To unscrew the pictured Trim Screws
Attachment 858563

Step 1: Use the Allen Key to unscrew both the screws
Attachment 858564

Step 2: Gently pry out the Trim from under the beading
Attachment 858565

As below
Attachment 858566

The spring will originally be in this position or in the middle hole - I had mine in the no. 1 hole; tried the middle before I moved to the fully extended position it is in now; The last hole works best for me.
Attachment 858567

As such
Attachment 858568

Repeat the steps for the other spring on the opposite side, try the trunk opening action out a couple of times, reinsert trim (push it in under the rubber beading firmly using both your palms flat against the trunk) Align the Trim holes to the Screw receptacles on the trunk metal - Re screw, Admire and enjoy!
Congratulations, join the club! Happy New Year! Great review, and thanks! This boot half opening thing was bugging me like crazy. I have a mini weekend project to do now. Am inspired by the stuff you are doing to the car.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:02   #47
BHPian

re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Hey sid. The B-pillar strips... how do they look on the car? Expecting some pics soon dude.

And you list of orders are pretty interesting, Waiting eagerly for updates from you as and when you install them. Of particular mention is the city light conversion kit....
Thanks Druk, I appreciate your feedback and encouragement. I'm trying to straighten out the chrome strips before I attempt to put them on the car (Check out the pics, they were bent when I received them) have got them straightened out a bit and am now waiting for some sunshine / sunny weather as glue bonds better when applied to warm surfaces. Will most probably get around to doing it on an afternoon over the weekend. Will post pics of the car when I have the strips up. I will also try and get a complete DIY picture post of the LED conversion once I receive the bulbs from ECS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
Thanks for the information. After seeing your add-ons, i am quite tempted myself to get the HID conversion kit. I did some research on this and i found a conversion kit for the whole headlight (low and high beam) on ebay. Any reason you didn't go for both?
Hey Reventon, I did not convert the Hi/Lo beams (Main lights) to HID. I've just swapped out the filament bulbs from everything other than the Turn signal and Main lights to LED bulbs. I was thinking of having HID projectors retrofitted in some headlight assemblies and then swapping out the entire assembly with my car but I have dropped that idea for now for the lack of skilled help and a clean, sterile environment to split the units open in. I'm currently debating dropping in a HID kit but that will depend on how safe it would be for myself as well as oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Congratulations, join the club! Happy New Year! Great review, and thanks! This boot half opening thing was bugging me like crazy. I have a mini weekend project to do now. Am inspired by the stuff you are doing to the car.
Thanks Aurum, wish you a rocking year ahead too. We, Mumbai and Pune Jett'rs should meet up sometime soon.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I'm currently debating dropping in a HID kit but that will depend on how safe it would be for myself as well as oncoming traffic
Please keep updating on this. It's a shame Jetta doesn't already come with this when most of the competition offers it. Plus, i hate that VW is a tad too sensitive with their warranty.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Please keep updating on this. It's a shame Jetta doesn't already come with this when most of the competition offers it. Plus, i hate that VW is a tad too sensitive with their warranty.
Thanks Reventon, I will. Yeah HID's with projectors would have looked really cool in the current dual bulb setup of the Jetta's light housing.

The warranty, the limitation of which is something I'm currently exploring with my dealer. As updated earlier I have received my Bluetooth + Voice control module (9WZ) from Poland, this is a genuine VW part complete with a part number for the Jetta. I've requested the dealer to get in touch with VW India and get authorization to retrofit the module in my car. Lets see how that goes. If VW does it for me, nothing like it. If they don't, won't or can't for any reason I'm going to install it with the help of a third party once my Ross-Tech cable comes in, hopefully mid February. And then I'm going to kick up a storm with VW, as I believe its my right to get an accessory installed in my own car when I choose without consequence to the overall warranty of the car. Refer the Magnuson-Moss Act.

If these corporations can honor the rights of consumers abroad, they better be ready to honor our rights too.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 10:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Thanks Reventon, I will. Yeah HID's with projectors would have looked really cool in the current dual bulb setup of the Jetta's light housing.

The warranty, the limitation of which is something I'm currently exploring with my dealer. As updated earlier I have received my Bluetooth + Voice control module (9WZ) from Poland, this is a genuine VW part complete with a part number for the Jetta. I've requested the dealer to get in touch with VW India and get authorization to retrofit the module in my car. Lets see how that goes. If VW does it for me, nothing like it. If they don't, won't or can't for any reason I'm going to install it with the help of a third party once my Ross-Tech cable comes in, hopefully mid February. And then I'm going to kick up a storm with VW, as I believe its my right to get an accessory installed in my own car when I choose without consequence to the overall warranty of the car. Refer the Magnuson-Moss Act.

If these corporations can honor the rights of consumers abroad, they better be ready to honor our rights too.
Way to go! Lets push this point. This is exactly what I've asked my dealer to check as well a month and half back. They havent officially got back yet. The sense I get is that they are OK to do it unofficially, but not having done it before, they are a bit tentative about it. I almost get the feeling that for them to deal with VW is like hitting their head on a brick wall. They dont seem to have any influence or bargaining power at all.
Aurum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 10:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Way to go! Lets push this point. This is exactly what I've asked my dealer to check as well a month and half back. They havent officially got back yet. The sense I get is that they are OK to do it unofficially, but not having done it before, they are a bit tentative about it. I almost get the feeling that for them to deal with VW is like hitting their head on a brick wall. They dont seem to have any influence or bargaining power at all.
I should be hearing from them by next weekend. If your dealer is ok to do this unofficially I wouldnt mind coming down to Mumbai and getting this done. I have the step-by-step on how to go about getting the module retrofitted and I also have the codes that need to be changed in the control module to activate the steering controls and the device.
Old 6th January 2012, 11:37   #52
BHPian

As far as i can tell, most of these dealers/SE are ignorant about VW policies and they do not have a clear idea on what does and what does NOT void warranty. They try to take the easier way out rather than investigating deeply into it. And the sad part is, it does work on most customers because so much as a mention of warranty being voided is enough to deter most customers from going down that path.

Ayedongiveadam, if you can get your dealer to budge, that would indeed be a massive achievement! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
...We, Mumbai and Pune Jett'rs should meet up sometime soon.
There is a Mumbai (& Pune) Meet being planned in the Meet Section. Are the Jett'rs planning to attend it?
(I have signed up in the tentative list due to certain travel related contingencies.)
Old 6th January 2012, 12:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I should be hearing from them by next weekend. If your dealer is ok to do this unofficially I wouldnt mind coming down to Mumbai and getting this done. I have the step-by-step on how to go about getting the module retrofitted and I also have the codes that need to be changed in the control module to activate the steering controls and the device.
Great... Guys if this is moving please let me know as well. Would be very keen to get this done for my ride as well.

Sid can you pls let me know how did you go about getting the bluetooth module & the pricing for the same as well.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
As far as i can tell, most of these dealers/SE are ignorant about VW policies and they do not have a clear idea on what does and what does NOT void warranty. They try to take the easier way out rather than investigating deeply into it. And the sad part is, it does work on most customers because so much as a mention of warranty being voided is enough to deter most customers from going down that path.

Ayedongiveadam, if you can get your dealer to budge, that would indeed be a massive achievement! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
You can be certain I'll push them hard. Lets see I should have an update soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
There is a Mumbai (& Pune) Meet being planned in the Meet Section. Are the Jett'rs planning to attend it?
(I have signed up in the tentative list due to certain travel related contingencies.)
Excellent, let me see if it fits into my schedule too. If not we could have a meet one of these weekends somewhere halfway in Lonavla to introduce our Jetta's to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Great... Guys if this is moving please let me know as well. Would be very keen to get this done for my ride as well.

Sid can you pls let me know how did you go about getting the bluetooth module & the pricing for the same as well.
VK, I got mine from CarSystems Poland. This is the exact kit I've ordered.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 18:38   #56
BHPian

Great job with the mods. The warranty is very dealer specific ( i know this has only been said like a hundred times in every ownership thread !! ). The skoda guys here retroffited my multifunction steering with paddles, 9w7 bluetooth kit, and a touchscreen bolero system for my laura dsg elegance. All with official job cards and labour charges. Obviously i had to buy all the parts and convince them they were original skoda parts. If you can convice them then there's no need to worry about your warranty. Also if any coding is involved i suggest you do it by yourself using vcds because VAS isnt very user friendly.
But i was extremely lucky because the skoda service manager here was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Hope you get all your mods done!!

Attaching a few pics of the 9w7 BT kit after fitting

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-p1020570..jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-p1020544..jpg

I also got my 9w7 kit from the same seller but via ebay. He ships it really fast. I got mine from poland in exactly 3 days!!!!!!

Last edited by vinj14 : 6th January 2012 at 18:40.
vinj14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 18:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aye,
Congratulations !
That's one heckuva car.Lovely colour, shapely looks and overall appeal.
And some neat DiYs you seem to be showing us. Keep at it and would love to pick up some tips for small nifty additions for my ride.

Good going !
Old 7th January 2012, 20:21   #58
BHPian

What i don't get is why all this unnecessary adamancy when VW could be generating quite a sizable income from selling all these OEM accessories themselves? Even the dealership would benefit from labour charges for installing these. I'm sure a lot of people would go for it just for convenience sake rather than having to order parts online and battling it out with the dealers to keep their warranty. I know i would.
Old 7th January 2012, 20:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
.... The skoda guys here retroffited my multifunction steering with paddles, 9w7 bluetooth kit, and a touchscreen bolero system for my laura dsg elegance. All with official job cards and labour charges. .....
Also if any coding is involved i suggest you do it by yourself using vcds because VAS isnt very user friendly.
Hope you get all your mods done!!
Thanks Vinj, your success in getting your retrofits in place gives me hope that VW will see sense and relent too. I'm getting my Ross-Tech cable by mid-february and I'll be free from VAS for the most part. Cant wait!

Q. Since you got Skoda service to run the 9W7 harness from under the floor carpet to the back of the Bolero, would you happen to have any photos of the act? Were any modifications/splits required to be made to the Harness? Where did you plant the Mic unit, does the Laura also have the mic installed overhead in the Map-Light console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Aye,
Congratulations !
That's one heckuva car.Lovely colour, shapely looks and overall appeal.
And some neat DiYs you seem to be showing us. Keep at it and would love to pick up some tips for small nifty additions for my ride.

Good going !
Danke mein General. Appreciate your stopping by as yours has been one of the threads I've been inspired by. Here's to the Admiral and the Dub getting to know each other over one of the meets!
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 14:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
What i don't get is why all this unnecessary adamancy when VW could be generating quite a sizable income from selling all these OEM accessories themselves? Even the dealership would benefit from labour charges for installing these. I'm sure a lot of people would go for it just for convenience sake rather than having to order parts online and battling it out with the dealers to keep their warranty. I know i would.
Spot on Reventon! For me its not been whats missing from the car that been a bother its actually the lack of accessories in the country from VW (The same kits are available almost worldwide) and the expertise with the dealer technicians to fit them in.

Anyway, I spent the day looking for technicians (Car accessory showroom guys) and found one with some experience on a couple of things that I want done. If the dealer says no to my 9WZ kit install, this is the accessory shop I'll be going to for help with running the harness in my car once I have my Ross-tech cable with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks