Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 16:15   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ninja, where are the pics that you did mention about?
Whats been done about that scratch?
Even I second it. Where the pics of the job done before and after?

Quote:
And Kashid now? Wow man, what do you feed your manager, to grant so many leaves? .
Seriously, Ninja seems to have a very good manager granting so many leaves. Niranjan let me know the secret too, as I too would be joining IT in few years down the line.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:06   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja, where are the pics that you did mention about?
Whats been done about that scratch?

And Kashid now? Wow man, what do you feed your manager, to grant so many leaves? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even I second it. Where the pics of the job done before and after?

Seriously, Ninja seems to have a very good manager granting so many leaves. Niranjan let me know the secret too, as I too would be joining IT in few years down the line.
Yikes! Missed out on these posts.

As for the leaves, it's careful planning Most of the trips have been on weekends or on long weekends without taking any leaves, for e.g. the Kashid trip - friday night to Sunday evening. In fact the Thai trip was the only one in which I used a few of my leaves. Still got a good number, so another one might be up in the coming months!

As for the scratch pics, yup the work's been done quite satisfactorily. In fact since this was the same door that got repainted again (earlier dent was during the F1 trip), they even redid the rear back side (which was also re-painted earlier) and the door completely so that no mismatch occurs.

Will put up a post & pictures later with costs & other inputs.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:26   #333
Senior - BHPian

Did you get Angel Eyes installed too?
A pic of the same is required then!
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:38   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get Angel Eyes installed too?
A pic of the same is required then!
Ditto! With some (read: a LOT!) of help from fellow Tbhpian @keyur, the lady has been given a new pair of eye-wear!
Pictures and details later! As of now, PFA a glimpse at the car.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-tbhp1.jpg
The Great Eye of Sauron the Terrible - one that only a few on Middle-earth could endure!

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-tbhp2.jpg
Now that's one creepy ride!
ninjatalli is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:01   #335
BHPian

Super Awesome!!
The lady looks E.V.I.L. Details Please?

I've put the idea of angel lights on hold for the time-being.
When is the meet, the night-meet ?
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:32   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Great Eye of Sauron the Terrible - one that only a few on Middle-earth could endure!

Now that's one creepy ride!
Wow ! Awesome ! Nice set of menacing eyes Ninja .. are those lenses the Chinese ones ? How much do they cost ?
Hope you are not planning to smoke those lenses
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:02   #337
BHPian

Quote:
As of now, PFA a glimpse at the car.
Awesome!! Looks superb!! Please don't tease us with these pics! We want more!!
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:13   #338
BHPian

Ah so that's what you have been up to. Sparking angel eyes for your lady eh. Very very nice. Now will eagerly wait for the details of the same including the pinch on the pockets

Must say the Vento does look awesome with projectors. Its competing hard to be on the top of my next upgrade list along with a better ICE. The ICE in the old version is just godawful.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:02   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Ah so that's what you have been up to. Sparking angel eyes for your lady eh. Very very nice. Now will eagerly wait for the details of the same including the pinch on the pockets

Must say the Vento does look awesome with projectors. Its competing hard to be on the top of my next upgrade list along with a better ICE. The ICE in the old version is just godawful.
Details in a day or two at max.

As for the ICE, somehow I am quite satisfied with it. Guess I'm the odd-one out here, as @Bala, @nilesh & a few others have already gone for the upgrade!

Attaching one more image of the headlight taken with a shoot&focus camera as the previous post was deleted by a mod.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-tbhp3.jpg

Btw any Pune Tbhpian is interested to meet up tonight, do pm me. Close to five-six odd of us are planning to have a mini-photo-shoot-meet. I do wish if people would read between the posts more carefully. So far three Ventos, one Punto, one Optra, one Civic & a Brio is confirmed! And one Superb/Laura pending for confirmation!

Will be putting up a few more images & meet-up details later.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 5th April 2012 at 18:03.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 17:23   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

And so we did have that mini-night meet! From an initial plan of two guys catching up, finally the total count reached over 10 guys, with the attendance being two Ventos, one T-Fort, one Civic, one Safari and a Punto!

While a lot was discussed, which I'm sure the others will chip in later, I'll just put up a few shots of the meet. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of images this time, so you guys will have to be satisfied with these.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_0510.jpg
The beautiful road where we decided to have our stop-over

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_0496_tbhp.jpg
The photographer(s) in action

And a few snaps of some of the beautiful cars that I could capture
My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_0524-tbhp3.jpg

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_0528.jpg

P.s. Height of all aspects - I couldn't get one good image of my lady!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th April 2012 at 17:39.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 22:58   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

A query to all ye Vento tdi owners - with my first servicing coming up in this week, I'm planning to put up this query with the workshop guys.

Problem Statement : My mileage has been steadily going down.

On the outright FE isn't really my top concern. Also if left to myself, I would simply dismiss this query considering my driving situations haven't been really the best considering nowdays the car is mostly being used in the city. However I wonder if there might be some other inherent problem too (filter issues/etc).

PFA the back-end calculations that I did for my car - please note I have assumed 17 kmph for the initial 9,500 kms as I did not have any data for this period. A fair assumption, considering this is what I observed (min) during the initial few months.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-mileage.jpg

As seen above, the mileage is going down steadily. Would like your inputs please.

P.s. If any of you guys need the calculations, do tell.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th April 2012 at 23:04.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 23:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't get one good image of my lady![/i]
Man, you are keeping us all at the edge of our seats for a good photo of your car and the angel eyes!!

Quote:
A query to all ye Vento tdi owners - with my first servicing coming up in this week, I'm planning to put up this query with the workshop guys.

However I wonder if there might be some other inherent problem too (filter issues/etc).

Ninja, I had a long trip just before my first service (starting at 13.2k odo) and I managed to pull out 20kmpl out of the first 500 kms. So the car is still capable. What has changed in my case is my driving style, simply because of the fun loving free revving TDI engine. In your case, I noticed that these are really minor FE drops over such large distances. If anything, the filter change (and I am guessing engine oil replacement) should take care of this. Though, I'd like to say I have not driven much after the service to tell surely if changing the fuel filter has made a difference.
Old 8th April 2012, 00:22   #343
Senior - BHPian

You guys are having fun in Pune with short notice meets. We Mumbai bhpians have the least number of meets, damn.

Quote:
Ninja with the change of fuel filter, engine oil, air filter and update to ECU through VAS machine would definitely improve the mileage for sure. I'm getting 16.5 Kmpl with mixed driving style with 100% AC in city driving. I keep tyre air pressure 33 front and 35 rear filled with nitrogen. Air pressure plays a important role.
Sometimes enjoying 250NM torque comes at the cost of kmpl.
Old 8th April 2012, 18:35   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Man, you are keeping us all at the edge of our seats for a good photo of your car and the angel eyes!!
Well, it's not that I don't have pictures of the angel eyes, just that I don't have good ones. Well, here are a few *average* pictures of the same. Hopefully I'll be able to put up some better pictures of the lady soon! Click on the images to enlarge.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-effect-empty-ground.jpg
Right side image is on full beam - even the building on the right is now visible (not visible in the pictures that clearly)

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-effect-road.jpg
The difference between low & high beam is more clearly seen - Left image on low beam / Right image on high beam

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-farside-view.jpg
A front view look at the headlights at extremely low shutter speed - Left image only parking lights / Right image with headlights on

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-closer-look-projector.jpg
A closer look at the at the projectors - Left image is with only parking lights on / Right image is with headlights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You guys are having fun in Pune with short notice meets. We Mumbai bhpians have the least number of meets, damn.
Advantages of a smaller city and like-minded people I guess. It doesn't take more than a few phone calls for us to meet-up nowdays!
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 19:08   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's not that I don't have pictures of the angel eyes, just that I don't have good ones.
Thanks for the pics.
We are waiting for DIY info and how much it costs.
I'm interested to see how it will suit in Shadow Blue, Since we both have same color.

Please post some day time front view pics also.

Most Viewed