Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that will work out great unless we know one best service station
Well, RNS Yeshwantpur works very well for me inspite of the 25 km drive
Old 4th February 2007, 22:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I serviced every time Swift with different service stations. I feel that will work out great unless we know one best service station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Well, RNS Yeshwantpur works very well for me inspite of the 25 km drive
For me the main thing is to find a dealer who will honour the warranty even after I upsize rims/tyre. Of course this I guess can be worked out beforehand at the time of booking and specified in writing.
Old 4th February 2007, 22:33   #33
Team-BHP Support

Too bad the clutch went so soon! They will try to convince you that you drove with handbrake on, thats what they always do.
For the others wondering about directional tires, I got 4 directional potenza GIIIs(185/60) and for the spare got a non directional Goodyear Ducaro(185/60).
It took me a long time to find a non-directional 185/60, seems like all 185/60 in market are directional.
Old 6th February 2007, 12:21   #34
BHPian

My Swift VXI is slated for its second service this month end. Has covered 2500 kms till now. Wondering whether it is advisable to try a new Service centre for second service (SK Wheels) in place of Automotive (from where I purchased and had car's 1st service done) in Navi Mumbai. ?? Can some one throw light on the pros and cons of changing service centre.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:20   #35
BHPian

I just completed my second paid service at 26k on the odo. I was told my clutch is worn out 60+% and has to be replaced/overhauled. I run upsize 205 60 R15 GSD2 and the engineer claims the upsize is the reason for the clutch wear out. I started feeling the clutch shuddering a little while after my first paid service at 20k on the odo. I have always serviced my car at Mandovi Wilson Garden Bangalore. Guys I am posting this here as I saw the mention of clutch wear. Any suggestions????

PS my Swift has run 27.5k as of today. I have owned other cars (Zen, Santro, Esteem) all of them have run more than 50k when with me and I have never had work done on the clutch but none of these cars were running on upsize tires so that got me thinking was the Maruti Engineer right? and whats the solution for this?

Last edited by anarchist : 6th February 2007 at 14:22.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
I just completed my second paid service at 26k on the odo. I was told my clutch is worn out 60+% and has to be replaced/overhauled. I run upsize 205 60 R15 GSD2 and the engineer claims the upsize is the reason for the clutch wear out.
What's the connection between upsize and clutch wear?
Old 7th February 2007, 18:22   #37
BHPian

Well thats what the Service Engineer told me I want the answer to the same question from the TBHP experts
Old 7th February 2007, 18:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tell him to stuff it. Unless you slip the clutch, 205s are not reason enough to wear out clutches.
Old 7th February 2007, 19:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I run upsize 205 60 R15 GSD2 and the engineer claims the upsize is the reason for the clutch wear out.
What kind of an engineer is he?? There's no direct relation for the upsize to cause clutch wear!

Off topic, but with 205/60 is there any touching scraping of the tyre ? Or have you used spacers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
What's the connection between upsize and clutch wear?
Zilch.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

My car has done about 2500kms now and get a mileage of 13kmpl in city. The car sure is fun to drive and does stick onto the road very well... I have to say that it gets annoying cuz there are lot of rattles commin from the back door as well as the boot. Gets really irritating at times. Anyway to solve this once n for all?

I also find that shifting into reverse can be a prob at times. Anyone else has this prob too??
Old 8th April 2007, 22:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just completed my second paid service at 26k on the odo. I was told my clutch is worn out 60+% and has to be replaced/overhauled. I run upsize 205 60 R15 GSD2 and the engineer claims the upsize is the reason for the clutch wear out. I started feeling the clutch shuddering a little while after my first paid service at 20k on the odo. I have always serviced my car at Mandovi Wilson Garden Bangalore. Guys I am posting this here as I saw the mention of clutch wear. Any suggestions????

PS my Swift has run 27.5k as of today. I have owned other cars (Zen, Santro, Esteem) all of them have run more than 50k when with me and I have never had work done on the clutch but none of these cars were running on upsize tires so that got me thinking was the Maruti Engineer right? and whats the solution for this?
Please try Green Cars in Koramangala (its near IBP petrol pump on 80' road after pizza hut) they are good and professional.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:30   #42

Tell the service engineer to read the ltest Autocar issue.

I can only say that while mating this engine to the Swift drivetrain the Mruti guys have botched up big time only a lack of pressure applied to the plate during engagement or an undersized plate can cause these problems.

Maybe they need to recall the cars and redress this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks