Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 09:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

^
Planning a similar upgrade but for the MDI cable for my Superb (as I already had bluetooth) to mainly add ipod connectivity to the car (usb is mainly taken car by the sd card that is already present in the Bolero stereo). It also requires a VW part which is shared by the Bolero and 510 stereo like the one below -

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-mdi_ipod_m.jpg

Ebay Seller - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Will also try to hoodwink warranty as this is original VW/Skoda shared part and available OE in the Euro spec cars as an option.

You can try these CANBUS compatible led bulbs for your drl's which are not supposed to give any MID error - http://www.ebay.com/itm/170729737146...84.m1423.l2649
I am planning the same too for my Superb DRL's.

Great thread BTW...

Last edited by dkaile : 28th April 2012 at 09:51.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 09:53   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Will also try to hoodwink warranty as this is original VW/Skoda shared part and available OE in the Euro spec cars as an option.
Carsystems.pl is a good vendor, get in touch with them over mail and see if they can sell the part to you direct through their website and Paypal. This will save you the commission they have to pay e-bay.

As far as the warranty is concerned, at the most the only thing anyone can contend in this particular scenario is around the ICE but given that the part getting retrofitted is a genuine VW part even that will get thrown out the window in any consumer dispute. So go ahead, no worries. If the dealer hems and haws just nod along and keep your requests verbal, get a job sheet and you are golden.
Old 28th April 2012, 17:59   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Carsystems.pl is a good vendor, get in touch with them over mail and see if they can sell the part to you direct through their website and Paypal. .......you are golden.
Please share the cost of buying it and the installation. (PM me if you cant share publicly). I am also thinking of retrofitting the same as it surely is a big miss on their part!
Old 28th April 2012, 18:13   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
Please share the cost of buying it and the installation. (PM me if you cant share publicly). I am also thinking of retrofitting the same as it surely is a big miss on their part!
At the time of my purchase the BT module was EUR249/- through carsystems. I incurred a cost of only INR504/- to have the module installed at my workshop. I was expecting a lot more in the guise of labour charges, but I guess I'm lucky.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 17:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
At the time of my purchase the BT module was EUR249/- through carsystems. I incurred a cost of only INR504/- to have the module installed at my workshop. I was expecting a lot more in the guise of labour charges, but I guess I'm lucky.
This looks so neat man !! Time to chuck my motorola module out.

Can you pls send me the link for the module, I am all set to go looking at the pics
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 23:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

All you need now is an ACC in the car. I asked a question regarding the same the other day on another thread which remains unanswered.
On Ebay the ACC panel is available for a couple of hundred dollars. Can one install one on the Jetta in India ? Does it just take a panel or has VW removed some sensors.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:25   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
All you need now is an ACC in the car. I asked a question regarding the same the other day on another thread which remains unanswered.
On Ebay the ACC panel is available for a couple of hundred dollars. Can one install one on the Jetta in India ? Does it just take a panel or has VW removed some sensors.
It takes more than just the panel to get true Automatic Air Conditioning in the vehicle. I would think it would take a motor probably to control the vents independently, couple of sensors around the drivers as well as co-drivers seat and two in the foot wells too. Some wiring would also need to be changed/upgraded. Total cost will definitely be more than just the cost of the ACC panel. This would be the case if like I said you were after true ACC. On the other hand me, I just want a digital readout of the temperature and a panel that looks better than the current over simplified one. I have been thinking of just replacing the panel with the one pictured here. Will keep you guys posted on what I can dig up regarding the retrofitting.

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-acc-cluster.jpg

At the same time I'm thinking of dropping in this cluster too, its comes with a full colour MFD + blue backlit needles.

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-blue-mk6-cluster.jpg
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 14:13   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It will be more than just a panel swap. Sensors like the interior temperature sensor, sunlight sensor etc will need to be installed along with wiring for those.
Old 1st May 2012, 17:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It takes more than just the panel to get true Automatic Air Conditioning in the vehicle. I would think it would take a motor probably to control the vents independently, couple of sensors around the drivers as well as co-drivers seat and two in the foot wells too. Some wiring would also need to be changed/upgraded. Total cost will definitely be more than just the cost of the ACC panel. This would be the case if like I said you were after true ACC. On the other hand me, I just want a digital readout of the temperature and a panel that looks better than the current over simplified one. I have been thinking of just replacing the panel with the one pictured here. Will keep you guys posted on what I can dig up regarding the retrofitting.

Attachment 922120

At the same time I'm thinking of dropping in this cluster too, its comes with a full colour MFD + blue backlit needles.

Attachment 922119

That MFD looks awesome !! We keep saying wonderful things about the Maxi Dot MFD but this is just like the one that VW offers in the Audi models. Come to think of it, one can do so much with a Jetta in terms of aftermarket original fitments ! I saw in another thread that a BHPIAN had replaced the steering on his Laura to one found on the Laura RS.
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:55   #145
BHPian

Quote:
one can do so much with a Jetta in terms of aftermarket original fitments !
One of my primaries for choosing the VW Jetta; such a huge enthusiast base, its mod-ability and no end of DIY's. I just hope I don't end up busting the bank adding on to the car.
Old 4th May 2012, 01:22   #146
BHPian

@ayedongivadam: Great mods. i've booked a white Highline AT Jetta coming this month. Not sure if i will be doing any of the mods but that is to be decided once i get the car. One thing i want to ask is did you get any support from the dealer(service centre) for any of the mods and which dealer did you get it from?
PS. I think i saw your car in the evening near Little Italy on Bund Garden Road. I recognized it due to the smoked headlamps. what a coincidence that i got the e-mail for Membership Approval today and i happened to see the car of a team-bhp member
'AL' is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 10:13   #147
Senior - BHPian

@Ayodongivadam.

I am going to check with the local dealer on fixing the BT module. I am not keen on the MFD mods or even the RNS510 mod. But want to get a BT module installed which definitely is a bonus for this car.

I currently use the Aux in as a means to use my phone with the speakers.

If the dealer says they cannot install the BT module sourced outside VW i want to check with you if we can get some help through the dealer who agreed to install the mod.

The cost through the dealer is close to 50K while we can fix this for less than 15K.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:17   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
@ayedongivadam: Great mods. i've booked a white Highline AT Jetta coming this month. Not sure if i will be doing any of the mods but that is to be decided once i get the car. One thing i want to ask is did you get any support from the dealer(service centre) for any of the mods and which dealer did you get it from?
PS. I think i saw your car in the evening near Little Italy on Bund Garden Road. I recognized it due to the smoked headlamps. what a coincidence that i got the e-mail for Membership Approval today and i happened to see the car of a team-bhp member
Thanks AL. Congrats on the buy! Let me know when she comes in, will be glad to help out with mods or anything.

Other than the BT module retrofit, I've done everything myself. My RTech cables not come in yet thus I had to get help from the dealer. I've had a good experience with BU-Bhandari in terms of after sales support too.

Yeah, I was in the area and I live nearby too. With so many Pune - Jett's we should catch up one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
If the dealer says they cannot install the BT module sourced outside VW i want to check with you if we can get some help through the dealer who agreed to install the mod.
Absolutely! Let me know if you face any issues with your local dealership. Its is actually a very straightforward installation. Just let your guys know to put it in the exact place as the Passats module. So basically the dealership only has to follow VW documented steps to remove and install a BT module in its entirety.

Last edited by Ayedongivadam : 4th May 2012 at 10:25.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 11:55   #149
BHPian

Received the bluetooth module from Poland today. Will be going to the service center tomorrow to try my luck. Ayedongivadam, looks like you are inspiring a lot of us here
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 14:05   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Received the bluetooth module from Poland today. Will be going to the service center tomorrow to try my luck. Ayedongivadam, looks like you are inspiring a lot of us here
A couple of pointers for the techs over at your dealership (Because my guys did it a bit different- so we learn):

1. BT module under the co-drivers seat. (They put mine under the drivers going by how it is in the Passat)
2. GSM Antenna under the liner on the A-Pillar co-drivers side, concealed. (Mine was installed over the B pillar liner Will move it to its correct position next visit to the wk'shp)
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks