Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 23:50   #181
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anish88 View Post
Hey, so I got myself a Titanium TDCi for 9.77 lacs on-road in Delhi. I picked up a 2012 model given the discounts. Also added extended warranty, zero depreciation insurance and Ford's TMP to the kitty.

As of now, by FuelLog's calculations, I'm getting about 16kmpl. I've done about 2400km on the odo since October.
Congrats on your drive. Considering i got a Nov 2011 in Jan 2012 for 12.27 Lakhs, you got yourself a super deal. This is one car that will not let you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you mean to say that the arm rest cost 10K?? Do you have the scanned bill for 50K service ?
I don't have a scanned copy, but i got the arm rest for around 9.7 K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I think they have started discounting it now, it was around 12-13k when I got it more than a year ago. The part is an import from the EU, no country is named, which today could mean some plastic factory in Romania.
The arm rest is amazing and exactly matches the interiors. When launched the arm rest was Rs. 12500 + Taxes. I received a mail from Ford about discounts on accessories for the New Fiesta and took a plunge. The arm rest has made driving so much more relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Let me share my experience on the F.E of 1.5 TDCI.
Received my ride as a perk car from my office on 5th Nov'12.
Crossed 33K mark last week.
Pls find the F.E actuals tracked on an Excel sheet.

Attachment 1171363

Avg: 19.125 kmpl.
Min: 15.68 kmpl
Max: 23.91 kmpl.

Yes. It's awesome to drive.

Other than the rear seat space (comparing with my earlier ride - A Manza ABS QJT), there is no other complaint.

Regards,
Maverick79.
That is the normal mileage you get with the New Fiesta and is simply amazing. The last few tankfuls have been consistently over 19 kmpl. If you have more patience and all the time in the world, i am sure you could get an even better max mileage.

My best fuel economy is 28.25 kmpl . This was when i drove the car to Salem and back at a constant 80 kmph with most of the highway lapped on cruise control. The cruise control helps a lot in stretching the litre and gives a stress-free driving experience.

Last edited by MAS : 26th November 2013 at 23:56.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 09:13   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
...I don't have a scanned copy, but i got the arm rest for around 9.7 K. ...The arm rest has made driving so much more relaxed...
Could you post a pic of the interior with the arm rest please?
Old 27th November 2013, 09:46   #183
BHPian

Re: Now 50K kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post

Yes. It's awesome to drive.

Other than the rear seat space (comparing with my earlier ride - A Manza ABS QJT), there is no other complaint.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Though we all know what Fiesta is over Manza, would like to hear from you what it feels to chuck both around corners.
Old 27th November 2013, 15:24   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The arm rest is amazing and exactly matches the interiors. When launched the arm rest was Rs. 12500 + Taxes. I received a mail from Ford about discounts on accessories for the New Fiesta and took a plunge. The arm rest has made driving so much more relaxed.
Does the arm rest have a slight sideways movement? The guys in Bangalore put the arm rest in place using screws on the trasmission tunnel, sometimes it squeaks.

I am asking this because my Punto has a Linea armrest that is bolted on real tight to the body, it cost me a grand total of 5k including 1000/- for the leather top done at Ovion, 1200/- was for the overpriced rear AC vent which doesn't work. I feel the Fiat one is much better.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 23:20   #185
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you post a pic of the interior with the arm rest please?
I have been thinking of taking a picture and posting it. . I'm travelling away from my Fiesta and would post a picture when I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Does the arm rest have a slight sideways movement? The guys in Bangalore put the arm rest in place using screws on the trasmission tunnel, sometimes it squeaks.

I am asking this because my Punto has a Linea armrest that is bolted on real tight to the body, it cost me a grand total of 5k including 1000/- for the leather top done at Ovion, 1200/- was for the overpriced rear AC vent which doesn't work. I feel the Fiat one is much better.
Frankly I haven't seen the Linea's armrest (funny, I have driven the Linea many times in the past and I simply can't remember seeing it). The armrest in the Endeavour is definitely much more convenient and much more sturdier than the Fiesta. The armrest is a bit flexible due to its plastic (ABS?) body. The armrest is extendable and has about 2 inches of range and has a storage compartment.
Old 29th November 2013, 17:56   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Though we all know what Fiesta is over Manza, would like to hear from you what it feels to chuck both around corners.
Sure, Why not and why only on the corners!

1. On Driving pleasure: The steering response of Fiesta is too good at all the speeds. Manza's steering response was not always same even at slow speeds.
However, the drift compensation technology is some times misleading me in case of a puncture in Fiesta.
Okay, I will be more clear -
In Manza, I used to feel the effect of Puncture very quickly than Fiesta. May be due to its Intelligent steering course correction technology. Its purely in my opnion.

2. Braking: I used to feel a bit low confidence at high speeds in Manza. Say above 120Kmph. In Fiesta, even at 140kmph, I did have that fear. Its always a straight line.
But, the ABS kicks in early in Fiesta than Manza.

3. NVH: Fiesta is far better in this section. By atleast a generation I would say.
However, the tire noise at high speeds is very evident in Fiesta. May be due to these imported Goodyears. Manza had Bridgestones.

4. High speed handling: High speed turns are very confident inspiring (even at 80kmph to 100kmph) in fiesta than in Manza. I used to feel a little bit of roll over in Manza at these speeds.
Also, the fish tailing is very much evident in Manza. Nothing felt in Fiesta. Solid one piece turning.

5. Space & Seating: Other than Rear seat under thigh support and incline, Fiesta is not bad at all in leg room and width.
But, yes. 3 people seating is a tight fit in Fiesta.

Let me know if you have any further specific queries.

Quote:

My best fuel economy is 28.25 kmpl . This was when i drove the car to Salem and back at a constant 80 kmph with most of the highway lapped on cruise control. The cruise control helps a lot in stretching the litre and gives a stress-free driving experience.
I feel, the cruise control is drinking more fuel than manual mode. Because, even in slight uphills, it tries to maintain the same speed, which we may not be required if go manual. Will re check this again.
I got my best mileage when I was returning back from Hyderabad to Chennai with the stephny a 14" in the rear LH and hence, speed was restricted to 80kmph, with 4 adults,full boot load and 100% ac. Not all was a cruising path though.
Maverick79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 20:21   #187
MAS
Senior - BHPian

55K Kms and now 2 years old.

Today, my Fiesta celebrates its 2nd birthday. The car has clocked over 55 K kms and i got to click this on the odometer yesterday morning (What a way to celebrate its 2nd birthday )

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-55555-kms-speedo-only-mini.jpg

The month of December was quite eventful.
- First, the left front tyre suffered two punctures in quick succession. One of the punctures forced me to use the spare tyre, which was of R14 configuration. The car behaved very badly with this change to spare tyre and i was forced to limp around.
- Secondly, during one of my one-day-trips to Salem, on my return journey, I was stationary in a traffic jam for about 30 seconds and the Swift banged the car from behind. Got down and found that the Swift driver was already apologizing. It was already way past sunset and i could not find any visible damage to the rear bumper. I let go of the guy as i did not want to hold up the traffic anymore in the narrow two lane highway connecting Sriperambathur and Kundrathur. Next day morning, i found two small impressions on the rear bumper caused by the nuts/screws of the front number plate of the Swift.

Issues
- There seems to be a problem with the Clutch. The car shudders in 2nd gear at low speeds and i find it a tad more difficult to climb up ramps without throttle input.
- The back seat has come off loose. This could not be addressed in the 50K service as the plastic clip was unavailable in stock.
- The "dhak" "dhak" noise from the rear is still to be sorted out
- The steering shaft problem seems to resurface every time i take the car out in the morning.

I will take these up during the 60K kms service.

With the winter season around, the average mileage has slightly increased and the mileage in the past two months have been over 20 kmpl. The car continues to be great to drive. It manages to make me smile every time i drive it. Even after 55 K kms, the engine is amazingly silent and at does not sound like a diesel at all.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres are working well. With almost 20K kms clocked on these tyres, they still look new and grip levels are amazing. Except for the two punctures i suffered, I am extremely happy with the tyres.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 00:55   #188
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi EDIT: Now 60K kms completed!

Update: 60K kms service completed

The 60K kms service for the Fiesta was done today. I had fixed an appointment at MPL Pallikaranai. There is a big shuffle in the service team. Mr. Sampath, has been promoted to General Manager and has been shifted to OMR. Mr. Prasad has also been shifted to OMR workshop. The only people known to me were the super active service adviser, Mr. Aiyapan and the service engineer, Mr. Kumar.

I arrived at the service centre at 8.50 am, but the usual quick turn around of cars and the attention to customers was completely missing. There were few other customers loitering around to see if any of the uniformed personnel would call them and take their cars for service.

I got hold of Aiyappan and he quickly filled up the sheet of paper. I had requested for carrying out the 60 K kms service. The only complaint was the jerk at 80 kmph. Left the workshop at 9.25 am after receiving Kumar's assurance that he will take care of the car.

Post lunch I got a call from Aiyappan saying that the brake discs and pads were completely worn out and may serve their purpose for about 1000 kms. The replacement was approved.

I landed up at the service centre at 6.30 pm, only to see my car still being worked upon. Reason: the guys had replaced the inner part of the Diesel filter only (as per Ford's recommended procedure). After this, the car could not be started. I was surprised to see that a few of the"grease monkeys" were cranking the starter motor to glory and were literally standing on the accelerator in the hope that the car would start. I strongly intervened as I was worried if the next victim would be the starter motor. It was almost an hour later that they managed to get the air out of the system and start the car. I finally left the service centre at 8 pm, after the car was water washed, cleaned and interiors polished.

I paid 12K Rs. for the 60K service. The brake discs and pads for the front cost about 5.5K Rs. The various filters+oil+labour constituted the rest of the invoice. This New Fiesta is more expensive to maintain when compared to my Fusion.

With the auto industry slowing down, MPL seems to be struggling closing down a Ford showroom in Chennai and Mahindra showroom+service centre in Chennai. I was told that even salary increments were scarce this year, leading to a demotivated team. MPL should correct this very quickly.

The car is very smooth to drive, but due to lack of time, the jerk@80 kmph could not be tested.

The screen shot of the app, Fuelio is given below. The average figures are quite impressive.

FORD APPOINTS ITS 3RD DISTRIBUTOR for Chennai. The group which owns Mansarovar Honda is the third distributor of Ford in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-screenshot_20140507001128.png  

Old 7th May 2014, 10:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

Your FE figures are enviable! And the cost of service does seem to be reasonable, given that you'd got discs and pads replaced.

Can you throw some more light on that diesel filter replacement, and why there was an issue if the technician followed the recommended procedure?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 15:05   #190
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Your FE figures are enviable! And the cost of service does seem to be reasonable, given that you'd got discs and pads replaced.

Can you throw some more light on that diesel filter replacement, and why there was an issue if the technician followed the recommended procedure?
Thanks vnabhi.

I was also told that Ford has recommended only for replacing the internal filter for the New Fiesta and not the entire assembly as in the 1.4 L engine.

The SA told me that the Diesel Filter has to be replaced within a certain time frame from the time the Filter is opened. There was a delay in putting in the new filter after the old one was removed resulting in an air gap. This is usually removed by manual pumping, but since New Fiesta does not have a manual pump, they were struggling to get the Diesel to the engine.
Old 12th May 2014, 10:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
This is usually removed by manual pumping, but since New Fiesta does not have a manual pump, they were struggling to get the Diesel to the engine.
A worrying procedure, since the high pressure fuel pump is starved of diesel for a while. I bet there must be a SOP which these 'grease monkeys' might be circumventing.

MAS, did you inquire why they forced a disc replacement at 60k? Considering that you do mostly highways and that too not at excess speeds....
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 23:07   #192
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
A worrying procedure, since the high pressure fuel pump is starved of diesel for a while. I bet there must be a SOP which these 'grease monkeys' might be circumventing.

MAS, did you inquire why they forced a disc replacement at 60k? Considering that you do mostly highways and that too not at excess speeds....
I second your opinion. The mechanics were too casual and looked untrained, playful, distracted and least bothered. I have complained about the below par service to Ford India, but no calls as of now from the dealer. I guess after Micheal Bonham, Ford's service team has cooled off and have gone into deep slumber.

I actually forgot to mention the weak brakes during the service. I have always felt that the Fiesta's brakes are much stronger than the Endeavour's, but during the recent past, I found that the Endeavour's brakes had a better bite (actually the Fiesta's brakes had become weaker). The guys at the service had noticed this (due to thin discs and brake pads) and I immediately gave the approval. I guess my way of driving takes a toll on the brakes. I try to be quick (not fast) and use the brakes at the last possible safe moment. When I use them, I use them well.

The next day I noticed three new scratches on the car and this totally put me off. Next time, I will change the service centre and go to OMR, where Mr. Sampath has taken over.

Whatever I crib about the service levels, it all vanishes the moment I start driving. The Fiesta is the best driver's car in the C sedan category in India. Its sweet and immaculate handling throws all the issues out of the window.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 22:13   #193
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi EDIT: Now 60K kms completed!

Quote:
The various filters+oil+labour constituted the rest of the invoice. This New Fiesta is more expensive to maintain when compared to my Fusion.
MAS can you check your service bills as well as user manual on the exact quantity of engine oil used in your previous services. If possible check all service bills to see if the quantity matches. There is some confusion with Ecosport owners and I figured checking with Fiesta will be the best option.
Old 29th June 2014, 10:02   #194
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Race Dynamics - Ordered

Having completed 66 K kms and as I'm pretty sure that my next car would also be a Fiesta, I called up Raghav of IgNite and order a RD chip for the Fiesta.

Raghav said that the kit will not transform the car drastically, but as I was only looking at a better drivability at lower rpms, I decided to go ahead. He gave me two options
Option 1 : He will arrange for a demo chip and I can drive around with it for a few days and take a decision to buy
Option 2 : Go with his words and order straight away.

I believe Raghav a lot and have a lot of respect for his knowledge. I ordered the RD Kit immediately. I hope to have it installed this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
MAS can you check your service bills as well as user manual on the exact quantity of engine oil used in your previous services. If possible check all service bills to see if the quantity matches. There is some confusion with Ecosport owners and I figured checking with Fiesta will be the best option.
Hi Vid,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I checked this thread after a long while. I will check the various bills and get back
Old 30th July 2014, 16:23   #195
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Trip to OOTY

I had a foreign colleague from Korea and we were travelling to various cities in South India. It so happened that we were in Erode on 12th to 14th July 2014. We decided to go to Ooty for the weekend.

Having born and bought up in Chennai and having spent close to 4 decades of my life in Chennai, i never got a chance to visit Ooty!!!

12 July 2014: Started from Ranipet to Erode at 7 am and tanked up at HP with a Cafe Day outlet just outside Vellore. Reached Erode at 11 am. A distance of 324 kms. Completed work by 4 pm and started off to Ooty. Route taken was Erode-Mettupalayam-Coonoor-Ooty (154 kms).

Just after Vellore
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-66666-kmsoptimized.jpg

The Fiesta performed pretty well, but the turbo lag in the 1.5 L TDCi was killing the pace. I had to muscle the accelerator and get the engine into the turbo zone to make quick progress. The excellent handling of the car proved to be a great asset.

Reached Ooty at 8 pm. We had pre-booked our rooms through Makemytrip.com at Hotel Astoria Residency.

13 July 2014:
From my room
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-my-room.jpg

We decided to visit the Mudumalai forest, a distance of 36 kms from Ooty and had 36 Hair pin bends. This route, Ooty-Masinagudi-Theppakadu was curvy with steep descends and we had to drive very carefully. The car used to pick up speed very quickly even in 2nd gear. I was worried about the return journey as the steep descends meant 1st gear and 2nd gear driving; considering the turbo lag + tall gearing of the Fiesta, it was going to be tough.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-mudhumalai.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-mudhumalai-1.jpg

In Mudumalai
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-mudhumalai.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-mudhumalai-1.jpg

It did turn out to be pretty hard. The Fiesta was struggling to climb the roads and i had to push the engine to 2500 rpm to make any kind of meaningful progress.

Returned to Ooty in the afternoon and drove to Coonoor and to Dolphin Nose. Ooty was amazing, all wet and foggy. I will let the photos do the talking.

Attachment 1268147

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-1.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-2.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-3.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-4.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-5.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-dolphin-nose-6.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-fiesta-clouds.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-fiesta-clouds-2.jpg

14 July 2014: Returned to Erode, took the Ooty-Kotagiri-Mettupalayam-Erode route. Started from Hotel at 9 am and reached Erode by 1.00 pm. This route had absolutely no traffic and driving down from Kotagiri to Mettupalayam was almost always in 3rd gear with no throttle input.

At Kotagiri
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-kotagiri.jpg

From Kotagiri to Mettupalayam
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-way-mettupalayam.jpg

I tanked up at Erode and was amazed to see that the Fiesta returned a mileage of over 19 kmpl for this entire trip.

Completed work at Erode and left for Ranipet at 3 pm. Reached Ranipet at 7 pm.

Though the Fiesta performed well, I would love to install the Race Dynamics Chip and compare the performance on the hills.

I also want to go Ooty in the Endeavour, but I am worried of two potential issues in the Endeavour.
- Automatic gear box = No engine braking on descends = over-heating of brakes
- Large turning radius = sharp U turns require more planning and careful execution.

Last edited by MAS : 30th July 2014 at 16:35.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks