Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2012, 11:43   #181
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

My car is famous! I was surfing the web looking for stuff to buy, whiling away time in general and come across this on eBay - Check out the pic

Last edited by Ayedongivadam : 24th June 2012 at 11:47.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:39   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
My car is famous! I was surfing the web looking for stuff to buy, whiling away time in general and come across this on eBay - Check out the pic

This is so cool !!

You have been the inspiration to a lot of Jetta owners (I thought on TBHP but looks more like across the board) for your mods & DIYs.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 14:58   #183
Senior - BHPian

You will probably be happy to read this since you bought your car without an ACC . I kept waiting and now it seems i wasted a year ! My beloved Civics second hand value has plummeted due to the Petrol Price Increase. If only i had gone in for a Jetta last year.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-screen-shot-20120625-11.06.08-am.png  

Old 26th June 2012, 08:36   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
You will probably be happy to read this since you bought your car without an ACC . I kept waiting and now it seems i wasted a year ! My beloved Civics second hand value has plummeted due to the Petrol Price Increase. If only i had gone in for a Jetta last year.
With the current setup all you have to do is tweak the settings now and then, I don't miss the ACC all that much. In fact if I'm able to get just the ACC panel fit in and integrated with the RCD display I won't miss it at all.
Old 27th June 2012, 10:34   #185
BHPian

Quote:
With the current setup all you have to do is tweak the settings now and then, I don't miss the ACC all that much. In fact if I'm able to get just the ACC panel fit in and integrated with the RCD display I won't miss it at all.
Hi Sid,

Did not understand this. Is there an ACC panel available for Jetta? I am assuming that the integration with RCD will display the temperature. So will this be more of a digital temperature read out than a ACC. As for an ACC per se there will need to be sensors installed as well.

Pls let me know if my understanding is correct.
Old 27th June 2012, 10:50   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Hi Sid,
Did not understand this. Is there an ACC panel available for Jetta? I am assuming that the integration with RCD will display the temperature. So will this be more of a digital temperature read out than a ACC. As for an ACC per se there will need to be sensors installed as well.
Pls let me know if my understanding is correct.
Hi Vikas, refer my post #142 here This would be one of the panels that can integrate (replace) the existing overly bland and simplistic panel that we have. This will only give you the look and feel of something more sophisticated in your car with I'm hoping a digital readout on the RCD unit. And yes, an ACC would require a lot many things apart from what we have in our cars to the point of being not feasible.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 10:53   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did not understand this. Is there an ACC panel available for Jetta? I am assuming that the integration with RCD will display the temperature. So will this be more of a digital temperature read out than a ACC. As for an ACC per se there will need to be sensors installed as well
It is definitely not a direct swap. It required more detailed process which includes sensors and other parts and complex procedure. It is not a simple process. Please check the below blog. For any DIY possible you can check this blog.

- Volkswagen Turbo Diesel -: (Mk5) Klimatronik / Climatronic

Other DIY page which i often check

http://www.my-gti.com/category/diy

Last edited by VW2010 : 27th June 2012 at 11:06.
Old 30th June 2012, 10:16   #188
BHPian

Driving around with the headlights set on Auto for the majority of the time has certain disadvantages especially when you are used to the coming/leaving home feature. For instance, day before yesterday I left a party at a hotel around 4AM. I was handed my car by a valet, he had turned the headlight knob off the 'Auto' position into the 'On' position. Well, you would have guessed it, I reached home, pulled the key out of the ignition (My senses must have ignored the light on warning alarm) and walked home guided by the pool of light of my courteous car.

It wasn't until the evening, almost 14 or so hours later when I had to go out again, that I suddenly realise seeing the knob in the 'On' position and it strikes me that I had not killed the lights manually. Well by this time I'm fully expecting having to call up VW helpline for a jump-start. Walk down and out hit the remote to unlock the car and the lights do not turn on. I fear the worst, get in the car thankful that at least enough juice is left in the battery to unlock the car (Deadbolts in the car doors, once activated by the remote cannot be opened using the key - has to be the remote) and turn the ignition. Hey presto, the car purrs into life!

Upon my return I go through the car manual a bit and find out that VW apart from building a safe car have also tried to make it somewhat idiot proof! The cars lights (interior and exteriors), radios etc. turn off after pre-determined times once the key is removed from the ignition, some of these switch off immediately some after a little while saving the user all sorts of embarrassment. Good Job again VW! Now if you could also get your post-sales act together and get us some accessories....
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 11:29   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving around with the headlights set on Auto for the majority of the time has certain disadvantages especially when you are used to the coming/leaving home feature. For instance, day before yesterday I left a party at a hotel around 4AM. I was handed my car by a valet, he had turned the headlight knob off the 'Auto' position into the 'On' position. Well, you would have guessed it, I reached home, pulled the key out of the ignition (My senses must have ignored the light on warning alarm) and walked home guided by the pool of light of my courteous car.

It wasn't until the evening, almost 14 or so hours later when I had to go out again, that I suddenly realise seeing the knob in the 'On' position and it strikes me that I had not killed the lights manually. Well by this time I'm fully expecting having to call up VW helpline for a jump-start. Walk down and out hit the remote to unlock the car and the lights do not turn on. I fear the worst, get in the car thankful that at least enough juice is left in the battery to unlock the car (Deadbolts in the car doors, once activated by the remote cannot be opened using the key - has to be the remote) and turn the ignition. Hey presto, the car purrs into life!

Upon my return I go through the car manual a bit and find out that VW apart from building a safe car have also tried to make it somewhat idiot proof! The cars lights (interior and exteriors), radios etc. turn off after pre-determined times once the key is removed from the ignition, some of these switch off immediately some after a little while saving the user all sorts of embarrassment. Good Job again VW! Now if you could also get your post-sales act together and get us some accessories....
This feature is present in most modern cars, irrespective of auto headlamps or not. Good that your battery was saved!
Old 30th June 2012, 13:41   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam
Driving around with the headlights set on Auto for the majority of the time has certain disadvantages especially when you are used to the coming/leaving home feature.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't the coming /leaving home feature functional irrespective of the 'auto' or 'on' mode of the headlamps? At least that's how it has worked for me till now.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:14   #191
Team-BHP Support

Headlights normally switch onl only with ignition
Old 30th June 2012, 19:16   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
If I'm not mistaken, isn't the coming /leaving home feature functional irrespective of the 'auto' or 'on' mode of the headlamps? At least that's how it has worked for me till now.
I seem to recollect them having to be in 'Auto' mode for the Coming/Leaving home feature to work.
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:38   #193
Senior - BHPian

Even the audio system turns off automatically after playing for sometime. The interior lights also get switched off after sometime once you remove the keys.

Additionally the mirrors which dont close automatically once we remove the Key is active for closure even after removal of the key.

After you remove the key and get ready to step out of the car you notice that the mirror is still in open position. When you move the key(side mirror button) to close position the mirrors will fold.

AC switches on only after the engine is running when you are restarting the car after a sudden stop. This protects your fuse as well.

Changing tyres is one of the easiest in this car. Takes less than 15 minutes to change a tyre and the Jockey and set up is so user friendly.

I am now trying to get a rear sunshade from UK costing around 40 pounds.

The car looks so open after removing the sunfilm and i need something on rear screen to just create some privacy. Hate the sudden openness of the car after being a safe cacoon for all this while.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:03   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
........Additionally the mirrors which dont close automatically once we remove the Key is active for closure even after removal of the key.

After you remove the key and get ready to step out of the car you notice that the mirror is still in open position. When you move the key(side mirror button) to close position the mirrors will fold.

I am now trying to get a rear sunshade from UK costing around 40 pounds
All electrical controls of the car remain active after the key is switched off till a door is opened, you can switch off your engine and still have power to the radio, windows etc.

Do post a link to the sunshade/blind you are considering I'm also on the lookout for one. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:33   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All electrical controls of the car remain active after the key is switched off till a door is opened, you can switch off your engine and still have power to the radio, windows etc.

Do post a link to the sunshade/blind you are considering I'm also on the lookout for one. Thanks.
Correction, , it remains active until you remove the key out of the ignition
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks