Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:55   #166
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Hi MAS,
Barani.
Hi Barani

Thanks for the update and congrats on crossing 40K km on your Fiesta. Please do update on the mileage and other information.

The Fiesta is a wonderful car to drive. Yes, it is slow off the block due to its tall gearing. But the handling with even a full load is spot on. Swift is a good car to drive, but I find the Fiesta at least a generation ahead in terms of refinement and handling.

Michelin Primacy LC was the other option I considered, but as they were "Made in China" and had a history of complaints of weak side walls and tread cracking, I stayed away from it.

My Fiesta crossed 38700 kms today and since there is a lot of traveling planned in the second and third week of this month, I will take it for service tomorrow.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres seem to be eating into my mileage. My average is down by at least 1 kmpl.. Will confirm it after logging a few more kms.

Complaints - just one (touch wood)
- Tak-Dak noise from the rear suspension. The rear shocks could be changed under warranty.

If I get a chance, I would test drive the Ecosport tomorrow.
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:02   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
If I get a chance, I would test drive the Ecosport tomorrow.
Please update the test details and comparison to Fiesta. I am negotiating a Fiesta deal right now. Though I am trying to get the titanium plus AT, I will have to wait for prolonged time. So thinking if I should also take a re-look at ecosport. Hence the need of comparison.
Old 4th July 2013, 00:49   #168
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Please update the test details and comparison to Fiesta. I am negotiating a Fiesta deal right now. Though I am trying to get the titanium plus AT, I will have to wait for prolonged time. So thinking if I should also take a re-look at ecosport. Hence the need of comparison.
Hi Alex

If you drive a lot on the high way, then it makes sense to go in for a Sedan. If you would be driving more in the city, go for the Ecosport. You get almost the same interiors and leg space in both, but the Ecosport will be easier to drive and park in tge city . The Ecosport also has 200 mm of GC, and this will save a lot of anxiety in rainy season.

I will drive the Ecosport tomorrow and share by observations here.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 12:23   #169
BHPian

Quote:
The steering shaft was replaced under warranty and the car is absolutely silent while steering at low speeds. The cost of the steering shaft was Rs. 3600/-.
Is the steering shaft issue common with most Fiesta's. I have heard the same story from some one out side team-bhp as well. In your case, did it repeat again with the replaced shaft? Good that the cost of shaft is just under 4K, so even if this happens every 30 - 40K kms it should be fine. May be we can think it something like brake pad replacement :-) But otherwise I haven't heard any bad or worse part failures in this machine from any one so far.
Old 15th July 2013, 20:13   #170
BANNED

Re: My New Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Problems that need attention

Jan 7, 2012: I go about cleaning the car and find many points that needed attention. I did do a thorough PDI, but i guess one starts noticing these things when you start living with the car.

Rusted Steering Shaft

Rusted Silencer Clamp

Rusted Exhaust Manifold

Rubber Beading in the rear right door - Twisted - Preventing it from rolling up

Part of the Rubber Beading which had to be cut to enable the window to roll up.

Sharp plastic parts - hurt my hand while opening the bonnet lever

Rear Mud Guard - Very bad quality of material used; not fitted properly and absorbs water after a water wash.

I did write a mail to Ford and they had responded very well by sending in a team from MPL Ford to inspect the car. Unfortunately, this being a manufacturing defect, the MPL guys were not able to do much but do a postman's job. The Fiesta driven by the MPL guys with 4000 odd kms also had these rusted parts.

I don't understand why is Ford using Cast Iron for these crucial parts? Cost cutting is clearly visible.
Thanks for such a free and frank review. Well, being a TATA fan and owner (ARIA), it was surprising to read that a 12 L + Ford Fiesta can have similar defects that a similar priced Safari's have been trashed left and right every now and then for ?
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 11:23   #171
BHPian

Dear MAS,
Firstly let me complement you for a highly comprehensive and helpful ownership experience thread. I have been closely following it to get all the gen on the New Fiesta. Do you also have any experience of driving the New Fiesta Petrol?
I came across a sparingly used Trend Petrol (Aug 2011 manufactured, Jan 2012 registered) in the used car market in Bangalore; sparingly used, around 7.5k on the odo. The car is in very good condition, just a minor scratch or two and a broken tail lamp; no body work required. In your opinion, what should be a good price to quote for it? I am looking to change my 2006 Petrol Fiesta (now classic).
Thanks.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 21:51   #172
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Dear MAS,
Firstly let me complement you for a highly comprehensive and helpful ownership experience thread. I have been closely following it to get all the gen on the New Fiesta. Do you also have any experience of driving the New Fiesta Petrol?
I came across a sparingly used Trend Petrol (Aug 2011 manufactured, Jan 2012 registered) in the used car market in Bangalore; sparingly used, around 7.5k on the odo. The car is in very good condition, just a minor scratch or two and a broken tail lamp; no body work required. In your opinion, what should be a good price to quote for it? I am looking to change my 2006 Petrol Fiesta (now classic).
Thanks.
Hi Nikhil,

What is the price being quoted by the owner for the sparingly used Fiesta. The Fiesta is a GREAT car and will not let you down. I am sorry, but i have not driven the New Fiesta Petrol, but i have heard that the car is good. Just drive it around and if you like it and is within your budget, you should take it.

You could get it into your garage at around 5.5 - 6.0 Lakhs.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 22:17   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil,

What is the price being quoted by the owner for the sparingly used Fiesta. The Fiesta is a GREAT car and will not let you down. I am sorry, but i have not driven the New Fiesta Petrol, but i have heard that the car is good. Just drive it around and if you like it and is within your budget, you should take it.

You could get it into your garage at around 5.5 - 6.0 Lakhs.
Thank you MAS for your invaluable input. The seller is quoting 7L and my offer to him is around the price suggested by you, slightly lower in fact. I did go for a rather short drive in the car and the first impressions were good! Lets see how it goes. Thanks again.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 22:22   #174
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Now 50K kms completed!

50K kms Update!!

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-49000-kms-new.jpg

Almost 1 year and 10 months later, i have almost hit the 50K km mark in the Fiesta. It has been a great car and i simply loved driving it out of the service centre this evening.

The 50K kms service was done a bit earlier (49078 kms) as my earlier service was done at 38,500 kms.

The cost of the 50K service was Rs. 14.4 K. The actual service cost was around Rs. 4.2 K and the remaining was the arm rest i had added to the Fiesta from the OE accesory sold by Ford. The drive is very comfortable with the arm rest and i should have put it much earlier.

The following screen shot of the "Fuelio" App gives the summary of my Fiesta's performance...

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-stats.png

The average consumption in the 50K kms is almost 19 Kmpl

The Good Year Eagle F1 tyres have excellent grip. With over 13 K clicks on these shoes, i should say, these are the best tyres the Fiesta has had. But, as always, there is a downside to the new tyres too. The oversize of 5 mm was too much for the tight tolerances of the New Fiesta. The tyres scrap the plastic everytime i hit a sharp bump at high speeds. This is really frustrating and i have to be always very careful and concentrate on the road to watch out for such sharp undulations.

The car otherwise i great and runs very well (touchwood) and it will continue to put a smile on my face whenever i drive it.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 12:07   #175
BHPian

Mas, thank you for the review and ownership report, was a big help while deciding on my Ford Fiesta.

I have a question - What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining? I see the label on the door sill says 40 psi, but seems quite high to me.
Anish88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 15:52   #176
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anish88 View Post
Mas, thank you for the review and ownership report, was a big help while deciding on my Ford Fiesta.

I have a question - What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining? I see the label on the door sill says 40 psi, but seems quite high to me.
Hi Anish,

I'm glad that my review was useful. Congrats on the Fiesta. Which is the model and how much did you get it for? Looking forward to read your ownership review.

I maintain a tyre pressure of 34 in all tyres. I fill the tyres on my cars with Nitrogen.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:19   #177
BHPian

Hey, so I got myself a Titanium TDCi for 9.77 lacs on-road in Delhi. I picked up a 2012 model given the discounts. Also added extended warranty, zero depreciation insurance and Ford's TMP to the kitty.

Nitrogen isn't very widely available on my regular route as of now, so I'm gonna stick to regular air. Just concerned about the 40psi recommendation. While I understand it's been kept in mind for the benefit of fuel economy, I don't want to push it. I'm fine living with a kilometer or two less per liter so long as I'm not damaging my tires or reducing the grip.

As of now, by FuelLog's calculations, I'm getting about 16kmpl. I've done about 2400km on the odo since October.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:57   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Now 50K kms completed!

Quote:
50K kms Update!!

The 50K kms service was done a bit earlier (49078 kms) as my earlier service was done at 38,500 kms.

The cost of the 50K service was Rs. 14.4 K. The actual service cost was around Rs. 4.2 K and the remaining was the arm rest i had added to the Fiesta from the OE accesory sold by Ford...
Did you mean to say that the arm rest cost 10K?? Do you have the scanned bill for 50K service ?
Old 26th November 2013, 12:40   #179
BHPian

Quote:
50K kms Update!!

Attachment 1153251

Almost 1 year and 10 months later, i have almost hit the 50K km mark in the Fiesta. It has been a great car and i simply loved driving it out of the service centre this evening.

Attachment 1153252

The average consumption in the 50K kms is almost 19 Kmpl

The car otherwise i great and runs very well (touchwood) and it will continue to put a smile on my face whenever i drive it.
Let me share my experience on the F.E of 1.5 TDCI.
Received my ride as a perk car from my office on 5th Nov'12.
Crossed 33K mark last week.
Pls find the F.E actuals tracked on an Excel sheet.

All New Ford Fiesta Fuel Economy details tracker.xls

Avg: 19.125 kmpl.
Min: 15.68 kmpl
Max: 23.91 kmpl.

Yes. It's awesome to drive.

Other than the rear seat space (comparing with my earlier ride - A Manza ABS QJT), there is no other complaint.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 15:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you mean to say that the arm rest cost 10K?? Do you have the scanned bill for 50K service ?
I think they have started discounting it now, it was around 12-13k when I got it more than a year ago. The part is an import from the EU, no country is named, which today could mean some plastic factory in Romania.

Most Viewed