Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 22:43   #76
BHPian

re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
In between, we are holding back our purchase of Micra for the moment. I want to wait till the Auto Expo to see the Pulse (Really love the sports version of it in Yellow). I hope they just don't compromise on the safety of that.
Autoexpo is worth await. Pulse i think is Micra with a different badge Some how i feel nissan is a safer bet than renaults. but safety kit and price will decide it all. I am finding the light steering of micra more comfortable at high speeds, anything over 100 kmph used to scare me off now i am quite comfortable even at 140kmph.
Did you check out the mileage during your TD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
bravo82in: Any further update for us to chew on those unbelievable fuel efficiency figures.
The update i have for you is that I am getting b/w 21-22 kmpl in Delhi's Traffic.
I think i am the only one on earth claiming these figures, not even ARAI or even Nissan itself. Please check out for those figures yourself if you are planning to go for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Hi bravo,
I wanted a clarification. The XV version does not come with a rear spoiler. So did you get it done extra at the dealer. If so, how much did it cost you ?
I paid 5072/- extra for the spoiler. This is one point i missed in my accessories list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
hey guys, first of all what a fantastic buy, and a good decision. micra is all quality and best urban hatch. and the mileage figures are mind numbing! well but so is the design choice for your alloys. (a bit too funky for my taste) they look pimp but man they are really whacked out

mileage mantra: i read this somewhere,to really get superb mileage you have drive exactly at 90 km/hr and not 80 km/hr.(why i don't know) but the magic number is 90. and you must have the window glass rolled up,(it helps to achieve aerodynamics performance, less drag with smoother wind flow.(u got your mileage without AC i presume) obviously windows not rolled up. so its doesn't make sense in india because u just have to use AC with windows rolled up.it may or may not make that much of a difference.
Thanks Caramelo. Quality and reliability was my buying mantra and micra didnt
let me down. The Alloys, i agree are bit (toooo) funky but go well with the kind of guy i am if not with the car.

Yes i got those fig with ac off and windows rolled up and Dad sitting next to me!! 80 or 90 i can never understand the logic. My magic fig was 2000 rpm and not speedo reading. I just ensured not to cross the 2000 mark.

Last edited by bravo82in : 28th December 2011 at 22:45.
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 23:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
At rajiv chowk Distance 143+11 kms FE 28.3 kmpl
Man, you are getting double mileage of what I am getting. Check out this pic of my Micra here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2622878

I am getting steady 15 kmpl ! But now I am jealous!!
Old 31st December 2011, 18:40   #78
BHPian

@ W.A.G.7 U did 4000 kms in 1.5 yrs, i did the same in 2 months. Hope this applies sum palm to ur pocket.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:48   #79

Its been a month I acquired a Nissan Micra XV Diesel (Pacific Blue) and thought I should share my experience of the first 30 days.

The car was purchased from Bhagat Nissan in Mohali, Punjab on Christmas eve. I initially asked to order the Spring Green colour but was told that the green color is now a special order since almost no-one seems to want one. The official also informed me that should I decide to go ahead with green, I would have to wait til February with an increased price and I wouldn't be offered any of the current discounts (free insurance) or extras (mats, flaps etc.). It eventually cost me 6.04 lacs on road.

And so I chose the blue, the only other sporty colour in stock. By choosing the blue, I also had to opt for the older dCI version since the newer XV Pure Drive versions were available only in black and white. Black just doesn't complement the form of the Micra (especially in the front grill area). I was already driving a white Indica DLS before this and had no further interest in white. Further, the PureDrive versions have changes I can really do without. So blue it was!

Its now 30 days and I've driven about 700kms. The FE reading has been climbing from the day I first drove it. It first rose rapidly to 18 within the city and then to 23 when I made my first highway run to Delhi (260kms). Driving around in Delhi during the day has brought it down to a constantly shuttling 21.8 - 22. I presume it shall climb more as I get more fluent with the powerful engine (compared to my earlier Indica), drive a lot more and show it the respect it deserves. I agree with the earlier posts that 80km/h and 2000rpm is the best for the FE (from my experience watching the FE meter).

The keyless entry requires a little getting used to. Getting in and out is a breeze, but you do have to imagine weird key-centric situations and think of what happens then. But these are 'weird' situations so you'll never face a problem in day to day life.

The turning radius is so amazing it has to be experienced for itself. Helps me tons in Delhi's notorious parking labyrinths.

Some complain that the Micra backseat is low and needs support (which the PureDrive fixed) but I think its just great that I get a better rear-view this way.

The ORVMs being automatic are an excellent feature too, though you can switch off their automatic mode by a simple switch. The beam height adjuster is also very convenient, especially on certain inclined roads.

I find the upholstery (greige) a little more beige than grey so I definitely have to go for seat covers. I've been scouring Delhi fabric markets for some bold prints to go with the Micra image but its tough as consumer preferences are all black and grey.

As a whole, after having test driven the Polo, Figo and Swift several times, the Micra came across as second skin instantaneously. I spent a good 3 months mulling over features, feel, fuel and brand image and decided on the Micra. Not a word of regret!
pinksaturday is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 08:39   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksaturday View Post
Its been a month I acquired a Nissan Micra XV Diesel (Pacific Blue) and thought I should share my experience of the first 30 days.
My apologies for the late response
Finally my Micra D has company now.
Micra is an excellent car; ever km of drive will deepen your love for this car.
Why not start a new thread??
Old 8th March 2012, 09:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I want to wait till the Auto Expo to see the Pulse (Really love the sports version of it in Yellow). I hope they just don't compromise on the safety of that.
What about your plans of going for the Pulse? It has been there for a while. The exteriors seem to be better than the Micra, though i am yet to see the car on road.
Old 8th March 2012, 10:24   #82

Quote:
My apologies for the late response
Why not start a new thread??
Well, I noticed here at teambhp, its kind of a nice culture for posts to be limited and categorised by title, so I thought its best for me to latch on to your ownership post. I hope others do so as well!

OWNERSHIP UPDATE AT 4600 Kms

So its now 4600 kms and I'm at 2.5 months of driving bliss with the Micra dCi XV. Thats about 2000 kms a month, with an almost equal mix of the city and the highway.

The car went for her 1000km free tuning in January, and well, it was just a general health check. The dealer Bhagat Nissan followed a decent checking protocol, but the workers that examined the car did not have gloves on, and thats not good news for the Micra's 'greige' interior. I made them clean it up, but the long due seat covers are on a 'NOW' list.

A week or so later, my wife and I took a 2045 km roadtrip across Rajasthan (Delhi-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Ajmer-Delhi). The on-screen average has now risen to 24.6, with a peak of 24.9 on the highway. I checked on this with the tank full to tank full method and the result was 23.2; so I'm quite satisfied with that.

I'm also much more fluent now with the controls - especially blind-feeling the ORVM knob, headlight beam adjust, the music volume, A/C etc.

We drove a lot at night through this Rajasthan trip so the day/night mirror was a blessing, and so was the headlight (it is way too bright with a great side coverage). On deserted stretches, I did use the highest angle of the high beam, and its absolutely amazing. Its like lighting up kilometers of road ahead (bit exaggerated!).

The brakes everyone complains about on the Micra is not an issue unless you are THAT kind of a driver who gets into situations you have to brake yourself out of. I drive at constant 90km/h on highways, with occasional zips of 110km/h. Only needed to emergency brake once when I did not see a rumble strip of speed breakers. I shall admit that ABS would have been nice, but driving discipline compensates a lot for that. If we allow accidents to stay solely 'accidents' in the true sense of the word - neither will ABS save you, nor shall weak brakes instill fear in you.

As for city driving, the Micra Diesel is truly a relaxer with its semi-high roof, absolutely ergonomic seat/steering placement (think original indica), totally free left knee space (the polo test drive gave me nightmares on this), wide and freely visible rear views and SUCH a words-are-not-enough ability to crawl up with four people on crazy mall parking slopes.

Okay so thats the great part! Now for the two little cosmetic issues I noticed. My Micra, parked under a tree in my neighbourhood, somehow invited an absolutely un-manicured dog to climb upon itself at night. The dog's claw marks are now a permanent exhibit on the car bonnet. I kind of noticed this before buying the Micra too, but the paint quality is a tad weak. The paint job is perfect, but the paint itself is very sensitive to scratches. A white car works better in this regard, but my pacific blue now has the blues! A OE Micra cover is now the only solution to prevent any more marks.

The other issue was encountered while washing/cleaning the roof one evening. I pulled at the roof beading to clean out some dirt from underneath it. The beading snapped out (as any beading would), but I noticed it was adhered with some sort of a rubber foam, which came off. So now the beading does not sit back in perfectly. I need to share this with the dealer soon or I might lose the beading one of these days.

So thats my report at 2.5 months/4600 kms, I am absolutely satisfied with this little Diesel beast, with only minor cosmetic issues. As the 1st service is at 10000kms and might take 3-4 more months, I might just update once before that.

For anyone reading this review and considering a Micra Diesel, I'll just say that you need to test-drive it to believe it!
Old 8th March 2012, 11:25   #83
BHPian

Quote:
What about your plans of going for the Pulse? It has been there for a while. The exteriors seem to be better than the Micra, though i am yet to see the car on road.
My family do not want a second hatch at home. We got our swift in december. I will be looking for a sedan or an SUV.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:40   #84
BHPian

Quote:
My family do not want a second hatch at home. We got our swift in december. I will be looking for a sedan or an SUV.
Congratulations for the new swift

New sedan or SUV!! thats an excellent idea!!! which ones are there in your mind??
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 13:06   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a friend's Sunny a few days ago. Micra with a boot!

But it is more than that: there is heaps of back-seat legroom, and the boot is really generous in size. Seems to me to be a lot of car for the money. Definately worth a look if the Micra is out just because it is a hatchback.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 14:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I saw a friend's Sunny a few days ago. Micra with a boot!

But it is more than that: there is heaps of back-seat legroom, and the boot is really generous in size. Seems to me to be a lot of car for the money. Definately worth a look if the Micra is out just because it is a hatchback.
infact my parents loved sunny a lot. The space and finish attracted my dad. I am not a huge fan of it. Anyway I not in a hurry for new car right away. Sometime in June I will start the Hunt. had my eyes on XUV5oo but will wait some more time on it after Aria experience
Old 8th March 2012, 14:22   #87

Congrats buddy! nice to hear about your mileage - 33 kmpl is like wow!! you please keep us updated on the mileage part. I thought the figo giving 23 - 24 is great but this has made me speechless

the alloys look awesome on your car and nice color too.
all the best, regards, Josh
joshuthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 14:56   #88
BANNED

Congrats for your Micra buddy...I am also contemplating buying one...Did you check out the spare parts cost?
Old 8th April 2012, 13:00   #89
BHPian

Hi Micra Diesel Owners!

Can you please draw a comparison between Micra, New Swift & Figo diesels in the following areas:

1. Easy to drive inside City & on highways, lighter controls.
2. NVH in side & outside the car.
3. High speed stability.
4. Performance of the engine both at low & high end.
5. Likely maintenance cost.
6. Reliability.
7. Likely resale price.
8. Highest sustainable speed on open highways which can be maintained for hours , just imagine there is no traffic & the tarmac is perfect.

Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 14:57   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a little gold Micra parked next to my big (by comparison: I was quite surprised at the difference) blue Polo. I can't claim the Micra didn't tug at a heartstring.

The size is just perfect for single or couple driving and would make easy[er] work of city lanes and back streets.

Most Viewed