Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 10:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post

1. How reliable & durable is the 1.4 TDCi oil burner? Why I ask is because you have had the Fusion with the same engine for quite some time now. I am somebody who keeps cars for a very long time. My own Alto is about 7.5 years old now & has some good mileage on it & the only reason I am planning to change it is the fuel costs. So, is this motor capable of about 2L kms without major repairs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is a bomb proof engine. The engine is a very old design but still very capable. It is going to take Ford some time for them to shelve this engine. The Fiat engine found on several cars is quieter, equally reliable and more refined.
Agreed that the MJD is quiter/ more refined in general. But on the Punto, it is as audible as the Ford TDCi on the outside, and noisier on the inside too. The Figo, though a little noisy on the outside when compared to the Swift or Vista, is as refinded on the inside.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Anumod. If you love to drive (LIVE TO DRIVE), then Fiesta is your car. The Fiesta does not carry the VFM card, which the Figo did. But, as i said, if you love to drive, if you understand the importance of car control and handling, you would not mind paying the money Ford asks for (this is even more if you have owned a Ford Earlier).

For VFM, you should look at the Mahindra Vertigo or TATA Manza types.
Hi,

I have been with ford for some long time now. I owned a Fusion and Currently I own a Fiesta (classic) and it is really has VFM tag. Figo also carried forward the same tag so my expectation was same for new Fiesta as well.

Last week when I visited ford showroom, the sales guy hinted that there will be a price correction along with the automatic launch for the new Fiesta
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 22:54   #48
BHPian

Congrats MAS!!!
This is exactly the kind of ownership review I was looking for. I hope this would help me decide between the NFS and the Ecosport to replace my Figo. Inspired by this thread I will be booking for a NFS test drive some time in early Feb and hopefully the prices would be corrected.
My only concern so far is that I havent seen a NFS in my office open car park or for that matter on the streets of Bangalore, it still seems like a collectors item piece. Happy driving!
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 23:34   #49
BHPian

The fiesta does seem to be the perfect drivers car but hampered by average engines and poor quality interiors!
I thought the New fiesta would replace our indigo as the family car but due to the poor interior quality and lack of beige interior option my dad has refused it.Has the space though.
Hope you have a great time with the car and Ford should reward you with excellent service and reliability for sticking with the fiesta brand when no one gives it a second look!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
My only concern so far is that I havent seen a NFS in my office open car park or for that matter on the streets of Bangalore, it still seems like a collectors item piece. Happy driving!
I dont know about Bangalore but here in Goa i see quite a lot of New fiestas, especially around my area.Counted about 11 in a radius of 10 km!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 30th January 2012 at 23:39.
Old 31st January 2012, 16:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mustang. The ECOSPORT with the 1.5 litre diesel heart will be a better replacement for the Fusion.

I am driving the car more and more now. The speedo read 1260 today as I drove almost 130 km today in Chennai. I enjoyed driving the car through the traffic and the light steering is a blessing. No tiredness whatsoever.
Hello MAS please give your feedback on the fog lamps. I bought the base Style variant and got the fog lamps fitted at the dealership. But sad to say I am pretty disappointed with the lighting performance and range of the lights. I can hardly make out the lamps are switched on. The lamps along with installation and a new switch assembly cost me Rs.13,000. My wife's figo in comparison does a brilliant job with fogs.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:15   #51
BHPian

Congrats bro, I am too happy for the fact that you chose this over the over-hyped Verna, Fiesta has been my favorite amongst the competition in it's class, I don't know why it is not selling much.

BTW I have owned a Fiesta too, a white one bought in 06 and sold in 09. All the best and happy miles ahead in the true Euro Fiesta.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 20:05. Reason: Lets keep the discussion mature & objective. Please avoid unnecessary adjectives like "stupid" when referring to cars
Old 31st January 2012, 22:31   #52
BHPian

Re: My New Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Rear Light Cluster - Missing some bulbs. The encircled part of the cluster has no bulbs. Ford should have used this for the Reverse Light and left the bottom part for the Rear Fog lamp. This way the car would have looked more symmetric instead of one Reverse Lamp on the left and one fog lamp on the right.
Attachment 872170
AFAIK that's actually a norm in Europe to have one reverse lamp on the left and the other as a fog light on the right. Since this Fiesta is identical to the European gen of Fiesta, hence the same headlight treatment is given.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:33   #53
BHPian

The Verna has the looks, features,powerful engines, plush interior and excellent quality and great service compared to the the new fiesta which looks a bit smaller, has poor interior quality and aesthetics, average engines(tested only petrol),very pricey and not well known A.s.s.

The fiesta scores only in the ride and handling department.
I guess the Verna may be over hyped but 4k sales compared to 700 odd for the fiesta reveals everything!

PS. i am a ford fan! Felt very bad writing -Ve remarks on the fiesta but i have to come back to reality!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 20:05. Reason: Stupid part has been removed
Old 31st January 2012, 22:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The Verna has the looks, features,powerful engines, plush interior and excellent quality and great service compared to the the new fiesta which looks a bit smaller, has poor interior quality and aesthetics, average engines(tested only petrol),very pricey and not well known A.s.s.

The fiesta scores only in the ride and handling department.
I guess the Verna may be over hyped but 4k sales compared to 700 odd for the fiesta reveals everything!

PS. i am a ford fan! Felt very bad writing -Ve remarks on the fiesta but i have to come back to reality!
That's alright bro,

I did not write things pro ford just because I am a fan of it but because I have sat in and driven both the cars, Fiesta I found to be much better in Interior quality than the verna, look at that steering wheel of the Fiesta, it's so meaty and good to hold, even the design of the Verna is so complex, too many lines here and there in the fluidic design language which ruins everything.

Coming to the dismal sales of the Fiesta and huge sales volumes of the Verna , I just have one thing to say and that is we live in a country where a singers like Himesh Reshammiya have outsold many good singers.

So sales figure is not the correct indicator of terming a car good or bad. Uno and Mondeo were much better cars than their competition but they just didn't sell. Many would agree with this here.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 20:06. Reason: The stupid part has been removed
Berry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Fiesta !!! I have not seen a single new Fiesta on road here in Bangalore, call it exclusive, rare, over priced or whatever word comes to anyone's mind. Very well written user opinions here, thanks for sharing your view.

Having owned and driven the previous version Fiesta (2009 to 2011) and being a die-hard Ford fan right from 2001 (feel of mustang from my colleague) I would say, Ford has got it wrong this time over pricing the car beyond expectations. I would not pay 12+ lakh for a Fiesta after going through your 'rusted' and 'sharp' part images I still have no idea why its costing a bomb. Probably Ford can not do a price cut leaving all the present owners furious.

Wishing you lakhs of happy miles ahead, I am sure driving comfort on a Fiesta is something which would make one ignore everything else of the car.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:43   #56
Team-BHP Support

Awesome review @MAS. Just noticed it. I had come to the same
conclusion. In case Ecosport or Duster. did not work out, my back-up was always the Fiesta
(though you know, how comfortable one gets with the GC of Fusion).

I still have some time at my hands (this year) before I seriously start looking at replacement for my Fusion.

Congrats once again.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:52   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
Awesome review @MAS. Just noticed it. I had come to the same
conclusion. In case Ecosport or Duster. did not work out, my back-up was always the Fiesta
(though you know, how comfortable one gets with the GC of Fusion).

I still have some time at my hands (this year) before I seriously start looking at replacement for my Fusion.

Congrats once again.
I am in the same boat as you ampere. However, i will replace my fusion next year and ecosport and fiesta are on my radar.

One thing in favor of the fiesta which the ecosport can never take away from it is -
The Fiesta - a better drivers' car than the ecosport for sure.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:28   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
One thing in favor of the fiesta which the ecosport can never take away from it is -The Fiesta - a better drivers' car than the ecosport for sure.
I agree @Mustang, but we need that GC in Bangalore. Really bad roads and uneven humps (Or maybe we got used to Fusion!) But, yes I really like the commanding view while driving. I am OK to sacrifice the driver aspects for these things. Any way I drive more sedate. So should not matter much.
Old 4th February 2012, 16:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MAS mate! Much delayed on this thread, but you know about my "break" from the forum.

The car quality seems such a mixed bag, with evident cost cutting in some components and high quality in others. With excellent dynamics and a good steering on the one hand, and not so good interiors. But what the heck! When one is behind the wheel, most of it would be forgotten and one would just enjoy how good this feels to drive.

I hope you don't get that humming sound (and vibrations) I had mentioned in my TD.

Now you do drive a LOT on the highway. Do you find the cruse control truly useful? I had my doubts about it. You may be the best person to answer this.

Happy driving mate.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 18:26   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Few observations
- The EPS has started acting a bit strange. No problems while driving normally or while parked. But when the car is driven at crawling speeds and the steering is turned completely (in any direction), there seems to be a distinct shudder from the steering. It is as if the tyres are turning in installments. Need to get this checked, as I'm not sure if this is normal with other Fiestas too.
- The EPS has also started to be a bit more vocal than before with electric motor being audible when the ICE is not playing
- The door locks have become more audible too. Earlier the car emits a "click" noise, but today I noticed the noise was a bit louder with a distinct "clank"
- The bluetooth connectivity with the phone was "lost" two times today. I had to disconnect the call, restart the music system, reconnect the phone and continue talking. All said and done, the Bluetooth is the most used OE accessory in my car.
Has any other Fiesta owner experienced such changes? Would appreciate your inputs.
Hi MAS, do you managed to get these issues (above) checked, especially on the EPS? Do update us on this. Thanks!

Most Viewed