Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 23:43   #106
BHPian

re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
My Micra has completed 5000 kms in less than 2 months of ownership...It has been a hassle-free ride till date...Touchwood...The FE I am getting is around 18 in city traffic with 100% AC on and 26-28 on highways with 100% AC...If driving between 60-70 kmph on an open road/ highway, I easily get 32-36...Yet to get the 1st service done...Very happy with my decision of purchasing the lil bug...
I have put a query on FE on Sunny ownership thread of GTO. Feel to repost it here which is the more appropriate thread. Your FE figures seem to be based on MID of the car, which are often misleading. It may however inform an indicative FE. Have you measured FE by tank full method & have you find out the error of MID. In my case ( Verna 1.6 CRDI), the error of MID is +10%, i.e when MID FE is 20 km/lit, actual FE by TFM comes to approx. 18 km/lit. Please also inform your FE figures of 32-36 is with or without AC & kind of load inside the car and 26-28 (with 100% AC) is at what speed?

After your first service, do update your experience.

Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 13:05   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I have put a query on FE on Sunny ownership thread of GTO. Feel to repost it here which is the more appropriate thread. Your FE figures seem to be based on MID of the car, which are often misleading. It may however inform an indicative FE. Have you measured FE by tank full method & have you find out the error of MID. In my case ( Verna 1.6 CRDI), the error of MID is +10%, i.e when MID FE is 20 km/lit, actual FE by TFM comes to approx. 18 km/lit. Please also inform your FE figures of 32-36 is with or without AC & kind of load inside the car and 26-28 (with 100% AC) is at what speed?

After your first service, do update your experience.

Thanks
The difference between MID and TFM is around 1.5 - 2.0 kmpl. The FE of 32-36 and 26-28 is with AC and load of 3-4...32-36 can be easily achieved with speed of 60-70 kmph and 26-28 I got on a trip to Panipat where speed ranged between 80-120. I will get the service done after 1500 kms or so and will update...
Old 26th September 2012, 17:41   #108

Its update time again for my Micra dCi (XV Diesel) - 14000 kms full of city, state and national highways and 9 months full of a New Delhi winter, summer, monsoon, first service, under-tree parking and the occasional dog-on-roof situation!

On the whole, I'm more than happy. Can never fall out of love with its driver comfort, ergonomic fit, very un-diesel like pickup and the fact that its the only dash of colour (bright blue) in my typical white and silver dominated morose DDA neighbourhood.

What I'm not so happy about is the drop in mileage in the summer. The AC has run throughout the summer months and the car computed figure has dropped to the 20-21 km/l range. By the tank full method, the drop is steeper and its about 16-16.5 km/l. I assume this shall rise again now that the days are cooler, the AC usage shall drop and I'm also going to be more highway bound.

Everything else has been great. The first service went off smooth with Bhagat Nissan in Mohali, Punjab. A bit higher than expected 4500 Rs. but going by a service interval of 10000 kms, I'm more than okay. I must add here though that my conversations with the technical folks at Bhagat Nissan left me wondering if they really knew or understood this car very well. I had an issue with the wiper fluid spray angle, which had changed since I bought the car. I asked for it to be rectified, but was told the angle is fixed and can never change or be changed. After a month from the service, the angle of spray has changed again and I have little clue of whats up. I could change my earlier Indica's nozzle angle just by inserting a pin. The Micra nozzles are beyond my understanding.

Oh and the car made its first hill trip with a visit to the extremely beautiful Lansdowne hill station in Uttarakhand. Great trip, the Micra climbs slopes like butter (well wrong metaphor - I just mean its a no-stress thing). The car headlamps need to be mentioned again - they're huge for a hatchback and light up the road like crazy, which is amazing for the hills at night.

So lets see, my Micra Diesel has now accomplished one desert, a mountain range and so its time to head to the sea. This shall be our longest trip to date. Plan to head out from Delhi down south via Mumbai to Hampi, the ghats and come back from an entirely different route that's more central than the very well developed western quadrilateral. Shall update once thats done!

For people visiting this post and considering the Micra Diesel - this really is a great car. Drive simpler, live better!
pinksaturday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 22:16   #109
BHPian

Hello friends, in the last couple of days, I have read news about significant price reduction of Nissan Micra in the UK. Just search with keyword for "Nissan Micra" to locate these news links at google news URL. I have also read about Nissan coming up with a lower cost version of Micra in 2013. Does somebody have some confirmation about any price reduction for India in the coming weeks ? Regards, Ajay
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:27   #110
BANNED

I am facing a problem with my Micra Diesel...The car has run 12500 kms in 4 months...Everytime I brake, a screeching noise comes and this noise sometimes comes while driving too...I got the brake pads cleaned but the noise started again after a couple of days...Micra owners, have u also had such problem? If yes, what can be the remedy...
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:47   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
I am facing a problem with my Micra Diesel...The car has run 12500 kms in 4 months...Everytime I brake, a screeching noise comes and this noise sometimes comes while driving too...I got the brake pads cleaned but the noise started again after a couple of days...Micra owners, have u also had such problem? If yes, what can be the remedy...
Its the pads of course. I'm getting the screeching pads sound at 17000 kms. Will live with it for a month or so then get the pads changed at the 20K service. I don't think it makes much sense to clean. The screeching sound will only go away for maybe a week or so unless the pads are replaced.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:56   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksaturday View Post
Its the pads of course. I'm getting the screeching pads sound at 17000 kms. Will live with it for a month or so then get the pads changed at the 20K service. I don't think it makes much sense to clean. The screeching sound will only go away for maybe a week or so unless the pads are replaced.
I am also thinking of replacing the pads at the 20k service which would come in 1.5 month i guess. Would you change the brake disc as well? Otherwise the car is running fantastically well and I am currently I am getting FE of 24 - 25 on Delhi roads without AC!
Old 24th November 2012, 18:52   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know about the Micra but...

Screeching is built in to some disk-brake systems to warn that pads need replacing.
Old 25th November 2012, 00:20   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

17,000 kms is way too low for brake pads to be replaced. Is there any inherent problems with Micra brake pads? Additionally you guys may look at performance pads, which might last more, added with better braking capability and a higher price (which I think may be worth every penny).
Old 26th November 2012, 11:55   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
17,000 kms is way too low for brake pads to be replaced. Is there any inherent problems with Micra brake pads? Additionally you guys may look at performance pads, which might last more, added with better braking capability and a higher price (which I think may be worth every penny).
Yes, I agree 17000 is too low for brake pads to be replaced...Hey will putting performance pads affect the car warranty in any way?
Old 26th November 2012, 12:32   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain

Yes, I agree 17000 is too low for brake pads to be replaced...Hey will putting performance pads affect the car warranty in any way?
Since you are just 'replacing' the part, it shall be considered as a stock replacement. Warranty shall be intact. Probably changing rotors etc will affect it.
Old 26th November 2012, 13:36   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since you are just 'replacing' the part, it shall be considered as a stock replacement. Warranty shall be intact. Probably changing rotors etc will affect it.
Do the just pads need to be replaced or is it necessary to get the discs also changed?
Old 26th November 2012, 15:06   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain

Do the just pads need to be replaced or is it necessary to get the discs also changed?
For usual wear & tear only the pads are replaced. Discs are replaced rarely & once its damaged in the long run. But as long as you replace the pads as & when required, your discs will run fine.
Old 26th January 2013, 16:29   #119
BHPian

Unbelievable Micra at 41.4 Kmpl
Though the effect lasted a few seconds but good enough to say cheers to Nissan!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-micra-41.4-kmpl.jpg  

bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 18:54   #120
BHPian

I have not updated the thread for a long time, and most important reason was my laziness
Here is the story so far

1 The car has completed 20000 km and is running fine. No rattles, no issues except one

2. Key light shows up in cluster once in a while. Took the car to sky Nissan. laptop connected and the software detects an error. The supervisor does some changes in laptop/ module ( Please let me know if there is a better word for it). I drive back home. Two days later the issue reoccurs, this time the engine wont kill on pressing the push button. The car is driven back, with a request to hold the car over night for trials. For 2 days the supervisor is clueless about the cause. Finally a relay is held culprit. (While installing the front film some water seeped into the relay causing it to malfunction). Alright replace it. I paid a bill of 3000/- (1500 for relay and 1500 as labor charge). 3 days later the issue reappears. Again car is back in workshop. They exchanged emails with the company. A clutch switch is replaced. The car runs fine for another 7 days. Again the cluster light for key blinks. On driving further it disappears on its own. This time there was no issue of car engine refusing to stop. Now they want to hold the car for atleast 7 days. Because of my own reasons i was never able to give the car for such extended periods. The issue occurs sporadically and disappears on its own.

3. A month later had an unfortunate accident. Dad was driving the car on highway, a pot hole causes the rt front tyre side wall to crack, Sudden loss of pressure, the car pulls to one side, and hits a truck running parallel. All occupants safe, Rear Rt side of car is badly damaged. Windshield develops a crack, ( no direct impact, probably a preexisting crack elongated). Sterling nissan is assigned the job to repair. Rear door and rear quarter are replaced, Tail light replaced. The insurance company refuses to cover the front glass ( On the grounds that it was a preexisting damage)Total bill 1300/-

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-micra.jpg

4. Few days later a safari owner overtakes too close to my car. Front bumper is stuck in bull bar and is extruded out. Bumper is not damaged but locks are broken. Repair cost 500/-

5. Discussed the issue of key light in cluster with sterling nissan guys, Even they seem clue less. The issue is yet to reoccur.

6. There are some paint corrosion marks on car roof. ( Is birds dropping the culprit?) Read it some where that birds droppings are not corrosive.

Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership-20130126_175300.jpg

Most Viewed