Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 21:34   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Got my tank topped up for the second time today. Car has completed 1370 kms till now. I was shocked when the Auto click went off at the fuel pump and was sure there is some problem with there equipment . The FE is mind blowing man. The MID showed 18.4 kmpl. Tank to tank method showed 19.8 kmpl. This included some easy cruising on the highway, some really hard revving for almost 150 kms, bumper to bumper traffic of the city. Overall around 30% highway and 70% city drive. The highway drive was with 5 adults and 100% ac.

Pics of the car coming up tomorrow for sure. I was trying to get hold of a friend who is rather good with cameras. But he is keeping busy with work and so tomorrow morning I am going to have a go with my galaxy s2. Lets see how the results are. Cheers!

Last edited by drmohitg : 13th October 2011 at 21:36.
Old 13th October 2011, 22:03   #62
BHPian

Thats an amazing FE figure,but howcome MID is showing less FE figure,generally MID shows more and car gives less?
Old 13th October 2011, 22:47   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Thats an amazing FE figure,but howcome MID is showing less FE figure,generally MID shows more and car gives less?
Yea even I was surprised. On both the occasions the actual tank to tank method gave me almost 1.5kmpl extra reading compared to the MID. Should I ask the Toyota people to look into it by any chance? This is normal behaviour right?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yea even I was surprised. On both the occasions the actual tank to tank method gave me almost 1.5kmpl extra reading compared to the MID. Should I ask the Toyota people to look into it by any chance? This is normal behaviour right?
No no,this is normal behaviour,you should be happy about this,as you're getting more then MID figures.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my tank topped up for the second time today. Car has completed 1370 kms till now. I was shocked when the Auto click went off at the fuel pump and was sure there is some problem with there equipment . The FE is mind blowing man. The MID showed 18.4 kmpl. Tank to tank method showed 19.8 kmpl. This included some easy cruising on the highway, some really hard revving for almost 150 kms, bumper to bumper traffic of the city. Overall around 30% highway and 70% city drive. The highway drive was with 5 adults and 100% ac.

Pics of the car coming up tomorrow for sure. I was trying to get hold of a friend who is rather good with cameras. But he is keeping busy with work and so tomorrow morning I am going to have a go with my galaxy s2. Lets see how the results are. Cheers!
Since you are using the android, I would highly recommend an app called aCar. Its a splendid app and you can store all your car history in it. It will give you the running cost of your car and its average/peak/current mileage. I personally use the same in my S2 to have an idea of my running costs.
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 19:40   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally managed to capture some pics. I am really bad at photography so do bear with the quality.

The front end looks classy to me - Mini Camry!

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.48.14.jpg
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.48.22.jpg

Yes I know you got a glimpse of the beauty standing behind.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.48.33.jpg

The headlamps look mean and sophisticated at the same time.

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.48.54.jpg

A look from the side

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.50.20.jpg

There is some problem in uploading. May be my internet connection is going crazy. Trying to upload more pics. Please bear with me.

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th October 2011 at 19:43.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 20:20   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding some more pics.
The doors open wide for easy access. Door pockets can easily hold a 1L bottle with still space for anything else you might want to put there. Also note the new darker shade of wood finish which I believe looks so much better and upmarket.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.00.01.jpg

The rear door

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.09.05.jpg

Storage space next to the handbreak. Glad that they provided a cover lid for the same as it accumulates dust in no time and proves to be tough to clean on my other cars.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.58.23.jpg

The Slider arm rest rocks! Although would have loved a little more cushioning.
Also has some more storage space inside.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.58.57.jpg

Twin Glove box are fairly large.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.00.50.jpg

A look at the front.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.57.10.jpg

Cheap and totally out of place door handle. Why Toyota Why
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.01.34.jpg

The touch screen bluetooth enabled system. Works well for an amateur music lover like me.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.03.56.jpg

The rear. I think it looks better now compared to the previous tail light set-up. What say?
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.04.32.jpg
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 21:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adding some more pics.
Thanks for the interior photos. Just comparing some bits to my older generation Corolla and I am sorry to say that some cost cutting is evident from Toyota (not expected) -

Quote:
the new darker shade of wood finish which I believe looks so much better and upmarket.
The wood shade does look better

Quote:
Glad that they provided a cover lid for the same as it accumulates dust in no time and proves to be tough to clean on my other cars.
The covers were always there, but this design looks better. The previous design thgough was a little more flexible.

Quote:
The Slider arm rest rocks! Although would have loved a little more cushioning.
The slider arm is a definite plus. Was absent in previous generations. Though the cushioning and placement was spot on even then.

Quote:
Cheap and totally out of place door handle.
Totally agree. Signs of cost cutting. The solid chrome ones on the previous generation and even currently on the Fortuner look much better and timeless in my opinion.

Quote:
The touch screen bluetooth enabled system.
A much needed welcome addition though I am not able to understand Toyota's rationale of leaving out the GPS that it is giving in the Thai models. Also lack of phone controls on Steering is most irritating (aka the Thai model)

Quote:
I think it looks better now compared to the previous tail light set-up. What say?
The rear looks quite hideous now and very blingy. Toyota should decide whether they want bling (like the XUV) or understated character (for which they are famous), not a 'khichdi' of both.

Just a personal opinion, hope you don't mind...
Old 17th October 2011, 21:47   #69
BHPian

hey
nice set of pictures,BTW get the fog lamps,it will look great on the car.where do you live,around janak puri?,as from pictures it looks like that?
Old 17th October 2011, 22:35   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Totally agree. Signs of cost cutting. The solid chrome ones on the previous generation and even currently on the Fortuner look much better and timeless in my opinion.
They are increasing prices left right and centre when almost all other car makers in those segments are holding on to there prices. And even on top of that cost cutting? Why? A small thing like these handles spoils the whole experience you know.

Quote:
A much needed welcome addition though I am not able to understand Toyota's rationale of leaving out the GPS that it is giving in the Thai models. Also lack of phone controls on Steering is most irritating (aka the Thai model)
GPS I don't miss. Can use my phone for the function. Although steering controls for the phone would have been a very welcome function. Pairing your phone on bluetooth is such a stress free experience. No more cop trouble .

Quote:
The rear looks quite hideous now and very blingy. Toyota should decide whether they want bling (like the XUV) or understated character (for which they are famous), not a 'khichdi' of both.
Well its the least favourite part of the car for me too ( mentioned it in the first post itself). But its grown on me now and now I started feeling it was better then the previous design. BTW the old original Indian Corolla's rear tail lights were awesome.

Quote:
hey
nice set of pictures,BTW get the fog lamps,it will look great on the car.where do you live,around janak puri?,as from pictures it looks like that?
Thanks a lot.

I was thinking of getting the same. Have to ask about the prices & I am guessing Toyota would charge a fortune for them. Aftermarket might void warranty plus I am not too keen on letting any of those shabby workers near my car.

You are quite close to my exact location. What gave it away? The number plates? I am put up in West Punjabi Bagh. You?

MODS: Can you please Edit my thread title and add Pics on page 5 maybe for everyone's benefit?

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th October 2011 at 22:38.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:01   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics.

Found a cute Idol of Lord Ganesha.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.04.08.jpg

The new tail light up close.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.04.48.jpg
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.04.55.jpg

The back seat and the leg space with front seats fully back and fully in the front. This was one of the main reasons we bought the Altis.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.07.37.jpg

The rear central arm rest.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.07.57.jpg

A view of the Cockpit. Modern, elegant and neat.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.08.47.jpg

Another pic of the rear with the lights on.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.12.53.jpg

The Engine bay.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.14.48.jpg

The new front grill as requested by someone earlier on the thread. The black/dark metallish finish gels very well with the colour of my car, so didn't opt for any of those chrome strips for the front.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.15.39.jpg

Side profile
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.15.51.jpg

The start up screen showing Toyota looks kind of nice.
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-17.17.01.jpg

Enough pics for now I guess. Did I miss anything? Please let me know if you need any other. I will try and get some more pics in the dark with the lights on.

Oh and lastly a Bonus pic for you guys : Thats my neighbour's ride.

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111017-16.49.39.jpg

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th October 2011 at 23:04.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 23:02   #72
BHPian

Yes,Toyota would definitely be charging quite high prices for them,but you never know.Yes the plates on your car gave some idea and from the pics,area nearby looked alike janakpuri so made a guess,I live near Dwarka sector-1,not very far JUST 13 kms from your house.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:06   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes,Toyota would definitely be charging quite high prices for them,but you never know.Yes the plates on your car gave some idea and from the pics,area nearby looked alike janakpuri so made a guess,I live near Dwarka sector-1,not very far JUST 13 kms from your house.
I am busy with some exams right now. We should surely catch up sometime. 13 kms is like quite close going by distances in Delhi .
Old 17th October 2011, 23:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I am busy with some exams right now. We should surely catch up sometime. 13 kms is like quite close going by distances in Delhi .
Yes sure doctor sahab,we should catch up sometime after your exams are over,and ya,13 kms is quite close just will take around 45 minutes.BTW have you ever driven your neighbours ride?

Last edited by acsandeep : 17th October 2011 at 23:12.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:22   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sure doctor sahab,we should catch up sometime after your exams are over,and ya,13 kms is quite close just will take around 45 minutes.BTW have you ever driven your neighbours ride?
Yea got a lift once so have sat. Wish I could take it for a spin. His garage includes a A4, Accord, Passat and the Porsche. So its a visual treat everytime I look outside my window.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks