Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 08:50   #346
BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report. EDIT: 125,000 km up & sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTF View Post
The Fuel gauge shows 10 bars, but these bars don't seam to represent equal amount of fuel. The last one gives me about 150-160 km where as next gives only 70-80 and 3 or 4 gives less then 40 . I spoke to SA in Ravindu Toyota but could not get satisfactory answer.

Any idea how much fuel does each bar represent ?
Mine is VD model. The bars certainly don't represent equal amount of fuel consumption. Even for me the first bar gives around 240-250km on highways. Next each bar gives approx around 70km. The distance varies with driving style.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:55   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTF View Post
The Fuel gauge shows 10 bars, but these bars don't seam to represent equal amount of fuel. The last one gives me about 150-160 km where as next gives only 70-80 and 3 or 4 gives less then 40 . I spoke to SA in Ravindu Toyota but could not get satisfactory answer.

Any idea how much fuel does each bar represent ?
I have done quite a bit of analysis with my Liva on this. This is based on my observations after driving more than 70000kms. Mine is having total of 8 bars.
1st Bar - 11l
2nd Bar - 4l
3rd - 8th Bar - 5l

In City:
1st bar disappears between 160-180kms
2nd bar disappears between 70-80kms
3rd to 7th bar disappears between 80-90kms

In Highway:
1st bar - 220-265kms
2nd bar - 80-90kms
3rd - 7th bar - 90-110kms

Hope this data helps.
kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 15:59   #348
Senior - BHPian

Here comes the 1,00,000 kms service update. This is a delayed update since, I was away from team-bhp when the service was done ( April 2016 ) This time for a change, the service was done at Amana Toyota, Wayanad

Unlike other service centers of Toyota, the Wayanad service center doesn't come with Toyota's EM60

As always, this service also turned out to be another boring affair ( Oil, oil filter, oil filter gasket and windshield washer fluid replacement )

Part charges
  • Toyota Fully Synthetic oil (4l ) - 3109.16 INR
  • Oil Filter - 419 INR
  • Oil filter gasket - 52 INR
  • Windshield washer fluid ( 3 sachets ) - 105 INR
  • VAT @ 14.5% - 534.36 INR

Labour charges
  • 1,00,000 kms service - 1230 INR
  • Service tax @ 14.5% - 178.35 INR

Total Service cost with Toyota fully synthetic oil - 5627.87 INR
Had I opted for the stock mineral oil recommended by Toyota for Etios instead of the fully synthetic oil,
the service cost would have been 3481 INR instead.

As far as issues are concerned, there's a slight sound when you come down a slope to a level surface in reverse and with the steering fully turned. The service advisor told that it's because of lower arm bush getting damaged and told me that there is no need to replace it as such because the sound is very low and functionality as such is not affected as well. Also, there's no option for replacing just the bush. The lower arm assembly as such needs to be replaced.

The only grouse I have with Wayanad Amana Toyota was the lack of availability of EM60 and I had to wait from 10 am to 4 pm for the service to get completed because of that. For this reason, I gave a negative feedback as well. I hope, Amana Toyota gets the EM60 bay done in their Wayanad service center.

Last edited by amalji : 27th October 2016 at 16:03.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 16:26   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Here comes the 1,00,000 kms service update.

Had I opted for the stock mineral oil recommended by Toyota for Etios instead of the fully synthetic oil,
Wow, that is truly amazing, but par for the course for Toyota owners I guess.

I use synthetic oil from the first 10K service onwards as well and I don't think that I have ever paid less than Rs 10,000 for the 10K service at Maruti.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:49   #350
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Here comes the 1,00,000 kms service update. This is a delayed update since, I was away from team-bhp when the service was done ( April 2016 ) This time for a change, the service was done at Amana Toyota, Wayanad

Unlike other service centers of Toyota, the Wayanad service center doesn't come with Toyota's EM60

As always, this service also turned out to be another boring affair ( Oil, oil filter, oil filter gasket and windshield washer fluid replacement )

Part charges
  • Toyota Fully Synthetic oil (4l ) - 3109.16 INR
  • Oil Filter - 419 INR
  • Oil filter gasket - 52 INR
  • Windshield washer fluid ( 3 sachets ) - 105 INR
  • VAT @ 14.5% - 534.36 INR

Labour charges
  • 1,00,000 kms service - 1230 INR
  • Service tax @ 14.5% - 178.35 INR

As far as issues are concerned, there's a slight sound when you come down a slope to a level surface in reverse and with the steering fully turned. The service advisor told that it's because of lower arm bush getting damaged and told me that there is no need to replace it as such because the sound is very low and functionality as such is not affected as well. Also, there's no option for replacing just the bush. The lower arm assembly as such needs to be replaced.

The only grouse I have with Wayanad Amana Toyota was the lack of availability of EM60 and I had to wait from 10 am to 4 pm for the service to get completed because of that. For this reason, I gave a negative feedback as well. I hope, Amana Toyota gets the EM60 bay done in their Wayanad service center.
Hi Amalji,
Thank you for this excellent ownership thread. I am following this thread for long time now. In fact this thread was one of the main positive influence in helping me make my choice of Etios GD back in Mar 2012. Everytime my car is due for 10K service, I had prior information of what to expect & how much it would cost approximately - thanks to your updates.

Will continue to follow this thread for many miles to come. Please continue this great work

Prabu
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 17:26   #351
APV
BHPian

Amalji,
In my Etions GD(2012 - 46K on Odo) for the past couple of days, I have been hearing bit of hissing sound in the ac vent whenever I switch on the AC. I am unable to find the source, it appears to be in a cyclic pattern, meaning the sound increases slowly & then suddenly it wades down & again it comes back. Did you ever face this issue or any inputs on what could be the issue?

Any insights would be helpful

Regards
Prabu
Old 28th November 2016, 09:53   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Amalji,
In my Etions GD(2012 - 46K on Odo) for the past couple of days, I have been hearing bit of hissing sound in the ac vent whenever I switch on the AC. I am unable to find the source, it appears to be in a cyclic pattern, meaning the sound increases slowly & then suddenly it wades down & again it comes back. Did you ever face this issue or any inputs on what could be the issue?
Never faced this problem. Could you try capturing it a video and post it here ?
Old 6th December 2016, 11:32   #353
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Never faced this problem. Could you try capturing it a video and post it here ?
Sorry about the delay. Here is the video. the hissing sound is audible from 00:07 to 00:22 and again from 00:29 seconds to 00:42

Old 7th December 2016, 19:56   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about the delay. Here is the video. the hissing sound is audible from 00:07 to 00:22 and again from 00:29 seconds to 00:42

https://Youtu.be/BwxSBm6ksAY
Not very clear as to what it is. Please show it in Toyota authorized service center and keep us updated.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 18:11   #355
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Not very clear as to what it is. Please show it in Toyota authorized service center and keep us updated.

Took the car to Coimbatore Anamallais Toyota service center today - SA said that sound is normal & when he increased the blower setting to points 3 & 4 sound was unrecognizable.

hope this doesn't end up as some bigger issue. SA was like - "Etios sir - no issues - keep going"
Old 4th January 2017, 15:45   #356
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Took the car to Coimbatore Anamallais Toyota service center today - SA said that sound is normal & when he increased the blower setting to points 3 & 4 sound was unrecognizable.

hope this doesn't end up as some bigger issue. SA was like - "Etios sir - no issues - keep going"

Here comes the shocker. After taking delivery I noticed the A/C effect was on the lower side but I just ignored it. But two days later when I drove out in highway during Christmas holidays realized that A/C was not working at all. Had a frustrating 700kms+ drive & came back to home town.

Took it back to Coimbatore Anamallais Toyota service & here comes the news, condenser is gone & has to be replaced. Condenser + some cables - approx.(9K) + gas (3K) + Labour(3K) - estimate comes to 15,500 approx. . Cables has to be ordered & cable delivery expected tomorrow (5th Jan) so car will be delivered either end of day 5th or 6th Jan morning.

Mine has covered close to 47K on the odo. any other owner faced similar problem as mine?
Old 6th January 2017, 18:40   #357

Quote:
Took it back to Coimbatore Anamallais Toyota service & here comes the news, condenser is gone & has to be replaced. Condenser + some cables - approx.(9K) + gas (3K) + Labour(3K) - estimate comes to 15,500 approx.
Did the people at Anamallais Toyota have anything to say as to why this happened?
Old 6th January 2017, 20:03   #358
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_apf View Post
Did the people at Anamallais Toyota have anything to say as to why this happened?
Nope the SA was not able to provide any logical reason apart from "it may have taken a hit somewhere sir" which is not the case.
Old 6th January 2017, 20:20   #359
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report. EDIT : At 4 years and 92,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Thank you Amalji, I am overwhelmed by the fact that you actually took up my concern with someone at your dealership.

The workshop - Espirit Toyota, Noida is a scam for sure!

If Espirit Toyota is owned by the same group who owned South City Ford, the lesser said about them the better. Change to an alternate dealer asap

Last edited by SDP : 6th January 2017 at 22:26. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion of large posts.
Old 7th January 2017, 21:15   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Just want to comment on the mileage that you are getting. This is definitely on the lower side. My car has run more than 65k kms and my average mileage (50% highway and 50% city) is 19.1kmpl. And i am still running my car on mineral oil. You may want to visit the service center and check with them on the mileage thing.

My Liva GD is at 124k kms, mileage in city is 21.5km/l without AC and 17km/l with AC - always measured using the full tank method, still using original clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks