Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 22:05   #106
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgudale View Post
Hi, Mas congrats for new endeavour and new fiesta.
Im very very much cars enthusiatic and Ride lover. i have fiat grande punto, i usually run daily 70-80kms.Mostly likely i like to touch 160-170 kmph and also ICE fan.
My searching new car for me from 2 months, finally my search camed to an end to new Ford Fiesta. Want to ask you some questions:
1.should i buy this car? what would you say as a owner?
2.Im big ICE fan going to upgrade my new car for 2 subwoofers components damping much more... should this head unit is good for the ICE upgrade cause ford is saying u cant replace HU.
3.Ford is planning to launch automatic in Diesel?

Thanks !
Thanks vgudale. Thanks to Ford, I have been transformed into a car enthusiast. I no longer can drive bad handling cars and the Fiesta puts a BIG smile on my face whenever I drive it. The odo stands at a few shades below 17 K kms. Now to answer your questiona

1. If you love to drive, look no further. This car is an amazing machine and never seizes to impress
2. The HU is integrated into the dash. I'm not an audiophile, but this is the best OE music system I have comes across on cars costing this side of 15 Lakhs. I'm not sure if an amp can be fitted to the car, but I guess it should be possible.
3. As far as I know, Ford is not planning to launch a diesel automatic version. Ford's one global strategy does not allow this as the volumes are to small.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 01:35   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks vgudale. Thanks to Ford, I have been transformed into a car enthusiast. I no longer can drive bad handling cars and the Fiesta puts a BIG smile on my face whenever I drive it. The odo stands at a few shades below 17 K kms. ...
No plans of a diesel tuning box buddy? Would have loved to see some reports on power addition which the chassis could very well use!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 07:13   #108
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
No plans of a diesel tuning box buddy? Would have loved to see some reports on power addition which the chassis could very well use!
I haven't yet thought of a tuning box for the Fiesta, but was seriously thinking of getting one for the Endeavour.

The car's chassis can easily take a more powerful heart. But as the 1.5 litre TDCi engine is very refined and silent that it takes my breath away everyone I drive it. I'm still enjoying the way it drives. Last week i had a German colleague with me in the car. He could not believe that the car was a diesel!

May be once I have a few more kms on the clock and when my urge for higher power becomes stronger, I will get a tuning box installed on her.

EDIT: I should mention here after reading your post and keying my reply, I already feel a small urge to get the tinning box installed.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 00:03   #109
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta crossed 17K kms today.

The previous full-tank was at a new fuel station (HP Bunk in Pallavaram Bus stop). I later found that the Diesel quality was not as good as my regular fuel stations. The Fiesta was coughing & sneezing when pushed. Waited till i exhausted half the tank and filled up at my regular fuel station. Drove the car for 400 kms today and the Fiesta is back to business... Smooth & Crisp

During the weekend, i managed to get the two siblings in my garage, parallel parked and took some snaps.

A few of them attached here

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-endy-fiesta-front-leftoptimized.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-endy-fiesta-front-left-bonnet-openoptimized.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-endy-fiesta-rear-lightsoptimized.jpg

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-endy-fiesta-rearoptimized.jpg

More snaps in my Endeavour Ownership thread...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2901602
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 09:59   #110
BHPian

A Complete garage and the pics are drool worthy! You are correct that the ford's bring out the enthusiast in us. I found the build quality of the new fiesta superb when compared to figo's and classic's. It has been slow on sales charts (due to pricing) but this has made it very unique/rare on the roads (of course in a good way!).

Keep munching miles and reporting on both of your machines!
Blow Horn Ok is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 00:30   #111
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
A Complete garage and the pics are drool worthy! You are correct that the ford's bring out the enthusiast in us. I found the build quality of the new fiesta superb when compared to figo's and classic's. It has been slow on sales charts (due to pricing) but this has made it very unique/rare on the roads (of course in a good way!).

Keep munching miles and reporting on both of your machines!
Thanks Blow Horn.

I just returned home from Vaniyambadi, driving in the heavy rains. The car has been driven for over a 1000 kms in the past three days. Tanked up while returning and maintained a steady 90 kmph (1800-18500 rpm), thanks to Cruise Control. The Fiesta returned a fabulous mileage of 4.6 litre/100 km (21.8 kmpl) for the one way journey.

I had tanked up at HP fuel station at Pallikonda (where the Café Day and Arya Bhavan restaurant is located - yes took a U-Turn to get there). A litre of Diesel cost me Rs. 50.67

The sound from the rear suspension is very audible when driven over uneven surfaces (also known as roads). The seems to be more than a thump coming from the front left suspension when driven over an object (such as a light reflector on the road). Will wait till the 2nd free service to have these sorted out.
Old 15th September 2012, 13:18   #112
BHPian

There is an audible thud while going over those light reflectors even in other cars. Have experienced this in the Figo, Logan and Indica. When these lights were newly installed on the highway and we were unaware of it while driving during day, the thuds were so loud that we stopped and got down in suspicion of a flat tyre or a broken suspension in the Indica! Local people came around and told that these days many cars stop to look for any damages due to the reflectors. For any other sound, get the tyre pressure checked before heading to the ASSC.

The diesel bomb is blown-up and it now costs whopping 49.16/- @ my place. Earlier it was 43.63/-.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 15th September 2012 at 13:22.
Old 6th October 2012, 00:01   #113
BHPian

Re: The Fiesta gets an "larger" sibling...

Quote:
The Fiesta is a brilliant car, but the lower GC
Hi MAS,I have been following this thread very closely and I'm close to zeroing in on a replacement for SX4 ZXI.Could you please elaborate on the GC issues??Has the car ever scraped the bottom when driven over speed breakers/potholes??
Old 6th October 2012, 07:43   #114
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fiesta gets an "larger" sibling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Hi MAS,I have been following this thread very closely and I'm close to zeroing in on a replacement for SX4 ZXI.Could you please elaborate on the GC issues??Has the car ever scraped the bottom when driven over speed breakers/potholes??
The GC is always relative. Since i drove a Fusion earlier to the Fiesta, i was used to the large approach angle in the front. But the Fiesta has a smaller approach angle and the plastic strip below the front bumper makes scrapping easy. The under body has not touched the ground even on full load. Graduating from the SX4 means you will have to slow down to a lower speed while taking speed breakers and exercise caution while approaching pot holes. Once the front is safely through, you can be sure that the under body will not scrap the ground.
Old 9th October 2012, 15:03   #115
BHPian

Are there any changes in the new Fiesta? It is more than a year now. Is it true that the inside door-opening lever, etc is getting improved now, over the existing "altoish" one? Any sign of a better interior?

Its dash is the main attraction inside.

Vipin.
Old 18th October 2012, 22:39   #116
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi - Update 10000 kms

hello sir,
my first post of a proud team-bhpian. I own the all new fiesta and i must confess its an awesome car to be behind the wheel. the handling and road grip is just so amazing that i really dont care for the other flaws of teh car. one small doubt is that my car has always managed an average of only 16.7 (700/42) mileage roughly thourought and this worries me. I do an average of 5000 km a month and cruise between 110-130 on the four lane. Am surprised that most people get an average of 18!!
Old 18th October 2012, 23:28   #117
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Are there any changes in the new Fiesta? It is more than a year now. Is it true that the inside door-opening lever, etc is getting improved now, over the existing "altoish" one? Any sign of a better interior?

Its dash is the main attraction inside.

Vipin.
There are no changes on the interiors as of now. The bad quality of interiors has been beaten to death in many posts. But after completing close to 20 K kms, i find the interiors to be very well put together. In reality, the quality of the interior is very good, but the blue colour makes it look a few notches lower.

The door handles are stylish and cannot be compared to the cheap Alto. They are built to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
hello sir,
my first post of a proud team-bhpian. I own the all new fiesta and i must confess its an awesome car to be behind the wheel. the handling and road grip is just so amazing that i really dont care for the other flaws of teh car. one small doubt is that my car has always managed an average of only 16.7 (700/42) mileage roughly thourought and this worries me. I do an average of 5000 km a month and cruise between 110-130 on the four lane. Am surprised that most people get an average of 18!!
Welcome to Team BHP. Fiesta is a wonderful car and its a classic case of sour grapes. Ford has put a lot of engineering into this car and would whole-heartedly justify the higher price.

I have clocked close to 20 K Kms in the past 10 months (it is far less than my Fusion thanks to my constant travel away from Chennai). The car has returned an average of 18.85 kmpl (NOTE: AVERAGE) in these almost 20 K kms. The highest mileage i got was 3 Weeks back when i did a Chennai-Salem-Chennai in a single day. The car gave an amazing mileage of 22.78 kmpl with 100% AC and more than 45 minutes of idling.

I would attribute the high mileage to my constant use of Cruise Control. At 100 kmph on cruise control, the car sips 4.8 L/100 kms of Diesel.

I follow the following rules to extract more miles per litre of crude
- Drive defensively (Though it is difficult to control the urge to floor the accelerator; blame it on the cars awesome handling)
- Accelerate at a constant pace instead of ripping the car to 120 kmph.
- Upshift between 1500-2000 rpm in lower gears (The linear power delivery of the 1.5 Litre oil burner is amazing)
- Drive between 100-110 kmph and use Cruise Control generously

Last edited by MAS : 18th October 2012 at 23:56.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:47   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are no changes on the interiors as of now. The bad quality of interiors has been beaten to death in many posts. But after completing close to 20 K kms, i find the interiors to be very well put together. In reality, the quality of the interior is very good, but the blue colour makes it look a few notches lower.
Good point MAS. I do feel that the interior/plastic quality bit is quite an overrated attribute. More than how it looks while showroom fresh, I feel the interior quality should be measured on how the plastics and fittings hold up after a year or so. The longevity factor is more important IMO. Soft touch plastics are nice, provided it does not peel off in a couple of years.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 14:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I do feel that the interior/plastic quality bit is quite an overrated attribute. More than how it looks while showroom fresh, I feel the interior quality should be measured on how the plastics and fittings hold up after a year or so. The longevity factor is more important IMO. Soft touch plastics are nice, provided it does not peel off in a couple of years.
Thanks for the assurance. It is difficult to get a car with Ford handling and steering feedback. That's why one looks for the new Fiesta whenever one even remotely thinks of a new car!!

Is it really a soft touch dash board that we have on the new Fiesta? Anyway, it is good to hear that there is in fact no compromise on the Ford's "build quality" here! I am only looking at when its interior becomes better and more stylish, with a chromium door liver inside, etc. The front seats are of course fantastic, and so is seating position. Even the new Focus (abroad) is superb inside, despite a black interior (no clue on whether we get it in India ever!)

Another query: Is its display screen compatible with GPS navigation system or multimedia?

Vipin.
Old 19th October 2012, 19:26   #120
BHPian

Thanks mas, for your reply. I always make it a point not to rev more than 2000 rpm in gear as the engine barely makes a noise inside that. My model is the basic trim without the cruise control. Could that be a problem? Also I feel the car pulls best after the 100km mark. Great result your car. My cousin's new verna feels like a soap box on corners

Most Viewed