Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:44   #196
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Correction, , it remains active until you remove the key out of the ignition
Ajmat, you can remove the key from the ignition and still fold in the ORVMs and windows - The power is cut when a door is opened, any door. I think I've also tried switching on the radio and its worked.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction, , it remains active until you remove the key out of the ignition
The feature as Aydedongivadam said works when you used the keys once and pulled the keys out. Windows, Mirror and music system can be operated till the door is opened.

The features are not switched on when you simply unlock the car though.

The feature more looks like a facility to do the final check before getting out of the car.

Quote:
Do post a link to the sunshade/blind you are considering I'm also on the lookout for one. Thanks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-JETTA-R...item1e65c974f4

This guy is asking 40 pounds for shipping to India. Others are quoting way too high for shipping. In us the same part is 110 USD.

Someone returning from UK makes this a 40 pound deal else its 80 + pounds.

Last edited by VW2010 : 3rd July 2012 at 09:53.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 14:37   #198
BHPian

Very neat mods here ayedontgiveadam.

I booked a toffee brown highline a/t last week of June with Tornado Motors. Lucky they had a toffee brown in production and they said the car will be here start of August.

Couple of questions:

1. What number plate is that? High security embossed minus the 'IND' or just plain ol' embossed? Where and how much did it cost ?

2. The BT module from car systems.pl, can you please list the part number (new to this stuff). Also do you recommend a foam cover for the module going for 15 euros? I have someone in poland coming down in october, so that ways I might save on shipping and customs.

3. Were you able to resolve the tag light error in the MFD after replacing them with aftermarket ones? I asked the showroom guys, they said there won't be any error popping up in the MFD.

4. The showroom guys are offering me original VW Jetta rubber mats, should I go ahead with it or buy the 3D mats most of the Jetta owners are opting for ?

5. Sunfilm: Vkool or Llumar. Huge price difference, what do you suggest?

6. Door sills: They are also suggesting I get aluminum door sills in order to prevent scratches. Worth it ?

7. Carpet lamination: Now since the interior is beige, they suggest to get the carpet laminated so that it doesn't get dirty with muck etc. Worth it again?

8. Mud flaps: Did you or anyone you know fit mud flaps from VW or aftermarket retailer? They are charging roughly 3k for each mudflap!

I want to get everything right before the car is mine so that I don't have to run around to the showroom. Also I prefer getting everything done from VW so that they fit everything back properly.

Lastly, anything else that you suggest I look into before/after I get the car? Its been my routine now that everything night I am scavenging VW forums esp TBHP and youtube to find out as much as I can about the car. I hope I've made the right decision by going ahead with the Jetta.

Thanks in advance and please keep on posting any updates about your MKVI.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:44   #199
BHPian

Thanks Chetanya, and congratulations on the Jetta and your refined colour choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post
1. What number plate is that? Where and how much did it cost ?
Regular Embossed, INR1.2K - Dealer in Pune
Quote:
2. The BT module from car systems.pl
This is the one I got off Carsystems. The part number is 3C8035730B and it comes complete with the harness as well as the foam cover.
Quote:
3. Were you able to resolve the tag light error in the MFD after replacing them with aftermarket ones?
I know how to resolve it, unfortunately I've been too busy (read lazy) to get off my rear end and do it. Currently still living with the light out error on my MFD for the registration plate lights.
Quote:
4. The showroom guys are offering me original VW Jetta rubber mats
I have Star mats in my car, couldn't locate anyone dealing 3D mats and settled for Star's in the front which are the exact same concept as the 3D mats. Its been a few months now and I notice them beginning to slip while I'm entering or exiting the vehicle. They are not anchored into place as they don't have holes in them for the retention clips. They OEM mats would be better in this regards but they wouldn't cover as much of the carpet as the 3D's do. I suggest get the 3D's and peirce holes in them to fit into the retention clips. Get OEM rubber mat for the trunk!

Quote:
5. Sunfilm: Vkool or Llumar.
Neither, Get 3M that too the CR's! I have the 70's in front and 50's all around couldn't be happier. They cost me around 24K so definitely the priciest option, but so worth it in my opinion.

Quote:
6. Door sills
I don't have them and neither do I have any scratches. They look pretty though, so I am evaluating getting them. Be aware some users have reported that incorrectly installed ones scratch up the underside of the door that closes over them.

Quote:
7. Carpet lamination
You could go for it, I'm thinking the same myself although the carpet has been just fine under the star mats all this time. I'm thinking they will help just a wee bit with noise insulation if I use thick enough material.

Quote:
8. Mud flaps
NO! They do nothing but detract from the look of the car and scrape against every speed breaker and pebble there is anywhere.

Quote:
Lastly, anything else that you suggest
Sure, I will send you a list of LED bulbs that I'm compiling for a member that approached me over PM and anything else I can think off.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback on my car I sincerely appreciate it. Drop me a note any-time for any information or help.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 07:41   #200
Team-BHP Support

I have original Jetta mats in my Jetta. It is fine, you might find it is a little short in the rear but not an alarming problem.
Old 8th July 2012, 12:44   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have original Jetta mats in my Jetta. It is fine, you might find it is a little short in the rear but not an alarming problem.
But is it worth odd 8000rs ? Star mats go from 2500-3500 and 3D's for 5.5k. I actually do want black rubber type mats v/s beige. I would go mad keeping the beige ones clean.

Also, anyone got a tyre swap after delivery? I spoke to couple of retailers in milan subway, santacruz. The goodyear eagle NCT comes for 6900 odd. The price for new michelin energy is 8900. They said I could possibly get 5200 for my goodyear eagles which I think I could bargain when I go there. Do you guys think its a good idea upgrading the tires now rather than being with them for 50,000kms? My main concern is tyre noise ! The whole swap would set me back some 14-16k.
Old 8th July 2012, 13:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Also, anyone got a tyre swap after delivery? ............
My main concern is tyre noise ! The whole swap would set me back some 14-16k.
I'm still running the NCT's due to the fact that I left the country almost immediately after taking delivery of the car for a while and couldn't get them swapped. Coming to the later part of your query, they have quietened down somewhat after near 8k Kms and also these tyres are certainly not going to give you 50K Kms, I'd say stock should be good for 20 to 25K so wait and get new shoes in a couple of years. Spend that money on the BT module.
Old 8th July 2012, 15:26   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But is it worth odd 8000rs ? Star mats go from 2500-3500 and 3D's for 5.5k. I actually do want black rubber type mats v/s beige. I would go mad keeping the beige ones clean.
I negotiated them as part of the deal but they fit well. Try and get them for Rs 5000 it is old stock they are trying to unload!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 10:58   #204
Senior - BHPian

My advice is to get the 3d mats. If possible the beige ones. The black mats show dirt and rubbish while beige blends well

The mat that VW gave sits below the 3d mats and with just regular cleaning, meaning removing and emptying the mats keeps your car clean.

Again I would insist on beige over black.
Old 10th July 2012, 20:54   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
I'm still running the NCT's due to the fact that I left the country almost immediately after taking delivery of the car for a while and couldn't get them swapped. Coming to the later part of your query, they have quietened down somewhat after near 8k Kms and also these tyres are certainly not going to give you 50K Kms, I'd say stock should be good for 20 to 25K so wait and get new shoes in a couple of years. Spend that money on the BT module.
BT module is in the list but I want to get the tires first. I called up a few places for Michelin Energy/Yokohama AVID. Quotes are from 7000-8900. Brand new GoodYear NCTs cost around 6900, they offered me 5200 or so, I will have to negotiate as far as the swap goes. Any recommendation on what brand of tires would be ideal?

Also, called up the VW accessories dept to get some price quotes.

1. Trunk mat for 3500/- (Going for it)
2. Transparent sill protector for boot - 4600/- (Do you suggest this ?)
3. They said I should get transparent sun film v/s the normal ones thanks to the new Supreme Court order. Do you think its wise enough to put expensive film and then rip it apart when pulled over by cops for the same ?

Vkools for 8000/- and Llumar for 4500/- (I don't want to spend 24k on 3Ms)

4. Carpet lamination is 7000/- with only one year warranty !

Your suggestions please.
Also apologizes for bombarding your thread with questions.
Old 10th July 2012, 21:21   #206
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Accessories - Boot sill guard – transparent

The boot sill is just a waste of money. Chances of you scratching the part this sill protects is very minimal. Just dont waste your money on this.

I have put expensive Vkook films on my car which is 70 % visible. I am confident i can convince the cops its factory fitted if at all i am questioned.

Carpet lamination is another item i would never waste money on. Ignore that as well.

Trunk Mat - Again not sure why we need this. Its been over 1.5 years and never felt the need for it.

But what i want is a BT module installed and and and...damn..cant think of any other accessories to this fully loaded car.

The only reason i picked a jetta was i didnt have to spend anything more like a stereo or anything...Go jetta go..
Old 11th July 2012, 07:49   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendation on what brand of tires would be ideal?
1. Trunk mat ...
2. Transparent sill protector for boot - 4600/- (Do you suggest this ?)
3. ... Supreme Court order. Do you think its wise enough to put expensive film and then rip it apart when pulled over by cops for the same ?
4. Carpet lamination is 7000/- with only one year warranty !

Your suggestions please.
Also apologizes for bombarding your thread with questions.
Tyres, personally I prefer Michelins.

Get the Trunk sill protector if you do use your trunk often and really run the risk of scratching it moving luggage in or out.

The mat though would be very handy and will save your trunk liner some bother from all situations be it diry luggage or grocery spills et. al.

I got my films installed much before the SC order, having spent that much I've decided to not rip them out unless its absolutely neccessary and there is no other option. I mean come on, one can still spot official (govt. etc) cars in Pune with sunfilms on. But I can understand your point, in this scenario go for the brand that offers the least VLT but maximum heat rejection.

Carpet lamination, get it; I know people with this in their cars and they are happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
But what i want is a BT module installed and and and...damn..cant think of any other accessories to this fully loaded car.
I can think of quite a few accessories as well as upgrades that should be available and I want! eg. The RNS system, Bigger Wheels, ESP control, KESSY, Xenons, TPMS ....
Old 11th July 2012, 11:31   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The RNS system, Bigger Wheels, ESP control, KESSY, Xenons, TPMS ....
Additionally spending on these would mean i would rather spend that additional and move towards a 3 series hehehe..

Though i understand where you are going.

My comparison was more from the point that we usually spend on basics including music system, alloy wheels, additional speakers and what not.

The 2010 generation Jetta comfortline with the lack of automated front seat is fully loaded with RCD, 8 air bags and everything else that comes in our new highline. Thats why i meant it was fully loaded.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:11   #209
Senior - BHPian

@ Ayedongivadam and others who are interested in the BT module.

The BT module is nothing but a DIY. Please understand its not a simple DIY but a little tedious and something you should have guts about removing the dash, the RCD system etc.

Why i say its a DIY is that it does not require any VCD coding in India. Today my SA installed the BT module in the car and we reached out to John(thanks to Ayedongivadam).

John explained that all you had to do was search the phone through cluster/rcd510, locate phone and just pair the phone.

Everything else gets automaticallly ported and you do not touch the VCDS at all.

So any Jetta owners wanting to go BT way, just get the BT from Carsystems. Go through youtube to remove the RCD unit, follow guide from Car systems to send the wires through the dash, setting up mic and antenna and simply connect with your phone.

Micromax paired in few seconds. I am guessing others may not have a problem.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 14:25   #210
Senior - BHPian

@ayedongivadam and @Arunm

Guys,

The BT is working beautifully. But i have two things to fix. Enabling voice activation and the BT music is not exactly working like BT.

I am not able to change songs in the system or steering wheel.

Are you guys able to change songs in the steering wheel or the RCD screen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks