Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 12:32   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report

Hi All,

Good morning/evening fellow BHPians. This is such an addictive forum to be in. I can't believe that I have an orchestrated startup sequence once I turn my office computer on to get into team bhp before starting work...

A little history

I got the Getz on Apr 23, 2009. It's been almost 3 years now and here's the update on how this 'peace on wheels' has been serving me.

I still remember walking into Kun Hyundai Annanagar to look for a car, reviewed the Santro, Accent, Verna. Wifey didn't like any. Then just as we were about to leave we saw the Getz. Liked it, booked it, got it within a week. And guys - here's one for the record, once we booked the getz we began to see Getz' everywhere on the road!!. This was something that we hadn't seen till we booked the Getz. It was quite strange. We have the GLS variant.

Initial Drive In

The Getz is more matured and refined in driving, in the sense that it's more linear in the power delivery aspect . And it's a cool petrolhead, doesn't make it's presence felt unless you floor her. There is some evident body roll during corners but the ride quality is good for a hatch this size.The steering is good and has good feedback. The OEM horns are bad. I have upgraded the same. So goes with the headlamps as well. Brakes have good bite and bring the car to a stop easily - no matter how much you clock. As mentioned before, the gearing is done in such a way that the car has to be driven with a light foot. Driving that way has it's own special moments as well.

Exteriors

I booked the Metallic gray shade, my wife and I felt that this shade was not common in Chennai. I personally like the looks of the getz, to me it's quite chubby and nice. The ground clearance is good and she can go over speed breakers with ease(which you can find every nook and corner here in chennai)

Interiors

Interiors are quite spacious with generous amounts of leg room in the front. . The rear seats are comfortable and offer a good seating posture for long drives. The color selection, color tones inside give you a feeling of lightness all around. You have power windows on all 4 doors.The doors open out quite wide and ingress/egress is not a problem. The AC chills quite fast. I was surprised to know that the Getz has a 155cc compressor. (Thanks to sidindica). I have no complaints on the AC even in the hot Chennai summer. I had to replace the evaporator coil as it got hit by stones that were picked up when I was coming down from Velore. Costed me 9k for it. Besides that no other problems with cooling. Rear seats are 60:40, so this means once the rear seats are folded, you get a cave inside for all your stuff. You won't believe, I used the getz to transport most of our stuff when I moved in to a flat.

Power and Response

The Getz is powered by a 1.3l 4 cyl engine. Start the car and once you roll her, it's hard to find out whether you have the engine running unless you are in motion or you look at the RPM counter. There have been so many times I have cranked her with the engine running. It's that quiet. There's not much of engine padding like the other cars. Slot her in first, and you're on the move. The power delivery is smooth and linear. Engine noise is well contained till 1.5k and after that you can literally 'hear' her. First and second quickly sprints her and by the time your speedo hits 50, you better be sure that you have acres of space in front of you - because she will lap it all up - effortlessly.

You can drive her hard or smooth, there have been times when I have floored her within the crazy peak hour Chennai traffic. RPMs go between 1500-4k. But across this, the force delivered inside the car is amazingly stabilized. She can easily climb to 140 on the odo. I have touched a max of 160 on a Vellore trip, at this point she is a little jittery but still planted on the road. I have clocked 24457k till date.

She gives 10km to a litre. I routinely maintain the car, and i don't let anyone drive it around. She is serviced well and maintained well. I have upgraded the headlamps and the music system. I have a Pioneer 6050 UB. I am a musician and a composer as well. I love Loud music and tight bass and overall sound quality are the main things I look forward in a music system. The tyres are stock tyres. Haven't changed them. I recently got a set of 5 tubes as the stock ones had punctures at multiple places. The tyres still look good.

At the end she has served me well so long, though I have been a bad master at times. I hope I to do more miles with her.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getz 1.3 at 24k - Report

Hey trumpet congrats on your Getzy Ownership. I have loved the Grey colour on Getz which has been really improved by Ford on Figos.

I couldn't agree more with you on all the points you have mentioned. I bought what was probably the last Getz 1.3 GLS to be registerd in Bangalore, on May 28 2010. Have driven just under 16K Kms and have no qualms wat so ever till date.

However the below was right out of my personal experience dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post

And guys - here's one for the record, once we booked the getz we began to see Getz' everywhere on the road!!. This was something that we hadn't seen till we booked the Getz. It was quite strange.
Frankly, me and my wife almost started spotting Getz all around which for some strange reason remained conspicuos all along!!

Can you please post some snaps of your stead ?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th January 2012 at 15:07.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:42   #3
BHPian

Re: Getz 1.3 at 24k - Report

Wow...now if this isn't coincidence!, then what is. I will post some pics of my wheels soon enough. Just sad that they have stopped production of this nice performer.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:26   #4
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report

Hi,
Here are some pics of my set of wheels...:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report-hyundai-getx-1.3_angled.jpg  

Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report-hyundai-getz-1.3angled.jpg  

Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report-hyundai_getz-1.3_dash.jpg  

Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report-hyundai_getz-1.3_rear.jpg  

Hyundai Getz 1.3 - 24000 kms Report-hyundai_getz_1.3_rearangle.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks