Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 18:30   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath

Hey Shankar, did you get those 3d mats installed? I too am thinking of getting them for Hariya so let me know if you want to combine the deal. In case you already got them, do let me know the price so that I can get them at the same place.
Not yet Dev. Am traveling most of next week so I guess I will be able to find out about the availability and price of these only towards next weekend or so. I will let you know though.
Cheers.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:44   #77
BANNED

re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

I had some free time today so went to Hot Tracks (the long and scenic route home)
Bought the set of 5 3D Kagu Spyder Mats in Black for 6000 + another Boot Mat (specially cut) for another 3500. Got a nice USB 12 Volt Ipod Charger also which was priced at Rs 950/- Paid 10K overall with a discount and used the credit card as well. First they grumbled that they would have to pay the bank but I dug my toes in so they let me through. Expensive mats but worth it in my opinion because the 3D Mats fit like a glove. Very good quality stuff so I dont mind. They said that ideally my original 4 textile mats should be removed and kept at home but what I ve done is to simply put them on top of the Kagu mats. The original skoda mats are of good quality and dont slide about in the footwell so it is not a problem per se.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th February 2012 at 19:45.
Old 28th February 2012, 14:43   #78
BANNED

Here are some pics of my Kagu's in the Yeti. These are originals, specifically made for the Yeti and from Hot Tracks.
The rear dicky one is of similar material but not Kagu. However it has the same spidery stuff on the underside. I use it as a boot liner and place the Yoga mats on top of it for the dogs to lie on.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-20120228021.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-20120228023.jpg  

The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-20120228022.jpg  

Old 28th February 2012, 19:12   #79
BHPian

Hi Shankar:

I am a golfer too, in Pune, and if you are ever in Pune, please do not forget to get in touch with me and I'll set up a game for us. It should be fun. I am a 6 handicap, so won't be quite the embarrassment to you.

Please write to amit1164@gmail.com and I'll send you my mobile number in reply.
Old 29th February 2012, 07:39   #80
BANNED

Thanks! Oxford Golf Club one day? Or Poona Club Golf Annexe?

Well, I will probably be an embarrassment to you because I play to about 18 and an inconsistent 18 at that!

Cheers and keep in touch via PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
Hi Shankar:

I am a golfer too, in Pune, and if you are ever in Pune, please do not forget to get in touch with me and I'll set up a game for us. It should be fun. I am a 6 handicap, so won't be quite the embarrassment to you.

Please write to amit1164@gmail.com and I'll send you my mobile number in reply.
Old 29th February 2012, 12:11   #81
BHPian

Dear Mods: Sorry for re-posting here, but I have no clue how to send a private message to you.

Dear Shankar: Please write to amit1164@gmail.com so we can take this discussion private.

Amit
Old 29th February 2012, 12:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
Dear Mods: Sorry for re-posting here, but I have no clue how to send a private message to you.

Dear Shankar: Please write to amit1164@gmail.com so we can take this discussion private.

Amit
Hi Amit.. Newbie's are not authorized to send a PM. Hence this feature is disabled.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:33   #83
BHPian

Hi Shankar,

Thanks a ton for the details on the mat. I had some sudden travel and couldn't connect with you on getting this for my yeti as well. The mats look fabulous and im going this weekend to get it done. I dont know if we would have got a better deal had we gone together. I guess it wouldnt have been much as my past experience with hot tracks has been that its a quite a hard place to get any discount. Thanks once again for your efforts.

Btw during this period i did a 600 odd km drive upto Mudigere (flameback resorts - Blr - Hassan - Belur - Mudigere) and it was absolutely fantastic! Roads are superb 95% of the time on NH 48 with a cruising speed of 140km/ hr and boy it was a dream drive. The resort is an unbelievable place to unwind amidst 250 acres of coffee plantation albeit being very expensive. On the way back it was a tue morning and i left mudigere at 10am and reached bangalore richmond circle at around 2pm with a 30min coffee break. And i am known as the slowest and safest driver in my group for any drive in the last 5 yrs and i consider the drive duration outrageous in hindsight. However it just is the measure of how the yeti makes me feel when im driving on the highway and my family members never once felt shaky or concerned. I just didnt realise the kms go by and was shocked to see the time we made it in. I have never made this 280 odd km drive in less than 4.5 hrs before. This is one car that has me falling in love all over again every single day. It is an absolutely sensible car in the price range / competition if your interests center around - love for travel with long distance driving pleasure as a driver, family of 4 in total comfort, excellent diesel mileage (my rough math was around 18) and a somewhat total sense of reliability/ peace in going anywhere anytime in terms of road conditions.. I read some recent news that the discounts are still going strong with atleast 1.6lakhs off across the country. And i slowly started noticing a lot more yetis on the road suddenly and i dont think its the 4x2 effect. I still feel the 4x4 at the current discount is a superb buy if it's on anyones radar. Lastly i fully now appreciate what a DSG gearbox woulda done to this car at this price - absolute perfection

Last edited by manson : 29th February 2012 at 15:00. Reason: Exessive smiley, typing ... like this .. and the Team - Bhp Protocol prohibits mention of speeds in excess of160 kmph. Please review the Announcement section before proceeding further.
Demonhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th February 2012, 22:39   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here are some pics of my Kagu's in the Yeti. These are originals, specifically made for the Yeti and from Hot Tracks.
Thanks Sankar for the photos, The mats looks really nice, I have also arranged to buy one...

Regards..
Old 28th March 2012, 09:27   #85
BANNED

The first scratch on the Yeti - caused by a falling wood apple or some sort of hard shelled fruit on my way to office. I heard a dull thunk and saw the round hard shelled thing rolling away as if my Yeti was playing football. This happened near the place in Koramangala where they are digging an underpass.
Checking for damage on reaching office I noted a tiny little scratch where the paint has gone off from the right side of the bumper / fender. Luckily no other damage, dent or anything else. It is a tiny scratch and invisible unless one knows it is there or looks for it. Wonder whether it will go off if I have it rubbed and polished in the next service. To me it seems a deep gouge and Im not sure if rubbing and polishing will remove it.
Anyway, could have been worse, so I wont grumble too much.
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!-first-scratch.jpg  

Old 28th March 2012, 09:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the scratch Shankar. Yes, it hurts for people who truly love their car. I have had a fair share of the same on my Falcon. Take it in your stride and some scars do justify on a rugged vehicle like the Yeti.

Beautiful colour by the way, same as my Falcon. Easy on maintenance as dust is not visible easily on silver. Your idea to place a Yoga mat as a dicky mat is a good one which I will try to replicate on my Rosso.

One question - Does this Yeti variant come with Bluetooth connectivity?

Keep us updated and Happy driving.

Last edited by dkaile : 28th March 2012 at 09:40.
Old 28th March 2012, 11:20   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The first scratch on the Yeti - caused by a falling wood apple or some sort of hard shelled fruit on my way to office. I heard a dull thunk and saw the round hard shelled thing rolling away as if my Yeti was playing football. This happened near the place in Koramangala where they are digging an underpass.
Checking for damage on reaching office I noted a tiny little scratch where the paint has gone off from the right side of the bumper / fender. Luckily no other damage, dent or anything else. It is a tiny scratch and invisible unless one knows it is there or looks for it. Wonder whether it will go off if I have it rubbed and polished in the next service. To me it seems a deep gouge and Im not sure if rubbing and polishing will remove it.
Anyway, could have been worse, so I wont grumble too much.
Cheers.
Sorry to hear about the scratch Shankar! But on the flip side your Yeti is now becoming battle ready and you need not worry too much about such small scratches. In the quest for higher adventures, there will always be some battle scars!
By this time, my Yeti has got so many little scars - mostly from little kids (including mine!) on bicycles colliding with a parked Yeti! Only battle scar which was due to my driving was when we had taken a 50 km long no-road detour some time back and got stuck on a narrow bridge!
My Yeti is all ready to go to Leh now in August, given that I can get better tyres!

One Suggestion:
Underneath your 3D Kagu mats, cut up a piece of Yoga mat (not to exact shape, but rectangular) and keep it below the mats - this helps absorb a lot of the vibrations from the floor and and actually even reduces road noise - I had implemented this 2 months back and it actually helps reduce the vibrations being transmitted to the feet.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 28th March 2012 at 11:23.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:37   #88
BANNED

Yup I guess so. Here we call it "Dhrishti". No worries.
Any idea where one can get that paint pen? Else I might simply place some rub strips there and mask that tiny scratch while protecting the vehicle's extremities at the same time.

Ref the Tyres I guess I will need to consider them in a year's time or 18 months or so.

Ref the Yoga mats under the Kagus - actually Ive retained my original textile mats under the Kagus and they dont cause any grief at all. I guess they would be performing the same function which you have outlined.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Sorry to hear about the scratch Shankar! But on the flip side your Yeti is now becoming battle ready and you need not worr
My Yeti is all ready to go to Leh now in August, given that I can get better tyres!

One Suggestion:
Underneath your 3D Kagu mats, cut up a piece of Yoga mat (not to exact shape, but rectangular) and keep it below the mats - this helps absorb a lot of the vibrations from the floor and and actually even reduces road noise - I had implemented this 2 months back and it actually helps reduce the vibrations being transmitted to the feet.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 28th March 2012, 12:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

One Suggestion:

Regards,
Behemoth
@Behemoth, One of the many features of the Kagu Mat is the spider hair like protrusions in the bottom of the mat. These hold on to OE carpet and ensure no movement of the mat even though there could be additional restraints to hold the mat in place.

Won't having a yoga mat underneath the Kagu mat will defeat the purpose. I would at least stay away from doing so for the driver footwell. Elsewhere it is not that critical.
Old 28th March 2012, 15:42   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
@Behemoth, One of the many features of the Kagu Mat is the spider hair like protrusions in the bottom of the mat. These hold on to OE carpet and ensure no movement of the mat even though there could be additional restraints to hold the mat in place.

Won't having a yoga mat underneath the Kagu mat will defeat the purpose. I would at least stay away from doing so for the driver footwell. Elsewhere it is not that critical.
Yes, the mats on top should not move , which is vital for safety. The Original Skoda mats have locks which prevent this and I have put the Yoga mats underneath the locked mats (not covering the entire area).
It really does work and the Yoga mat material is very close to the PU coating that manufacturers use as sound-deadening material on the underbody/ engine bay areas.

Regards,
Behemoth

Most Viewed