Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 09:45   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership

bravo,
Nice detailed report. Thanks for sharing.

The mileage you are getting is amazing. There must be something spot-on either in the car or your driving style.

Enjoy!
Old 12th November 2011, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very nice ownership review bravo82in. Wish you many happy miles with the Nissan.

The Micra D is quite a machine for the city. Great drivability, good fuel efficiency, spacious and a tight turning radius.

A few questions. Is the spare key a smart key too? And what happens if one try to open the door without pressing the sensor? Will the alarm go off?
And is the service interval every 5K even after 10,000 clicks? If so, isn't this a bit on the higher side?
Old 12th November 2011, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Nice review - Looks like it is a winner for city driving and the occasional highway. I wish I had milage like yours and in diesel. I would never walk again

The alloys look fast when standing still. Total VFM!
Old 12th November 2011, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Nice car dude. Congrats!!!! Great photos as well.
The mileage you are getting is also awesome man. If it is the one which is shown by the car display, i will suggest you to measure it using the tank-to-tank method. It will help you to get a more accurate figure, and help you to monitor your car's performance even better.
Congrats once again, and wish you many happy miles in this fab car. Drive safe.
Old 12th November 2011, 14:25   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Super report & includes most important points. I had an absolute blast when test-driving the Micra diesel, all thanks to that beautiful engine. The interior quality is endearing too. Too bad about Nissan's pricing strategy and removing some crucial bits from the diesel variant.

Thanks for sharing this review with us and do drive safe.
Old 12th November 2011, 23:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Light steering was not a complaint: it didn't even have power steering!
I think having no power steering is a boon than having a very 'easy' EPS unit sans feel; at least in a city hatch. Very nice and precise review thanks.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 12th November 2011 at 23:05.
Old 13th November 2011, 00:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree. In fact, it could well be left out of a car this size. I'd rather have air bags and ABS. Trouble is, people won't accept it not being there, even though the money could be more useful spent on other things.

I took over my mum's micra after she died. For the first day (I have no muscle) I wondered how an 89-yr-old had managed this (yes, she drove herself up to a few months before her death!). From the second day onwards, I just didn't notice any longer.
Old 13th November 2011, 09:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Micra Owership review
Average Kya Hai?
The most important question and my prime reason for buying this car. In city I am getting a mileage of 19-20 kmpl and on highway if u kill the Narain Karthikeyan inside you and don’t speed over 80kmph the mileage turns out to be 33kmpl. Yes! You read it right 33kmpl. I have tested it thrice on a stretch of 50 kms and every time it was b/w 32.4 to 33.7 kmpl. The sale executive told me he is getting a FE of 26 kmpl on a mixed drive and I thought he was joking.
These mileage figures are outstanding. A jump from 19 to 33 just by changing driving style is amazing. It reminds me of the TopGear episode where a BMW M3 and Toyota Prius were pit against each other for fuel economy. Outcome was M3 won just because of driving style.

Disclaimer: I am not certifying TopGear’s testing methodology
Old 13th November 2011, 10:01   #24

Yesterday I went for TD Micra with Sherrif Nissan chennai... He said TD vehicle went out and he promised me to provide today. Overall the package was good but sure they should provide ABS and USB support..He had only 2 vehicles in stock that too black color...and he promised me to provide accessories for 10K.But as per customer report he said city milaege will be around 17 KMPL...
Old 13th November 2011, 10:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

That is a very nice compact review and to the point.

I need a 3rd small car and was debating between Polo / i20 / Micra and I think a white Micra may just be the right choice.

33 kpl is unbeleivable. I am happy if I get anything over 16 as my Verna Diesel gives me 12 kpl.

Basically need a small car for around town chores and Agra has horrendous traffic. I think Micra makes a clean choice. I should pick up 1 in January.

How much was OTR in Gurgaon ?
Old 13th November 2011, 10:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

Nice ownership report. However, my request not to trust the trip computer for mileage calculations. Full tank to full tank method is the only reliable method to gauge FE calculations.
Old 13th November 2011, 11:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in
Average Kya Hai? The most important question and my prime reason for buying this car.
33kms ? Wow . This is using the famous renault engine commonly used in logan. I have heard good milage details from Logan users ( read cab drivers while driving back from Bangalore airports . They have each clocked 400K ams on the odo and still going great )

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 9th April 2012 at 16:22. Reason: quoted text shortened.
Old 14th November 2011, 09:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Micra. And seriously, 33kmpl!!! WOW!

Nissan should add the steering mounted controls and ABS to the Diesel premium variant. It will make it more appealing.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post

But, its the cute design and the FE that makes one smile. Enjoy it.
Barring the highway manners the car is good is all other aspects. The FE is something which is a complete paisa vasool.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post

One question though. I could not find the OEM tyre size for micra diesel on micra website. But from the looks of it, you have upsized the tyre for the alloys, but still have the OEM size tyre for spare. Could you please clarify this as well as let us know the OEM Size of the tyre.
If the size is different, then how big is the difference between OEM and your alloys. and finally, How do you plan to tackle the problem due to different size in the boot in case of a puncture considering the difference is tyre diameter in case there is a difference.
Thanks Himavanth. I did a lot of search to find the alloys that goes well with the looks and color of the car.
Tank to tank measure ill let u know in 2-3 days. Or another 900km to get the tank empty.
The OEM size is 165-70-R-14. I have upgraded to 175-65-R-14. The wall height for stock tyre was 165X 70 % = 115.5 mm. The upgraded wall height is 175X 65% = 113.75mm The difference is just 1.75 mm which is acceptable. And with tubeless tires one hardly gets a chance to use the spare wheel.
I appreciate ur observation power

Most Viewed