Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 22:00   #16
vcx
BHPian

Congrats and very nice pictures of Caska in action, could you confirm what is the manufactured month of your Civic?

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th December 2011 at 02:47. Reason: Please avoid quoting along post as it inconveniences our Mobile readers, thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 22:31   #17
BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

We have a horse whisperer amidst us- real interesting.

Banno looks classy in silver and am sure that she will play a big part in Sholay reloaded!

As a post script- it is a masterstroke to handover the keys of Banno to the lady of the house. Kudos!
Old 13th December 2011, 23:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Honda Civic.

After a long time I have seen a brand new Honda Civic ownership thread.

Please do keep the thread updated with pictures and service updates.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
Old 13th December 2011, 23:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
After a long time I have seen a brand new Honda Civic ownership thread.
Exactly my thoughts! Its raining pre-owned Civics all over, even very very low mileage ones. Mayank, although a new Civic is unmatched but didnt going for a low mileage pre-owned Civic cross your mind. If I would have been you and would have been keen on the new Accord, I would have hunted the market for a pre-owned Accord, for the price of new Civic. Its a great buy already that you have made but your thoughts on pre-owned? My Brother-in-law got a 2010 Civic only 5400 kms done for 9.85L. Even the plastics werent taken off and the car is scratchless, and I got 2007 end 28000 km run Civic in superb condition for 6.10 flat. Amazing thing was that the owner bought my Ikon for his driver for 1.5 lacs, so an exchange offer on a used car!!
gaurav_diavolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 00:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I do agree that pre-worshipped cars are sometimes as good as new but the smell of a new car is priceless.

And yes mayank, Honda provides only one remote key with their cars. Even I got the same looking key and combination with my City.

PS - I hope you had this thing in mind while purchasing the car that the new Civic is around the corner.
Old 14th December 2011, 03:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Mayank!

Excellent choice there. Nothing much can go wrong with the Civic. And on the low GC – just a bit more care should take care of that aspect

Note: We need better quality pictures!
Old 14th December 2011, 04:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
C
PS: Doesn't the V come with a sunroof. I thought the new Civic V came with a sunroof. Correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks, yes there are two variants VMT (Normal) and VMT (With Sun Roof). Unfortunately the one with Sunroof was not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations on the Banno Mayank.
Thank you Sugeeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
The caska unit fits well and looks completely OEM. You seems to have got a great price as well. I paid nearly 15.6 OTR for my V-AT in Feb 2010. FE will be typically around 9-11 kmpl in city driving conditions. It can go up quite a lot on highways, about early 20s for MT.
Thanks, yes when on Hosur road in midnight i saw it touches 18 on MID. Yes the Caska looks OEM, i was worried earlier how it would look. Also the price was one deal maker .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
As you perhaps already know, answers to most of the questions can be found in the long term Civic thread.
Hi Dot, thanks for stopping by. Have been a frequent visitor to your blue Civic thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for this very useful thread, will help a lot of us when researching for cars. And special thanks for the live demo and ride. Wishing you very Happy Civic drives !
Thanks, You are welcome. Yesterday was one rare occasion that i got the car to office hence thought of calling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I think you took the right decision, since a part of you still wants a SUV. The Accord is as expensive as a good SUV (Fortuner, say)- might as well buy a truck that can take you anywhere a few years down the line instead of spending on an expensive D segment sedan that gives incremental benefits over a C+ segment sedan.

That Sarjapur road bumper that played an important role in your evaluation: I cross it regularly. I don't bother about it much given that my other vehicle is a SX4 :-)
Thanks Nilanjan, yeah spot on, dil mein Fortuner hai , and hence Accord was dropped. Yeah the Sarjapur road bumper is a true test, for Sx4 and Fortuner it does not make any difference. Surprisingly the other night we took it there and it did not scrape. Looks like i was unnecessarily worried about low GC in Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just to check, Civic with sunroof is available as option now - so why didn't you choose it? From the above post I make out that your wife would have loved to have a sun-roof.
Thanks, yes that was one reason, we choose this one. The new one looks more like City and i am not too big a fan of similar looking models. Yes there is a VMT with Sunroof variant but there were no stocks (Only AT with Sunroof was available which i was not interested in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Note: The below comment is not meant to offend anyone, it is purely my personal opinion.

I guess it is just me, but from the pics you have posted (esp. the front) Baleno looks more commanding than the Civic, yeah Civic looks more modern and stylish and sexy (as some would call it), but Baleno looks rock solid (May be the black color of the Baleno is playing tricks on my mind) .
Thank you so much, i was wishing someone would say that. Baleno does look good.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th December 2011 at 05:03.
Old 14th December 2011, 05:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Congrats and very nice pictures of Caska in action, could you confirm what is the manufactured month of your Civic?
Thanks, now i love the Caska keeps me busy and so easy to use. Its a Sept assembled car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
As a post script- it is a masterstroke to handover the keys of Banno to the lady of the house. Kudos!
, Thanks, yeah like to see them happy (Gives me the paisa vasool feeling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please do keep the thread updated with pictures and service updates.
Wishing you happy and safe driving!

And yes mayank, Honda provides only one remote key with their cars. Even I got the same looking key and combination with my City.
PS - I hope you had this thing in mind while purchasing the car that the new Civic is around the corner
Will do, thanks. Yes we had in mind that the new Civic is coming and when seen in pictures and read reviews (US ones) did not liked it. Hence went with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Mayank, although a new Civic is unmatched but didnt going for a low mileage pre-owned Civic cross your mind. If I would have been you and would have been keen on the new Accord
Good deal on your IKON. The idea of used Civic/Accord was never in our minds. We briefly looked at only used Fortuners and dropped the idea as most used cars/suv's we saw seemed older then the odo suggested. I would only by used if i find some car whose owner i am aware keeps the car well, especially in India. The used car market needs to mature here. Until then its new cars for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent choice there. Nothing much can go wrong with the Civic. And on the low GC – just a bit more care should take care of that aspect

Note: We need better quality pictures!
Thanks, and yes i found that the low GC thingy is more talk then meat. Its not that bad, especially if one is comparing with Altis/Baleno type GC. Apologies, i agree we need better pics, its just that the mobile camera isn't that great. Will post on the weekend.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th December 2011 at 05:37.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 09:11   #24
vcx
BHPian

Mayank, thank you , Caska indeed is great OEM fit ,gels well with the car and offers excellent features. When you say car was assembled in Sep that implies car could been manufactured during Q1 2011?.

I am keen on this, because the Honda dealer in Hyderabad too is offering me a similar deal but he shall confirm the car which he quotes could be of Q1 2011.
Old 14th December 2011, 10:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Banno, Mayank

You rejected Cruze because of its low ground clearance, and you bought a Civic? Can you give us a comparison between the two and what made you tilt towards a Civic?
Old 14th December 2011, 11:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
You rejected Cruze because of its low ground clearance, and you bought a Civic? Can you give us a comparison between the two and what made you tilt towards a Civic?
Thanks, i was just thinking someone would clean bowled me with such a question. So here is my view.

Civic is more known for low GC issues but trust me Cruze is much worse. First in terms of numbers its 165 Vs 170 for Civic, on top of that Cruze has softer suspensions (Which make drives quiet comfortable) but are a nightmare when it comes to speed breakers.

So the closest speedbraker that we have next to our house (and this is chotu one at that) Only two cars gave a huge THUD on that (Cruze and Micra). Which scared us so much that we never looked at it with any seriousness.

Apart from this the rear seat comfort was one area we felt Civic was better.

The last (but in my view the most important reason), Japanese and Price made us decide in favor of Civic. Only other closest contestant was Altis but it lost in pricing.
Old 15th December 2011, 08:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday we for the heck of it tried the Mapmyindia route suggested to get to a place. Although i knew the place and was also aware which route would have lesser jam. The route suggest was good one albit a straighter one and not one which takes traffic jams into account.

Next week Monday would be another day i am hoping to use the MapmyIndia to get to IIIT COMAD conference. I have never been there hence have no idea of the exact route. All i know is i need to take right someplace on Hosur Road.

Also end of this month (23rd) trip to Chennai planned, lets see how she does on BLR-Chennai highway.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 15th December 2011 at 08:39.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:33   #28

Hi Mayank,
Have been closely following your thread for sometime now. Congratulations on your new steed. I too am very keen on buying the Civic VMT.
Your hunt for the right car addressed all my dilemmas, as I too was hung between the Civic and Corolla.
I have started my negotiations with 4 Honda dealers in Mumbai. Hope my ending is also happy like yours

Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 05:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananddivan View Post
Have been closely following your thread for sometime now. Congratulations on your new steed. I too am very keen on buying the Civic VMT.
Your hunt for the right car addressed all my dilemmas, as I too was hung between the Civic and Corolla.
I have started my negotiations with 4 Honda dealers in Mumbai. Hope my ending is also happy like yours

Thanks
Thank you, yeah bargain hard and i am sure you would get a good deal as this seems like stock clearance sale from Honda where in they need to clear everything this month as new year they would/might get new stock. Also keep in ming color availability is limited so you might have to choose from available colors.

Civic and Altis both are close, same Japanese DNA and similar A.S.S and long term durability. The place they differ is driving characteristics of the cars and attitude of the manufacturers. Toyota is the new Honda (i.e. behaving like Honda of few years back).
Old 18th December 2011, 19:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

As promised some more pictures and 300Kms completion update.
  • The cars feels absolutely planted on the road similar to Baleno only much much better.
  • The pull from the engine is amazing, overtaking is breeze.
  • In last one week we only scraped once, which was minor one at that.
  • Amazing space at the back, kiddo just loves to be on the back seat doing her own thing.
  • Gear shift much more precise, unlike rubbery Baleno.
  • Not sure how folks found braking to be a problem in Civic, its absolutely spot on and confidence inspiring. Possibly because discs all around.
  • The steering weighs perfectly as per the speed.
  • Took it on a smallish highway and was a breeze to to get past 100 without even noticing it.
  • Folks finding Laura fun to drive would not civic too slow in my opinion.
  • The door locks open when i switch off the engine on lights, need to figure out how to set it to keep itself locked until i unlock it manually. Find it more comfortable as on lights there is a risk of someone opening the back door and fleeing with the laptop bag.

Finally some pictures

Reverse camera in night, remember this is picture of picture otherwise its easy to reverse at night.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111218-07.16.28.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111216-08.27.17.jpg

GPS unit for Caska which possibly connects to someplace to find current location. Works on basement so hopefully it will work everywhere.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111213-17.29.35.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111218-07.16.41.jpg

Such small and compact engine, but awesome power generator.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111213-17.20.58.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111216-08.27.24.jpg

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 18th December 2011 at 19:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks