Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 09:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Even I was very curious about this. During the 2nd TD, I checked it out. The control for DRLs is on the headlight stalk itself. Its the first position on the stalk, before Off. Did not get time to test it though.
No they cant be used as DRL's. You have to switch on the parking lights in order to put the led's on. There is no other way to have led on without the taillights.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 09:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

No they cant be used as DRL's. You have to switch on the parking lights in order to put the led's on. There is no other way to have led on without the taillights.
+1 to that.There is no other way to keep the led on.
Old 26th November 2011, 09:52   #93
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I was afraid of precisely that. The official review did mention that these are not DRLs in the true sense and I kept wondering why the SAs at the dealership keep on mentioning them as DRLs.

I guess, its not that bad, as long as you don't need to keep your main lights on.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:08   #94

First off, many congratulations on your XUV500 Kedar – it sounds like an absolute winner, despite the gremlins in the electronics. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience of the Goa trip – I can only imagine what a blast it must have been. Your ownership experience is of most relevance to me, as you’ll (hopefully) be using the XUV in dense Mumbai city traffic. Some questions from me:

1. I don’t know if you ever head down to the suburbs, but our current car’s typical run is all along the metro construction corridor in Andheri, where average speeds are between 8 and 11km/h. I’m sure there are multiple places in South Mumbai where such traffic can be found too – say morning/evening rush hour around Haji Ali, Worli or Prabhadevi – the kind of traffic in which fellow-BHPian Hayek gets 23L/100km in his Superb 1.8TSI (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2468197). What sort of mileage do you get with the AC on in such conditions? If I may make a special request, can you try resetting the FE meter in such conditions, and determining what sort of mileage you get after a km or so of driving with the AC on full blast?

2. One of my concerns is ride – particularly after your comparison with the Innova. One place that I’ve tested this often is on the Western Express Highway, particularly further north – say Goregaon to Borivali. The road has a number of flyovers where the slope changes extremely abruptly from flat to climbing or vice versa. In addition, there are a number of sudden dips in the surface due to subsidence. When I tried an Innova, the rear would pitch and bounce even at a moderate speed of 60-65km/h, making constant-speed driving impossible (I had myself and four passengers). What’s the experience of the XUV like? Does it get better/worse with speed?

3. My other main concern is around the width of the XUV. Having driven the Innova, I found the width to be much more of a limiting factor in city driving than the length – it was much more difficult to push the Innova into a gap where a typical saloon could easily fit in. What’s your experience like? Does the high seating position help reduce the effect?

4. How does the XUV respond to loading (say five plus luggage)? Do the brakes weaken, does the ride get worse/better, for example?

5. Finally, what was your highway experience like on the Goa trip? What sort of speed could you comfortably sustain (traffic permitting), without fear of having your suspension torn apart by the unexpected pothole? The kind where you could keep going without lifting your foot off the accelerator even on encountering a rough patch?
thalyspbka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 14:27   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalyspbka View Post
First off,.....
I did a 170 for a few kms ,later wass steady at 130-140 with no problems at all.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd December 2011 at 15:34. Reason: Please do not quote a long message. Hampers readability for our mobile users
Old 3rd December 2011, 14:16   #96
BHPian

Xuvi is off to Goa again with the driver,will post the FE and any other related issues.

I picked up a innova G which is 11K run and to my suprise,the gear shifts are silk smooth,suspensions are much better than Xuv.
Althouth the OEM HU of XUV is loaded to the gills I find the pioneer 4250 double din fitted in my innova does a much better job;like controlling the playlists on ipod,EQ,and the sound output with the company fitted speakers without any amplifier is awesome.

Can we fit an aftermarket double din HU on the XUV with some kind of fascia,I dont mind let go the Nav,phone controls,tpms on the oem HU.To be honest the XUV oem HU sucks big time.

Even the Flip key of XUV does not operate from a long distance,whereas the innova keys with built in lock,unlock buttons operate from a very long distance.

I am not creating any sort of argument here,both the suvs are equally good,but I feel that Toyota innova is a niggle free no non sense muv,whereas the Xuv is loaded with features,handles well,looks very very masculine but with its stupid chinese components needs to be taken to the Service station very often.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 3rd December 2011 at 14:20.
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:01   #97
BHPian

Ok so finally I have got time to send Xuvi to the service center to get the following things rectified,

Rear Ac button malfunction.Rear AC on all the time.
TPMS shows error above 130kmphr
Left door lock needs to be replaced
Software update for the music system
Fob key does not close
Gear shifts very hard,asked him to change it to synthetic oil.
Music remote is not working
Autocop siren is erratic and starts buzzing midnight.OI have asked him to disconnect the connection to the siren horn.

Lets see how well equipped they are ,and hope these problems are rectified at the earliest.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 14th December 2011 at 13:02.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:08   #98
BHPian

Got the Xuv today,
Changed door latch
Gear oil changed to synthetic
upgraded the Nippon software, to check the sw version push mute and forward button simultaneously.
Key is sent to chaakan plant for replacement.
Bonnet sensor replaced

The g3 workshop was pathetic felt like i visited an auto rickshaw repair place.
The so called relationship manager was just an ordinary service advisor who its not at all aware of the features of the xuv.

Met the general manager and told him my views.Really disappointed.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 15th December 2011 at 19:10.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:33   #99
BHPian

And i thought these were white coloured.lol
Attached Images

kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 20:49   #100
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Ok so finally I have got time to send Xuvi to the service center to get the following things rectified,

Rear Ac button malfunction.Rear AC on all the time.
TPMS shows error above 130kmphr

Left door lock needs to be replaced
Software update for the music system
Fob key does not close
Gear shifts very hard,asked him to change it to synthetic oil.
Music remote is not working
Autocop siren is erratic and starts buzzing midnight.OI have asked him to disconnect the connection to the siren horn.

Lets see how well equipped they are ,and hope these problems are rectified at the earliest.
What about the rest of your complaints (the ones highlighted in bold)? Did they address those as well?

Quote:
Got the Xuv today,
Changed door latch
upgraded the Nippon software, to check the sw version push mute and forward button simultaneously.
Bonnet sensor replaced

The so called relationship manager was just an ordinary service advisor who its not at all aware of the features of the xuv.

This is not good. Do they have separate bays for XUV service and repairs? Are the actual repair personnel different? Can you elaborate a bit more about why you felt like visiting a rickshaw repair place?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 15th December 2011, 21:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And i thought these were white coloured.lol
Sorry cant control myself, actually i thought i was the only one who thought its white. Well mine too is ripping off from one of the doors and the chrome part is showing. Not sure if its supposed to be like that. Any way, i am planning to remove all of them to give a new look
Old 15th December 2011, 23:30   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Xuv today,
Changed door latch
Bonnet sensor replaced

Well I too booked and took delivery from G3 - did not get a good feeling about their way of doing things! - always felt they were not upfront.
I'm quite sure that no PDI is being done!
As most there were a few issues with the infotainment- so contacted the "RM" really difficult to get even on his mobile!!!
Finally they told me to bring it to their workshop which is about 30kms from my house!
Decides to give NBS a call - Very Prompservicese anreplaysys - Yes I did have to take it to them, gear oil changed, and software upgrade. But - when they could not sort out the GPS problem, sent a tech to my office. Later the Nippon representative with laptop and baggage on tow landed up and set it up plus 2nd upgrade of the software.
Complaining to the Manager is like pouring water down a ........
They has the cheek to call and ask me how the dealer experience was!!!!

On the week end, I have driven to Tapola (past Mahabeleshwar) to Koyna Agro ..... used the expressway - used ALL the functions I could think off including the cruise control at 80kph to 100kph, touch the brake and it disengages, press "Res" and it gets back to the last set speed! Used "Hill hold", and "Hill decent" - all worked very well - went off road a bit too no issues.
Tuesday - again drove to Lonavala - as I've covered 1000kms did push to about 140! set cruise control at 110 then gradually stepped up to 130!
Well On both drives - did get a "tyre error" alert from the tyretronics -
1st time - South bound (towards Lonavala) rear right -
2nd time - Northbound - Front right
3rd - again South bound Rear Right
4th - North bound -
Well the only strange part - may be coincidence - it always happened near/close to the Bhatan tunnel!!!

The drive otherwise was effortless!

Cheers!

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 15th December 2011 at 23:36.
Old 16th December 2011, 00:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
What about the rest of your complaints (the ones highlighted in bold)? Did they address those as well?

This is not good. Do they have separate bays for XUV service and repairs? Are the actual repair personnel different? Can you elaborate a bit more about why you felt like visiting a rickshaw repair place?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Most of the issues are sorted out now,The workshop was pathetic with all logans,xylos,scorpios lying all around.The service advisor was not that sound about xuv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sorry cant control myself, actually i thought i was the only one who thought its white. Well mine too is ripping off from one of the doors and the chrome part is showing. Not sure if its supposed to be like that. Any way, i am planning to remove all of them to give a new look
You better remove all the film on the four plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Tuesday - again drove to Lonavala - as I've covered 1000kms did push to about 140! set cruise control at 110 then gradually stepped up to 130!
Well On both drives - did get a "tyre error" alert from the tyretronics -
1st time - South bound (towards Lonavala) rear right -
2nd time - Northbound - Front right
3rd - again South bound Rear Right
4th - North bound -
Well the only strange part - may be coincidence - it always happened near/close to the Bhatan tunnel!!!

The drive otherwise was effortless!

Cheers!
Ditto was doing mum-goa and whenevr the vehicle touches 160 i get error on both the rear tyres;now the SA told me that he has flashed the software and it wont pop up again.I doubt its a hardware issue with the sensors.

Mahaindra are 1000000 miles behind Toyota when it comes to services and reliablity.Pathetic.
Old 17th December 2011, 00:30   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Ditto was doing mum-goa and whenevr the vehicle touches 160 i get error on both the rear tyres;now the SA told me that he has flashed the software and it wont pop up again.I doubt its a hardware issue with the sensors.

Mahaindra are 1000000 miles behind Toyota when it comes to services and reliablity.Pathetic.
Well I'm not ready to put Mahindra's down yet! I think for the cost it is eons ahead of the Fortu......
Yes we are used to the chalta hai! And No Mahindra is not taking things easy even after the overwhelming response! What with their upgrades!
The vehicle is a breeze to drive, and you reach home with a smile on your face! Just like my Beemer bike!
Who cares if one in a while some fancy gadget decides to show off and display its stuff!
We from the Landmaster/ Padmani /Maruti 800 days don't get hassled by such "displays of emotion"!
Just watch how the car ahead scampers to the left when you flash your lights right up his rear!
Take it in your stride and enjoy the ride!!!
Cheers!

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 17th December 2011 at 00:32.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 00:53   #105
BHPian

Ábsolutely spot on gerrad.
Ok quick upgrade for xuvi;
Focal components,focal coaxials,focal solid4,dynamat,
Hilo convertor and infinity bass link+p4hids for low beam=70k kharcha!!

Awesome punch and crystal clear vocals.
Attached Images

kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed