Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th June 2019, 09:48   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 127k kms/ 8 years of happy ownership

My Micra has completed 127000 kms and nearing 8 years. Since its being used by my dad the cant comment much. I drove it last week and its feels as new as it was on day one. Negligible signs of aging inside or outside. Apart from routine service suspension and fuel line have been changed once in last 3 years/ 30000 kms.
The second micra has issues with sensors. It refuses to start if baked in sun for long. At times it just refused to start, at times AC wont work. Response from company isnt great either. Was taken to service centre for couple of times but in vain. That car is being used sparingly. Plan to sell it soon.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:13   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
My Micra has completed 127000 kms and nearing 8 years. Since its being used by my dad the cant comment much. I drove it last week and its feels as new as it was on day one. Negligible signs of aging inside or outside. Apart from routine service suspension and fuel line have been changed once in last 3 years/ 30000 kms.
The second micra has issues with sensors. It refuses to start if baked in sun for long. At times it just refused to start, at times AC wont work. Response from company isnt great either. Was taken to service centre for couple of times but in vain. That car is being used sparingly. Plan to sell it soon.
I had a similar problem with my Micra Diesel. Intermediately it would refuse to start. After a couple of visits to Nissan service centre with no positive results. I gave it to an FNG with good knowledge of electrical. Within two days, he found the problem to be a dirty crankshaft position sensor. Just cleaning of crankshaft position sensor solved the problem permanently. Hope it helps.
Power Freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:00   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Well done!

My 2010 petrol Micra AT (K13) has completed 166,000kms and it still drives & handles like brand new too. Speaks volumes about the build quality of old Nissans. Apart from routine oil changes, wear & tear replacements, it has only left me stranded once due to a blown relay. Apart from that, at 100,000kms I had to change the ignition coils as they started to misfire.

Safe to say, with minimal periodic maintenance, this car can easily last beyond 200,000kms. Your diesel manual will last even longer due to its old school mechanicals.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 23:00   #199
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership

Glad to share that my Micra has clocked down 140,000 kms and is nearing 10 years. The engine is as peppy as on day one. Inside and outside hardly any signs of aging.

Faced an issue with battery/ keyless entry. At times car refuses to start when the push button is pressed, absolutely no response. Once the issue was traced down to a loose battery terminal. The remote battery was changed (twice) on other occasions. Since I was not around nor was I consulted when the issue cropped up, can't really say, what the root cause is. Hopefully it is just the loose terminal or a remote battery problem.

Except for this issue my dad is super happy with the car. No part failures, no rattles, only normal wear and tear. Hope this post is a booster shot for those planning to buy Maginte/ Kicks.

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-img_8202.jpg
bravo82in is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed