Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:47   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
As Manson stated in his review,The plastic reflection is all over the windscreen.I used my oakley polaroid sunglasses and the reflection dissapeared.

Congrats Kedar for your new acquisation. The XUV looks best in white. The interiors are flooded with lights of every kind(the red ones look great). Please post some pics of the interior at night and also light spread of the projectors at night.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Dont know why didnt they place the VIN no here??

Drove her in the night and the throw and spread of the upper/dipper light is just fantastic.Also the cornering lights are extremely useful in the night.

I am using my ipod 120gb in the usb slot and it works like a charm.

The steering is maska and the whole driving experience gives you a feel of sedan.

Yeh thi khabrein aajtak intejaar kijiye kal tak!!!
Attached Images

Old 3rd November 2011, 15:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier it was the first 2.0TDI superb in Mumbai on 10th April 2009 and now its the first W8 XUV on T-bhp.
Congrats kedarwalke , and seriously are you on a record setting spree or what

The XUV 5OO or rather as you have christened her Xuvi looks amazing in white And its nice to see the mahindra management making their customers feel so privileged by putting a special name board out !

I couldn't help but noticing that you are using an iphone 4 and a bold 4 . Whats your pick of the two ?
Im using a 3gs and torch 9800 and ill pick the berry over the apple any day.
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:44   #34
BHPian

Wow that's a stunning looking XUV. I just saw one in my office in dark silver but felt the vehicle would be better in White or Black. And your pictures re-iterate what I thought.

Absolute drool stuff! Wishing you many more happy miles and a wonderful Goa trip. Drive safe and keep pouring in with more pictures and regular updates.

And yea, please keep us informed on the electronics. Seems like few of the owners already reporting few electronics conking off.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

We already have 3 XUVs on this forum!

Hearty congratulations! Earlier I thought grey & black were the best colours for the XUV but the first pic has made me rethink.

I like the beige interiors more than the black. Please do keep us updated as I am in the process of booking one for myself, next year. Do give me your valuable inputs.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congrats Kedar. White color is very nice but the black net design and unfilled gaps of the bumper of XUV become more prominent in this color.

As to your ICE upgrade thread for your XUV, what is your take now? Seriously, I think it very good as it is unless you are a fan of jazzing it up to a music station but then it doesn't have enough space too. I once again got to experience my friend's XUV today and the sound reproduction with the current setup is very good without any need for changeover I think.
Old 4th November 2011, 06:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Kedar! Looks awesome! More pictures and detailed write ups, as possible please.

Happy Motoring!
Old 4th November 2011, 07:09   #38
BHPian

Congrats Kedar!
I was one of those who hated the XUV in this colour when its launched but now it surely is growing on me.

Do share your experiences around drive and handling!
Old 4th November 2011, 11:22   #39
BHPian

Firstly let me congratulate you on the Xuvi !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congrats Kedar!

Have a fantastic Goa trip and please share detailed feedback on how it functions. Are you taking NH4 or NH17?
I just returned from Goa in my Fusion! The NH17 was patethic! full of craters (went that way). Returned by the NH4 - Yes the Amboli ghat is not good - BUTwas 100 times better than the NH14! And after joining the NH4 is fabulous- Just be careful about the crossing's especially before/after Kholapur!. (A friend had a mishap with a crossing truck!)
While we would love to here how the XUV behavies on the bad NH17 yet would not like to advise it!
Cheers!

PS I too am in a delima to change the booking from AWD to FWD.
Gerard
Old 4th November 2011, 12:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I used my oakley polaroid sunglasses and the reflection dissapeared.

congrats on your XUV i have also decided to book one as soon as bookings open. How is the clutch in your XUV? is it as light as a sedan? many ppl have complained about the clutch i felt it was too springy during Test Drive.

OT: aren't okaley's by default 'HDO'
Old 4th November 2011, 12:20   #41
BHPian

Congrats on your XUVi looks awesome in white

getting my XUV 5OO W8 satin white delivery today
Old 4th November 2011, 14:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Congrats on your XUVi looks awesome in white

getting my XUV 5OO W8 satin white delivery today
Welcome to the XUV family,do post a detailed review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
congrats on your XUV i have also decided to book one as soon as bookings open. How is the clutch in your XUV? is it as light as a sedan? many ppl have complained about the clutch i felt it was too springy during Test Drive.

OT: aren't okaley's by default 'HDO'
I have been driving automatic superb for past 2.5 yrs.Clutch is extremely smooth from day one.The electronics are also upto the mark.no issues as on date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Firstly let me congratulate you on the Xuvi !

I just returned from Goa in my Fusion! The NH17 was patethic! full of craters (went that way). Returned by the NH4 - Yes the Amboli ghat is not good - BUTwas 100 times better than the NH14! And after joining the NH4 is fabulous- Just be careful about the crossing's especially before/after Kholapur!. (A friend had a mishap with a crossing truck!)
While we would love to here how the XUV behavies on the bad NH17 yet would not like to advise it!
Cheers!

PS I too am in a delima to change the booking from AWD to FWD.
Gerard
Hey thanks for the inputs,I am leaving for Goa tomorrow via NH4.I absolutely love the NH17,but due to poor roads will cruise on the expressway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congrats Kedar!
I was one of those who hated the XUV in this colour when its launched but now it surely is growing on me.

Do share your experiences around drive and handling!
Yes I too wanted to book black but one of my friend insisted on white and it does look very elegant in white with the killer 3M films.
Xuvi is a breeze to drive.Even my wife who drives an i20 could so easily drive the xuv with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Hearty Congrats Kedar. White color is very nice but the black net design and unfilled gaps of the bumper of XUV become more prominent in this color.

As to your ICE upgrade thread for your XUV, what is your take now? Seriously, I think it very good as it is unless you are a fan of jazzing it up to a music station but then it doesn't have enough space too. I once again got to experience my friend's XUV today and the sound reproduction with the current setup is very good without any need for changeover I think.
Well to each his own,but I have fallen in love with the front black net design.There are absolutely no gaps in the bumper.
Regarding the ICE upgrade,the oem is awesome,supports divx formats and the Ipod connectivity is flawless.I will add an amplifier and powerful speakers and tweeters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
We already have 3 XUVs on this forum!

Hearty congratulations! Earlier I thought grey & black were the best colours for the XUV but the first pic has made me rethink.

I like the beige interiors more than the black. Please do keep us updated as I am in the process of booking one for myself, next year. Do give me your valuable inputs.
Bang on,the beige interiors are better than the darker shades.Its a total VFM suv for the price point.I have to put a sticker on the window"100Rs for any inquries" coz I have people asking about he XUV on the highways,kitna deti hai,howz the car and blah blah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Congrats kedarwalke , and seriously are you on a record setting spree or what

The XUV 5OO or rather as you have christened her Xuvi looks amazing in white And its nice to see the mahindra management making their customers feel so privileged by putting a special name board out !

I couldn't help but noticing that you are using an iphone 4 and a bold 4 . Whats your pick of the two ?
Im using a 3gs and torch 9800 and ill pick the berry over the apple any day.
Thanks Enigmatic.
Iphone4 anyday

Last edited by kedarwalke : 4th November 2011 at 14:14.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
How bad is the third row sitting. It would be great if you could post it's picture with a passenger.

Also how sturdy is central driver's armrest. The test drive car that I saw had a broken armrest.

Also I would recommend you to upgrade the alloys to super speed ones available at Mahindra itself. Cost Rs 35 k. Check what the dealer quotes for them in exchange of your stock alloys.
Drivers armrest slides back and forth and the third row seating is comfortable for 2 guys who are lean built.I am quite happy with the stock alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Congratulations Kedar ! Great ride... Wish you many happy miles ahead.

By the way can you tell us about the Purple Club experience you get along with the XUV ?
They said the membership details will come by post,they just gave a card of my personal Relationship manager who will be one point contact for taking appointments for service and miscellaneous.But the RM is quite helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congratulations Kedar on the acquisition. This beast sure has changed the game and the playing field as well! All others will be left behind wondering what can we do now enjoy safe driving.
Would appreciate your true experience of ride quality, with respect to the suspensions.
The suspension feels a little stiff over potholes.Even then I have to check the air pressure since I took the delivery.But overall very comfortable ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Kedar!
Good to see your XUV also joining the company of your Superb! The XUV is such a strong value proposition for itself that it has tempted so many of us (including me!).
Wish you many years of trouble free ownership and tons of driving thrills!

PS: Pls also upload these pics in your gallery pics!

Regards,
Behemoth
Hey thanks Behemoth,will upload the pics in the gallery when I am back from Goa.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 4th November 2011 at 14:25.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

The white really looks sublime. I also observed that the MID shows 14kpl on my friend's XUV with about 8 days of driving from delivery, one tankful and about 1250kms on ODO and that too mostly in Navi Mumbai+Mumbai roads. This seems quite good if it is so. Kindly share your experience on the same when you have driven quite sometime.
Old 6th November 2011, 17:49   #45
BHPian

Congratulations kedar on the car! Good color and a mean looking SUV. What are the positives and negatives you have come across? In terms of Ride, Handling in B2B traffic, acceleration, etc

Thanks

Wish you many miles and Drive Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks