Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 11:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The mats are up! Couldn't negotiate any reduction in the price, but still the lady deserves it.
Good. Any pics to show how the mats look in the Vento? Were there otehr colors available?

Quote:
Next item on the block - seat covers.
NO! Please no seat covers. Unless, you are planning to get rid of the originals and put new one's in place of that. If so, I suggest, get leather.
Adding seat covers on the existing covers will spoil the look and feel of the seats. Please refrain.
Old 28th September 2011, 14:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nicky. With regards to your query - there were quite a few changes -
  1. New ICE with usb slot in glove box
  2. Steering controls
  3. Leather cover for steering wheel
  4. Remote sensors on rear bumper
  5. Removal of surveillance system
Will keep you posted on the driving & performance - so far it has been awesome!
When did these get introduced? And I thought these would come in only with a face lift! Saw no ad splash or so either.

Did you check why the bluetooth controls wouldn't work?

Congrats on your new ride! I just checked, the TDI Highline is now 9.90 ex-showroom in Bangalore - and when they'd introduced it was 9.23!
Old 28th September 2011, 15:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Atleast they had the presence of mind to keep the Ex-Showroom below 10L as Road Tax rate goes up after you cross 10L. The price rise is OK i guess considering the features added.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Otherwise it was all "Mai toh saab ban gaya" feeling, what with the plush seating and comfortable arm-rest, not to speak about the rear AC vents.
(Point to note here - cars like the Optra might have a better backseat (read:sofa) but maybe due to the beige color setup, the backseat of the Vento feels huge and airy! Except for the ugly hump at the center, you get this feeling of sitting in a premium car and not a C segment car!)
Haha, exactly my feeling when I sat in the Vento for the first time! I felt it exudes more 'premium-ness' than the other cars in the same segment, if you leave out flashy designs and interiors.

Congratulations, Ninja. Looks Waiting for some more interesting pics of the blue lady!

Quote:
Well I'll check up on them. I think Swanand too was mentioning something of the same sort.
Even I refused the mud-flaps - the car looks good without it.
I feel mud flaps are essential. Or the lower part of your bumper (or below the front doors) will have all dirt over it frequently. With dark colors like ours, they do not spoil the look as much as when used with light colors. Check this photo for the mudflaps:

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-vwnilesh2.jpg
Old 28th September 2011, 16:10   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Were there otehr colors available?
Second option was a dull shade of beige -black was definitely better.
The beige color would look better for a car with dark interiors.

Quote:
NO! Please no seat covers. Unless, you are planning to get rid of the originals and put new one's in place of that. If so, I suggest, get leather.
Adding seat covers on the existing covers will spoil the look and feel of the seats. Please refrain.
Pray, why? I do like the existing covers, but aren't they a pain to maintain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
When did these get introduced? And I thought these would come in only with a face lift! Saw no ad splash or so either.

Did you check why the bluetooth controls wouldn't work?

Congrats on your new ride! I just checked, the TDI Highline is now 9.90 ex-showroom in Bangalore - and when they'd introduced it was 9.23!
Yes, this is thanks to the two successive price increases. They did announce the price increase, especially the first one was communicated in print medium atleast.

The bluetooth buttons are dependent on the player - this one doesn't support it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Atleast they had the presence of mind to keep the Ex-Showroom below 10L as Road Tax rate goes up after you cross 10L. The price rise is OK i guess considering the features added.
And in league with Verna & below Fiesta.
In terms of tangible costs, it is not ok - the surveillence system itself would have equalled (most if not all) the costs incurred for the new features.
But look at it from an overall perspective, it doesn't feel so bad - atleast half of the existing owners would be ready to upgrade if given a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Haha, exactly my feeling when I sat in the Vento for the first time! I felt it exudes more 'premium-ness' than the other cars in the same segment, if you leave out flashy designs and interiors.
I am waiting for my parents to experience it, especially my father who feels any car costlier than a Alto is an un-necessary expenditure
Dead sure he's going to be swooned away!

Quote:
I feel mud flaps are essential. Or the lower part of your bumper (or below the front doors) will have all dirt over it frequently. With dark colors like ours, they do not spoil the look as much as when used with light colors. Check this photo for the mudflaps:
Well, I'm going to wait and watch. Forget the mud-flaps, that's one helluva pic! Is the the original pic or after PP?

Quote:
Good. Any pics to show how the mats look in the Vento? Were there otehr colors available?
Quote:
Congratulations, Ninja. Looks Waiting for some more interesting pics of the blue lady!
Weekend guys. Need to spend quality time alone with the lady

Last edited by ninjatalli : 28th September 2011 at 16:25.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:10   #66
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I think your dealer is taking you for a ride. It did not touch 12 in Bangalore. Hyderabad should be bit lesser. Please check if he has added stuff like accessories for 35000 Rs etc on top?

@prabhuferrari the price in Hyd too was well under 12( ard 11.2), but with new features added the price is at 12.3 which I suppose with all accessories.

Its way too high, infact I way thinking should I go for likes of Civic with a strech of 1.5 L more( taking me to next segment),But Petrol prices + and Impressive Vento making me tilt toward Vento.

Could you confirm the blr prices( all accessories inclusive), I see Blr and Hyd prices shd be on par.

I ll get a quote with the break up from the dealer.

By the way Vento cousin Lauretta/Rapide would be out on Oct 7th which has same heart and priced abt a lac cheaper to Vento.

Lets see how Sibling rivary truns out!
Old 28th September 2011, 16:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And in league with Verna & below Fiesta.
In terms of tangible costs, it is not ok - the surveillence system itself would have equalled (most if not all) the costs incurred for the new features.
But look at it from an overall perspective, it doesn't feel so bad - atleast half of the existing owners would be ready to upgrade if given a choice.
More than the tangible cost, what matters is value to customer. As you rightly say, 95% of customers if not more would opt for the upgraded music system+steering controls+new upgrades rather than surveillance system even with increased price. So VW have done a good job.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pray, why? I do like the existing covers, but aren't they a pain to maintain?
I suggest you wait it out. Let these get soiled, then go in for leather. Why the additional expenses? (Unless you are hell bent on spending )
With leather seats a few months/years down the line, the car would feel new alltogether.
Additional seat covers on top of existing one's would also ruin the bucket seat feel.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 17:18   #69
BHPian

Vento Price in Hyderabad (1.6L CR MT)
Ex-Showroom 9.95
Insurance 0.46
Life Tax @ 14% 1.39
Incidental Ch. 0.15
Std. Accessories 0.25
Extd Wrnty 0.11

Total 12.31
Old 28th September 2011, 18:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Standard Accesories 25k ?? What do you get in this ? Are mudflaps/mats worth 25k ??
Old 28th September 2011, 18:40   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Could you confirm the blr prices( all accessories inclusive), I see Blr and Hyd prices shd be on par.

I ll get a quote with the break up from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
Ex-Showroom 9.95
Insurance 0.46
Life Tax @ 14% 1.39
Incidental Ch. 0.15
Std. Accessories 0.25
Extd Wrnty 0.11

Total 12.31
@Bala/@VCX,
As rightly pointed out by @ethanhunt123, do check up if the 25k standard accessories is worth the money. Plus what about the corporate discount of 16k?

Even the ex-showroom price seems to be jacked up by 10-12k - the same here is 9.78k, and if you check the latest posts on the Vento thread, the price is almost similar in the north. Wonder why the additional amount for Hyderabad.

Can't do anything about the road tax, the difference is huge (pune road tax is around 7% only, and it gets even lower up north!).

But get quotes on the insurance from outside the dealer. I was quoted 47k by the dealer for zero dep insurance (Tata-Aig & Bajaj Allianz). I got the same at 30k from Tata-Aig. As the IDV value (95% of ex-showroom price) would be more or less same, you can definitely save another 10-15k out there.

Also what is "Incidental Charge"? No such charges are applicable at the VW dealers out here in Pune and at Mumbai. I am pretty sure it would be the case in other cities too.

If it helps the net break-up of my Vento price : 9.78 (Ex-sh) + 0.30 (Insurance) + 0.75 (Road Tax@7.5%) + 0.11 (Extended Warr.) - 0.16 (Corporate Discount) - 0.20 (Discount of first price increase in showroom price - not applicable to me) = 10.6 lakhs

Last edited by ninjatalli : 28th September 2011 at 18:48.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:55   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Am glad I bought the Vento when I did. Ex-showroom for the TDI was 9.23 back in Jan this year. My AT Petrol was almost the same price as the TDI HL and cost me (net of 16K corp discount and insurance on my own) 9.94 OTR which I think is a steal.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am glad I bought the Vento when I did. Ex-showroom for the TDI was 9.23 back in Jan this year. My AT Petrol was almost the same price as the TDI HL and cost me (net of 16K corp discount and insurance on my own) 9.94 OTR which I think is a steal.
Well I have exactly the same feeling regarding my TDi HL I had a sinking feeling that the price was too good to remain where it was so I booked it on Sept 6th the day it came to the showroom and I got a TD.
Well , I have to live with the pre-historic HU and extend my arm to change CDs / controls and don't have the built-in camera but thank God I saved a fair bit of money (and I have a survelliance system which can sense falling things such as itself )
After seeing Ninja's pictures , the upgrades are definitely worth the money - personally I also love the fact that I got the cash with me
Old 28th September 2011, 19:30   #74
BHPian

There is no Corporate Discount for vento. (Frankly need to negotiate).
The Std Accessories for High line are
1. Mud Flaps
2. Parking Distance Control System
3. Side door protector with Vento lettering
4. Textile Mat - Biege
5. Door Step Premium (Dont ask what is premium about it)
6. Seat Covers Premium (I think this is art leather)
7. Trunk Spoiler
8. Tubeless Tyre Vulcanizing kit.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
Ex-Showroom 9.95
Insurance 0.46
Life Tax @ 14% 1.39
Incidental Ch. 0.15
Std. Accessories 0.25
Extd Wrnty 0.11

Total 12.31
Daylight robbery

1. Insurance is 27K if you go via ICICI lombard, You save 19K there.
2. I did not opt for extended warranty. Another 11K
3. Your ex showroom price is high by 5000 - Another 5k
4. Standard accessories of 25K is a rip off - 25k here for saving

So ideally it should only be 11.71 in Hyderabad. Please ask them to break up into finer detail. And in case you get the corporate discount it will be 11.55. Atleast 75K cheaper than what your dealer has quoted. Please visit any other VW dealer in Hyderabad and get a quote from there as well.

This is the offer I got in Bangalore. Its working out to 11.38 L since am taking my own insurance.

Ex factory 868889
VAT 121644
ex show 990533
Corp discount - 16000
Ex show 974533
Road tax 153930
Handling charges 7000
Insurance 37634
Basic Accessories 3255
On road 1176718

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com