Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 19:06   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ouch, sorry but that's a dent and not just a deep scratch. The reflections show that.
Well then it ain't the first one. And ironically on the same door that was re-done earlier.

I'm curious here (at the risk of sounding like a noobie) - wouldn't dent classify as something where the body shape also needs re-work too? I did check up with one workshop, he mentioned the whole door has to be worked on & re-painted. So would a scratch be classified as something that can be touched upon with paint & the job is done?
Old 28th December 2011, 20:23   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Well then it ain't the first one. And ironically on the same door that was re-done earlier.

I'm curious here (at the risk of sounding like a noobie) - wouldn't dent classify as something where the body shape also needs re-work too? I did check up with one workshop, he mentioned the whole door has to be worked on & re-painted. So would a scratch be classified as something that can be touched upon with paint & the job is done?
In a scratch only the paint comes off with no damage to the sheet metal. Example taking a sharp metal object like key or blade and running it against the door (Oh the horror of even describing this).

A dent when the sheet metal is itself deformed, example when a metal gate whacks your car door or when a 2 wheeler looses balance and his handle bar creates a neat ding on the panel or when driver drops the bucket of water while washing the car and with the worst possible luck the metal handle of the bucket goes and whacks the door. (I have goosebumps now describing these atrocities).
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 19:46   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Kindly go through the below post with a pinch of salt

My tryst with Team BHP and my purchase of the Vento has been a kind of catalyst among my colleagues. Prior to my Vento purchase and the immensely long waiting period of 4 months, the only cars that had been considered and bought (by my colleagues) were an i20 and Fabia, both over a year ago.

One fellow did have a thought on the petrol Vento when it was launched but decided to go along with the Fabia. After all, the thought process is quite simple - why go for a sedan when the hatchback is cheaper and almost provides the same benefits.

Hence the absence of any (new) sedan owners in a team of 30+.

So it seemed.

Apparently not.

Circa September 2011. My Vento gets delivered. The question is but asked.

Why not a hatchback, why a sedan. I smile.

Silence does have its effect, it seems.

Circa October 2011.

Two Honda City(s) get purchased. A Fiesta Classic gets purchased. Another one keeps on oscillating between various hatchbacks and sedans but finally goes for the i20.

An Indica owner is tempted to go for his dream vehicle, Tata Safari, but wisely decides to listen to his better half on saving his money for a rainy day.

Two more fellows are already doing TD rounds. The highly VFM Rapid is on everybody's mind.

And so it goes.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 29th December 2011 at 20:12.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:49   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

The Delhi travelogue's gone a bit cold, no?

Well it was time since I put up another travelogue. Unfortunately this time, the blue lady couldn't take me to the place I wanted to go.

Aww shucks, you can't have your cake and eat it too, can ya!

Watch this space!
Interesting things going to happen in the coming week!
Old 8th January 2012, 00:10   #260
Senior - BHPian

Ninja really missed out your detailing post. You have done a fab job that too with Formula1 wax. Use Collinite 915 wax and you will be awestruck with the finish you will get.

The scratch you have got can we worked. The white primer will remain as it is, but the rest can made almost invisible by using Formula1 Scratch out or Meguiars SwirlX. Few of the scratches which were previously visible were taken care with SwirlX and not visible until you pay really close look to it.
Old 8th January 2012, 01:24   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Ninja really missed out your detailing post. You have done a fab job that too with Formula1 wax. Use Collinite 915 wax and you will be awestruck with the finish you will get.

The scratch you have got can we worked. The white primer will remain as it is, but the rest can made almost invisible by using Formula1 Scratch out or Meguiars SwirlX. Few of the scratches which were previously visible were taken care with SwirlX and not visible until you pay really close look to it.
Thanks! As for the scratch, I don't think it'll be resolved with SwirlX or Scratch Out - one end (of the scratch) is really deep - I can see the inner color as well as a spot of the bone metal.
Old 8th January 2012, 10:02   #262
BHPian

Quote:
[list][*]A good wash. Felt it was very important to get the dirt & dust off the body. Finished it off by drying off the water completely off the car.[*]Park her in the shade. As to what I read online, waxing in the hot sun is not a good idea. If possible, do it early morning when the sun is not out completely and your car washer has just given her the daily wash.[*]Start applying the polish with a clean rag (in my case the sponge that came with the wax). More than the wax, what is important is how you are applying the wax. Do it with a circular motion and make sure you get a fine coat all over the body. However take care to NOT apply wax over the plastic parts.[*]Give it a few minutes, and then take a clean micro fibre cloth and start polishing the car. Ideally the longer you do the better is for the car, however I did just one round of polishing.
Ninja for the -good wash part - how do you go about it? You use the Jopasu to dust her & then spray water from a hose or just throw some over the car? Then the drying is done with a micro fibre clothe before the waxing? I only got one micro fibre cloth so was wondering how i'll do the drying & waxing with the same.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:20   #263
BHPian

Hey, missed your detailing post. Nice that you are taking care right from the start. My over enthusiastic cleaner has done wonderful scratch designs while I sleep in my bed every morning. So just today, I had the car undergo a detailing session and the results are simply great. Will share that in a post.

But what is the interesting thing? Another cross country road trip??
Old 9th January 2012, 00:51   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Ninja for the -good wash part - how do you go about it? You use the Jopasu to dust her & then spray water from a hose or just throw some over the car? Then the drying is done with a micro fibre clothe before the waxing? I only got one micro fibre cloth so was wondering how i'll do the drying & waxing with the same.
Before I start with the washing, I generally dust the car with the Jopasu duster - this takes care of the loose dust off the car. Post then I give it a spray of water if its been too long since the previous wash. Otherwise generally I just start it off with a shampoo wash and then a spray of clean water and dry it off with a micro fibre cloth.

Let it dry off completely and then only start with the waxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hey, missed your detailing post. Nice that you are taking care right from the start. My over enthusiastic cleaner has done wonderful scratch designs while I sleep in my bed every morning. So just today, I had the car undergo a detailing session and the results are simply great. Will share that in a post.

But what is the interesting thing? Another cross country road trip??
(A)cross country trip. This post is coming from the land of ! Thread to be put up soon.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 13:08   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

*beep beep*

Finally a highway date with the lady on the cards.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-pune-shrirampur-nashik-pune.jpg

A trip to the sleepy town of Shrirampur (to attend to a wedding) clubbed with a trip to Sula wines! Yay!

And this time we'll have an SLR for company! Double yay!
Old 20th January 2012, 13:40   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally a highway date with the lady on the cards.

A trip to the sleepy town of Shrirampur (to attend to a wedding) clubbed with a trip to Sula wines! Yay!

And this time we'll have an SLR for company! Double yay!
Are you going to Bhandardara too? I loved the drive there from Nashik. I think there is also a meet planned there on the 28th. Not sure if you are planning for the same date.

Edit: Thank heavens for the SLR!

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th January 2012 at 13:41.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:41   #267
BHPian

That looks like an awesome trip Ninja. Post your experiance of the overall drive and how the car handled the relatively bad patches on some roads.
So, whats the km reading now? Crossed the 10k mark or not?

My car had some rattles, but its all good. Nothing to worry about.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:57   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey is this for Sulafest? That should make for an amazing travelogue! Do post high-res pics

Edit: @selfdrive: It's on 4th and 5th Feb.

Last edited by noopster : 20th January 2012 at 15:07.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:04   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey is this for Sulafest? That should make for an amazing travelogue! Do post high-res pics
really? Ninja, how many seats are booked in ze Vento?!
What are ze dates?
Old 20th January 2012, 15:25   #270
BHPian

Sula feat is quite nice and entertaining. Are you planning to drive there ninja? Maybe we all can plan if I am not travelling some other godforsaken place!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks