Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:21   #91
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Cruise control, I missed that feature in my swift during my trip to delhi.
About time indian cars got this feature.
If you are an android user try using fuel log app.
With good highways coming up in India, Cruise control is a boon for long distance driving. Initially, i was worried if the Cruise control would make me sleepy, but it was actually the opposite. I was more alert at the same time more relaxed while using the feature.

OT: Thank you for very much for the idea to use the Andriod device for the fuel log. I use the Galaxy Note and have downloaded "Fuelio". Can you suggest any other application which is better.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:32   #92
BHPian

What was the maximum speed you have driven? How did it handle and braking in emergency situation.

Thanks.
Old 20th May 2012, 20:54   #93
BHPian

Hi Mas!

Impressive car & equally impressive FE. I guess you are alone in the car with negligible luggage which has contributed to this amazing FE. Please inform if otherwise. On long drives my Fluidic Verna CRDI returns around 17 kmpl, speed 110-130 kmph, 4-5 adults inside with little luggage. In comparison your FE is much better.

I had considered Fiesta while booking the Fludic. The turn offs for me were high price, inferior interior & ***. NVH of Verna is quite good. Have you compared NVH of Fluidic CRDI with your car?

Enjoy the car.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 22:35   #94
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The car is amazing and always in control. Yesterday night I was retuning to Chennai from Ambur at 2 am. I had atleast half a dozen emergency breaking situations and the car was sure footed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi Mas!

Impressive car & equally impressive FE. I guess you are alone in the car with negligible luggage which has contributed to this amazing FE. Please inform if otherwise. On long drives my Fluidic Verna CRDI returns around 17 kmpl, speed 110-130 kmph, 4-5 adults inside with little luggage. In comparison your FE is much better.

I had considered Fiesta while booking the Fludic. The turn offs for me were high price, inferior interior & ***. NVH of Verna is quite good. Have you compared NVH of Fluidic CRDI with your car?

Enjoy the car.

Cheers
Hi Chitta Pradhan

I'm in love with this car. The NVH is amazing and the engine is hardly audible inside the cabin. IMHO, the NVH is similar to the Verna.
I travel alone or with 2 or 3 people with not much luggage. I do a lot of highway driving (50%) and I have found that the cruise control actually helps me in getting a better mileage. Most of my long drives are one day trips where the car's engine typically runs for almost 14 hours in the 18 - 20 odd hour trips covering anything between 500 - 700 kms.

My car has covered 8200 kms so far with an average mileage at 19.3 kmpl. I guess the mileage its let due to the summer heat. I remember my Fusion's mileage dipping 20% during Summers.

Verna is a good car, but as my priority was great handling and car control, the All New Fiesta was my only choice.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2012 at 14:24. Reason: STRICTLY no posts on over-speeding please
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 12:47   #95
MAS
Senior - BHPian

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi - Update 10000 kms

Yesterday evening while returning from Ranipet, i crossed into 5 figured odo readings.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-9999optimized.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-10000optimized.jpg

Note the outside temperature. This was at 6.30 pm.

The Vital Statistics of the car so far

Total Diesel Consumed - 540 Litres
Total Cost of Fuel - Rs. 24447/-
Total Top ups - 19 times
Average Fill up - 28.42 Litres
Average Fill up bill - Rs. 1287/-

Best Price of Diesel - 43.95 Rs./Litre
Worst Price of Diesel - 63.01 Rs./Litre (Shell Diesel, when Chennai ran out of Diesel)

Best Cost/Km - 2.14 Rs./Km
Worst cost/km - 3.42 Rs./Km (Again, Shell Diesel)
Average Cost per Km - 2.38 Rs./Km

Average Fuel Economy - 18.97 kmpl
Best Fuel Economy - 20.58 kmpl
Worst Fuel Economy - 16.89 kmpl (Shell Diesel again...)

The Fuel economy has come down after the car crossed 8500 kms. This is exactly when i had stripped the car of its tints, proving beyond doubt that the removal of sun films contribute to higher consumption of fuel.

The car is a gem to drive and as given in GTO's Initial ownership report of his Sunny, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...workhorse.html, the Fiesta remains absolutely stable and in control in all the sticky situations i have thrown the car into.

The car will be given for its second free service tomorrow. The steering noise has worsened now and is more consistent at low speeds. According to latest TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Ford, the steering shaft has to be replaced. Part has been ordered already and this would be a full day job. I believe there are atleast 2 more customers who have complained about this and the steering shaft is being replaced for all of us. Other BHPian Fiesta owners, please update if you have the problem.

Last edited by MAS : 6th June 2012 at 12:54.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 16:18   #96
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta was taken for its second free service on Thursday, 7th June 2012. Took the car to MPL Pallikaranai, as the service station is very new, much better organized and closer to my home. The main complaint was the steering noise.

I had asked the SA to take care of the following
a. Not to fill air in the tyres as they run on Nitrogen
b. Not to clear the exterior of the car (as i saw the other cars being "scrubbed" with a dry cloth resulting in loads of swirl marks)

The service from MPL Ford was quick and efficient thanks to the SA, Mr. Philips and the DGM Customer Service, Mr. Sampath.

Some pictures taken during the service

The car on the ramp. Notice the clean working area
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-rampoptimized.jpg

Various underbody checks were done including the gear shifter rubber.
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-oil-changeoptimized.jpg

"Black" Engine oil removed
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-oil-removedoptimized.jpg

Oil Filter being removed
My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-oil-filter-being-changedoptimized.jpg

The steering shaft was replaced under warranty and the car is absolutely silent while steering at low speeds. The cost of the steering shaft was Rs. 3600/-. Total damages for the second free service = Rs. 1743/-

I took the car on Friday night to Bangalore and returned late last night. When i parked the car at home, i was amazed to see the speedometer.

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-11111optimized.jpg

Till date, i have had a wonderful ownership experience of the New Fiesta. The more i drive, the more i get to like the car.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 20:58   #97
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the update MAS. Good to know that the Fiesta is really keeping up to your expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The steering shaft was replaced under warranty and the car is absolutely silent while steering at low speeds. The cost of the steering shaft was Rs. 3600/-. Total damages for the second free service = Rs. 1743/-
Did they mention what went wrong with the steering which needed a replacement in a relatively new car?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 22:31   #98
BHPian

Congrats on the car. Definitely Fiesta is pleasure to drive, no other cars come close to it in this segment. They need to improve the interior material quality and provide beige upholstery to make it upmarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The Fiesta was taken for its second free service on Thursday, 7th June 2012. Took the car to MPL Pallikaranai, as the service station is very new, much better organized and closer to my home. The main complaint was the steering noise.

I had asked the SA to take care of the following
a. Not to fill air in the tyres as they run on Nitrogen
b. Not to clear the exterior of the car (as i saw the other cars being "scrubbed" with a dry cloth resulting in loads of swirl marks)

The service from MPL Ford was quick and efficient thanks to the SA, Mr. Philips and the DGM Customer Service, Mr. Sampath.

Some pictures taken during the service

The car on the ramp. Notice the clean working area
Attachment 939341

Various underbody checks were done including the gear shifter rubber.
Attachment 939344

"Black" Engine oil removed
Attachment 939342

Oil Filter being removed
Attachment 939343

I took the car on Friday night to Bangalore and returned late last night. When i parked the car at home, i was amazed to see the speedometer.

Attachment 939340

Till date, i have had a wonderful ownership experience of the New Fiesta. The more i drive, the more i get to like the car.
gopinathann is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 23:45   #99
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the update MAS. Good to know that the Fiesta is really keeping up to your expectations.

Did they mention what went wrong with the steering which needed a replacement in a relatively new car?
Thanks vb-san. The car (touch wood) is the most satisfying car I have owned till date.

The steering shaft had developed some movement, possibly due to a design fault or faulty component quality. I hope this problem does not come back to haunt me.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

Very nice updates MAS. What a fantastic car and great mileage! And a what a error of judgment/placement by Ford. This car deserves better sales...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:06   #101
BHPian

@ MAS

Quick question..

Is the spare tyre a 14" in your vehicle and if so what are the dimensions of the normal one and spare tire..

Need this information as a friend of mine feels this is a deal breaker..

Thanks

Sateesh
Old 5th July 2012, 19:09   #102
BHPian

MAS, good to know you are happy with the car. I am quite pleased with the performance of the car so far. Completed 13000 KMs. yesterday, no complaints till date.

This car deserves better placement, but I do not see any efforts on the part of Ford Motors to take any initiatives.

My fuel efficiency has come down somewhat as I have greatly reduced the bad habit of cruising on neutral gear.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 19:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you enjoying your car. I haevnt had time to update my thread but my affair with my car continues. My F.E. too has come down somewhat (not that I m least bothered) partly due to no sun films, 100% AC and my driving style off late. However I am not complaining.

The noise at the left front at high speed and sudden bump is still there but it maybe due to my alloys. It rarely comes (once a week over a bad bump) therefore I havent bothered.

Handling continues to amaze me. Had recently rented a Corolla and couldnt wait to get my hands back to my Fiesta. Space at the rear becomes an issue at times but I am not complaining. A slight rattle is developing on right door. Slightest of rattle therefore ignoring, this is more due to my cornering and putting those G-s and my kilos on the door.

Will I make the same decision again if I had to buy a car?

Mostly like hell yeah! Untill the Ford Ecosport comes along or I could afford 20 big ones, whichever comes 1st

Last edited by aseem : 5th July 2012 at 19:15.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 12:50   #104
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta gets an "larger" sibling...

The Fiesta is a brilliant car, but the lower GC was creating a problem and the five seats were not any more comfortable as my two brats were growing up.

Brought home the third Ford in my life and now both my cars are from the Blue Oval.

The ownership thread of the larger sibling is posted here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-endeavouroptimized.jpg

The Fiesta has just completed 15 K kms. The Fiesta was tugged inside layers of bedsheets as i was enjoying driving the larger sibling for a month. I am back to driving the Fiesta on weekdays and Endeavour on weekends.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 09:54   #105
BHPian

Note from Team-bhp support: Post deleted. Please do not mention high speeds on the forum. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th September 2012 at 07:18.
vgudale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed