Team-BHP - Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/110891-nissan-micra-diesel-edit-140-000-km-10-years-happy-ownership-12.html)

My car has clocked down 65000 kms and is running strong. Pretty happy with the product and built quality.
1. Switched over from Sterling Nissan to Sidheshwar Nissan, Gurgaon for my last two services. Not so happy with the service experience.

2.The service bill was close to Rs 6500/- each time (It was always on a higher side with Sterling Nissan)

3.The front suspension changed under extended warranty at 54000 kms.

4.After the last service (64000 kms) i could find oil seeping from suspension, though the suspension was working fine. Went back to service centre and spoke to the service manager. He says as long as the suspension is working fine i should not worry about the oil seepage. Its there even in new cars. Though i doubt his version i still have 8 months for the extended warranty to expire. Comments from experts here would be of great help.

5. The AC went non functional after the service. I was in another city when i realised it. Went to a local mechanic who said " sir, Gas leak ho gayi hai". He couldnt find the source of leakage. Got the gas refilled and the ac is working fine. It appears that the Service centre retrieved the compressor gas, Easy money as summers are approaching.

6. I always missed the auto door lock feature in my car (Its there in later models). The workshop mechanic activated this in less than 10 secs but refused to share the secret. :D

7. Wheel alignment is in prefect alignment even at 65000 kms. :thumbs up. Though i get it done every 10000 to 15000kms there was never a need for readjustment.

8. No quality issues so far, no rattles, no dash board noise, the car is running perfectly fine.

Over all very happy with the car and big thumbs down to the service centres. Will get all the future services done right in front of my eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 3643041)
4.After the last service (64000 kms) i could find oil seeping from suspension, though the suspension was working fine. Went back to service centre and spoke to the service manager. He says as long as the suspension is working fine i should not worry about the oil seepage. Its there even in new cars. Though i doubt his version i still have 8 months for the extended warranty to expire. Comments from experts here would be of great help.

6. I always missed the auto door lock feature in my car (Its there in later models). The workshop mechanic activated this in less than 10 secs but refused to share the secret. :D

Oil seepage is due to faulty seals. It will make your suspension damping weaker as more oil leaks, and you'll end up with a really bouncy car that doesn't grip very well. Don't accept faulty suspension, please. Ask the manager to give what he said in writing, that new cars also leak oil, and tell him you intend to check with the regional manager.

You should have just asked here no? Tbhp is pretty good at solving problems :)

1. Turn the electricals on. This means the step before ignition, where all the warning lights in your instrument cluster turn on.
2. Hold down the 'door lock' button for five seconds. (Or was it 'unlock'? I forget.) If you're doing it right, the hazard lamps will flash on their own a couple of times.

You've just toggled the auto-lock feature in your Micra.

1. Thanks a lot for the door auto lock toggle feature. Is there a door auto unlock feature on turning off the ignition as well??

2.The front suspension went almost non functional in another 1000 kms of driving. Took the car to the same workshop. The workshop manager was promised to replace it under warranty but says will need time as he needs a reply back and confirmation from the company. Hope it will be done today. I have my own doubts now. Both the AC and front suspension went kaput after the service. There were clear indications that the AC gas was removed at the service centre itself. I have strong reasons to believe that the front suspension might have either been replaced or damaged at the service center itself. Is it possible to damage to oil seals physically?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 3648776)
1. Thanks a lot for the door auto lock toggle feature. Is there a door auto unlock feature on turning off the ignition as well??

2.The front suspension went almost non functional in another 1000 kms of driving. Took the car to the same workshop. The workshop manager was promised to replace it under warranty but says will need time as he needs a reply back and confirmation from the company. Hope it will be done today. I have my own doubts now. Both the AC and front suspension went kaput after the service. There were clear indications that the AC gas was removed at the service centre itself. I have strong reasons to believe that the front suspension might have either been replaced or damaged at the service center itself. Is it possible to damage to oil seals physically?

I don't think there is an auto-unlock-on-ignition-off feature - and I like it that way. I'm one of the more paranoid ones at stop lights; I like to turn my engine off, but I don't want my doors to unlock.

Oil seals are rubber parts, and need to be... rubbery, for want of a better word. As with tyres, that flexibility comes from the oil component in the rubber. In our hot weather conditions, that oil starts evaporating quickly, which makes rubber parts brittle very quickly. Another thing that doesn't help is the high dust and mud levels. Sand is mostly silica, aka quartz, which is rated 7 on Moh's scale of mineral hardness. Very few things are harder - and this sand gets in the way of the seals and as the shock moves, they carve their own little paths along the seal. That's when the streaks on the inner tube start, then the leaks.

That's the theory bit. Specifically about your problem, he's put faulty suspension on, whether it is because they are old damper units or defective ones is moot. The problem isn't at your end, so you shouldn't worry about the way you're using your car.

Hi there!
I'm also a happy, satisfied micra owner of a similar batch of may 2011. Bought micra for its retro styling and Japanese quality.
Done over 65k without a major problem.
Had similar problems problem of leaking front suspension after around 50k kms, got mine changed under extended warranty from Libra Nissan in Dwarka.
Had some grunting sound coming from the front right side bearings, which was not replaced under extended warranty. But overall a good car, never fails to put a smile on my face.

75000 kms of happy ownership. No major issues. Happy with the services of sterling Nissan. The Workshop Manager Mr Anil is really a supportive man. The workshop did some software upgrade.
1. Auto lock at 20 kmph and auto unlock at ignition off. ( Auto unlock is much needed to access the boot and rear doors, else one has to manually unlock each time)
2. Follow me home headlights feature.

Second Micra joined the family last week Diesel XL optional. Comes with new steering wheel, steering mounted audio controls, vanity mirror, Chrome inner door handles, USB support, ABS and EBD. There is no passenger air bag though.

Front shot

Name:  Front shot.png
Views: 3528
Size:  640.2 KB

The new steering wheel with audio controls

Name:  Steering.png
Views: 3724
Size:  737.7 KB

Speedo display has better readable larger fonts.

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-speedo-display.png

Vanity mirror is welcome.

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-vanity-mirror.png

My Second Micra has started giving hiccups. Today morning it refused to start. The road side assistance was roped in and car towed to workshop. Provisional diagnosis is a auto ignition switch failure. This issue was with vehicle manufactured till march 2015. Mine is May 2015 manufactured. Surprising. The car has just clocked 500 kms

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3532125)
Hi, a few queries.

Does your a/c compressor switch on and off too intermittently? Do you experience any slightest drag on the acceleration with this intermittent on/off? Does the a/c come on with a loud hiss in the mornings?

Yes I've also noticed this hiss on my 2015 Micra Active Petrol. Has been there since the beginning. Planning to get it looked at during the upcoming first service.

I am really pissed off with the NVH of the car when the A/C is on. The compressor cuts off and on very frequently say every minute. And whenever it comes on, the whole car shakes a bit if idling, and if driving, it is felt on the accelerator pedal and a momentary pull back in the the power delivery. This is very annoying.

Can anybody throw some light on the NVH characteristics of the Micra diesel? What should I check up at the service center?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3886108)
Can anybody throw some light on the NVH characteristics of the Micra diesel? What should I check up at the service center?

NVH levels of micra diesel are on a higher side compared to current generation diesel hatchbacks. In my case the NVH levels are high on initial cold start up but onces the engine heats up (10-15 mins) the NVH level settles down to practically none.
With or without AC there is no change in noise level. When idling i can make out the compressor going on and off but there is no shaking and frequency is very less.
When accelerating if the compressors turns on there is a momentary loss of pull power. I experience this on hard accelerations in extreme hot weather(40-45 C) but it never affects my driving and certainly not as frequently as you are experiencing.
I recommend taking the car to a workshop that is old and established. I hope the car is under warranty. You may also email to customer care. Their response is usually good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 3886287)
With or without AC there is no change in noise level. When idling i can make out the compressor going on and off but there is no shaking and frequency is very less.

Thanks for sharing.

I did actually time the compressor cutting off and coming on every 12 seconds or so. Strange I say! Is it the same in yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3887565)
Thanks for sharing.

I did actually time the compressor cutting off and coming on every 12 seconds or so. Strange I say! Is it the same in yours?

This is not normal. Get your ac checked. Does it happen only on idle or it happens even while running?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 3887574)
This is not normal. Get your ac checked. Does it happen only on idle or it happens even while running?

Mostly noticed at idle but I believe it is there while running too. I can experience slight jolts on my foot whenever the compressor turns on. Otherwise the overall NVH is too bad for this to get noticed. Recently I hired a 17k kms run zoomcar Swift diesel and was mighty impressed with the NVH of engine, gearbox, gear shifter and pedal; these items are pathetic in the Micra in terms of NVH except the accelerator pedal which is nicely insulated.

I had a leaking a/c pipe and Nissan ASC has replaced it long back; from that time, I was not happy with the a/c performance and I believe this has creeped up afterwards. But I need to make sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3887585)
Mostly noticed at idle but I believe it is there while running too.

If it's mostly during idle, it could be due to a faulty ac fan, loose contact in Ac fan, or a blown fuse.

Can even be a temperature sensor issue. Regardless, get it checked thoroughly.

One of my uncles own a Nissan Micra Petrol. He raised concerns about the cost of servicing. His 40,000 service costed above 10,000 INR.