Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 16:07   #181
BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Also, I did the 190kmph only for a min - except for the initial stretch between Surat & Ahmedabad, the speed limit was strictly maintained at 130 kmph. Reasons for the same will be given in the travelogue.
Excellent pictures photographer! Looking forward to it.
The speed attained is yummy. I did 180 in the expressway!
I'll reserve my replies to your detailed TL.
Your's TL and Noop's Bangalore TL would come in handy for my future roadtrip!
Old 6th November 2011, 02:15   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent pictures photographer! Looking forward to it.
The speed attained is yummy. I did 180 in the expressway!
I'll reserve my replies to your detailed TL.
Your's TL and Noop's Bangalore TL would come in handy for my future roadtrip!
And finally the thread is up (atleast the initial set of posts ), will be updating them as and when I get the free time (read: tomorrow). Have asked the mods to shift it from the assembly, hope its visible to you guys!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 09:31   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Have asked the mods to shift it from the assembly, hope its visible to you guys!
No, its not visible in Assembly Line. I do not have permission.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:38   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
No, its not visible in Assembly Line. I do not have permission.
Well I have sent 3-4 messages to the mods for shifting the thread over the weekend - hopefully one of them would notice and move the thread.
Old 7th November 2011, 13:16   #185
Team-BHP Support

Ninja,

How is the clutch? Do you get that small vibration at the clutch biting point?

Quote:
Well I have sent 3-4 messages to the mods for shifting the thread over the weekend - hopefully one of them would notice and move the thread.
Done I moved it to travelogues.
Old 7th November 2011, 13:26   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful pics, Ninja. Loved the one of the haunting Noor Mahal at midnight!

And thanks for the tip of seatbelt fastening while getting a nap in the backseat LOL!

Going over to your travelogue right now to check it out.

EDIT - The initial pics look delicious and yummy!

Yikes, that dent looks ugly. Sorry to hear, bud. Turned a bit too close to another parked vehicle or something?

Waiting for you to finish the travelogue. Will come back later to complete it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th November 2011 at 13:35.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:24   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ninja,

How is the clutch? Do you get that small vibration at the clutch biting point?
The clutch is hard! Don't really find it an issue when driving the Vento (except in B2B traffic), but I have a friend's i20 (petrol) with me for a while plus I get to drive a Punto (diesel) now and then; the difference in clutch (experience) is huge.
As for the vibration(s), haven't really experienced anything of that sort. But the issue mentioned by Ricky might/could be there in my car - I have to try out another Vento to figure out the same.

Quote:
Done I moved it to travelogues.
Saw your post about moving it back to the assembly line. Well, the reason I wanted it to be moved was because I might not have time to put down all the posts for a while. My original plan was to finish it during the weekend, and yet here I am, still on day 2, with 5 more days to go.

But your point is valid, let me try to finish it during this week.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:00   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Wonderful pics, Ninja. Loved the one of the haunting Noor Mahal at midnight!

And thanks for the tip of seatbelt fastening while getting a nap in the backseat LOL!

Going over to your travelogue right now to check it out.

EDIT - The initial pics look delicious and yummy!

Yikes, that dent looks ugly. Sorry to hear, bud. Turned a bit too close to another parked vehicle or something?

Waiting for you to finish the travelogue. Will come back later to complete it.
Thanks. Honestly speaking I feel I didn't take too many pics - I was so much enjoying driving the car on the highway. Also, initially we had planned on stopping & doing a bit of sight-seeing in Rajasthan, but that was forgotten too.

As for the in reality, the dent doesn't look so bad unless one looks for it. Anyway the car has been sent to the workshop, and most of it has been repaired; I should be getting it by tomorrow.

Hopefully, the entire thread (or most of it) should be done by this weekend.

Update : We enjoyed driving the car so much on the GQ, that we had to do it again. And probably we might - got to attend an friend's engagement in Ahmedabad later this month. Have booked bus tickets for the same, but now we are thinking - why not the road? It'll probably take us less time & it'll be cheaper too!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th November 2011 at 15:01.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 15:10   #189
BHPian

Quote:
And finally the thread is up (atleast the initial set of posts ), will be updating them as and when I get the free time (read: tomorrow). Have asked the mods to shift it from the assembly, hope its visible to you guys!
Hey, nice teaser for the TL. Just the need to get the popcorn to start reading it .

But for some reason, I am not able to access the thread. Is it still in the Assembly line?

Quote:
We enjoyed driving the car so much on the GQ, that we had to do it again. And probably we might - got to attend an friend's engagement in Ahmedabad later this month.
Awesome! Just like how my Bangalore-Mumbai trips have become standard now. I have another one planned in December

Last edited by nileshch : 7th November 2011 at 15:11.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:28   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hey, nice teaser for the TL. Just the need to get the popcorn to start reading it .

But for some reason, I am not able to access the thread. Is it still in the Assembly line?
Yes, It was online for a short while, but now back to the assembly line. Thankfully don't have much work at office, so its Tbhp-ing from office! Hopefully I should get the rest of the posts done in this week

Quote:
Awesome! Just like how my Bangalore-Mumbai trips have become standard now. I have another one planned in December
Exactly! But the Bglr-Mum route is beautiful; my only grouse on the Mum-Ahd route is that its too bland But we might do one side in the night, so that makes up the excitement part!
Old 7th November 2011, 15:32   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, It was online for a short while, but now back to the assembly line. Thankfully don't have much work at office, so its Tbhp-ing from office! Hopefully I should get the rest of the posts done in this week

Exactly! But the Bglr-Mum route is beautiful; my only grouse on the Mum-Ahd route is that its too bland But we might do one side in the night, so that makes up the excitement part!
I tried to access your travelogue when it got shifted to assembly
BTW , with all these travel of yours , noops and nilesh - I have also decided to break loose . Starting off with a 500 km (total) trip to shirdi this week , then a Mumbai-Goa- Mumbai between the 25th - 27th Nov . We have one offsite planned , everyone else is flying and most think that I have lost my mind to drive . Cannot let go the chance of a NH4 cruise
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 15:42   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I tried to access your travelogue when it got shifted to assembly
BTW , with all these travel of yours , noops and nilesh - I have also decided to break loose . Starting off with a 500 km (total) trip to shirdi this week , then a Mumbai-Goa- Mumbai between the 25th - 27th Nov . We have one offsite planned , everyone else is flying and most think that I have lost my mind to drive . Cannot let go the chance of a NH4 cruise
Hogwash!
Don't try to put the blame on me, Noops or Nilesh - it's the new tires, innit?

Jokes apart, Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai : Please do one side on NH17. It's 100% worth it, even if parts of the highway are undergoing any widening or repairs.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:53   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Sourav, while going to Goa take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway rather than taking the old Goa road through Karnala Bird Sanctuary. At Khopoli you could either continue on the expressway or take the Pen bypass and get onto NH17.
Previous week had gone too Kashid for a drive with family through the old Goa road. It was one heck of a driving experience, so much traffic and ongoing work and while returning it once seemed am I going to reach Vashi the same day with the amount of traffic jam that was there. A total of 250 kms covered that day.
So preferably use the Mumbai-Pune expressway that the silly old Goa road. Do post the travelogue of your Mumbai-Goa.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:59   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hogwash!
Don't try to put the blame on me, Noops or Nilesh - it's the new tires, innit?

Jokes apart, Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai : Please do one side on NH17. It's 100% worth it, even if parts of the highway are undergoing any widening or repairs.
haha , it surely feels great to be able to hear the car and the engine note rather than the tyre noise. I can assure you that the drive plan is because of all you guys showing off , I would have done it even with the worn out Apollos .
NH17 actually is much more scenic , have done the route 4-5 times. With road repairs it becomes torrid not only because of slow traffic but also because of loose tar flying around which sticks to the paint . The last time I did it in May 2011 , I had to get the car undergo an expensive polish . NH4 scenery is bit boring like your GQ
Old 8th November 2011, 14:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

Ninja, what have you done about the dent? Have you gotten rid of it? And if so, how?
My Laura has developed a similar scratch, though not that large. Its just a fine line, but you know how they hurt!

Sourav: You've changed the tyres already? Sorry, seemed to have missed that. What did you go in for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks