Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 22:29   #211
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You are about to hit the big 1 lakh figure very soon man, congrats and its good to know that the car is performing well. Which all parts have been changed under warranty so far, drive shaft was changed once right?

I have completed 15,000 kms in my Fiesta and it has been a blissful drive so far.
Congrats on your drive. Fiesta is a wonderful car and it will serve you well.

Three parts were changed under warranty
- The steering shaft
- Head light assembly - Left side
- An electrical component (sorry i am unable to recollect the name), which the Ford guys said was not waterproof. The new one was waterproof.

Like i said, the car never spent more than 2 hours in a service station while being serviced at 10K kms interval.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:01   #212
MAS
Senior - BHPian

After just over 45 months of ownership, the Fiesta crossed 100,000 kms. This mileage is in-spite-of my frequent overseas visits and trips to North India.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-100000-kms.jpg

The car is performing very well and still makes me grin whenever i drive it. No rattles whatsoever, except for a slight noise from the speedometer housing, which stops after a little push/pull.

The statistics as shown by the app "Fuelio"

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-fiesta-1-lakh-km-statistics.jpg

The average fuel efficiency has come down slightly, but still stands at 18.73 km/litre of Diesel for the 100 thousand odd kms. This reduction is mainly yrthe car is now being driven at higher speeds on highways and the Apollo Alnec 4G tyres.

Apollo Alnec 4G tyres offer a silent ride, but somehow eat into the mileage of the car. The tyres are now 15K kms old, but are worn out as if they have been run over twice the distance. I don't think they will last till 30K kms. Since the tyre compound is soft, i also suffer from frequent punctures. Almost 4 in the 15K kms and it is quite frustrating. The Eagle F1 tyres were noisy, but offered better mileage and it suffered a couple of punctures in their life of 50K kms. I have decided never buy an Apollo tyre in future.

Last week, while cleaning the engine bay, i spotted the coolant level lower than the "minimum level mark". I was worried if there was a leak in the system, but as i had a long drive in the afternoon, MPL Ford guys topped up the coolant for free and after driving for about 1500 kms, the coolant level is unchanged.

The headlights seem to have faded a little (or am i getting old) and i find it a bit difficult to drive on pitch dark, unmarked, black topped roads. I will upgrade to 100/90 bulbs soon.

The Fiesta will be taken for the 100 thousand km service tomorrow and i will update on the cost of servicing.

As i am not convinced that any of the new launches or current vehicles can replace the sure-shot-handling and amazing driving dynamics Fiesta, i will keep the car for another year, hoping that Ford will launch the 2017 Fiesta next year.
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:50   #213
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had to delay the service of the car a bit and took it for the 1,00,000 km service today.

Chennai was flooded completely and after missing many appointments in MPL OMR due to rain, i managed to get my car serviced at MPL Pallikaranai. The odo was nearly at 1,01,000 kms.

Thanks to the superior support of Mr. Kumar, now responsible for seriously problematic issues at MPL, I could take my car at 3.00 pm to the workshop. There i was greeted by Mr. Ram and Mr. Mahendran. In half-an-hour, a ramp was cleared and servicing of the Fiesta was completed in 3 hours flat.

Checked with the technician working on the car for the following
- Oil level before draining - No loss of oil
- Oil quality - Was not too bad and was free flowing
- Radiator coolent leakage - Did a pressure test and there was no leak. Relieved, as i had to top up the coolant a couple of thousand kms earlier when i found the coolant level to be below "Min".

Apart from the usual consumables, i had requested for bleeding the clutch as my left leg was complaining.

The overall cost for the 1,00,000 km service added up to Rs. 4,465/-.

FORD - EXCELLENT WORK IN MAKING SERVICE COSTS VERY MANAGEABLE.

The car drives like new again and i had a wide grin while driving the car in P2 mode (Dieseltronics).The T Belt is recommended to be replaced at 1,20,000 kms, but i will change it in the next service.

I'm driving the car to Kodaikanal this weekend and back on Wednesday. Will keep the thread updated.
MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:59   #214
BHPian

Any idea how much the Timing belt costs ?
Old 13th November 2015, 23:13   #215
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
I recently changed the timing belt for my Endeavour and it cost me around 18K. I can safely assume the T Belt for the Fiesta to be lower than 18K.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 11:44   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks to the superior support of Mr. Kumar, now responsible for seriously problematic issues at MPL, I could take my car at 3.00 pm to the workshop. There i was greeted by Mr. Ram and Mr. Mahendran. In half-an-hour, a ramp was cleared and servicing of the Fiesta was completed in 3 hours flat.

Checked with the technician working on the car for the following
- Oil level before draining - No loss of oil
- Oil quality - Was not too bad and was free flowing
- Radiator coolent leakage - Did a pressure test and there was no leak. Relieved, as i had to top up the coolant a couple of thousand kms earlier when i found the coolant level to be below "Min".

Apart from the usual consumables, i had requested for bleeding the clutch as my left leg was complaining.

The overall cost for the 1,00,000 km service added up to Rs. 4,465/-.

FORD - EXCELLENT WORK IN MAKING SERVICE COSTS VERY MANAGEABLE.
The Ford service is becoming second only to Toyota now in terms of cost as well as speed of service.

Etios 1,00,000 kms service cost is around 2600 odd ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...aintenance.jpg )

and the service gets completed in 1.5 hours. Good to see Ford coming so good here. It's a sad thing that people still believe Maruti is the cheapest to maintain. In fact, it's far from it.

Do you mind posting the split of the bill ( or a scanned copy of the bill ) so that others can get a detailed view of it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
I think, the following components are replaced along with the timing belt - timing belt kit, and timing belt tensioner. The overall cost would be under 4,000 INR.

Last edited by amalji : 14th November 2015 at 11:48.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 00:52   #217
MAS
Senior - BHPian

111,111 kms update

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-20160429_172708.jpg

The Fiesta continues to drive very well. No creak-crack noises. No issues with suspension. Aircon keeps me well protected from the harsh Chennai summer. The mileage hovers around 18 kmpl in summer with an average of 18.64 kmpl for the entire ownership period. I continue to have a wide grin everytime i weave in and out of traffic!!! (TOUCHWOOD)

But, with the MPL Ford Fiasco, the service centres in OMR and Pallikaranai are not operational. I was forced to change the Engine Oil at 110,000 kms at Shell. The guys at Shell did a good job and the car is running well. But, i do miss the quick and efficient service of MPL Ford.

MPL Ford is expected close down its operations and a new dealer (Hans Ford) is expected to take over the operations, but this is taking longer than expected.

Since the Fiesta is over 4 years old now, it is already time to change the car. I have written to Ford India asking them about the status of the Fiesta. How i wish Ford updates the Fiesta and restarts production.

The revival of Ford Fiesta in the next few months has very low probability. With a heavy heart i announce that my Fiesta is up for sale!

I have already started to test drive alternatives. Alteratives considered and test driven so far are
a. S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
b. Creta 1.6 SX (O) CRDI

None of the cars seem to as good as the Fiesta in the handling department. The cars don't seem to be as solidly built as the Fiesta. But, with no alternate cars from the Blue Oval, i will have to decide the Fiesta's successor in May.

The Fiesta was inspected by exchange guy at Hyundai Motor Plaza and was surprised to see that the car had run over 110K kms. He will get back to me with a quote.

Will keep this thread updated...
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 07:45   #218
Team-BHP Support

That's awesome MAS. Yes it would have been good if the blue oval had plans for revival of the Fiesta. I think the one that comes closest is the S-Cross 1.6. All the best for your new car. I myself struggled a lot to come to terms after Fusion.

Last edited by ampere : 1st May 2016 at 07:47.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 13:11   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,
I will be booking a Creta SX(O) CRDI this evening at Hyundai Motor Plaza. Colour - Sleek Silver.
Congrats. Would be good to know about how you zeroed in between S-Cross and Creta.

Congrats once again.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 01:32   #220
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats. Would be good to know about how you zeroed in between S-Cross and Creta.

Congrats once again.
Thanks Ampere!!

It was a very difficult decision!!! Never been so confused in my life to decide on a car. Blame it on the Ford Fiesta's excellent quality, driving dynamics and car control; making it impossible to find a suitable replacement car in the market.

I had multiple test drives of the three cars,
a. S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
b. Creta SX(O) CRDi Manual
c. Creta SX CRDi Auto.

Loved the 1.6 S-Cross for its driving dynamics and made me feel at home after driving the Fiesta.

I was pleasantly surprised with the road manners of Creta and loved the power delivery. I could zip through traffic with ease and did not have the rocking feeling present in the Verna.

Creta AT - immediately ruled it out as the sluggish gear box literally killed the engine's performance. The gear box was apt for slow driving, but when quick progress was demanded, the car responded very unpredictably. As i own a 3.0 L Endeavour 4x4 Auto, equipped with the old generation torque converter, i could not help but compare the two. Endeavour is extremely comfortable when quick progress is demanded. Creta AT on the other hand creates a big ruckus and the engine revved many times all the way to 4500 rpm.

Advantages of S-Cross over the Creta
- Sweet Handling (Better than Creta, but not as good as Fiesta)
- Better driving dynamics (ditto)
- 1.6 L engine is a torque monster (Creta's engine was good, but the Fiat's heart did manage to impress. Both were better than the 1.5 TDCi of Fiesta)
- Disc Brakes in all four (Creta has Disc/Drum arrangement)
- HID Lights (Halogens on Creta)
- Cruise Control (Absent in Creta. Used this a lot on the Fiesta)
- Better MID (Similar to Fiesta and i use the DTE a lot)
- Better Air-conditioning (Creta was noisy and took a longer time to cool the cabin)
- Better Music Quality (Creta is mediocre, but Fiesta was much better)
- Automatic Wipers and Headlamps (Could do without it)

Advantages of Creta over S-Cross
- 6 air bags (S-Cross has only two)
- ESP, VSM and Traction control (VSM and TC not availble in S-Cross)
- Smart Looks (Much much better than the S-Cross)
- 17 Inch Diamond Cut Alloys (Looks Sweet!!!)
- Taller car
- Very Light Clutch (Almost felt like petrol. Clutch in the S-Cross 1.6 is super hard in comparison. Fiesta's light clutch felt hard after driving the Creta)
- Very minor Turbo Lag (S-Cross moves well, but will be a struggle on inclines)
- Linear Power Delivery (No push back on higher rpms makes driving predictable, but much better than the Fiesta)
- The sitting position is upright and ingress/egress is very good (S-Cross was a bit lower)
- Better Thigh support
- Cornering Lights (Absent in S-Cross)
- Better laid out interiors (Like the S-Cross, but Creta was better)
- Consistent quality (Much better put together)
- Better boot space (400 Litres vs 350 Litres)

Looks and safety are very important for me. I love my drive to look smart and i feel good about it. At the same time, as most of my trips are solo and at odd hours of the night, i wanted a very safe car.

The understated looks of the S-Cross was a big turn-off for me. I tried my best to convince myself looking at the advantages of the 1.6 L engine; the comfort of Cruise Control on highways; the better brakes; but Thread on S-Cross on Team-Bhp gave a lot of insights into the quality of S-Cross.

Members reporting poor quality HID lights, Vibrating Projectors, Aircon losing its cooling power, reduction in mileage, problems with smoke and MSIL's inability to solve the case yet, rattling of windows, exposed Fuel Lines and finally the recall for faulty brake parts made the scale tip towards the Creta.

In my opinion, Creta has better looks; has more safety equipment and has overall better quality. Also, as i have a self-imposed speed limit of 120 kmph, i was comfortable driving the Creta at such speeds. Also, I love driving to the hills and the turbo lag in the S-Cross 1.6L will make hill climbing challenging.

Booking of Creta
Variant - CRDi SX(O)
Colour - Sleek Silver
Dealer - Hyundai Motor Plaza
Date - Last evening (4th June 2016).
Booking Amount - Rs. 25,000
Insurance - Will be bought from outside
Date of Delivery - Hopefully in June

The wait begins...
But, the pain of selling my Fiesta that has served me so well is
MAS is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 12:00   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Advantages of Creta over S-Cross
- 6 air bags (S-Cross has only two)
- ESP, VSM and Traction control (VSM and TC not availble in S-Cross)
For a Fiesta guy, I would have expected the S-Cross to be a more natural replacement than the Creta. However, the above safety features really do justify the additional cost for Creta. Maruti should have given additional safety features for the SCross 1.6 considering the premium it commands.

I had a short test drive of these two cars and frankly loved the SCross, but at the same time - did not have anything to fault with the Creta either. Hyundai is learning at a very aggressive pace and I felt the major weakness of Hyundai- the steering wheel, did not feel like a big issue in the Creta. It weighed up well once the speeds picked up and the handling was decent too! Engine refinement is a level above any other small diesel engines out there! And you are right about turbo lag on the hills- saw a few other complaints about this already!

Congrats on the booking and looking forward to your ownership experience.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 23:50   #222
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
For a Fiesta guy, I would have expected the S-Cross to be a more natural replacement than the Creta. However, the above safety features really do justify the additional cost for Creta. Maruti should have given additional safety features for the SCross 1.6 considering the premium it commands.

I had a short test drive of these two cars and frankly loved the SCross, but at the same time - did not have anything to fault with the Creta either. Hyundai is learning at a very aggressive pace and I felt the major weakness of Hyundai- the steering wheel, did not feel like a big issue in the Creta. It weighed up well once the speeds picked up and the handling was decent too! Engine refinement is a level above any other small diesel engines out there! And you are right about turbo lag on the hills- saw a few other complaints about this already!

Congrats on the booking and looking forward to your ownership experience.
Thanks bro. I SIMPLY ADORE YOUR SIGNATURE!

Like i said, it was a very difficult decision. I completely agree with you that Hyundai is learning thick & fast. Creta is the best handling Hyundai till date. When compared to Ford's Engineering Capabilities , Hyundai is still many chapters behind, but with no options available from Ford, the Creta was the next best car for me. I always wanted a more powerful car and i simply loved the power delivery of the Creta. MSIL on the other hand has just started making premium cars and have a steep learning curve ahead!!!

Update on Booking
- Just heard from my SA that Creta SX (O) Sleek Silver was ordered yesterday. He will keep me updated on the delivery dates
- Got quotes from HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard for Insurance for 38K instead of 58K quoted by Hyundai Motor Plaza.
- Need to hard sell my well maintained Fiesta

Last edited by MAS : 6th June 2016 at 23:54.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 01:19   #223
BHPian

Quote:
- Need to hard sell my well maintained Fiesta
I'm feeling sad seeing you leave the Ford Stable. This apart, heartiest congratulations in Advance for your new ride. Before, joining Team-BHP, the service cost updates for Ford (in this thread) made my decision to buy Ecosport more concrete.

Do write an Ownership Review for Creta and if you don't mind also mention the price you fetched for your Fiesta as that would give me an Idea of how well the Ford cars are handled in the Re-sale market. This will help me allocate a monthly saving for next car funds as I'm planning to upgrade to Creta in a Year or Two.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 09:17   #224
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I'm feeling sad seeing you leave the Ford Stable. This apart, heartiest congratulations in Advance for your new ride. Before, joining Team-BHP, the service cost updates for Ford (in this thread) made my decision to buy Ecosport more concrete.

Do write an Ownership Review for Creta and if you don't mind also mention the price you fetched for your Fiesta as that would give me an Idea of how well the Ford cars are handled in the Re-sale market. This will help me allocate a monthly saving for next car funds as I'm planning to upgrade to Creta in a Year or Two.
Thank you very much.

I still drive the Fiesta everyday. The car starts in a single crank, drives like a dream and manages to put a smile on my face every time i push it; this knowing fully well that i will be selling it off in a week's time. I feel extremely sad to let go the Fiesta, which has served me so well. My daughters also share the same sadness in letting the Fiesta go...

Moving on... I had no other choice but to leave the Ford Stable as the Blue Oval did not have a suitable replacement. I am kind of convinced that the Creta is the most capable replacement for the Fiesta in the Budget i am looking for. It may be slightly weaker on the handling and road manners, but scores higher in terms of engine grunt, 6 gears and safety.

At the moment, Hyundai has allocated a Creta SX(O) Sleek Silver to me (brings down the waiting period to less than 2 weeks). The delivery of the Creta is being delayed due to the delay in selling off the Fiesta. I am trying hard to sell the Fiesta at for some decent price, but things are so difficult. I have come to realise that it is a pleasure to own an "Enthusiast's Car", but very difficult to sell it.

I will update this thread once the sale is made and post some parting picture of the wonderful Fiesta...
Old 24th June 2016, 15:56   #225
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now SOLD!

Guys, Fiesta is now SOLD.

After a lot of hard selling, managed to sell the Fiesta for a shade lower than 3 Lakhs. The buyer was a car dealer who will sell it to his customer in Chennai.

The driver who picked up the car yesterday was surprised to see such a clean car. He asked me how i managed to drive 116,430 kms without a scratch!!! The interiors were clean and as if new!!!

Some pictures of the car clicked a week before.

Exteriors

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-001.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-002.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-003.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-004.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-005.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-006.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-007.jpg

Apollo Alnac 4G. Though silent when new, mileage took a beating and have started humming/singing after 30K kms. Will never buy again in future.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-008.jpg

Interiors

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-009.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-010.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-011.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-012.jpg

Finally, the Fuel consumption.

Final Fuelio Stats.pdf

The Fiesta averaged 18.6 Kms/Litre for the 1.16 Lakh kms
Best Consumption - 28.25 km/l
Worst Consumption - 13.26 km/l

I will MISS the Fiesta for sure, but i look forward to the ownership experience of the Creta.

Update on Booking - Hyundai Creta

- Complete Payment was wired yesterday.
- Car will be trucked tonight from the factory
- Inspection of the car tomorrow morning when it is unloaded from the truck. - On getting my okay, invoice will be raised
- Insurance from Bharati AXA - Zero Dep for Rs. 40,800.

Hope to start the new chapter on Tuesday, 28th June 2016.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks