Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 14:58   #31
BHPian

re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 140,000 km / 10 years of happy ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The Micra is a curvy lady of a car, and I continue to find her very seductive. Anyway, not in the market just now, and keen to see what Nissan do with future models, especially with regard to safety features, which many of us really hope they will increase, especially on higher variants.
The curvy car is definitely a hit with the ladies. And i being a bachelor it a good bait With the FE I am getting it will not drill a hole in my pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the New diesel micra. I was in the hunt for a petrol car. It was a battle between Micra XL and Liva G. Ended up with Liva G.

The Micra is good driveability, space equipment list, the dealer was honest, etc etc. If it was not for the weird clutch lever pedal placement, it would have been Micra. Liva G clutch is very light and love that for the city use.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the oil burner!
Liva Is an excellent car. Its truly 'Quality class'. The only let down i find are the interiors and rear seat comfort. Other wise it a prefect city car. Thanks to Tata cars i was driving earlier, i find the clutch of Micra quite light.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2011 at 15:40.
bravo82in is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 15:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
The curvy car is definitely a hit with the ladies. And i being a bachelor it a good bait With the FE I am getting it will not drill a hole in my pocket.
More money left to spend on those ladies. An absolute winner of a deal in every way.

I love the new Yeti, but I only need, and can only afford, a small car. I'm definitely a Micra fan. Maybe in a year or two!

Please keep up the ownership reports. Experiencing of servicing, etc, when the time comes, will be really useful to us potential buyers.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 15:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Very nice ownership review bravo82in. Wish you many happy miles with the Nissan.

The Micra D is quite a machine for the city. Great drivability, good fuel efficiency, spacious and a tight turning radius.

A few questions. Is the spare key a smart key too? And what happens if one try to open the door without pressing the sensor? Will the alarm go off?
And is the service interval every 5K even after 10,000 clicks? If so, isn't this a bit on the higher side?
The spare key aka skeleton key is to be used to open doors just in case the battery of remote goes dead. Ones inside the car recognizes the remote even with a dead battery, ready to press and go. Nothing happens if u try to open the doors without pressing the sensor.
At every 5k the car has to be taken for routine check up. Consumables are changed every 10k. Interval is definitely on higher side but the service bill is certainly not.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:50   #34
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bravo for your new car and wonderful report. 1.5DCI is famous for great mileage. Logan diesel's standard mileage is always 20+.
Happy and safe motoring.
Old 14th November 2011, 16:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
That is a very nice compact review and to the point.

I need a 3rd small car and was debating between Polo / i20 / Micra and I think a white Micra may just be the right choice.

33 kpl is unbeleivable. I am happy if I get anything over 16 as my Verna Diesel gives me 12 kpl.

Basically need a small car for around town chores and Agra has horrendous traffic. I think Micra makes a clean choice. I should pick up 1 in January.

How much was OTR in Gurgaon ?
I bought this machine from Agra it self Atmaram Nissan. OTR was 5.83 lacs for base Diesel with zero dep insurance and extended warranty. Its cheaper by 10k in delhi.
Micra is a prefect companion for daily chores. Look no further. Expect a FE of 20+ kmpl in agra traffics.
Old 14th November 2011, 17:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

33! Congrats bravo82in on the new fuel efficientttttt Micra. And thanks for the crisp review. Is this the first diesel Micra on Team-BHP since its launch? Eagerly awaiting the full-tank FE reports and service updates later.
Old 14th November 2011, 17:17   #37
BHPian

How come it is 5.83 in Agra? The base model i checked few weeks back in Delhi was @ 6.39 OTR.

Did you get any discounts by dealer?
Old 14th November 2011, 17:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
How come it is 5.83 in Agra? The base model i checked few weeks back in Delhi was @ 6.39 OTR.

Did you get any discounts by dealer?
There is sum mess up here. Agra price for diesel base is like this
Ex showroom: 5.83 lacs
Insurance: 16,700/- (+ 2500/- for zero dep)
Logistics: 6,290/-
Extended warranty: 5475/-
Old 14th November 2011, 18:06   #39
BHPian

Its ok mate, so 5.83 is ex-showroom price not OTR.
I am also looking for city diesel hatch was really impressed with Micra minus the brakes. Brakes in TD car were really scary. Nissan should have given ABS as standard safety feature instead of Air bags but.....

How do you find the brakes in your car?
Old 14th November 2011, 18:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
How do you find the brakes in your car?
Brakes are a cause of worry wid Micra. I find them adequate if not good. They are just OK for city drive but bad for the highway and coupled with light steering can make matters worse. Even estilo and alto have better brakes. ABS is definitely missing for this price. Would have preferred ABS over Airbag. ABS is something u need on day to day basis, Air bags are for ones in a life time use and best if unused. As someone pointed out in this forum that's marketing strategy. Airbags are more obvious than ABS.
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 19:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One query Is the FE shown on display accurate? Did u recheck it with our Desi method of tank full to tank full? I m quite surprised at the 33 kmpl figures i am getting.
Quite accurate. From my experience, when it shows 14.9 kmpl in the display, the actual is ~14.5 kmpl. However I calculate it using the tankful method.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 20:09   #42
BHPian

Thanks W.A.G., Let me check mines too with tank full method.
Isnt Temp gauge missing from equipment list. I have the habit of heating up the engine a bit b4 moving the car every morning, usually idling for a minute is sufficient. Wondering how to do that with Micra?
Old 15th November 2011, 01:43   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ABS is something u need on day to day basis...
I am really shocked to hear anyone say this, but there are threads on the subject of ABS, and this is not one.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 09:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new buy. Red looks stunning on Micra. How are the NVH levels? Is there any major decrease in pulling when there were 4 on-board with AC? How is the audio quality of the stock system?

Amazing FE. With those figures, you can almost cover half of India with a full tank.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 15th November 2011 at 09:06.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 15:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Boy, oh Boy !!! Am I glad to read this review Finally after a wait of one long year my Micra has company on T-bhp, that too in the very same red colour !!.
There may be a third one by next week of the same color and variant. As Swift ZDi is getting to delayed indefinitely we are looking at picking up the Micra.

Nice review and pics man. Top end does not offer much over base diesel. In between , I heard that they made minor changes to Micra last week. Can anyone confirm that. Read head rests have been added or something like that
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed