Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:36   #91
BHPian

re: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This trick is played every time I go for the service.

If given a serious thought at what stage of the engine running is this de carbonization required?! The SA say every 50000 kms but I have to once cross check with the manual whether it states any such cleaning.

Anurag.
Anurag long time later catching up with you. This decarbonising scam is prevalent across almost all the service stations of Maruti. From my personal experiences with the multijet and ddis engines I can say one thing that is if you drive your car occassionally to engine speeds above 3500rpm then this decarbonisation is not required at all as the exhaust pressure at that kind of rpm does the decarbonisation automatically due to exhaust blow by. However one thing that is suggested is that around 50000kms do get the throttle body cleaned by dismantling it and cleaning not like the spray cleaning which most service stations do in the name of throttle body cleaning. And if the regular driving is mostly below 3000rpm then once every 50000-60000kms getting the EGR cleaned or getting the engine decarbonised is a good idea. This will eliminate the sluggishness of the engine to revv due to carbon deposits. But under any circumstance this shouldn't be costing anywhere more than 1500INR. A friend got this done recently for his 100000km old swift wherein he was driving mostly within 2500rpm and complaining about engine sluggishness. Once done the engine was revving freely as well as the FE went north. However another acquintance who has the grande punto and regularly takes it to the highway with occassional engine speeds as high as 4000rpm doesn't have this complaint. So do check with the mental block of the sluggishness parameter and if you find it more than you hoped for only then get the cleaning done otherwise straightaway decline it or else they do it sometimes even without you requesting for it. Happy driving.

Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:29   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Anurag long time later catching up with you.

From my personal experiences with the multijet and ddis engines I can say one thing that is if you drive your car occassionally to engine speeds above 3500rpm then this decarbonisation is not required at all as the exhaust pressure at that kind of rpm does the decarbonisation automatically due to exhaust blow by. Happy driving.

Subhra
Hi Subhra!

How are you and how is your car now? Have you changed the brakes?

Regarding this de-carbonizing thing I straight away rule it out and after reading here on Team-BHP once a week I revv the engine till 3K RPm for a about 30 sec max. I am already doing a little of the decarbonization so why pay 2K and do what is not that important. Engine sluggishness is not yet seen in my car till date!

Cheers,
Anurag.

OT:

MODS: Thanks for updating the title as requested.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:40   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Subhra!

Have you changed the brakes?

Regarding this de-carbonizing thing I straight away rule it out and after reading here on Team-BHP once a week I revv the engine till 3K RPm for a about 30 sec max. I am already doing a little of the decarbonization so why pay 2K and do what is not that important. Engine sluggishness is not yet seen in my car till date!

Cheers,
Anurag.
Hi anurag I didn't change the brakes got the clutch plate flywheel pressure plate and cable changed along with brake cleaning during which it was found out that the brake shoes were wrongly arranged and resulted in drag in one portion of the drum and the pads had been fitted incorrectly resulting in scraping on the pads. Once these were set right by Team-BHP directory listed Alok Automobile my car has become immensely free moving lighter and easier to modulate compared to what it was previously. What more a sunday evening light traffic and a super light footed driving without A/C on yielded me a rather unbelievable mileage of 22KMPL. And to that extent I think it is a testimony to the quality of work done as well as my car getting alright I guess. Hope to enjoy many more miles with my ever trusted Maruti 800 aka Goldie.

Subhra
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:52   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Hi anurag I didn't change the brakes got the clutch plate flywheel pressure plate and cable changed along with brake cleaning during which it was found out that the brake shoes were wrongly arranged and resulted in drag in one portion of the drum and the pads had been fitted incorrectly resulting in scraping on the pads. Once these were set right by Team-BHP directory listed Alok Automobile my car has become immensely free moving lighter and easier to modulate compared to what it was previously. What more a sunday evening light traffic and a super light footed driving without A/C on yielded me a rather unbelievable mileage of 22KMPL. And to that extent I think it is a testimony to the quality of work done as well as my car getting alright I guess. Hope to enjoy many more miles with my ever trusted Maruti 800 aka Goldie.

Subhra
Good to see your Goldie hale and hearty!

Where do you get you car serviced? The mechanics there need training as to how to fit the brakes on a car!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 19:51   #95
BANNED

Thanks for your review. Since you've driven both Wagon R and Ritz, I want to ask you one question. How is the cabin insulation? In Wagon R, which I own, the road noise makes listening to music almost impossible at 80+ speeds. How does Ritz fare in this regard? Can you enjoy songs at this speed? Once again congratulations on completing 80,000 mark.
Old 5th March 2013, 21:38   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see your Goldie hale and hearty!

Where do you get you car serviced? The mechanics there need training as to how to fit the brakes on a car!

Anurag.
Previously it was serviced at a local garage who had done a very good job on fixing my A/C issues so thought them to be competent enough to handle a brake and clutch job. Alas!!! what a mistake. They fitted the clutch wrongly as well as didn't replace the flywheel and wrongly fitted the brake shoes thereby resulting in substantial drag both on transmission as well as brakes thereby dropping my Goldie's FE. After the excellent job at the listed garage the mileage drivability and many other small things have improved for million times better. Wish I had visited their garage earlier but the problem is that it is quite far from my house around 20km but the visit once in a while is absolutely possible for major repairs as it is really worth wasting that litre of petrol.
Old 5th March 2013, 22:32   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Previously it was serviced at a local garage who had done a very good job on fixing my A/C issues so thought them to be competent enough to handle a brake and clutch job. Alas!!! what a mistake. They fitted the clutch wrongly as well as didn't replace the flywheel and wrongly fitted the brake shoes thereby resulting in substantial drag both on transmission as well as brakes thereby dropping my Goldie's FE. After the excellent job at the listed garage the mileage drivability and many other small things have improved for million times better. Wish I had visited their garage earlier but the problem is that it is quite far from my house around 20km but the visit once in a while is absolutely possible for major repairs as it is really worth wasting that litre of petrol.

Congrats for finding the right service centre and getting the Goldie back.

20kms is too near for me as I haul 110 kms a day.

Is this a MASS or a local garage again?

Anurag.
Old 23rd March 2013, 20:06   #98
BANNED

Guys,

Just got a ELM 327 Vgate Bluetooth V2.1 OBD II Scanner tool from Ebay.

The software I use with the scanner is Torque PRO from Google Play store.

The software gives the following real time information of the engine.

1) Acceleration Sensors,
2) Engine Load,
3) Engine RPM,
4) Fuel Level and Distance to Empty,
5) Intake Manifold Pressure,
6) Mass Air Flow Rate,
7) Throttle Position,
8) Timing Advance,
9) Trip Distance,
10) 0-100kph Time,
11) 0-60kph Time,
12) 1/4 Mile time,
13) 1/8 Mile Time,
14) Altitude (GPS),
15) Ambient Air Temp,
16) Barometric pressure,
17) Engine Coolant Temperature,
18) Fuel Rail Pressure,
19) Fuel Trim bank X sensor X,
20) Horsepower,
21) Intake Air Temperature,
22) Speed (OBD),
23) Speed (GPS),
24) Boost (Turbo) and
25) Voltage.

The other specialty is it reads the ECU fault codes and clears If any are found.

Posting the picture of the OBD II port for the Ritz and the scanner tool which I use.

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130320-22.49.30.jpg

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130320-22.49.17.jpg

My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-20130321-16.18.26.jpg

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:17   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,
Anurag.
That's a great addition anurag and sorry couldn't reply as was busy. It is actually a HASS with a seperate portion dedicated to repairing other cars from all the mainstream brand. Had even spotted a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI TME being worked upon in the garage so I hope you're able to understand the quality of work done there. And wishing you many more kilometres on your Ritz.
Old 23rd March 2013, 22:25   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give me directions for Alok Automobiles coming from Science city?
Old 24th March 2013, 12:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Can you please give me directions for Alok Automobiles coming from Science city?
Have PM'ed you for any further assistance feel free to call me. This place really does great job on cars. BHPian planet_rocker vouches for it and now I too.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 12:28   #102
BANNED

Here are attached a few screen shots of the APP.

This is the Boost Pressure at 80 kmph
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-boost-80kmph.jpg

Boost Pressure under acceleration between 2200 - 2500 RPM
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-boost-pressure.jpg

Distance to Empty
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-dte.jpg

Engine Load this was taken while cruising at 80 kmph
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-engine-load.jpg

Fuel Rail Pressure taken at idle
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-fuel-rail-pressure.jpg

Fuel Remaining in the Tank
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-fuel-remaining.jpg

KPL in Average
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-kpl-avg.jpg

Shows the RPM, Boost, Engine Coolant Temp, Speed, Battery voltage all while the engine was idle
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-revvs-boost-coolant-temp-battery-speed.jpg

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 08:05   #103
BANNED

Adding a few more screen shots of the Torque app working on my car.

Cruising at 80 kmph
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-cruising-80-kmph.jpg

Cruising at 100 kmph
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-cruising-100-kmph.jpg

Kpl (Average)
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-kpl-avg.jpg

Mass Air Flow while cruising at 100 kmph
My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi. 100,000 kms up! EDIT: Now sold-maf-100kmph.jpg

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 11:26   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

The software gives the following real time information of the engine.
Posting the picture of the OBD II port for the Ritz and the scanner tool which I use...
Do you have the eBay link to this product?

This device definitely helps us in understanding a lot of parameters. But how do we actually verify these?? Last time I went to A$$ and wanted to verify few parameters of stock setting against my car's. But they said Maruti has NOT given them anything; not even a torque curve for the Swift DDiS!

The only way they could map rpm-speed was to test it in my car using SGT scanner, manually record the rpm relative to speeds and then test it on another car!

Quote:
Adding a few more screen shots of the Torque app working on my car.

Cruising at 80 kmph
Attachment 1066749

Cruising at 100 kmph
Attachment 1066750

Kpl (Average)
Attachment 1066751

Mass Air Flow while cruising at 100 kmph
Attachment 1066752...
Some good info! And 30 kmpl average??
Old 28th March 2013, 12:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

@swiftnfurious, the ELM327 will not work with old gen swift. The old gen swift is not OBD compliant.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks