Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 19:30   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

My LittleBigFoot is now fully initiated into its life of being an Utility vehicle - I ve happily carried an empty gas cylinder to the dealership and exchanged it for a full one. The cylinder sits peacefully alongside the Golf Bag and trolley etc amongst the other junkmatics that I carry around in the back.

I have spent a bit of time giving the car a good bath today ( we dont bathe it more than once perhaps twice a week max). Used some nice leather wipes to clean and buff all the leather inside, the seats and trim. Used that Jopasu duster to give a good wipe to all the other inside surfaces, dashboard etc.

Car smells nice inside and is pretty squeaky clean.

Cheers.
Old 8th January 2012, 18:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shankar.

Wishing you fun filled and safe miles ahead.
Old 8th January 2012, 19:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shankar.balan on owning a fine vehicle. Do keep us posted on the long term reports.
Old 8th January 2012, 20:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations shankar.balan. I have been following your posts for quite sometime now. I feel yeti will satisy all your requirements and wish you a very memorable ownership experience. Your posts have always been very neutral and hence looking forward to your feedback on the "little big foot".
Old 12th January 2012, 16:26   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the only SUV that can out-handle some sedans . The Yeti has superb ride & dynamics balance, great interior quality & an awesome engine. I just don't like those funny looks

Shankar, hope she gives you many years of reliable service.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 16:33   #36
BHPian

Congrats Shankar,hoping you have wonderful exciting long drives ahead.And keep your thread updated with lots of stunning pictures.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:05   #37
BANNED

Thanks a lot for your good wishes!
I am also looking forward to some driving in this new beast.

I will keep sending a few updates now and then on this thread.
Incidentally my Smart Card RC landed up at home around 4 -5 days back - all by itself, from the RTO through Speed Post. Most excellent automatic service I must say.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Shankar.

Wishing you fun filled and safe miles ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats shankar.balan on owning a fine vehicle. Do keep us posted on the long term reports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Many congratulations shankar.balan. I have been following your posts for quite sometime now. I feel yeti will satisy all your requirements and wish you a very memorable ownership experience. Your posts have always been very neutral and hence looking forward to your feedback on the "little big foot".
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the only SUV that can out-handle some sedans . The Yeti has superb ride & dynamics balance, great interior quality & an awesome engine. I just don't like those funny looks

Shankar, hope she gives you many years of reliable service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Congrats Shankar,hoping you have wonderful exciting long drives ahead.And keep your thread updated with lots of stunning pictures.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th January 2012 at 20:18.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:34   #38
BHPian

Congrats Shankar!
I will soon add a Yeti to my family as well and waiting to explore it with waited breath :-)

Cheers,
Sid
Old 13th January 2012, 07:17   #39
BANNED

Good one!
Enjoy the Car like I am.
It will bring a smile everytime you sit in it or see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Congrats Shankar!
I will soon add a Yeti to my family as well and waiting to explore it with waited breath :-)

Cheers,
Sid
Old 17th January 2012, 21:40   #40
BHPian

Hi Shankar,

Seems the LittleBigFoot now's got new shoes :-)
need to check how the new alloys look on the 2012 version and also need to find if there are any other changes?

Cheers,
Sid
Old 18th January 2012, 11:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My LittleBigFoot is now fully initiated into its life of being an Utility vehicle - I ve happily carried an empty gas cylinder to the dealership and exchanged it for a full one. The cylinder sits peacefully alongside the Golf Bag and trolley etc amongst the other junkmatics that I carry around in the back.

Cheers.
Did you happen to do it on one of the weekends in Dec in Kormangala before noon, near the BP bunk? k_ajay and I, with our Fabias standing just ahead, saw a Yeti with loading/unloading gas cylinder. We did wonder if it was you?
Old 18th January 2012, 19:41   #42
BANNED

I go to Vivek Nagar BP Agency. Not in Koramangala.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Did you happen to do it on one of the weekends in Dec in Kormangala before noon, near the BP bunk? k_ajay and I, with our Fabias standing just ahead, saw a Yeti with loading/unloading gas cylinder. We did wonder if it was you?
Old 18th January 2012, 20:00   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Shankar congratulations on the Yeti and on starting this thread as well. I was closely following your agonising choice between the used Tucson and new Yeti and was thrilled to bits when you chose the latter (well...the choice got made for you but never mind!)

I was one of the few who loved the Yeti at first sight and still wonder why it doesn't sell as much as (I think) it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the only SUV that can out-handle some sedans . The Yeti has superb ride & dynamics balance, great interior quality & an awesome engine.
It does, doesn't it? Those are the precise reasons why I could never be totally comfortable in an SUV and have always opted for a sedan/hatch over a UV. But one look at those Yeti interiors really blew me away and frankly, I can live with the quirky looks.

Will follow this thread closely. Keep posting!
Old 18th January 2012, 20:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a great car shankar.balan.

The Yeti is well made and will last you many many years and kilometers.

Let's hope the Indian market will mature given time and people be able to look beyond the size of a car when deciding. I would love to see cars like Yeti succeed in our market.

Have fun with the LittleBigFoot.
Old 20th January 2012, 21:35   #45
BHPian

Hi Sankar,
A long follower of your posts regarding the yeti and congrats on the new car. I have been following the yeti threads since 3 months now and finally bought a white 4x4 elegance . Got it delivered a week before.

I have been looking for a compact diesel SUV after i sold my petrol superb. the rising petrol cost and the worries on the regular failure of 2009 DSG's made me sell the superb.

The booking process has been quite long and eventful. Initially made an advance payment of 50k with the kochi dealer with a certain discount agreed, however later cancelled as he changed his word on the offered discount telling the offer is over. Read about the discounts being given in Bangalore, called up Tafe access and he promised a better deal on the 4x4 ambiente (Discount on elegance was less). He also mentioned that we can take delivery in Blore, make a temperory regn and get the car registered in Kerala, so as to avoid the huge karnataka taxes. Paid 1 lakh booking amount and cancelled the kochi booking. Then I get a call from another Kerala dealer promising a better deal. I asked him to work out a deal on the elegance model and he gave an even better offer. Finally booked the car with this dealer and cancelled the bangalore booking.

As I work in Dubai and came for a short 15 days leave during Christmas, i asked him to make sure, the car is delivered in the promised delivery date of 4th January 2012, so that i can drive the car for atleast 5 days. As usual the delivery is delayed due to various reasons, but the dealer gave me his 2100km run yeti (Test drive car) to drive until we get our car delivered. Really appreciated this and never expected this from a Skoda dealer. Had a fun filled 5 days drive of this matto brown car..

Finally the car arrived and my Father went for taking delivery with the team bhp PDI list. But was surprised to know the car had a manufacture date of June 2011. Initially did not accept the car, however after long discussions, and a very detailed pdi by father and driver, we accepted the car. The dealer told that 6 months earlier manufacturing date for a CKD car is normal and the date is when the car components are manufactured in Europe and not the assembly date in India. Can somebody advise whether this is true ??

Anyway extremely happy with the selection as it fits my bill perfectly, excellent handling and power, very good mileage, ground clearance, loves the compact dimensions and specially the exclusivity as there are hardly any yeti's in kerala roads. The sad part is that i can only drive my new yeti when i come in June - July for my annual vacations, however thinking of a short visit to India in March, only for driving the yeti to the ghats.

Sorry for the long post and using your thread for this.

Regards,
RM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks