Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 13:25   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Santa & Banta do a PJ on me!

So Santa came early this year for me.

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-img_20121027_164350.jpg

But I don't seem to be happy - I seem to have become an addict. Of Androidism, it seems. All over the weekend, all I could do is crib about the OS (in comparison to Android).

Well, anyway, this is not going to stay with me for over a week, so anyway. Sour grapes

P.s. I do not own the phone. Just a caretaker for a week
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 15:14   #452
Senior - BHPian

re: My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!

What is the ODO reading now ? What is the FE in city ? What is the reason for frequent punctures ?
Old 11th November 2012, 15:24   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

November Rain!

Well it ain't raining water, but the marriages are sure doing the job!

Been long since any trip plans were made, so the yearning was pretty high. And apparently Oct - Dec seems to be the wedding season, and well, the damage was applicable to me too! You don't think so? Let me illustrate
  • Oct 1st week - Srinagar - Visited
  • Oct 2nd week - Mysore - Missed
  • Oct 3rd week - Bombay - Missed
  • Nov 4th week - Badami (KA) - Planned
  • Nov 5th week - Ahmedabad - Planned
  • Nov 4th week - Rajkot - (To be) missed
  • Nov 4th week - Kannur - (To be) missed
  • Dec 1st week - Delhi - (To be) missed
  • Dec 4th week - Cochin - Planned

And these are weddings for which I have been cajoled, threatened, ordered to attend on a one-to-one basis! The ones that have been mass-mailed to everyone; I'm not even listing up there

So a few drives had to come up, didn't they! And they are, indeed (thankfully!

23rd November : Pune - Badami - Pune
Distance : 460 kms (one side)

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-pune-badami-trip.jpg

28th November : Pune - Bharuch - Ahmedabad - Pune
Distance : 660 kms (one side)

My Shadow Blue VW Vento TDI. EDIT: SOLD after 8 years, 80000+ km!-pune-bharuch-ahmedabad.jpg

Now if only I could get holidays for the Cochin wedding, wouldn't it be swell! But if I do that, I'm pretty sure the conversation with my boss would be something like this

Me - Hey boss, just wanted to let you know I'll be taking a few more days off in Dec end, around Christmas.
Boss - Hmmm. Why?
Me - Just to attend a wedding boss. Very close friend. Blah blah Cochin blah blah Drive blah blah.
Boss - Ok fine.
Me - Hey thanks boss.
Boss - Also one more thing.
Me - Yea boss?
Boss - Don't come back. I'll get a replacement for you who spends atleast some time in office!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th November 2012 at 15:27.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 11:08   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What is the ODO reading now ? What is the FE in city ? What is the reason for frequent punctures ?
Odo is just a bit below 27k kms. FE ranges around 15-16 for city drives. There was only one puncture incident; I believe I was scammed by the puncture guy - the result of which is one of the tire has no chance of any future usage.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:36   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

Odo is just a bit below 27k kms. FE ranges around 15-16 for city drives. There was only one puncture incident; I believe I was scammed by the puncture guy - the result of which is one of the tire has no chance of any future usage.
So are you gonna replace only 1 tyre ?
You are on stock Apollo s I guess. How is the tread depth on the other four tyres ?
Would like to see few pics on the tyre condition.
My swift runs on bridgestone turanza er 60s and odo at 27.1k.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:29   #456
Senior - BHPian

Re: November Rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
28th November : Pune - Bharuch - Ahmedabad - Pune
Distance : 660 kms (one side)

Attachment 1013106
Great going Ninja. Seems you are trying to compete with Mikon.

While going through Bharuch, go via the old NH8 i.e. Narrow Narmada Bridge which saves you from the traffic jam on NH8.

GMap.

Quote:
Now if only I could get holidays for the Cochin wedding, wouldn't it be swell! But if I do that, I'm pretty sure the conversation with my boss would be something like this

Me - Hey boss, just wanted to let you know I'll be taking a few more days off in Dec end, around Christmas.
Boss - Hmmm. Why?
Me - Just to attend a wedding boss. Very close friend. Blah blah Cochin blah blah Drive blah blah.
Boss - Ok fine.
Me - Hey thanks boss.
Boss - Also one more thing.
Me - Yea boss?
Boss - Don't come back. I'll get a replacement for you who spends atleast some time in office!
Old 12th November 2012, 15:19   #457
Senior - BHPian

Between or after which of these drives do you intend to change the tyres? Can you please include me whenever you guys haggle for a group discount? The group is growing

Quote:
Now I know we work in the same organisation! Earlier it was just too good to be true. But I would be happier if my boss learnt from yours than the other way around

Quote:
So Santa came early this year for me.
Did your ownership threads get merged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Great going Ninja. Seems you are trying to compete with Mikon.
I say give them both petrol cars and then ask them to compete. That would be fun! I am willing to lend one to each.
Old 12th November 2012, 20:08   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So are you gonna replace only 1 tyre ?
You are on stock Apollo s I guess. How is the tread depth on the other four tyres ?
Would like to see few pics on the tyre condition.
My swift runs on bridgestone turanza er 60s and odo at 27.1k.
All 5 tires. A premature reaction considering the still decent tread condition of the rest of the tires, but all for the best.

Too much effort required in getting pics and all; feel free to drop down to SB road to have a look. The car is stationed there 5-6 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
While going through Bharuch, go via the old NH8 i.e. Narrow Narmada Bridge which saves you from the traffic jam on NH8.
You do realize that I have done this route thrice in the past (twice on cars, once on a bike), and also I am from that part of the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Between or after which of these drives do you intend to change the tyres? Can you please include me whenever you guys haggle for a group discount? The group is growing
Awesome. This will happen the coming week, will keep you in loop.

Quote:
Now I know we work in the same organisation! Earlier it was just too good to be true. But I would be happier if my boss learnt from yours than the other way around
lol - actually as a part of the previous team (Hinjewadi office), this would have been possible. Ironically I have the leaves (vacation leaves available), just that the office situation doesn't warrant such frequent holidays.

Quote:
Did your ownership threads get merged?
eh?

Quote:
I say give them both petrol cars and then ask them to compete. That would be fun! I am willing to lend one to each.
I call dibs for the Jazz
Old 12th November 2012, 21:57   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You do realize that I have done this route thrice in the past (twice on cars, once on a bike), and also I am from that part of the country
Recently had read quite a few travelogues which detailed about this very patch, so though of suggesting you. I did remember you had gone to Delhi for F1, so you might be aware, but still a positive advise doesn't hurt.

Do stop by if possible during onward or return, if you do, do get a Jopasu duster for me as well.
Old 13th November 2012, 00:51   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

Too much effort required in getting pics and all; feel free to drop down to SB road to have a look. The car is stationed there 5-6 days a week.
Appreciate your response. Thank you for responding.

Neither am I so free to drop by to SB road to check your tyres.

I hope you too will get a good deal on your tires like noop did.

Fixed on Yokos or any plans to get Michelin ?

Last edited by F150 : 13th November 2012 at 00:57.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:52   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you too will get a good deal on your tires like noop did.

Fixed on Yokos or any plans to get Michelin ?
Actually, noop didnt really get a deal per se.
The tyres cost ~5k a piece. Give or take a couple of hundred's.

I'd say avoid the Michelins. At least the LC's. They have a softer sidewall. Given the amount of kms Ninja clocks, its better to get some performace tyres.
Old 14th November 2012, 13:29   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

I'd say avoid the Michelins. At least the LC's. They have a softer sidewall. Given the amount of kms Ninja clocks, its better to get some performace tyres.
5K sounded reasonable to me. 185/70/R14 for the SWIFT, we checked Turanza ER 60 and Michelin XM2, we were qouted Rs 4350.

I thought 5K for a 195/60/R15 was a good deal.

If sidewall is a concern, I will shamelessly bat for Turanza ER 60, this is a old pattern but I haven't had any issues in the 27K kms that I drove. Especially the dreaded craters on the homanabad section on the NH9. Grip is pretty good.

When we say performance tyres, are we referring to something in the range of ADVAN Neovas as you already ruled out Primacy LCs?

A drives are also pretty decent as per Noop, he has them on his swift. But these aren't performance tyres.
Old 14th November 2012, 13:56   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your response. Thank you for responding.

Neither am I so free to drop by to SB road to check your tyres.

Quote:

Top pick is CPC2 - thanks to @mikon's good experience plus a shout out to @sourvac's personal experience based research on the same. Have got quotes for 5300 per tire - which in comparison to Noop's price isn't that high. Will bargain for sure.

Turanzas are the next in line - know a dealer who has promised a discounted price on Bridgestone tires - lets see how reasonable he gets.

Quote:
If sidewall is a concern, I will shamelessly bat for Turanza ER 60, this is a old pattern but I haven't had any issues in the 27K kms that I drove. Especially the dreaded craters on the homanabad section on the NH9. Grip is pretty good.
Actually that is the core problem - by that logic, I should go for the Apollos, based on the satisfying experience I have had. Lets see how this goes ahead.
Old 14th November 2012, 15:16   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Top pick is CPC2 - thanks to @mikon's good experience plus a shout out to @sourvac's personal experience based research on the same. Have got quotes for 5300 per tire - which in comparison to Noop's price isn't that high. Will bargain for sure.

Turanzas are the next in line - know a dealer who has promised a discounted price on Bridgestone tires - lets see how reasonable he gets.

Actually that is the core problem - by that logic, I should go for the Apollos, based on the satisfying experience I have had. Lets see how this goes ahead.
Yeah Mod Mobike008 is also on CPC2. I wanted this tyres but they are not available in 185/70/R14.

You should get a good deal on the Turanza ER 60s.

There is always an option to choose something better.

Last edited by F150 : 14th November 2012 at 15:21.
Old 15th November 2012, 11:41   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
eh?
I call dibs for the Jazz
I thought you created a separate ownership thread for the 5 and that got merged with this ownership thread.

Quote:
I'd say avoid the Michelins.
I recommend the Conti's followed by the Bridgestones. There is one near Chandni Chowk on the Kothrud side. Do you want me to check for prices there?

Quote:
I have the Turanza ER300 and it serves us well. Though the better ride quality might have something to do with upsizing. I havent had any issues other than when a scissor gunning, moronic trigger happy puncture fellow got to lay his hands on one of them.
Please verify the best option based on alloy size & PCD, the options would vary based on what you have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks