Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 20:09   #76
BANNED

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I chose the NH4 as NH17 was full of potholes.I thought of maintaing a run in till 1000kms,but then the moment I reached the expressway,hit the pedal and did 170km/hr.The car feels solid and has a very good road presence.But in comparison to my superb,when superb does 190km/hr you dont hear any noise inside the cabin and its very easy to control the superb at that speed,whereas in Xuvi I could hear a lot of road noise inside the cabin and the car was vibrating to some extent.Somehow did not feel safe,but at 120-140 km/hr she is a breeze to drive.
Which is probably since she is built to a cost unlike the Superb which is an out and out European sedan and hence you feel the difference significant.

Quote:
So the first issue was as I crossed Lonavla,the tyretronics gave an error for both the rear tyres.I checked the air pressure and it was ok 32 at the front and 30 at the rear.Then I called up my relationship manager and he said that there seem to be a problem in the sensor.It was very annoying to see the errror message on the infotainment screen every now and then.Strangely at lower speeds it didnt show the error.However will take her to the service ceter and get it sorted out.
Tyretronics has never been error free even on Scorpios. This is one of the prime examples of the fact that M&M need to go a long way before their gizmos can be termed reliable.

Quote:
Second issue was when the front co passenger door refused to close.It was quite embarrassing that after several attempts the door just would not closeBut after a few days again the problem started and I spoke to the service manager in mumbai and he said that when I come to Mumbai he will change the door lock and get it sorted.
Typical issue of a first batch car across most Indian Cos. They will surely change the lock design slightly to accommodate it in the next batch. I have heard of this issue in a few other vehicles as well.

Quote:
The infotainment system got hung a couple of times and then it worked flawlessly for the rest of the time.The time on the HU after setting numerous times shows weird time,it showed 70.68 hrs and stuff.And lastly the rear AC switch stopped working,although the rear ac was working it did'nt switch off though.I will take her to the service center and get the above issues sorted out and hope they dont pop up again.
One more example of the comparatively complex ICE giving up in isolated cases. M&M need to fix it asap. From your side, demand a warranty replacement if things are not sorted out the first time.

Quote:
For me Xuvi fulfills all my requirements,although the electronics gave problem but I am sure they will be rectified.Moreover I think Xuvi was much comforatble and less tiring than my superb,since I do Mum-goa-Mum once every month in my superb.
That is a real compliment to the XUV from a Superb owner. What was the opinion of the rear passengers?
Quote:
From Mum-Goa the infotainment showed an average of 15kmpl,but when I did a tank full the average was 12.5Kmpl.On my Way back I did a tankfull before the Expressway and on reaching did a refuel agian and I got average of 13kmpl.Not bad at all with a new
This is bad. Real time FE gadgetry has now been amply mastered by most manufacturers. Over optimistic gauges especially in the sensitive FE dept, can lead to loss of customer confidence and need to be rectified immediately.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 14:33   #77
BHPian

Latest update is that the key is not folding!!

Some pics...
Attached Images

Old 19th November 2011, 12:14   #78
BHPian

I am going to install HID's for the lower beam,kindly suggest 35K or 25K intensity and what make?I am getting His for 7k pair..is it a good price?
Old 19th November 2011, 13:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to install HID's for the lower beam,kindly suggest 35K or 25K intensity and what make?I am getting His for 7k pair..is it a good price?
I would, along with other Bhp-ians strongly advise you from avoiding the install. The XUV is still relatively new and you would most definitely need the warranty.

Note: The XUV is built to a price

Please get the niggles sorted out ASAP and don't pursue ANY kind of electrical modifications.

If you still want to go ahead with it please post the exact specs of the planned install. Good deal/Bad deal can only be judged when we know the exacts specs of what you are purchasing.

All the best and always remember:

“Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer"
Furebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 17:01   #80
BHPian

I am thinking of debadging the rear ,it will look something like this.....
Attached Thumbnails
1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3453.jpg  

Old 20th November 2011, 19:35   #81
BHPian

How is the security systemon the vehicle? Has anyone fitted any after market security system? Does it need to be done?
Rgds
Old 21st November 2011, 11:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Where did you pick-up/ have them fitted (the Bosch horns)!
Rgds
Picked them from an accesory shop for 590/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
How is the security systemon the vehicle? Has anyone fitted any after market security system? Does it need to be done?
Rgds
Not needed the OEM system is excellent
Old 21st November 2011, 12:37   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Not needed the OEM system is excellent
I'd be careful if I were you...

The immobilizer is the same as the Scorpio, Meaning Equally theft prone if not more.

Source: Mahindra SA, SR and Mechanic.

Last edited by Zappex : 21st November 2011 at 12:39.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 14:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I'd be careful if I were you...

The immobilizer is the same as the Scorpio, Meaning Equally theft prone if not more.

Source: Mahindra SA, SR and Mechanic.
They maybe talking about the older Scorpios. Newer Scorpios (refresh) come with i-Cat system & I have not heard many Scorpio Refresh getting stolen easily.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:10   #85
BHPian

Mods sorry for going OT:

(But I had to reply since it is raj_5004 who asked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
They maybe talking about the older Scorpios. Newer Scorpios (refresh) come with i-Cat system & I have not heard many Scorpio Refresh getting stolen easily.
The day my Scorpio got stolen a gentleman who was a doctor also lost his Scorpio Refresh (Got to know from the MASS) To the best of my knowledge Scorpio thefts have Increased and Mahindra are totally beaten by the number of thefts.

PS: This was one of the prime reasons for me for not choosing the Scorpio again.

Last edited by Zappex : 21st November 2011 at 15:12.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can keep the leds on all the time with the switch.

Yes there is a switch setting to keep the leds on during daytime.
Thanks for pointing this out. So you are saying that the LEDs can actually perform like day time running lights, that is, without the tail lights. Can you just inform me where this switch is?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st November 2011 at 15:51.
Old 21st November 2011, 21:37   #87
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2011 at 10:55. Reason: Please read the MOD note in your post Carefully, next time you will be infracted, thanks
Gerardfdz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st November 2011, 21:54   #88
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. So you are saying that the LEDs can actually perform like day time running lights, that is, without the tail lights. Can you just inform me where this switch is?
Even I was very curious about this. During the 2nd TD, I checked it out. The control for DRLs is on the headlight stalk itself. Its the first position on the stalk, before Off. Did not get time to test it though.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 00:49   #89
BHPian

Getting tomorrow a preowned innova 2011 G model, white colour done 13000 kms.
Mumbai registered, side skirts and rear spoiler!!
Just for 11lacs!!!
Old 26th November 2011, 00:58   #90
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Getting tomorrow a preowned innova 2011 G model, white colour done 13000 kms.
Mumbai registered, side skirts and rear spoiler!!
Just for 11lacs!!!
Good. Congrats! Can we expect a comparison of Innova and XUV on ride quality and driving dynamics soon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks