Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 11:27   #136
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Dot ji, I thought noops has a petrol Vento AT? Or you meant that he was driving someone else's Vento diesel when you got to ride? I am confused.
Lol - even I was first confused by his post, even though I was there

@ajay Noops was TDing my car - and I guess @dot was riding shotgun.

@dot - you didn't try out the car?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sorry for spilling the beans here, @Mikon but couldnt resist. The mighty "one", would be the Yamaha R1. Mikon may be going in for that too.
Sweet!!!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 10th October 2011 at 11:33.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 11:31   #137
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 438
Thanked: 386 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sorry for spilling the beans here, @Mikon but couldnt resist. The mighty "one", would be the Yamaha R1. Mikon may be going in for that too.

For headlights, try and get in touch with @naveen.raju. His Vento has amazing headlamps. I believe its those smoked/angel eyes ones.

EDIT: Here's the linky to his thread .
You're right sirji !!!!
I guess naveen hasn't yet done it on his own vento. he has given examples and the address of the vendor. I'm yet to see it on someone's vento.
mikon is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 11:39   #138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
You're right sirji !!!!
I guess naveen hasn't yet done it on his own vento. he has given examples and the address of the vendor. I'm yet to see it on someone's vento.
I was under the impression you were just looking at headlight bulb change. The smoked set would look awesome on the Mamba .

Btw you could check out Rahul Enterprises too - he had a entire rack on car bulbs & headlights; plus he had good clarity on the VW warranty issues (wire cutting, etc) when I was discussing ICE upgrades with him.
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 12:06   #139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,192
Thanked: 12,597 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@ajay Noops was TDing my car - and I guess @dot was riding shotgun.

@dot - you didn't try out the car?
I didn't let him

Actually I was raring for a much longer ride but dot and his blasted conscience...he made me take a quick spin round the block, top speed of about 60 and back where you guys were waiting.

I have not driven diesels much, so the turbo lag in 1st and 2nd is kinda annoying, but once above 2000 rpm it's a dream!

And yeah- that colour is to die for!

BTW, did you ever figure out the mystery of the bigger wheel well?
noopster is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 12:22   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I didn't let him

Actually I was raring for a much longer ride but dot and his blasted conscience...he made me take a quick spin round the block, top speed of about 60 and back where you guys were waiting.

I have not driven diesels much, so the turbo lag in 1st and 2nd is kinda annoying, but once above 2000 rpm it's a dream!

And yeah- that colour is to die for!

BTW, did you ever figure out the mystery of the bigger wheel well?
Well until the next meet, you can wait I guess. Or if you could make a trip to DLF @Phase 3. The empty stretch from DLF to Megapolis is a nice spot to touch 3 digit figures

As for the bigger wheel well, no idea - but I can see that @prabhuferrari's Vento too has more space - so maybe it is due to the different suspension settings in the new Vento.
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 12:28   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 590
Thanked: 288 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Well until the next meet, you can wait I guess. Or if you could make a trip to DLF @Phase 3. The empty stretch from DLF to Megapolis is a nice spot to touch 3 digit figures

As for the bigger wheel well, no idea - but I can see that @prabhuferrari's Vento too has more space - so maybe it is due to the different suspension settings in the new Vento.
Or is it because VW wants us to have a tyre pressure of 46 to 56 PSI and bounce over the roads :P ?
prabhuferrari is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 21:33   #142
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 730 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Dot ji, I thought noops has a petrol Vento AT? Or you meant that he was driving someone else's Vento diesel when you got to ride? I am confused.
It went like this: Noopster decided to TD the Shadow Blue TDi. NT graciously and helpfully obliged. I promptly hopped into the passenger seat and was adequately rewarded.
dot is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 19:21   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 367 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Attached herewith for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^ @Bala - that would be quite useful. Please do that whenever you get the time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf autoformecatalogue.pdf (1.13 MB, 520 views)
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 21:24   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 440 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Ninja , how many more KMs to the first service ? I thought you were targetting yours within the first couple of months
BTW, I am in Pune for a few hours tomorrow - will keep an eye for your car on the roads
souravc is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 00:19   #145
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Ninja , how many more KMs to the first service ? I thought you were targetting yours within the first couple of months
BTW, I am in Pune for a few hours tomorrow - will keep an eye for your car on the roads
This week's been quite busy on the job - so haven't traveled much - around 1650-1700kms on the odometer I guess. Also the same reason the thread's been all quiet, allthough have been upto a lot!

A few minor updates
  • Solar film - 3M RE50 on the sides & back; CR 70 on the front
  • TDed a i20, Liva, Etios, Fiesta & Swift Dzire for a friend's purchase
  • Passed the 150 kmph mark finally

What areas would you be passing by in Pune?
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 01:14   #146
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Met up with a friend who got his black Vento from Mumbai for a short while.

This is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they are all cleaned up & gleaming in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Name:  IMG_0231.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  331.9 KB
And this is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they need a good wash
My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_4018.jpg

P.s. Fellow Vento owners don't beat me up - the lady is going to get a good wash first thing tomorrow morning

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th October 2011 at 01:18.
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 04:14   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 590
Thanked: 288 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

This week's been quite busy on the job - so haven't traveled much - around 1650-1700kms on the odometer I guess. Also the same reason the thread's been all quiet, allthough have been upto a lot!

A few minor updates
[*]Solar film - 3M RE50 on the sides & back; CR 70 on the front[*]TDed a i20, Liva, Etios, Fiesta & Swift Dzire for a friend's purchase[*]Passed the 150 kmph mark finally


What areas would you be passing by in Pune?
Hey. Am going for sun film today. Is RE50 very reflective like the mirror type? How much does it cost? I might go for the CS50 one.
prabhuferrari is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 07:14   #148
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 13,462 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hey. Am going for sun film today. Is RE50 very reflective like the mirror type? How much does it cost? I might go for the CS50 one.
No I guess. In fact it has reduced if not gone completely, but I need to check it.

Costs:
RE50 : 4500 (side and back)
CR70 : 6500 (front)

This is generally the accepted combo used by most people. CR on all windows might go to 14-16k I guess. (Assuming you meant CR series, haven't heard of CS series)

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th October 2011 at 07:27.
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 08:05   #149
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 797
Thanked: 473 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Met up with a friend who got his black Vento from Mumbai for a short while.

This is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they are all cleaned up & gleaming in the sun


And this is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they need a good wash
Attachment 828131
It seems the blue and its friends are out on the prowl mainly at nights! Nice shot and angle.
nileshch is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 11:46   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,051
Thanked: 3,252 Times
re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Met up with a friend who got his black Vento from Mumbai for a short while.

This is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they are all cleaned up & gleaming in the sun


And this is how a blue & black Vento(s) look when they need a good wash
Woah ninjatalli, the DEADLY DIESEL DUO look, well, DEADLY !!


Just when I was wondering if a Black Vento or the Blue one would look better, you posted a pic that gave me the third option.....BOTH !!
Vik0728 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks