Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 16:16   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Unfortunate turn of events

What a week it has been. Just as we welcomed the new entrant into the garage, destiny had other plans. And for the first time in our lives, the Brezza got stolen yesterday night from outside our house. A neighbour's Dzire was also taken along. The thief must be a Maruti loyalist!

Oh, That is shocking. Sincerely hoping that the cops do their job and gets the car back

I see that it is a top end model. Was it a car equipped with keyless entry? Two cars stolen in one day is absolutely shocking. Please share more details.Was Dzire a newer car too? This should be a separate thread I guess.
Old 27th July 2019, 18:06   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Oh, That is shocking. Sincerely hoping that the cops do their job and gets the car back

I see that it is a top end model. Was it a car equipped with keyless entry? Two cars stolen in one day is absolutely shocking. Please share more details.Was Dzire a newer car too? This should be a separate thread I guess.
No the Dzire was an older model ( don't know the exact details). The car came with the standard Maruti keychain remote. This was the ZDI model.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:01   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the Brezza got stolen yesterday night from outside our house. A neighbour's Dzire was also taken along.
So sorry to hear about your loss and for some reasons, want to those NGT guys.

Have you got it transferred to your name? Else insurance can be tricky. Any outside chances that previous owner has something to do with this? Or has he ever lost the car keys or can MARUTI cars be broken so easily?
Old 27th July 2019, 21:19   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have you got it transferred to your name? Else insurance can be tricky. Any outside chances that previous owner has something to do with this?
Previous owner was my real uncle. Car was still in his name. So he is only dealing with the insurance formalities. No history of car keys being stolen either.
Old 28th July 2019, 17:48   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Similar case has been reported in "Gurgaon Helpline" facebook group. A Maruti brezza has been stolen today early morning.
Quote:
#BigQuestion on Maruti safety and security Bought car Maruti breeza (HR26-XXxxxx) in December 2018 after Maruti’s assurance that this is the best and loaded with full safety feature. On 28 July between 2-6 am someone broke my car’s driver side window glass and took it away from sector 47 Gurugram. Should we consider Maruti as safest brand?
The owner had installed a gear lock also.

Edit: The owner seems to have deleted her post, so removing the registration number for privacy reasons.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 28th July 2019 at 17:53.
Old 28th July 2019, 18:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
The Final Update

Time Flies! Sept 2011 - July 2019. 8 long years and 94k kms of flawless service and finally we part ways, thanks to the NGT. Sold the car today for pittance as used car market prices have crashed in NCR
How did you actually sell it for? Should be useful in my hunt for an Altis from NCR.

I have come across vehicles ranging from 2.5 - 4 Lakhs depending on year and mileage. Add in 60000 - 70000K for re registration in Chennai, it would still be cheaper by atleast 50000 compared to prices here.

Plus, the range of vehicles in the D segment is higher over there too.
Old 29th July 2019, 09:43   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
How did you actually sell it for? Should be useful in my hunt for an Altis from NCR.

I have come across vehicles ranging from 2.5 - 4 Lakhs depending on year and mileage. Add in 60000 - 70000K for re registration in Chennai, it would still be cheaper by atleast 50000 compared to prices here.
I sold it via Olx. The biggest challenge is to ensure that the vehicle you are buying is genuine. As far as paperwork goes you only need to get a NOC issued from Delhi and get the car re-registered in your state.
Old 17th August 2019, 20:24   #278
BHPian

Quote:

Have registered an FIR but of-course I know there is near zero chance of the car's recovery.

Did you get the car back?
What are the chances of getting back a stolen car in NCR?
Old 17th August 2019, 22:33   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Did you get the car back?
What are the chances of getting back a stolen car in NCR?
Next to nil. And I would rather not have it found now as I am sure the car must have gone through hell. God knows what all surprises it will throw in the future.
Old 18th August 2019, 10:39   #280
BHPian

Quote:
And I would rather not have it found...
True, my uncles Innova was stolen some 5 years back and he got it back after two months, it had met with an accident in another district and that's how they found number is wrong and up on checking more realized it is a stolen vehicle. At first uncle was happy that he got the car back but from day one he started having issues and exchanged the car and purchased another Innova within 6 months. So, yeah, it is a good thing if you don't get your car back.
jonesanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 18:36   #281
BHPian

Quote:
I sold it via Olx. The biggest challenge is to ensure that the vehicle you are buying is genuine. As far as paperwork goes you only need to get a NOC issued from Delhi and get the car re-registered in your state.
Sir, I am looking for a corolla altis. I got one that has done 28000kms. I guess it’s G model, I am not so sure, it was owned by an IAS and he plans to sell it. Asking price is 4.50. The brake pads needs too be changed, both rear and front. The steering makes rattles in bad roads and the left side orvm is damaged. Kms done is genuine as He is a neighbour of ours, the car was used for his office duties only. Can you suggest me as to how much should i negotiate and also can someone let me know as to how much will it set me back to repair those things? And lastly can some one look out for a decent altis in the price range of 3.50 to max 4 suppose if that deal doesn’t goes off smoothly.

Thank you.

Tulok.
Old 16th September 2019, 10:06   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulok View Post
Sir, I am looking for a corolla altis. I got one that has done 28000kms. I guess it’s G model, I am not so sure, it was owned by an IAS and he plans to sell it. Asking price is 4.50. The brake pads needs too be changed, both rear and front. The steering makes rattles in bad roads and the left side orvm is damaged. Kms done is genuine as He is a neighbour of ours, the car was used for his office duties only. Can you suggest me as to how much should i negotiate and also can someone let me know as to how much will it set me back to repair those things?
You will have to provide more details like year of manufacturing. It this the diesel variant you are talking about? 28000 kms is a bit too less for a steering noise. My car had absolutely no rattles at 90k km when I sold it. The brake pads would cost you approx. 15k and IIRC the ORVM costs around 30k ( you can check with your local Toyota after sales service to know the present cost).
Old 16th September 2019, 10:36   #283
BHPian

Quote:
You will have to provide more details like year of manufacturing. It this the diesel variant you are talking about? 28000 kms is a bit too less for a steering noise. My car had absolutely no rattles at 90k km when I sold it. The brake pads would cost you approx. 15k and IIRC the ORVM costs around 30k ( you can check with your local Toyota after sales service to know the present cost).
Sorry! Since I am a newbie, I am quiet nervous haha. Anyways it’s a petrol variant 2011. The odo is not tampered since I personally know them. I think it’s the potholes and the really bad roads out here that’s causing the sound. Any guess as to what might be the problem that’s causing the sound from the steering, or any Altis owner had the same problem ? And any idea as to how much it will set me back if i have to repair the steering box ?

So the orvm and the brake pads will set me back for 45k. I think 3.50 will be good deal or?

Thanks.
Tulok
Old 16th September 2019, 10:48   #284
BHPian

A very meticulous yet to the point review and thread. Find this an apt thread to ask a query. Today a new Altis Diesel MT top of the line variant costs roughly 23 Lakhs on road. With discounts it will come to around 22 Lakhs. Post exchanging my Vento, it should cost me roughly 16 Lakhs on road.

Now, is it worth to buy a new one with an intention to keep the car for 10 years? Will be the primary car and will be run approx 1500 Kilometers a month in Mumbai. Monthly highway runs to Pune and yearly once to Kolhapur and Goa. Intent to take it to Spiti or Leh/Ladakh once and also make it a part of few road trips.
Being a Toyota, expect it to serve us without an iota of an issue with the service costs being under control. There were similar discussions in the thread related to the below questions but sporadic in regards to time.

Me and my father are sedate drivers who like driving for a max of 3 hours at a stretch with speed limits in check. Like to keep our cars healthy, well maintained and feel proud of it.

Planning to take a 7 years of balloon EMI with an expectation that if we need to sell the Altis, it shall fetch a good resale value. However, as mentioned we would like to keep it for 10 years minimum.

Q1. Makes sense to invest in Altis Diesel MT with 10 years of ownership?

Q2. What is the average service costs of the Altis Diesel?

Q3. Been mentioned in the thread that even after being a Toyota, the OEM spare parts are costly. Comments again?

Q4. Wear and Tear parts do not wear off soon and are moderately priced?

Q5. BS4 diesel engine for a 10 years of ownership would have some adverse effects? (As per reports, Toyota may stop diesel engines and BS6 compliant ones shall be 6 Lakhs more than the current prices, which shall be way more of our budget)

VW service are decent if you have a good rapport with the service adviser and know what all need to be done. However, the costs of spares and wear & tear parts are on a higher side so keeping it for so long is not wise in our opinion. By whatever I have known and read, Toyota seems to be much better but better to hear from someone who has owned it.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 16th September 2019 at 10:49. Reason: Spell Check
Old 16th September 2019, 16:25   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Q1. Makes sense to invest in Altis Diesel MT with 10 years of ownership?

Q2. What is the average service costs of the Altis Diesel?

Q3. Been mentioned in the thread that even after being a Toyota, the OEM spare parts are costly. Comments again?

Q4. Wear and Tear parts do not wear off soon and are moderately priced?

Q5. BS4 diesel engine for a 10 years of ownership would have some adverse effects? (As per reports, Toyota may stop diesel engines and BS6 compliant ones shall be 6 Lakhs more than the current prices, which shall be way more of our budget)
Toyota is loved in our home probable because since 2005 (our first Toyota) they have never given us any trouble at all. The Altis Diesel is a great car - spacious, comfortable and fuss free. It definitely lacks in engine specs and is not the car if you like to accelerate really fast. The upside is better FE as my Altis used to give 17-18 kmpl in B2B city traffic and close to 20+ kmpl on highways.

It would easily last you 10+ years and the only reason we had to sell ours was due to the NGT rule in Delhi. Resale is only average as post 5 years, most D segment cars depreciate a lot. Still in its segment, it would be the best.

Spares are not cheap but at par with the segment, perhaps less than VW/Skoda. Average yearly/10k km service cost would be approx. 5-7k.

My vote is a yes if you are looking for a car from that segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks