Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 20:28   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

^^ Not to belabour the point, Bala.V but it seems the dealer is trying to extract more from you than he is entitled to.

Corporate discount is 16K. It is your right- they will ask for some paperwork etc. but in the end they will give it to you. It is refunded by cheque after you pay the entire OTR amount- I got the cheque 2 weeks after delivery which seemed acceptable.

Insurance at 46K is a complete ripoff. You know how much I was quoted? 36K. You know how much ICICI Lombard quoted me online? 26K. You know how much I ACTUALLY paid in the end? 20K! Check with some agents- they give excellent rates. Mine is a Royal Sundaram comprehensive policy but I highly recommend you get the zero dep at some 6-7K more.

Accessories Pack: In my opinion this is nonsense. I CHOSE what accessories I wanted and in fact omitted those that I felt I was being ripped off on (like front windscreen film for example, which I got done outside). Why should you pay 25K for a bunch of stuff you may never use? Ask your dealer for the VW original accessories pricelist and choose only what you think you need!

Incidental Expenses. What is he charging you 15k for? If this is bribes etc. you shoudn't have to pay for it. It's utter nonsense. Nobody in Pune (for example) paid incidental expenses!

Reckon I saved you over 40 grand already . Treat me someplace nice next time your'e in town!
Old 28th September 2011, 20:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
^^ Not to belabour the point, Bala.V but it seems the dealer is trying to extract more from you than he is entitled to.

Corporate discount is 16K. It is your right- they will ask for some paperwork etc. but in the end they will give it to you. It is refunded by cheque after you pay the entire OTR amount- I got the cheque 2 weeks after delivery which seemed acceptable.

Accessories Pack: In my opinion this is nonsense. I CHOSE what accessories I wanted and in fact omitted those that I felt I was being ripped off on (like front windscreen film for example, which I got done outside). Why should you pay 25K for a bunch of stuff you may never use? Ask your dealer for the VW original accessories pricelist and choose only what you think you need!

Reckon I saved you over 40 grand already . Treat me someplace nice next time your'e in town!
One more point to note here is that in the standard accessories package there is a parking assist system. Why would you need that if the car already has one? Bala, stay away from this dealer.

And in my case they already deducted the corporate discount in the ex showroom price.
Old 28th September 2011, 22:32   #78
vcx
BHPian

The is difference in Hyd and blr prices seems strange, anyways.let me get the break up / quote tomm.
Old 28th September 2011, 22:38   #79
BHPian

Thanks Noopster and Prabhu,
I shall definitely negotiate for the above.
Also was considering verna albeight a waiting of 6-8 months as the *** for Vento is not known. Hyundai is a known devil
Price for 1.6 SX CRDI from Talwar
1. Ex show room 9.66
2. Life Tax 1.16
3. Insurance 0.31
4. Logistics 0.05

Total 11.18

Vento trendline is available in all colours immediately and High line is available in Silver immediately
All other colours take 2 months.
Me wanting Candy white (Silver vetoed by home dept as both my current Vehicles are Silver)
Old 28th September 2011, 23:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Second option was a dull shade of beige -black was definitely better. The beige color would look better for a car with dark interiors.
Ah, someone who thinks like me. Charthom, (although you are not around for a while on TBHP) I finally have a supporter for the black Kagu mats!

Quote:
In terms of tangible costs, it is not ok - the surveillence system itself would have equalled (most if not all) the costs incurred for the new features.
But look at it from an overall perspective, it doesn't feel so bad - atleast half of the existing owners would be ready to upgrade if given a choice.
Not me. I do feel jealous of the features you are getting in the new Vento. They are good to have. But I feel happy that I paid 70k less for not having these! The refresh rumours started right when I was going to get my car's delivery and I contemplated for a day on postponing my allotment. But of course, I could not have waited for two more months after the excruciatingly long three and a half months. Plus the double price rise.

Quote:
Well, I'm going to wait and watch. Forget the mud-flaps, that's one helluva pic! Is the the original pic or after PP?
It is PP'd. A little vignetting and a little color balance/temp here and there. But the car was actually there on that beautiful road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
There is no Corporate Discount for vento. (Frankly need to negotiate).
The Std Accessories for High line are
1. Mud Flaps
2. Parking Distance Control System
3. Side door protector with Vento lettering
4. Textile Mat - Biege
5. Door Step Premium (Dont ask what is premium about it)
6. Seat Covers Premium (I think this is art leather)
7. Trunk Spoiler
8. Tubeless Tyre Vulcanizing kit.
Being generous on the costs:

1. 500
2. Not required in the new Vento!
3. 500
4. 2000
5. 1500
6. 6000
7. 1500
8. 200(?)

Total: 11,900. And the dealer is charging you 25K?? He is taking you for a royal (read, premium) ride!!
Old 29th September 2011, 11:19   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

The rain god decided to bless the city of Pune with a few showers, after a week of sun. Thankfully was out of the office, so could take the lady out for a spin in the rain.

Later on in the night, we went for a midnight drive for a cup of coffee. And for a cup of coffee we had to travel from Aundh to Paud road - but who was complaining - the lady lapped up the empty roads of Pune in the night while we just glided through the streets.

Got a chance to capture a few shots of the girl

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-12am-6re.jpg

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-12am-2re.jpg

The Blue effect?
My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-12am-3re.jpg

Boy was that yummy coffee or what!
My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-12am-5re.jpg

P.s. Puneri junta - recognize the area(s) please, but no points for guessing the last one!
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 15:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Wow, lovely photos there Ninja!

No clue about the first pic.
The second pic is probably outside Pizza Hut near ITI Aundh.
The thrid is probably Bavdhan- Pashan link road.
The last one, obvisouly is Durga Cafe, Paud Rd.

Very nice effects put to use. How many clicks on the Odo now? Any more trips to Bombay ?
Old 29th September 2011, 16:44   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Wow, lovely photos there Ninja!

No clue about the first pic.
The second pic is probably outside Pizza Hut near ITI Aundh.
The thrid is probably Bavdhan- Pashan link road.
The last one, obvisouly is Durga Cafe, Paud Rd.

Very nice effects put to use. How many clicks on the Odo now? Any more trips to Bombay ?
Thanks!

As for the answers, 2nd & 4th are right - but the third one is completely wrong

Odometer has gone up to just a shy away from 900. Bombay ain't on the plan - but something is up in the works!
Old 29th September 2011, 19:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@durango Dude - thanks for the wishes.

I bought the Kagu mats, for 5k. Unfortunately the Star mats weren't available, plus the black color blew me away.

As of now I still haven't put up the sun films - I am not able to decide the color that would go with the blue color. IMO, a very light shade of blue or grey would be nice.

Opinions are invited on this matter. Friend suggests 3M RE50 - any feedback on that?

Funny incident - the other day I forgot where I had parked my car at office - saw a blue Vento and started admiring - it took around 2 seconds to realize it was my own.

Hey please go for a light grey, a bluish tint will ruin it, contrast my friend is the key !! Congrats on the Blue 'n' you !!

Have a great time with your new torque monster !!

Cheers
Old 29th September 2011, 19:20   #85
BHPian

Quote:
The rain god decided to bless the city of Pune with a few showers, after a week of sun. Thankfully was out of the office, so could take the lady out for a spin in the rain.

Later on in the night, we went for a midnight drive for a cup of coffee. And for a cup of coffee we had to travel from Aundh to Paud road - but who was complaining - the lady lapped up the empty roads of Pune in the night while we just glided through the streets.

Got a chance to capture a few shots of the girl
Hey, nice long exposure shots (aren't they?)! The blue lady has so many different hues for different times of the day/night.

I love long midnight drives. Just slot into fourth and let the car cruise through the streets!
Old 30th September 2011, 00:52   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey please go for a light grey, a bluish tint will ruin it, contrast my friend is the key !! Congrats on the Blue 'n' you !!

Have a great time with your new torque monster !!

Cheers
Yup grey seems to be the top pick - but as Nilesh mentioned, the blue color shows different hues (even dark green shades) so choosing a right color ain't that easy. Going to wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hey, nice long exposure shots (aren't they?)! The blue lady has so many different hues for different times of the day/night.

I love long midnight drives. Just slot into fourth and let the car cruise through the streets!
Yup. Was trying to get good shots of the car with different lights of the city - first one is white street-light, second orange head-lights of other cars, the third one is a blue neon light of a Bajaj showroom, and so on. Will be doing this again in the coming nights

The lady is going to visit the western ghats over the weekend - hopefully I'll be able to put up some good snaps of her during the day
Old 30th September 2011, 11:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Ninja congrats on your Blue Babe, looks very Classy.

Honestly I had never thought that VW Vento Blue looked so good, until yesterday, when a Brand new one was parked besides my Getzy.
Man...the Chevy's Grey and now the VW's Blue are really Growing on me like Cancer!!
Old 30th September 2011, 13:35   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

As for the answers, 2nd & 4th are right - but the third one is completely wrong

Odometer has gone up to just a shy away from 900. Bombay ain't on the plan - but something is up in the works!

Is the third one near Karve road flyover?
Thats 900 in how many days?
Old 30th September 2011, 13:57   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Is the third one near Karve road flyover?
Thats 900 in how many days?
Ok,
That one's not going to be easy - it's at Aundh opposite D Mart.

900 in 5 days. But I expect the daily usage to go down a bit - currently, any and every reason is being utilzed to take out the car for a drive
- Sabji kharidna hai, gaadi nikalo
- Dood lana hai, gaadi nikalo
- Bore ho rahe hai, kuch kaam nahi hai, gaadi nikalo
- Raat ko 12 baje coffee peena hai, gaadi nikalo
- Kutte ko walk pae le jana hai, gaadi nikalo

Ok, I made up the last one !
Old 30th September 2011, 14:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Ok,
That one's not going to be easy - it's at Aundh opposite D Mart.

900 in 5 days. But I expect the daily usage to go down a bit - currently, any and every reason is being utilzed to take out the car for a drive
- Sabji kharidna hai, gaadi nikalo
- Dood lana hai, gaadi nikalo
- Bore ho rahe hai, kuch kaam nahi hai, gaadi nikalo
- Raat ko 12 baje coffee peena hai, gaadi nikalo
- Kutte ko walk pae le jana hai, gaadi nikalo

Ok, I made up the last one !
D-Mart Aundh it is.
I can imagine the excitement with the new car and imagining every possible scenario to drive the car away from its parking spot. Good thing you have diesel vento and not petrol auto as with the kind of driving you are doing, you would have had to sell something for sure

Most Viewed