Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2016, 07:46   #466
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

I got these Completely re fitted.
They did it earlier when I was away but this time too it wasn't done properly. I made them do it again a third time.
Now it finally looks ok. No gaps between the body and the fender extenders. Very very minor gap on the left front bottom which he assures me was unavoidable.

Here are the pics of the poor round of second installation and the finally re-done ones.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5395.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5400.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5396.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5397.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5398.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5399.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5358.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-img_5359.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th June 2016 at 08:03.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 10:09   #467
KMT
BHPian

Makes the vehicle look wider and more 'butch'.
Perhaps next tyre change you can go with wider tyres.
Overall a nice addition.
Old 19th June 2016, 04:52   #468
BANNED

Fatter tyres may lead to wheel arch fouling.
Plus of course one will likely stray out of the safe zone in terms of upsize and thus cause suspension issues and the like.
Old 17th July 2016, 06:37   #469
BANNED

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...d-power-survey

Happy read for Skoda owners.

They need to reach similar levels in India too, considering their excellent cars!
Old 18th July 2016, 11:08   #470
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hi Shankar. As you may have read, Singh Motors Patna wound up their business here. There is no news of a new dealer being appointed.
I have written to the area service manager but he has not responded.

Could you suggest some people with whom I could escalate the matter?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:45   #471
BANNED

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
1. How robust is the suspension to drive it through roads full of gravels without slowing down? With the brilliant multi-link suspension, if I need to slow down on rough patches, then its not fun.

The suspension is good on tough patches, smooth sailing over most patches which is unnoticed inside, though i have not travelled in rough patch in high speed.

2. The ground clearance is relatively low, so is it very likely to scrape the underbody while going over speed breakers?
I havent hit anytime over the speedbrakers, which were usually larger than usual. It has underbody guard anwyay

Suspension:
I use a 6 year old Yeti.
I note that when I slow down and crawl over bumps or rumble strips or bad patches, the ride is pretty uncomfortable because of the relatively harder suspension set up.
However, if I travel over the said bumps, rumble strips or bad patches at a slightly higher and constant speed - say around 30kmph or so, the vehicle simply takes these things in its stride and one can hardly feel those bumps inside the cabin.

Ground Clearance:
The GC is 180mm in the stock Yeti.
I have (with a load of 4 adults including myself) scraped the underside /bottom over some of these huge speed humps in Bangalore.
A year or so ago, I upgraded my Tyres to 215/65/16 from the stock size of 215/60/16. I also added in the Rogerab suspension dampers on all four sides of the suspension coil spring setup.
These two steps combined, have given me an additional GC of about 10mm, which means my Yeti has now got 190mm clearance.
Saying that, the real benefit of these Rogerab suspension dampers, is the fact that they marginally reduce the articulation of the suspension and shock absorbers when going over these kinds of huge speed bumps and the like.
This helps with a firmer ride and an almost negligible chance of "bottoming out" over the said bumps. I find that it is extremely helpful and comfortable and it has done wonders for my peace of mind for sure.
Old 20th November 2019, 21:23   #472
Team-BHP Support

I had the opportunity to drive the Yeti today. I was toying with the idea of replacing my 67k run Jetta with this. The exterior and interiors are in good condition but reflect the age of the car. It would need a detail in the near future.

I took it on a mix of Koramangala's finest roads as well as the inner ring road. The car is solid and rattle free. There is a clonk occasionally but am not sure if it is from the additive bottle in the boot. Engine runs sweetly and traction is pretty good especially midrange. Clutch is heavy and this is the sticky point. I could live with it but my wife would not be able to manage the delayed bite point.

The Yeti is easy to place in traffic and it was a doddle. However with the 4wd, I pushed it hard on the Inner Ring Road access curve towards Koramangala and the gubbins interfered and the handling is geared to safer understeer. For an SUV, it was really tractable, best I have driven this side of Macan however, the Jetta (similar underpinnings) is more precise. The Jetta brakes are much more superior.

I drove the Jetta back to back and made a decision, a hard decision at that.

When I approached Shankar last week, my circumstances allowed me to consider travelling out off the beaten track and possibly the lunar surfaces on planet Sarjapur and the Milky Whitefield Way. This would have been the go-to car to get me home whether before/during/after whitetopping roads or through diminishing green lanes.

Alas, I got to know a couple of days ago that my forthcoming area of operation will be barely 2 km from home hence I would not do justice to this car. Hence, I need to pass on this well maintained car. Considering the documentation and the care, the car is well priced although some might find it slightly higher than others.
ajmat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 05:07   #473
BANNED

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Thanks Ajmat for test driving and your pronouncement on my trusty steed.
I shall be (regretfully) saying bye bye to it as soon as a worthy buyer appears and confirms.
Im not going to just 'dump' it - it deserves better than that.
However, I will happily give it to a fellow enthusiast at a reasonable price considering everything thats been done on that car.
It still tugs my heartstrings to look at it and drive it. That 140bhp power surge in 2nd or even 3rd gear when wishing to overtake slower vehicles, that poise it has over the rough roads of Bangalore, its versatility and clever layout and storage and the overall kit that it has, still make it one of the most relevant vehicles for our market; even now in 2019-2020!
Sadly the poor thing is and always has been extremely under appreciated by the larger masses. It was way ahead of its time for a developing market like ours.
But now is the time to steel myself and take action and emerge into the sunshine of a new (used) purchase of a more relevant vehicle for my daily needs and wants.
Its been a good and enjoyable 8 year innings with the Yeti.
Time now, to consider the bye bye/ let go process...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st November 2019 at 05:09.
shankar.balan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:38   #474
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shankar.balan, sad to hear you letting go of your Yeti considering the passion and care you had maintained and run it over the years. Except for the automatic transmission, one can nearly bring up the old Yeti to spec with newer features and blings to stay relavant today - be it headunit, carplay, rear camera, 25% more power and torque via remap, which I did without breaking my bank. Anyways, wishing you the very best ownership on your Yeti's replacement.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:33   #475
BANNED

Thanks ITNERD

It is a great vehicle but now I am simply seeking an Auto Transmission Luxe Hatch.
Seems just easier for daily city usage.
Hope Yeti goes to a good home!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:24   #476
BANNED

Looks like a nice chap has Come forward to buy.

Price appears to be in the expectation ball park too.

Having interacted with him over a drive in the Yeti I believe the Yeti will be going to a good home.

So far so good 8 years on.

Now for my own next vehicle.

Will keep the group posted.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:21   #477
BHPian

Hello Sir,

By the way, what's the price for this beautiful Yeti.
Old 26th November 2019, 19:46   #478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hello Sir,

By the way, what's the price for this beautiful Yeti.

Gone out of the market man.
The buyer is taking it away tomorrow or day after.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 09:23   #479
BANNED

Its gone this morning.
Transfer process being initiated this morning too. Insurance closure as well.
So bye bye Silver LittleBigFoot.
8 years 47712kms.
Ciao.The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574826778.922909.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 15:38   #480
BANNED

Done and Dusted.
Transfer applied for. New RC in 10-15 days direct to new owner.
Officially acknowledged by RTO.
Fresh Insurance done.
Car and every shred of its documentation and keys and everything gone.
8 years.
47735 kms.
Dusted.
Over.
Enjoy your new home my faithful friend!

Ciao!
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574849292.293226.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed