Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2012, 23:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Blue Boomerang - Maruti Ritz VDi

Hey Anurag, belated "Happy Holi" to your Ritzy
How come it splashed so much mud on your car.

Anyways, i think this will be perfect time to get your Ritzy a 3M treatment.
Also did you get the tyres changed or still running stock JK
Cheers.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:07   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
50,000 Kms in 1.2yrs is just mind blowing, am actually thinking between buying a Swift or a Ritz... which you recommend anurag
If u can bear that 6-7 month waiting period then just go in for the Swift (Same diesel engine with slight changes, better handler and looks, etc etc.)
Else go in for the Ritz. I and many on this forum who own the car will recommend strongly. Absolutely no problem what so ever with the car during these 1.3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hey Anurag, belated "Happy Holi" to your Ritzy
How come it splashed so much mud on your car.

Anyways, i think this will be perfect time to get your Ritzy a 3M treatment.
Also did you get the tyres changed or still running stock JK
Cheers.
Ahh! Holi with pure chemicals Was worried about the paint but god's grace all is normal!

Tires are still stock buddy. Bridgestone S248 (165 section)

Will change in the coming months as the Vit-M is going everywhere else than for tires change.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
50,000 Kms in 1.2yrs is just mind blowing, am actually thinking between buying a Swift or a Ritz... which you recommend anurag
I own the Ritz Vdi for more than 8 Months now. Driven about 9500Km.

The car has 1 issue, the Khat Khat noise from suspension over speed breakers, even my Alto lxi doesnt make any such noise while jumping over speed breakers.

Apart from this the car is a brilliant package. Upgrade to 185/70 R14 Yoko or Michelin tyres it handles very well, Engine is good, FE i get 17 to 18 in the city.

Space is good, 60 :40 rear seat spilt is a huge boon. Seating position is a major plus point.

All the best with your decision. If space doesnt matter much, blindly buy the Swift even if you have to wait for 8 months. Else buy the Ritz.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 15:36   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
I own the Ritz Vdi for more than 8 Months now. Driven about 9500Km.

The car has 1 issue, the Khat Khat noise from suspension over speed breakers, even my Alto lxi doesnt make any such noise while jumping over speed breakers.
Hi Crazy4.Cars,

I don't have the issue of that 'Khat Khat' issue on my Ritz. Can you elaborate on the issue a bit more so that I can realize if its there on my car and not able to make out the problem.

Does MASS have any answer or any solution to the problem?
Old 9th April 2012, 00:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi Crazy4.Cars,

I don't have the issue of that 'Khat Khat' issue on my Ritz. Can you elaborate on the issue a bit more so that I can realize if its there on my car and not able to make out the problem.

Does MASS have any answer or any solution to the problem?
Try and cross any speed breaker at anything more than crawling speed, above 10km/hr speed in 2nd or 3rd gear on big roads, you'll hear the Khat Khat noise.

All the Ritz Owners have been complaining about this issue

I tried to get it sorted with MASS, they tried to tighten some suspension bolts etc, nope it didnt work, they replied saying drive at ants pace over speed breakers, which means stop at standstill speed, trip down to 1st gear and climb over it, then there is no sound, which none of us practically do in daily city driving.

I'm glad to hear your not facing this issue, happy for you, atleast i find one Ritz owner who is not complaining of this sound.
Old 9th April 2012, 00:24   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your ride. Its indeed a great car. I have a Ritz VDi too and I won't be wrong if I say that its my favorite hatchback in the 6-7 lakh segment. It might sound a little crazy but its more fun to drive in the city then my Verna Fluidic... To each its own but that's what I feel...
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 22:48   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Try and cross any speed breaker at anything more than crawling speed, above 10km/hr speed in 2nd or 3rd gear on big roads, you'll hear the Khat Khat noise.

All the Ritz Owners have been complaining about this issue

I tried to get it sorted with MASS, they tried to tighten some suspension bolts etc, nope it didnt work, they replied saying drive at ants pace over speed breakers, which means stop at standstill speed, trip down to 1st gear and climb over it, then there is no sound, which none of us practically do in daily city driving.

I'm glad to hear your not facing this issue, happy for you, atleast i find one Ritz owner who is not complaining of this sound.
I have gone over speed breakers and potholes above 20km/hr but found no such sounds except for a rattle from my parcel tray.

The parcel tray is the only thing that rattles to the core in my car which has to be sorted. Thinking how to do with the rattle!
Old 11th April 2012, 21:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I have gone over speed breakers and potholes above 20km/hr but found no such sounds except for a rattle from my parcel tray.

The parcel tray is the only thing that rattles to the core in my car which has to be sorted. Thinking how to do with the rattle!
Your very lucky if your not facing any kind of suspension sound.

Pracel tray you need to get a after market MDF wood parcel tray for Rs800 and its direct fit, thats the one which i have, it has zero vibrations or rattles.
Old 12th April 2012, 21:00   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Your very lucky if your not facing any kind of suspension sound.

Pracel tray you need to get a after market MDF wood parcel tray for Rs800 and its direct fit, thats the one which i have, it has zero vibrations or rattles.
The parcel tray what you have mentioned is what is doing duty in my car now. But it rattles over every uneven parts or potholes.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:00   #40
BANNED

A small update.

Yesterday had a headlight bulb failure, so went to get that changed. The right side one was not working so the whole battery had to be disconnected and removed to change the bulb.

To my shock the battery plate (on which the battery sits) was fully white and corroded partially. Attaching two pictures taken. Any solution to this or is it natural?

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-25072012119.jpg

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-25072012120.jpg

The other part where I wanted to give the main engineers a suggestion was the bunch of wires that were put together by an insulation tape. It was just a mess and all wires were strangled. It can be seen in the second picture.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 19:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A small update.

Yesterday had a headlight bulb failure, so went to get that changed. The right side one was not working so the whole battery had to be disconnected and removed to change the bulb.

To my shock the battery plate (on which the battery sits) was fully white and corroded partially. Attaching two pictures taken. Any solution to this or is it natural?
Anurag, it is quite often the case that battery fluid spills over and the base plates get corroded due to the same. To me this looks to be the case. Get it checked at your service center. This should have been taken care while servicing only when the battery fluids are topped up, the screws may not have been tightened properly leading to spilling and corroding. These are matters of negligence and you can ask them to get it corrected at their cost if that is indeed the case. I have seen a few cases like this, corroding due to battery fluids spilling/spraying around.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Anurag did you find the white stuff on your battery terminals? if so this is caused by sulphation which is bad for the battery. It is a natural process but surprised to see it happen in a year old car.
Old 27th July 2012, 18:22   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Anurag, it is quite often the case that battery fluid spills over and the base plates get corroded due to the same. To me this looks to be the case. Get it checked at your service center. This should have been taken care while servicing only when the battery fluids are topped up, the screws may not have been tightened properly leading to spilling and corroding. These are matters of negligence and you can ask them to get it corrected at their cost if that is indeed the case. I have seen a few cases like this, corroding due to battery fluids spilling/spraying around.
I got it chcecked right then and there but the screws on the battery were tight and the service personnel says it is normal Saar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Hello Anurag did you find the white stuff on your battery terminals? if so this is caused by sulphation which is bad for the battery. It is a natural process but surprised to see it happen in a year old car.
The Battery were fine and not corroded. The battery upper cover also is pretty normal without any corrosion. The base plate and the batter holder screw with clamp were corroded.
Old 27th July 2012, 19:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it chcecked right then and there but the screws on the battery were tight and the service personnel says it is normal Saar.
And did they give any reasoning for this corrosion as to why does this happen? I seriously think this is battery problem. Even if the terminals are not observed with any deposits, the battery fluids could have leaked out and caused this. I am pretty sure as I have seen this on an Innova as well and Toyota dealer got it done for free. You can tell them something like "I have done some research and understood that such rusts can be caused by the leakages or bad functioning, maintenance of the battery and since the car and battery is serviced at service center, shouldn't service center have taken care of such issues" etc. There is no other thing in there that can cause such a corrosion IMO.
Old 28th July 2012, 15:08   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
And did they give any reasoning for this corrosion as to why does this happen? I seriously think this is battery problem. Even if the terminals are not observed with any deposits, the battery fluids could have leaked out and caused this. I am pretty sure as I have seen this on an Innova as well and Toyota dealer got it done for free. You can tell them something like "I have done some research and understood that such rusts can be caused by the leakages or bad functioning, maintenance of the battery and since the car and battery is serviced at service center, shouldn't service center have taken care of such issues" etc. There is no other thing in there that can cause such a corrosion IMO.
Ok Buddy!

I shall get this tried at the service centre and let you know the outcome. Will try this trick and since my car sports Team-BHP stickers they do things properly and by procedure with proper time and cost estimate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks