Team-BHP - Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/110891-nissan-micra-diesel-edit-140-000-km-10-years-happy-ownership-14.html)

My Micra has completed 127000 kms and nearing 8 years. Since its being used by my dad the cant comment much. I drove it last week and its feels as new as it was on day one. Negligible signs of aging inside or outside. Apart from routine service suspension and fuel line have been changed once in last 3 years/ 30000 kms.
The second micra has issues with sensors. It refuses to start if baked in sun for long. At times it just refused to start, at times AC wont work. Response from company isnt great either. Was taken to service centre for couple of times but in vain. That car is being used sparingly. Plan to sell it soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 4603295)
My Micra has completed 127000 kms and nearing 8 years. Since its being used by my dad the cant comment much. I drove it last week and its feels as new as it was on day one. Negligible signs of aging inside or outside. Apart from routine service suspension and fuel line have been changed once in last 3 years/ 30000 kms.
The second micra has issues with sensors. It refuses to start if baked in sun for long. At times it just refused to start, at times AC wont work. Response from company isnt great either. Was taken to service centre for couple of times but in vain. That car is being used sparingly. Plan to sell it soon.

I had a similar problem with my Micra Diesel. Intermediately it would refuse to start. After a couple of visits to Nissan service centre with no positive results. I gave it to an FNG with good knowledge of electrical. Within two days, he found the problem to be a dirty crankshaft position sensor. Just cleaning of crankshaft position sensor solved the problem permanently. Hope it helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 4603295)

Well done!

My 2010 petrol Micra AT (K13) has completed 166,000kms and it still drives & handles like brand new too. Speaks volumes about the build quality of old Nissans. Apart from routine oil changes, wear & tear replacements, it has only left me stranded once due to a blown relay. Apart from that, at 100,000kms I had to change the ignition coils as they started to misfire.

Safe to say, with minimal periodic maintenance, this car can easily last beyond 200,000kms. Your diesel manual will last even longer due to its old school mechanicals.

Glad to share that my Micra has clocked down 140,000 kms and is nearing 10 years. The engine is as peppy as on day one. Inside and outside hardly any signs of aging.

Faced an issue with battery/ keyless entry. At times car refuses to start when the push button is pressed, absolutely no response. Once the issue was traced down to a loose battery terminal. The remote battery was changed (twice) on other occasions. Since I was not around nor was I consulted when the issue cropped up, can't really say, what the root cause is. Hopefully it is just the loose terminal or a remote battery problem.

Except for this issue my dad is super happy with the car. No part failures, no rattles, only normal wear and tear. Hope this post is a booster shot for those planning to buy Maginte/ Kicks.

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-img_8202.jpg

With ban on 10 years old diesel cars in Delhi I am considering replacing the car. My father, who primarily uses the car, stays 150 kms from Delhi, needs the car for local running and to visit his relatives in NCR once or twice a month. When I drove the car on my visit home, I found it hard to part away with such a perfectly running car; utterly reliable, zero niggles, zero rattles, comfortable, good mileage, punchy performance. The re sale value will not be more than 1.5 lacs.
My requirement is a hatchback/ compact sedan, safe, reliable, petrol, with/ without AT, 4-5 years old, budget 5-6 lakhs.
One option is to keep the car for another five years, and use a taxi to NCR. However finding a taxi at times can be a problem.
Another option is lateral upgrade to a 4-5 yrs old Liva or Jazz or amaze (I guess the only cars in price bracket with 4 star + safety rating)
Last Option is to give my wife's two years old, 8k km run Jazz VX CVT to dad and get wifey a 5th gen City CVT. Will stretch my budget but will keep everyone happy.

Greetings everyone
My car has undergone major repairs this month. There was a check engine light coming on long drives and after a minute of so the engine will stall. No issues on short drives. The car was taken to a Nissan service centre who quoted a bill close to 1.2 lacs with no guarantee that this will solve the problem. The car was then sent to a reliable and reputed FNG in Noida who traced the issue to the BCM which was replaced with an old one. The fuel pump and injectors were also serviced along with fuel tank cleaning. Probably a bad fuel was at some highway pump was the culprit. Also the rear hub bearings, and front suspension mounts were replaced. Got the car polished, alloys sand blasted and interiors dry cleaned. The bill was close to a Lac. Of late the vehicle was poorly maintained due to lockdowns and closure of Nissan service centre close to my town. Now I have no choice but to keep this car for long. Another major expense coming up is timing belt replacement and tyre replacement. Hope to have trouble free ownership for atleast 3-4 years.
Before this repair we were considering Magnite as a replacement. However the service centre experience made us think otherwise. Add to this the recent repair bill.

Any updates on the car as of now?

I'm also driving my mom's 2013 micra xv diesel and I have fallen in love with how amazing it is to drive around and the mileage it gives in city conditions in bangalore and Chennai. It has only clocked 37k on odo so long way to go. Recent replaced the front brake pads, all tire swap to yokohama FE30, a battery swap and the engine timing belt. The service centres are horrible which makes me similarly reluctant to go for a magnite or kicks but since I'm in chennai I am happy to give it at IgNite Garage. I wanted to get an idea about the possible repairs and costs that creeup up from hereon. Mom now wants to replace the car with something high riding and more suvish character but I refuse to sell this because of the pleasure to drive compared to all other hatchback except the polo :) and also the unwanted financial stress. If nothing I'd rather buy a new one without selling this if it is happy to run for another 5 to 6 years. I was also thinking of remapping it from wolfmoto for a higher power and torque tune but I don't have any feedback from people who has already done these so a bit reluctant to go ahead without knowing any stress points to the car for a higher tune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkaiDrive (Post 5354858)
I wanted to get an idea about the possible repairs and costs that creeup up from hereon.

The car is running fine as of now. This issues I faced are already mentioned. Except for BCM the rest can be blamed to poor quality fuel on highways. Another issue that I faced was due to water seeping into the fuse box (probably due to washing of engine bay) requiring replacement of fuse box. My father has made up his mind to sell of the car as nearest reliable garage that can handle this car is 150 kms away. There are no quality issues, rusting, rattles so far. Well in your case I will suggest to keep the car if you have access to a good garage near by. Finding a good replacement is tough. We test drove every petrol car on this of 10 lacs and nothing can match the peppy nature of Micra’s Diesel. Brezza/ Urban cruiser seems to be the only options with stretch of budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkaiDrive (Post 5354858)

I'm also driving my mom's 2013 micra xv diesel and I have fallen in love with how amazing it is to drive around and the mileage it gives in city conditions in bangalore and Chennai. It has only clocked 37k on odo so long way to go. Recent replaced the front brake pads, all tire swap to yokohama FE30

How's the car looking now? I'm also in Chennai and recently got a general service done by a local mechanic. My car is at 117k kms. But there are some issues like keyless not working, the left mirror not autoclosing and a hesitant start. Timing belt replacement is also upcoming job. Can you suggest me any competent FNG in Chennai who's got good experience working on micra or k9k engine?