Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 08:27   #121
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Now 60000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is it really a soft touch dash board that we have on the new Fiesta? Anyway, it is good to hear that there is in fact no compromise on the Ford's "build quality" here! I am only looking at when its interior becomes better and more stylish, with a chromium door liver inside, etc. The front seats are of course fantastic, and so is seating position. Even the new Focus (abroad) is superb inside, despite a black interior (no clue on whether we get it in India ever!)

Another query: Is its display screen compatible with GPS navigation system or multimedia?

Vipin.
No, the dash on the New Fiesta is not soft touch.

The display screen is not compatible with multimedia or GPS navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Thanks mas, for your reply. I always make it a point not to rev more than 2000 rpm in gear as the engine barely makes a noise inside that. My model is the basic trim without the cruise control. Could that be a problem? Also I feel the car pulls best after the 100km mark. Great result your car. My cousin's new verna feels like a soap box on corners
I have noticed that at any particular speed, the Fiesta consumed more fuel fuel when driven without cruise control. The Verna is not a bad car, but when compared to the Fiesta, it is too softy sprung and is a handful to control, especially at high speeds...

Last edited by MAS : 20th October 2012 at 08:37.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 00:18   #122
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Today, my Fiesta clocked 19900 kms. It is time for the third free service at 20 K kms. Since it is raining heavily in Chennai, I have not booked a slot for service at MPL, Pallikaranai.

The car is driving wonderfully well and mileage is wonderful. There are no complaints as such, except

- The left High Beam Bulb is acting crazy. Has a mind of its own and glows at its own will. I thought it was a bulb issue, but after i saw it glowing in the night for sometime, it seems to be an electrical issue.

- The rear shock absorbers are very noisy and create a "tak-dak" noise when driving on bad roads. I'm not sure if MPL will accept this fault and rectify/replace parts under warranty.

- i had a small accident where an auto guy ripped off the cover of the Left ORVM. Need to see if this can be rectified.

- the front shock absorbers seem to have lost some of their action. I need to see if the front suspension could be raised.

Will keep the thread updated!!!

Last edited by MAS : 31st October 2012 at 00:21.
Old 31st October 2012, 08:25   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Today, my Fiesta clocked 19900 kms.
The rear shock absorbers are very noisy and create a "tak-dak" noise when driving on bad roads. I'm not sure if MPL will accept this fault and rectify/replace parts under warranty.

- i had a small accident where an auto guy ripped off the cover of the Left ORVM. Need to see if this can be rectified.
Congratulation on approaching the 20K mark.

The rear shock absorbers IMO must have gone bad, surely it can be replaced since the car will still be in warranty. Did you pass over a pothole or any such thing very recently.

The OVRM cover is not available as an independant spare, thats what was the case with Classic Fiesta and I was told is the same for the new Fiesta too. You will have to purchase the entire OVRM which should cost you around 3.5K, workshop will be able to confirm the price.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 12:05   #124
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulation on approaching the 20K mark.

The rear shock absorbers IMO must have gone bad, surely it can be replaced since the car will still be in warranty. Did you pass over a pothole or any such thing very recently.

The OVRM cover is not available as an independant spare, thats what was the case with Classic Fiesta and I was told is the same for the new Fiesta too. You will have to purchase the entire OVRM which should cost you around 3.5K, workshop will be able to confirm the price.
Thanks Ghodlur

I have not driven the car through any pot holes. The sound started when the car reached 6k kms itself, but that was very occasional. I had mentioned this in the 10K service, but as usual, the service guys could not find it. Now, the noise comes from both sides and is quite audible and comes when driven on bad roads at low speeds.

I am worried on the cost of the ORVM as this one is with electrical folding.

I'm waiting for the rains to pass before giving the car for service. As i type, Chennai is being battered with high speed winds and rain.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, the noise comes from both sides and is quite audible and comes when driven on bad roads at low speeds.

I am worried on the cost of the ORVM as this one is with electrical folding.

I'm waiting for the rains to pass before giving the car for service. As i type, Chennai is being battered with high speed winds and rain.
One visual check which you can do is see if there's any oil leakage from the shockobs, this will mean whether the seal is gone and hence the reason for the noise.

Regarding the ORVM's I guess they should not be significantly costlier than the one available in the Classic.

Rains in Chennai - is it the Sandy effect
Old 31st October 2012, 13:38   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Rains in Chennai - is it the Sandy effect
Nope that is to make MAS go nostalgic about his Fusion days, as Endy is not exactly frugal.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 13:58   #127
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Nope that is to make MAS go nostalgic about his Fusion days, as Endy is not exactly frugal.
You got me there buddy Yes, i did miss the Fusion for its higher GC and ruggedness.

Endeavour is actually nicer to drive in the rains, but it is a real pain to keep the car clean. So, if it continues to rain and Chennai roads get converted from off-roading types to slushy ones, i will start using the Endeavour.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:37   #128
MAS
Senior - BHPian

20 K kms completed

On November 4th, my Fiesta completed 10 months and a few clicks over 20K kms.

I had been waiting for the rains to stop since Nilam had passed. Encouraged by dry weather, i gave my Fiesta for 20K kms service today. The car had 20085 clicks on its odo.

The reception at MPL Pallikaranai was good, thanks to Mr. Sampath of MPL. Did not spend much time with the car. The only complaint was the noise from the rear shocks. As luck would have it, i could not replicate in spite of three test drives.

The car was ready at 4 .30 pm, thanks to the super efficient service advice, Mr. Siva. I had specifically asked them not to wash the car as it picks up more swirl marks at the service due to the dirty and non-microfibril cloth used by the cleaning team.

As i was struck with work and thanks to endless delay by the call taxi, i arrived at 7 pm. Paid the service bill which amounted to Rs. 4223/- and drove back home. The car was smoother and more responsive to my right foot's input. Carried a big smile on my face till i reached home.

The car's entrance into my home has a big hump (more like a speed breaker on the road) and while going over it, i could again hear the noise from the rear shocks.

I guess i should invite the Ford guys home to have this sorted out.

20K kms statistics

Average mileage - 18.89 kmpl
Average cost/km - 2.42 Rs./km
Best mileage - 22.78 kmpl
Worst mileage - 16.56 kmpl

Total Diesel consumed - 1079.18 litres
Total cost of Diesel - Rs. 49226.6
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 09:35   #129
Team-BHP Support

Was it your car, by any chance? I dont remember the number though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2978251

My running is similar to yours (21k in 10 months), but interestingly - your car is a lot cheaper to run than my smaller Punto 90HP. Your worst mileage is still more than my average mileage. Good job Ford!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 10:32   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My running is similar to yours (21k in 10 months), but interestingly - your car is a lot cheaper to run than my smaller Punto 90HP. Your worst mileage is still more than my average mileage. Good job Ford!
Hi CrAzY dRiVeR, I would have seconded your view, had you been running your car on the same roads, same time, same distance as that of MAS. He mostly does highway runs in his Fiesta & that too with single or double occupancy (pl correct me if I am wrong here MAS). Are you running your car in similar conditions?

Just to give you my example. My overall FE figure is 18.47 kmpl and a major portion of this is my daily office commute of 64 kms. However there two important factors which I think contribute to this level of FE:
1. Office timing: I work in second shift (1:00pm to 10:00pm). So I leave my home at 12:00 noon & return back at 11:00pm. These are quite off-peak hours, which contributes greatly to the improved mileage (Others may not be that lucky).
2. Highway stretch: My daily one way commute of 32 kms involves almost 18kms of highway stretch (only 8 signals) with wide roads & scarce traffic, where I can maintain a constant speed of 75kms in top gear. The balance 14 kms has 12 signals with medium traffic to heavy traffic.

So would you say my primitive, non-turbo, Indica diesel engine is more efficient that your Punto's MJD?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 15:49   #131
MAS
Senior - BHPian

25 K kms completed

25000 clicks done!!!

I took the car day-before-yesterday (26th Dec 2012) to a one day trip to Erode. Chennai-Ambur-Krishnagiri-Salem-Erode and back. It took approximately 6 hours to reach Erode and 6.5 hours to come back to Chennai. Clocked over 900 kms on that day

My 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi. EDIT: Sold at 116,430 Km-25000-kmsoptimized.jpg

This milestone was achieved exactly in 11 months and 21 days of ownership. Last two months have been hectic with a lot of travelling both with the car and without the car. I know i was running low on fuel and the tank was brimmed at 25009 kms.

The mileage has gone up significantly after the 20K service (Average Mileage is now 19.14 kmpl for the 25K kms with the last 7 full tanks returning a mileage over 20 kmpl). Could be the effect of winter, but my car returned 20.37 kmpl in the city (yes, no highway runs done in that full-tank) with my fingers toggling the AC switch for 50% of the distance traveled.

+ves
+ The engine has opened up nicely and is now more rev friendly
+ NVH is great and remains to be one of the most silent diesel engines i have ever owned
+ Amazing handling and car control (never ceases to amuse me and i never cease to mention it here)
+ Needless to say, the mileage has gone up inspite of me whacking the trottle more and more.
+ No creaking noise whatsoever (touch wood).

-ves
- The German made Good Year tyres have started to raise their voice. Highway driving is a bit more noisy, especially on worn out black roads
- The dak-dak noise from the rear suspension is now quite vocal and "new" passengers at the rear think the boot is open
- Lights are no longer bright. Guess i need to upgrade to 100/90
- During the nights in winter (20-22 Deg C is winter in Chennai), the Air-conditioner fogs up the windscreen when the car is stationary for over 10 minutes with the AC running, even when the air is directed towards the occupants. I have to heat the whole interior to make this fogging disappear. It goes off within a minute or two, but this is a irritant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was it your car, by any chance? I dont remember the number though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2978251

Hey! That is me. I did acknowledge your hand wave with a . Next time, we should stop and have a chat.

Punto 90 HP is an amazing car and should return you a better mileage when driven on the highways. I generally upshift between 1500 - 1750 rpm. The New Fiesta's gearing is taller than most Sedans with 5 cogs (except the Etios). You can see from the picture that i am driving at around 1900 rpm and the speed is over 92 kmph. This is another reason for my car to return better mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi CrAzY dRiVeR, I would have seconded your view, had you been running your car on the same roads, same time, same distance as that of MAS. He mostly does highway runs in his Fiesta & that too with single or double occupancy (pl correct me if I am wrong here MAS). Are you running your car in similar conditions?
You are right AutoIndian. I would say that my usage ratio of city:highway is 50:50.

Last edited by MAS : 28th December 2012 at 15:50.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 16:19   #132
BHPian

Congrats MAS....that was quick man. I'm a ford lover too. The test drive of the new fiesta got me hooked but i was in no hurry to upgrade and thats why waiting for the ecosport. Since you have driven Ecosport in Brazil, i have always wanted to ask you this- how far can ecosport match the handling at tripple digit speeds to that of new fiesta? Or you would rather like to compare it with Endy?
kopakabana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 22:31   #133
BHPian

Congrats MAS on reaching the 25K mark; those FE numbers are certainly impressive. I have been a great fan of this car ever since I test drove it and have been following it for some time now.
Have been waiting for the ES and seems like it could be another 7-8 months before we can see it on the roads. Also have been wondering if I should go back and have another test drive and look if some discounts are been offered for the Diesel Fiesta.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 01:24   #134
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
Congrats MAS....that was quick man. I'm a ford lover too. The test drive of the new fiesta got me hooked but i was in no hurry to upgrade and thats why waiting for the ecosport. Since you have driven Ecosport in Brazil, i have always wanted to ask you this- how far can ecosport match the handling at tripple digit speeds to that of new fiesta? Or you would rather like to compare it with Endy?
Have you been to Rio? Copacabana is the actual name of the place. Sorry for the OT.

I'm sure that the Fiesta is a better handler than the Ecosport. Fiesta will be much better on our highways when compared to the Ecosport. The Fiesta sticks to the road and is ALWAYS in control, no matter what surprises the roads may have in store (as long as you do not try to defy the laws of Physics)

Having said that, Ecosport does handle well, especially when you consider the high GC and the extra height. I wasn't able to do triple digit speeds on the Ecosport as the test drive was within the city of Franca.

I would not compare the Ecosport to the Endeavour, as the later is a different animal altogether. Ecosport feels very nimble, like a 7 year old kid running around the play ground, while the Endeavour is more laid back, like a typical mafia boss smoking a big cigar and hates to be pushed around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Congrats MAS on reaching the 25K mark; those FE numbers are certainly impressive. I have been a great fan of this car ever since I test drove it and have been following it for some time now.
Have been waiting for the ES and seems like it could be another 7-8 months before we can see it on the roads. Also have been wondering if I should go back and have another test drive and look if some discounts are been offered for the Diesel Fiesta.
Thanks sansvk. The car has now crossed 26000 clicks and I'm taking it to Ambur tomorrow morning and will be back in the evening. I brimmed the tank this evening and the highway run 2 days back resulted in a mileage of 21.4 kmpl (three occupants, triple digit speeds, 100% AC).

Choosing between an Ecosport and a Fiesta will depend on your usage pattern and requirements. If you intend to drive on the highways a lot (like in my case 50%), then just get the Fiesta with eyes closed. But, if you will use it mostly in the city with one or two occasional highway trips, then it is better you wait for the Ecosport.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 01:34   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm sure that the Fiesta is a better handler than the Ecosport. Fiesta will be much better on our highways when compared to the Ecosport.
A car with relatively lower center-of-gravity WILL be better around a corner. It's just plain and simple physics.

That said, the EcoSport being a derivative of the Fiesta, one can expect not only a reasonably stiff ride, but sublime corner-carving abilities given the proportions.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks