started admiring - it took around 2 seconds to realize it was my own.
Thats funny . Actually the blue colour of the Vento appears different in different settings. The other day I had to race to catch up with a blue Vento which under sunlight was looking like a new shade in between the blue and the black. I thought that VW started making Vento's in that dark grey colour too.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:26   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats nice. 2k difference feels huge only till you haven't paid. Once installed they look amazing enough for you to forget about all that .
When are the pics for the same coming up?
Hopefully over the weekend. Need to give the lady a proper wash before taking pics.

Plus planning to do a one-day trip over the weekend in case the tbhp meet doesn't materialize. Top pick - Sula wineyards at Nasik - have a feeling the lady would look amazing in that background

Quote:
I am confused in between Vcool and 3m. How much is the RE50 costing you? Is there a considerable difference in between the 2 brands price wise and quality wise?
Honestly speaking, I have no idea. I don't have a quote for either - but will be checking up this weekend. The friend used 3M RE50 for his car, and felt it was quite good, and hence was suggesting the same for my car.

Quote:
Thats funny . Actually the blue colour of the Vento appears different in different settings. The other day I had to race to catch up with a blue Vento which under sunlight was looking like a new shade in between the blue and the black. I thought that VW started making Vento's in that dark grey colour too.
Quite true - the blue color displays (to the naked eye) different shades under the sun/in shade/in evening/etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks