Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2013, 18:26   #136
BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report EDIT : Now at 30000 kms

And by the way, any idea on how long will it take to get the suspension setup replaced??
Will it take more than a day? I don't wanna spoil my weekend plans!
Old 15th February 2013, 09:33   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Any idea on what all parts gets replaced in the suspension setup?
What they told me was that the whole suspension assembly will be replaced. Do not know about the specifics as of now. But, maybe, @tsk can shed some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For 1. Toyota has come out with a new shocker design. These are stiffer. So problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
And by the way, any idea on how long will it take to get the suspension setup replaced??
Will it take more than a day? I don't wanna spoil my weekend plans!
My friend replaced it in Kochi for his Liva and the car was returned within a day. But, I would recommend that you ask Toyota directly for the ETA while you take an appointment for your car.
Old 1st March 2013, 21:57   #138
BHPian

Quote:
It's FREE and will be replaced under warranty ( if you make a complaint about the suspension thud sound while taking a hump fast ). Also, let them know that some of your friends in team-bhp got the new suspension setup.
amalji, thanks for sharing the information about the suspension. I'm actually liking the way I now drive to avoid the thud sound, but would prefer if it (the thud sound) never really happened. I'm enjoying the sedated driving that Etios makes possible. Gear changes have been drastically reduced, and most of the times it feels like i'm driving an automatic!
Will talk with Dsk Toyota in Pune tomorrow regarding the suspension. Also, in case you haven't fitted the front arm rest, do check my DIY....Etios Front center Armrest.

Cheers,
Raghuvir

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd March 2013 at 08:08. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 1st March 2013, 23:45   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
amalji, thanks for sharing the information about the suspension. I'm actually liking the way I now drive to avoid the thud sound, but would prefer if it (the thud sound) never really happened.
+1 to that.

Quote:
I'm enjoying the sedated driving that Etios makes possible. Gear changes have been drastically reduced, and most of the times it feels like i'm driving an automatic!
Very true. You can drive in 2 modes -
the sedate ( below 1700 rpms ) and
the power mode ( 1800 to 2500 rpms ).

Both are equally enjoyable.

With regards to sedate driving, my friend in Veevees automobiles, Cochin told that he loved the way Etios responded to accelerator input. Both acceleration and deceleration are progressive, making the drive smoother. I also started noticing it now. There is no jerks or anything of that sort when you change the accelerator position.

Quote:
Will talk with Dsk Toyota in Pune tomorrow regarding the suspension.
Raise a complaint with them, get an approximate ETA as to when you will get the suspensions.
2 days, after the promised date, call them up and put more pressure.
They are giving priority on cars of owners who puts more pressure.

Quote:
Also, in case you haven't fitted the front arm rest, do check my DIY....Etios Front center Armrest.
No, I haven't fitted it yet. Will check it for sure. Thanks a ton!
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:33   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Will talk with Dsk Toyota in Pune tomorrow regarding the suspension. Also, in case you haven't fitted the front arm rest, do check my DIY....Etios Front center Armrest.

Cheers,
Raghuvir

I am getting the suspension work done by dsk pune on 4th march for my liva. My last 3 months experience with liva suspension is not good. Anything above 55 km/hr and the car starts becoming quite bumpy. I have complained with dsk, lets see what they have to say. Very happy on mileage front, getting 17.5 km/lit in city consistently.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 23:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

I am in a mood to buy Etios GD SP.The sales executive of Lanson Toyota, Pallikkaranai, Chennai is telling to take a white or Black which is in their stock,with the offer of Insurance and exchange Bonus. I don't mind to do the full payment and wait for the new lot to come. He does not agree. I doubt there is something fishy in that. If they give offer it should be for all the Etios till the end of March. Is there some one to clear my doubt? Can any one of our members work with Toyota sales, tell me the offer for Etios GD Sp for exchange and rest down payment for March?

Last edited by navan49 : 4th March 2013 at 23:31.
Old 6th March 2013, 15:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I am in a mood to buy Etios GD SP.The sales executive of Lanson Toyota, Pallikkaranai, Chennai is telling to take a white or Black which is in their stock,with the offer of Insurance and exchange Bonus. I don't mind to do the full payment and wait for the new lot to come. He does not agree. I doubt there is something fishy in that. If they give offer it should be for all the Etios till the end of March. Is there some one to clear my doubt? Can any one of our members work with Toyota sales, tell me the offer for Etios GD Sp for exchange and rest down payment for March?
I doubt, it could be an old stock.

Regardless, I would highly recommend you to wait for the new Etios face lift which is due for release this month. There are several improvements like
  • Better NVH control
  • Better rear seats
  • Height Adjustable feature in seats
  • Music Player even with the low end model
  • Head rests for front seats
  • More aesthetic head lamps and tail lamps
  • Blue colour odometer lighting ( instead of white )
  • Better Music Player
  • Double Rubber beedings on doors
  • Indicators on ORVMs
Nippon Toyota, Kochi confirmed that they have a sample of the Etios face lift model in their showroom, but will release it to public only later on since they do not want to impact the sales of the old model.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 19:16   #143
Senior - BHPian

Seems you are right Amalji. Just I read an article in Cardekho and found that they are going to Launch on 7th March.
Our friends at Garheads caught the Etios Facelift and shot a close video of the same, further assuring the launch.
The video clearly shows that the new Etios Liva Hatchback has received some major changes inside the cabin. The company has used better quality fabric to give a much premium feel to the dashboard, switchgear and the door panels. The dashboard now gets beige finish, adjustable headrest, new seat fabric and a bluetooth supportive music system, making the vehicle better than before in terms of interior feel.
So Let me wait for a week for my Etios.
Old 7th March 2013, 01:28   #144
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Etios VD 30,000 service review

Just completed the 30,000 service of my Toyota Etios

Major Highlights
  • Very happy with the fact that Toyota came up with a new suspension design and corrected the thud sound when taking a hump at moderate speed. This frees up the possibilities of using the excellent suspensions on variable terrains even at a speed. And yeah, it was done under warranty.
  • Another highlight was that I got confirmation from Toyota about the fuel filters used in Etios Diesel. They confirmed that Etios Diesel is equipped with Denso's lifetime fuel filter which doesn't need replacements ( like in Innova and unlike in Corolla ).
  • Saw the service record of an Etios owner, who has completed 1,50,000 kms within 1.5 years. No fuel filter replacements or timing chain replacements on his car till now. Brake pads were replaced only once at 80,000 kms. That was really confidence inspiring.
  • The service engineer told that it might be possible to fit the improvements that come in the new Etios 2013 on my 2011 Etios ( at a cost ).
On March 2nd, Toyota called me to inform that my new suspensions are ready and that they can get the job done on March 6th 11:30 am. I requested if my 30,000 kms service can be combined with it and they replied in the affirmative.

Gave the car on March 6th 11:30 am

Got it back by 5:30 pm on the same day
By this time, they completed the
  • 30,000 regular service
  • brake pad replacement,
  • washing
  • Wheel Alignment and Balancing
  • Suspension replacement
30,000 kms Replacements

The list is small as usual. Here it goes.
  1. Front Disc Brake pads - 2,490
  2. Toyota Synthetic Oil - 3,305
  3. Oil Filter - 497
  4. AC Air Filter - 305
  5. Oil Pan Drain Gasket - 37
  6. Windshield Washer Fluid - 85
  7. Front Shock Absorbers - Under Warranty
Labour Charges

1. 30,000 service cost - 825
  2. Wheel Balancing - FREE ( since, I took the SMILES pack in last service )
  3. Wheel Alignment - FREE ( since, I took the SMILES pack in last service )
  4. Brake pad replacement - 97 ( @ 50% Discount since, I took the SMILES pack in last service )
Total Cost

So, the total service cost came to around 7641/-

Since, I'm under the SMILES pack, the cost of service and inflation is covered in last service where I paid around 9,000 for 20,000 and 30,000 service combined.

The only thing that came in addition to that cost was the brake pad replacement cost.
So, in effect, I had to pay Rs. 2,588 to Toyota extra.

The new suspension design to solve the 'thud' sound

This is the best part of this service. Toyota has solved the long known bug of thud sound when taking a hump at moderate speed. This opens up the utility of the otherwise excellent suspension setup. You get a sense of freedom. I'm enjoying the new suspension setup and I would highly recommend it to all Etios/Liva owners.

I'll give a detailed review on the new suspensions later.

Highest run kms by an Etios in Kerala - 1,50,000 kms

Was stunned to find such a customer who has completed 1,50,000 kms within just 1.5 years!
What was more confidence inspiring was the fact that he
  • never had to change his timing chain or fuel filter
  • had his brake pads changed only after 80,000 kms
Toyota mentioned that the Etios timing chain doesn't have to be changed at all. I asked how can you be so sure. The service advisor mentioned that they use the same technology on older Corollas, and from 2000 onwards, no Corolla ever had to change the timing chain. I'm not 100% sure about this. Anyway, the Toyota manual doesn't ask us to change the timing belt/chain

Same is the case with Fuel Filters. Toyota confirmed that they use a filter similar to the one used in the Innova. In most cases, they will last the lifetime of the vehicle.

Brake replacement interval of 30,000 kms on my Etios is fine considering my driving style. I used to replace my Esteem brake pads every 15,000 to 20,000 kms. But the service advisor asked me to be a bit more controlled and it should last twice.

The rear drum brakes are in perfect condition with 80% of it still remaining.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 07:14   #145
Senior - BHPian

Amalji,
I wonder to read that you have changed your break pad in 30,000 kms. Is it true that your break pads are worn out? I did not change my break pad in my Ritz up to 70000kms. Please advise me in purchase of my new Etios. If I am given a chance to choose between face lifted Etios and from the stock, What can I do? If the offer and the price variation of the face lifted and the stock is above 100000 which should I choose ?Made up my mind to buy only Etios.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:48   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amalji,
I wonder to read that you have changed your break pad in 30,000 kms. Is it true that your break pads are worn out? I did not change my break pad in my Ritz up to 70000kms.
Brake pad wear is dependent on your driving style. Combination of my aggressive driving style and excellent braking on the etios means I drive faster. As I mentioned, I used to change it at 15000 to 20000 on my esteem.

The person who has done 1 lakh 50 thousand on his Etios changed his brake pads only at 80000 kms.

Quote:
Please advise me in purchase of my new Etios. If I am given a chance to choose between face lifted Etios and from the stock, What can I do? If the offer and the price variation of the face lifted and the stock is above 100000 which should I choose ?Made up my mind to buy only Etios.
1 lakh is too much of a price difference. But, I would still wait for the launch of new model, compare all the modifications head to head and then take a call on it. :-)
Old 7th March 2013, 11:21   #147
Senior - BHPian

Young blood drive fast and break instantly. Being a retired man, I drive in the economical speed of 80-90 on High ways.So break pad may last for long.Today morning I got a call from my Sales manager, telling that they got confirmation of the launch of Face lifted ones on 10th in Tokyo Kirloskar Motors Head office and on 13th in Chennai. He told the offer is not revealed but the price will be of Rs.8000 more than the present price. So I think that is reasonable at this juncture. I am happy with this price in comparison with various factors of Dzire and Etios.Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:02   #148
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report EDIT : Now at 30000 kms

I was told about the smile packhage by the sales person.It was not clear. He told that the smile is for 20K kms. If there are small repairs like, touch up, replacement of glass parts and bumper etc, the company will do with out insurance claim with 50% of the cost. Is it advisable to take this pack? As you have availed this, you might have calculated. Pl through some light on it for the benefit of other Toyota owners.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:11   #149
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios VD 30,000 service review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
  • The service engineer told that it might be possible to fit the improvements that come in the new Etios 2013 on my 2011 Etios ( at a cost ).
Now thats a real good news that existing car owners can also get some of the things done in their vehicle, even at a cost. But I am sure that not all will be possible? Are they bringing the tacho in the new launch of GD model? Thats a sorely missing.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:41   #150
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report EDIT : Now at 30000 kms

Quote:
Young blood drive fast and break instantly.
I'm 31. But, yeah, still young.

Quote:
Being a retired man, I drive in the economical speed of 80-90 on High ways.So break pad may last for long.
For normal driving, the front brake pads should last upwards of 60,000 and the rear drums should last close to 2,00,000 kms.

Quote:
Today morning I got a call from my Sales manager, telling that they got confirmation of the launch of Face lifted ones on 10th in Tokyo Kirloskar Motors Head office and on 13th in Chennai. He told the offer is not revealed but the price will be of Rs.8000 more than the present price. So I think that is reasonable at this juncture. I am happy with this price in comparison with various factors of Dzire and Etios.Thanks for your suggestions.
Yeah, I too got news that March 10th is the release date. I'll be visiting Nippon Toyota on that day to see the new model.

Quote:
I was told about the smile packhage by the sales person.It was not clear. He told that the smile is for 20K kms. If there are small repairs like, touch up, replacement of glass parts and bumper etc, the company will do with out insurance claim with 50% of the cost. Is it advisable to take this pack? As you have availed this, you might have calculated. Pl through some light on it for the benefit of other Toyota owners.
Sure, will explain

Activation Charges

No extra charges required. You just need to pre-pay the next service cost along with the current service cost

Advantages of SMILES pack
  1. 10% discount on periodic service costs
  2. Protection from inflation. for example, if the current price of engine oil is 2700 and by your next service it is increased to 3000 you don't have to pay for the increase in cost in the next service.
  3. Between 2 SMILES service, if you need to come to Toyota for an unplanned job, the labour cost is discounted 50%
  4. You get free offers which varies. For me, I got free wheel alignment and balancing.

So, in effect, you save around 15-20% of your service cost with SMILES. So, it's a must do for any Toyota owner.

For more details, please refer Toyota Bharat website

When should you activate SMILES?

The best timing is when you take the car for your 20,000 service because labour is already free for the first 3 service and sometimes even wheel alignment is provided free of charge for the first couple of services.
After 20,000, you should enroll for SMILES every other 20,000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Now thats a real good news that existing car owners can also get some of the things done in their vehicle, even at a cost. But I am sure that not all will be possible? Are they bringing the tacho in the new launch of GD model? Thats a sorely missing.
I also guess that not all of them will be practical ( if not impossible ). The SA told that many improvements made to newer Innova models were compatible with the older ones. So, we have hope.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks