Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

Look what the courier brought in today. Thanks to @Guderian i was able to order it from Pune and they delivered in 2 days flat. Here are some pictures and initial impressions.
  • Wonderful small and compact
  • Has Flash, and Light that can be used at night
  • Can inflate tyre, and other stuff like football etc
  • Creates quiet a racket when working, for a second i was worried if it was ok
  • Does its intended job perfectly well.
  • Need to double check if the pressure is correct, i am sure it is, but still yet to check
With a nice cover

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-cover-open.jpg
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-insidecover.jpg

Flash light

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-flash-light.jpg

Tube for connecting to tyre

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-tube-goes-into-tyre.jpg

12V power connector and tyre tube

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-tube-12v-power-connector.jpg

View from front

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-frontal-view.jpg
Old 4th February 2012, 00:16   #77
BHPian

Now I really need to meet you. You still owe me a ride in the civic.

Plus LIMI details I would need. Kab free ho? Just sms me on a weekend and we'll meet.
Old 4th February 2012, 06:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

Courtsey @Guderian, the original source of information for ordering the Tyre inflator. Here are the contact details. The process is to deposit the money in the account number given and email the transaction details. Once its credited it gets couriered in a safe packing.

Link Image Makers (India) Pvt. Ltd.

Mr Sawkar
Regd. Office
275, Shaniwar Peth, Omkareshwar Chowk,
Pune 411030, Maharashtra, India
Tel: 020 24495739 Fax: 020 24493524
EMail: sales@linkimageindia.com

Mobile - +91-9823011739
Old 5th February 2012, 02:00   #79
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Courtsey @Guderian, the original source of information for ordering the Tyre inflator. Here are the contact details. The process is to deposit the money in the account number given and email the transaction details. Once its credited it gets couriered in a safe packing.

Mobile - +91-9823011739
What is the price of this product, excluding shipping?
Old 13th February 2012, 21:54   #80
vcx
BHPian

Hi, how is your Banno treating you? Your experience so far on ride quality, any issues, mileage , Caska making that difference to the car, any upgrades (lights, tires , mats etc)?
Old 14th February 2012, 05:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hi, how is your Banno treating you? Your experience so far on ride quality, any issues, mileage , Caska making that difference to the car, any upgrades (lights, tires , mats etc)?
This is what i like about Hondas and Toyotas, they just keep going on and on, everything is fine, completed 5K and its time for second service, which i need to get done. The car is wonderful in driving, no issues to report, fuel efficiency in city is around 11-12, depending on traffic.

Kept the car stock, no upgrades, came with Michelin shoes and i like them so no chance of changing them before they go bad. I am waiting for another highway driving opportunity, hopefully it will happen soon.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 11:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
  • Wonderful small and compact
  • Has Flash, and Light that can be used at night
  • Can inflate tyre
Looks nice and compact.
Would buy this stuff rather than the el-cheapo ones available online (TOI etc).
I'm interested in buying this, would mind sharing the price you paid for the above product.
Old 14th February 2012, 13:45   #83
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I'm interested in buying this, would mind sharing the price you paid for the above product.
Used to be Rs2475 till last year. Would be interested to know if the price has changed.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night got my first dose of ABS in action. Bangalore roads are all dug up everywhere and we were coming back at night and with roads being quiet empty i was doing decent speed.

Out of no where a dog comes in front, and i had to brake hard, the road had sand on it as it was recently dug up on the sides and under normal circumstances the car would have skidded to some degree, but in this case no skidding, i could feel some sensation on brake pedal and the ABS light glowed for few seconds. The car kept itself straight and stopped well before the animal. All safe.
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday afternoon got a call from Whitefield Honda for reminding me about the second service, she asked for my preferred day and when i said i can give the car on Friday she booked a slot for me. Lovely service, you see i am not used to someone from the dealership reminding me about the due service.

So today the Banno goes for her second service, will report back and update post service complete if the problems get fixed, especially the AC muddy smell problem.
Old 3rd March 2012, 05:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Second Service, Odometer reading ~5300.

Well, nothing to report actually, went and gave the car for service and suggested he change the engine oil, which he checked and said not needed Sir, so left it at that. Gave the complaint of the AC muddy smell, he said they will check.

So when i went there in the evening, they had opened the AC blower unit and cleaned it from inside. While coming back i was in AC full time and no smell was coming. Need to try this for few days to finally confirm that the cleaning has done the job.

Cost of service Zero .
Old 5th March 2012, 23:38   #87
BHPian

one simple question..rather difficult! is it perfect upgrade from baleno?baleno is great highway how is ride,high speed manners and torque on highway? as compared to baleno?
Old 6th March 2012, 01:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
one simple question..rather difficult! is it perfect upgrade from baleno?baleno is great highway how is ride,high speed manners and torque on highway? as compared to baleno?
City Driveability
Baleno has a more effective low end, allowing for easy city driveability. But then I have learnt to drive the Civic pretty well in city traffic too. I tend to let it coast along without trying to push it.

It's also easier to drive in the city since the bonnet is somewhat visible and you can gauge distance to surroundings better. With the Civic you end up with a bigger factor of safety. This is usually good since it keeps you from taking up tight manoeuvres, unless you get caught up in bumper to bumper and door to door traffic.

The gear shift quality being much much better than the Baleno, multiple shifts are not much of a strain either.

Turning circle is more and one needs to plan out a bit in advance.

Highways
Smooth roads. Ah well, the Baleno is good, but the Civic is clearly better. It belongs there. More so since the engine can show its prowess. And its wider track makes it feel more planted. Cruising at high speeds is easily possible. The relative lack of low end grunt is not much of an issue here, if you keep the engine on the boil. Oh and what an engine it is. You want to revv to the limiter all day long.

However on slightly rough tarmac you'll feel the Civic rear end to be a bit skittish. Baleno handles such surfaces better.

Won't say either of them are super handlers. But they are pretty good. Between them the Baleno feels more 'chuckable'. The Civic does feel one size bigger. While the Baleno steering is nice, that on the Civic is truer and more confidence inspiring.

Make no mistake. Both are fun to drive and will plaster a smile on your face if you are gunning them ! The Baleno with its raw appeal, the Civic with it's refinement.

Suspension
Baleno suspension feels relatively stiffer. Ride quality in the rear seats is probably better over uneven/undulating roads. Rear seat passengers in the Civic tend to get a more 'wallowy' feeling. No such issues in the front seat.

Ergonomics
I was extremely comfortable with the Baleno driving position, but now realise that the Civic is better. Everything is well thought out and falls into place nicely. The Civic seat could have done with a bit more lateral support, but it's nevertheless a wonderful seat.

Cost of ownership
Here too the Civic seems to be one step ahead as of now ! Routine maintenance is easy on the pocket for both, but seems to be a bit less for the Civic ! FE is surprisingly similar too .. both hovering around an average 11.5kmpl mark over my whole ownership period. Both running on wider than stock tyres. Baleno running 195, Civic 205. Both return very good figures if driven with a light foot.

Sales and after-sales service experience has been pretty good for both.

If one considers resale, then it helps that there is more demand in the market for the Civic.

So yes, it surely can be considered an upgrade from the Baleno. Though I must add, so can the Cedia. In fact, compared to the Civic, the Cedia is probably a more 'natural' upgrade from the Baleno in terms of character.

Last edited by shuvc : 6th March 2012 at 01:45.
shuvc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 16:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
is it perfect upgrade from baleno? baleno is great highway how is ride, high speed manners and torque on highway? as compared to baleno?
@Shuvc has explained it much better but in short i would call Civic a Baleno++ for lack for words. Baleno is a good highway car, Civic is way better. Civic not only offers more space but chugs on the road better then Baleno, which itself is amazing on the highway.

On the ride, Baleno is slightly harsher and stiffer, but that means it scrapes lesser then Civic. On the plain 4 Lane highway this works in favor of Civic.

In the city Baleno scores over Civic because of its smaller size and easy to maneuver.

Update on the AC smell. It no longer smells when i switch the AC on and looks like the cleaning Whitefield Honda guys did has done its job.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 6th March 2012 at 16:06.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 05:13   #90
Senior - BHPian

Finally the RC book, the card type arrived after almost 3 months, but worth the wait. I am thinking of carrying xerox of this thing rather than the original card as both me and my wife drive the car.

Is that ok in Bangalore, or is it a necessary to carry the card along with the car? Also i am guessing on out of city drives one needs to travel with the card for sure, am i right?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 30th March 2012 at 05:14. Reason: incomplete info

Most Viewed