Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2006, 15:08   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Thought of giving up driving until yesterday .. Yes i am going thru one of those bad patches ..
Relax, mate - I can understand, am going through one myself ... it really leaves one quite low on confidence.

For first 3000 kms, no scratch on my vtec, and within the next 500 km, two big scratches from autos, two bikes banged into my rear, and a big bang on the passenger side with a bus.

And guess-what - all this started from the day I was gifted a small Lord Ganesha for my car, and I forgot to install it on the dashboard .... now I am a bit superstitious
Old 12th April 2006, 08:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
WHAT the santro got a small dent and your baleno Front bumper , bonnet , condensor and radiator have gone kaput ... what is the santro made of IRON???

i agree with Steeroid.. stay off the wheel for some time bro...
but the more a car deforms the less impact transferred to occupants isnt it?? also the maruti dealers once told me that baleno front part was designed so that it could deform heavily during a headon to prevent impact on passengers
Old 12th April 2006, 08:36   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Took a 90 degree turn , there was a 6 feet wall covering the left turn .. Didnt see the santro and went into it straight .. Thats how it happened .. Well im forced to sell off my NOS kit to arrange money for the repairs as well .. So planning to run it in the pro-stock class this year .. However the rest of the mods are on schedule ..
sad to know that baleno had crashed.
btw did u had a nos kit in your baleno
Old 12th April 2006, 08:43   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
but the more a car deforms the less impact transferred to occupants isnt it?? also the maruti dealers once told me that baleno front part was designed so that it could deform heavily during a headon to prevent impact on passengers
Very true .. The baleno actually has pretty good crumple zones .. Was checking out the impact areas yesterday .. And they seem to have taken the impact pretty well ..

Well being in two major accidents in a zen and baleno i could say that the safety of these certainly has improved by a lot against conventional thinking that Maruti cars are unsafe .. In both stances , the passenger cell was absolutely safe and so was the engine .. Which is what matters most ..

Coming to spare parts POV , never knew almost every part was a SGP ( Suzuki Genuine Part ) and not MGP.. They are next to impossible to find , even in all the showrooms .. Even parts like the bonnet , bumper , radiator and condensor .. After hunting the city somehow managed to trace what i wanted , now need to go get them soon ..

The car will be stripped of all damaged parts today and work on the engine mods will commense too .. Just cant wait to get it back .. Will keep u guys posted on the details ..
Old 12th April 2006, 08:45   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
btw did u had a nos kit in your baleno
No hari , the NOS kit was lying at home to be put into the car in time for speedrun .. Just parted with it yesterday ..
Old 12th April 2006, 08:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No hari , the NOS kit was lying at home to be put into the car in time for speedrun .. Just parted with it yesterday ..

Man thats sad... what do you plan to do now... What other mods are coming on.. Prove your signature..
Old 12th April 2006, 10:39   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Yes , its very much got to do with the crumple zones .. The entire bumper cracked on impact and the the forces was imparted to the bonnet as well making it bend ..

......... a part of his bumper i think ..
OK having read your "explination" for the crash.. here's a question that comes to mind..
HOW FAST WERE YOU TAKING THE 90 Degree Left Hander.. and who was your navigator?

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 12th April 2006 at 10:40.
Old 12th April 2006, 10:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The black santro was at an angle as he was turning in from his left lane to the right lane to park.. He suffered a small dent over his wheel arch while my baleno crumpled on impact with his tyre and a part of his bumper i think ..

That makes sense, it means your car hit the tyre/wheel of the santro. It translates to a lot of impact having been transferred to santro's suspension bars and in turn to the chasis... no wonder he didn't have any major damage to the body!

Quote:
Well im forced to sell off my NOS kit to arrange money for the repairs as well .. So planning to run it in the pro-stock class this year .. However the rest of the mods are on schedule ..
Just curious, then what is the insurance for??

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2006 at 11:16.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:11   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
Just curious, then what is the insurance for??
SSSSSSSSSHHHH!!! Maybe mom n dad don't know about the crash
Old 12th April 2006, 12:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey man **** happens... anyway the cars in good hands now and psycho's sure to nurse her back to good health
Old 12th April 2006, 12:51   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
They do know about it.. there are some reasons which i think will be better if he tells it himself..

take care
Old 12th April 2006, 12:55   #72
BANNED

Quote:
They do know about it.. there are some reasons which i think will be better if he tells it himself..

take care
Ok I'm sure we are ALL waiting to hear what it is
Old 12th April 2006, 14:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hey mclaren, sorry to hear about that man. But then all sort of sh** happens on the roads. Don't worry yourself so much that you think of giving up driving or something.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:45   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Oh trust me , my parents were the 1st ones to know about this .. 1st call went to psycho and the 2nd went to my dad after the accident ..

The reason i cant claim insurance is , my zen got totalled just about 2 months back .. The insurance claim on that itself is pending to an amount of 2L .. Dad doesnt want to claim insurance on this and block this claim too .. Also it could have an impact on the release of the zen's claim .. I hope u got it ?? More over im looking at getting the car ready for speedrun , claiming insurance for which im sure my car wont be ready for the rest of the month let alone speedrun ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
That makes sense, it means your car hit the tyre/wheel of the santro. It translates to a lot of impact having been transferred to santro's suspension bars and in turn to the chasis... no wonder he didn't have any major damage to the body!
Yes very true .. Thats exactly what happened ..
Old 12th April 2006, 18:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHAT the santro got a small dent and your baleno Front bumper , bonnet , condensor and radiator have gone kaput ... what is the santro made of IRON???

i agree with Steeroid.. stay off the wheel for some time bro...
Talking of Santro, I saw an accident in which a Mahindra Jeep (with a Chasis...one of the CJ serier I guess) rear ended a Santro....while the rear of the Santro took hit, it was drivable...however the Chasis of this Jeep developed a bend and the driver floor became convex...it had to be towed away from the scene...
Am no Santro fan...in fact far from it but just stating what I and a friend saw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks