Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 14:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report.

Issue solved. SVC person cleaned a valve on the right side of air filter unit, I guess it was EGR valve and now car is running properly.

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-imag1771.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th January 2013 at 14:44.
Old 4th December 2013, 19:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Update:

i10 has crossed 6,000 KMs last month. It completed two years of ownership in November. Average is around 15 KMPL overall. No issues with the car.

The car is used very sparingly for ocassional highways trips and few intercity runs which clocks maximum of around 2500-3500 KMs per year. Only one service has been done till date - next service is at 10,000 KMs mark.

I also checked battery water level and filled with distilled water.

Will post some pictures.
Old 4th December 2013, 20:01   #48
BHPian

Nice to know that the i10 is doing good.

Since you have both the i10 and WagonR, just curious to know which one would you prefer for a drive.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:14   #49
BHPian

Good to see your i10 Era doing good. I bought one in Bangalore (Black Colour) for my wife a couple of months back purely for city rides (~20 kms every day) and she's loving it. Went for Era variant due to its VFM pricing, more so after the discounts showered on i10 after the Grand i10 launch. Whilst my wife is the primary driver, I drive it occasionally over weekends to malls, shopping and find it a real breeze to drive and park in tight city conditions. i10 certainly offers class-leading interiors which are several notches above what Wagon R, Alto, Liva, Sail Uva, Indica or any other car in the same segment.

I am yet to install wheel caps on the car - should do it soon. Otherwise, I added Hyundai Remote locking (bargained and got this free from the dealer), Rear Parcel Tray, Double Din Music System (JVC) and Reverse Parking Sensors. Yet to post an ownership thread though !

The only niggle so far is the "Battery" light comes on sporadically. Highlighted this during first service and they said they upgraded the software version of the ECU which should solve this. Wife mentioned that the light came on again a couple of days back (which is ~1.5 months after the first service). Problem usually disappears when the engine is turned off and on. Should take it to the service centre if this recurs. Also noticed some minor vibrations on the front left door which was set right during the 1st service. Am guessing this is because the panels would not have been fitted tightly when I installed the ICE system.

Last edited by aroonanand : 5th December 2013 at 10:17. Reason: Added last para
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Nice to know that the i10 is doing good.

Since you have both the i10 and WagonR, just curious to know which one would you prefer for a drive.
i10 is a good car to drive. The only issue with i10 is that the space is less as compared to WagonR - it is much roomier, has much space so for a tall person WagonR is recommended over i10.

i10 has little better gear box, interiors and handling - though most of the issues are sorted in K10 WagonR.

Both cars are good So overall it's a tough call between both cars but I will prefer WagonR because of the space it offers.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 18:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Noticed some noise from steering colum at parking speeds today. What could be the reason?
Old 9th February 2014, 22:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bluevolt, how is the i10 on the highway since the only choice available is the 1.1L engine. Planning to get a brand new one and sell my esteem. It will mainly be used in the city and then once a year 1500 km highway drive.
Old 9th February 2014, 22:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Hey Bluevolt, how is the i10 on the highway since the only choice available is the 1.1L engine. Planning to get a brand new one and sell my esteem. It will mainly be used in the city and then once a year 1500 km highway drive.
Just yesterday I did a 150 KM long round trip on Noida Expressway at speed of over 100+ KMPH. i10 performed well on highway. The car feels well planted even at higher speeds. The stock 155 cross section tyres are fine for my sparse usage. You can definitely upgrade to higher quality tyres for better highway manners.

You can go ahead with i10 1.1 iRDE.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 11:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

You can go ahead with i10 1.1 iRDE.
+ 1 to the above as an owner of the same variant of the car. It is a fuss-free car which is a breeze to drive in city driving conditions

@bluevolt - I have been noticing a peculiar thing with the car. When I use the AC in the blower mode (without powering on the AC), there is a peculiar pungent smell that comes in. As soon as I reset the AC to the "AC Mode" and the compressor kicks in, this goes off. Have you faced something like this at all? I have not seen anything like this on any of my other past cars (Santro, M800, Corolla etc) when I have used the AC in the blower mode.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Today reached this milestone.

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-imag1552.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
@bluevolt - I have been noticing a peculiar thing with the car. When I use the AC in the blower mode (without powering on the AC), there is a peculiar pungent smell that comes in. As soon as I reset the AC to the "AC Mode" and the compressor kicks in, this goes off. Have you faced something like this at all? I have not seen anything like this on any of my other past cars (Santro, M800, Corolla etc) when I have used the AC in the blower mode.
There may be growth of mold/bacteria/fungi in your car's air vents, air filter or evaporator coils causing foul smell. I suggest you to get it cleaned from local car AC mechanic.
Old 10th February 2014, 19:27   #56
BHPian

Thats is my irde2. It is a February 2012 model run 14000 kms. No problems whatsoever. It is giving me an average of around 16km/l mainly used on the highway, have been to Ooty, Coorg, pondicherry has been fantastic even on the highway. Added a K and N filter at around 9000 kms which has drastically improved low end performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-20131115_132218.jpg  

Last edited by terra85 : 10th February 2014 at 19:31. Reason: extension
terra85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 23:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Even after the launch of Grand i10, I am happy that Hyundai kept i10 iRDE2 variant in the market and people are still buying the cute little car.

I prefer the looks of current i10 over grand i10 any day!
Old 7th June 2015, 15:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

I recently got the car serviced with Odo at 8215 Kms. This was its second service.

The cost break up is as follows -

Engine oil - Rs. 850
Misc Consumables - Rs. 250
Oil treatment - Rs. 310
Air filter - Rs. 215
Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 165
Overall servicing labour charges - Rs. 1355

Total amount paid including taxes etc - Rs. 3250

i10 to be moved to Mumbai...

i10 will be now shifted to Mumbai at my brother's place - next month most probably and we are planning to drive it all the way down to Mumbai from Delhi.

I am not sure if I can make a separate thread for planning and executing my journey - if so I request moderators to move my below post to separate thread.

The planned itinerary for the journey is as follows -

-> Day 1 - 8th July- Delhi to Jaipur

Leave by 8 pm on 8 july and reach jaipur by 1 am and stay in jaipur for the night ~ around 310 kms.

-> Day 2 - 9th July - Jaipur to Udaipur via Nasirabad, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh

Start from jaipur at 9 am on 9 july and reach udaipur by 6-7 pm and stay in udaipur for the night ~around 420 kms

-> Day 3 - 10th July - Udaipur to Vadodra via dungerpur, Godhra

Start from udaipur at around 9-10 am on 10 july and reach vadodra by 5-6 pm and stay in vadodra for night. ~ around 350 kms

-> Day 4 - 11th July - Vadodra to Thane, Mumbai via Baruch, Ankleshwar, Navsari, Vapi

Start from vadodra on 11 july around 9-10 am and reach Thane, Mumbai by 6-7 pm ~ around 400 kms.

-> Day 5 - 12th July- Mumbai to Delhi

Return evening flight back home

What are your suggestions regarding the above plan, route etc. Anything else you guys want to share? Also please advice regarding the budget places of stay at night in the above cities, food joints, and of course regarding the car itself - like precautions, speed limit, driving style etc. We will be carrying 4-5 liters of extra petrol in container, a car charger, GPS, food items etc.

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th June 2015 at 15:28.
Old 27th June 2015, 23:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Its exactly 10 more days left before the i10 will be shifted to Mumbai. We will be driving it according to the itinerary as in the above post.

Since this will be my first longest road trip ever, I am very excited about it.

I would like to know some good eateries/food joints/dhabas along -

1. Delhi to Jaipur route -
2. Jaipur to Udaipur -
3. Udaipur to Vadodra -
4. Vadodra to Thane/Mumbai -

Any specific inputs/suggestions regarding this journey will be highly appreciated.
Old 16th July 2015, 20:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc_5616.jpg

i10 reaches Mumbai!

So finally after lots of hesitation and planning, our lovely i10 has reached Mumbai. We started from Delhi on 8 july and reached mumbai on 11 july. Lots of fond memories attached with this trip. This was my longest trip ever undertaken till date.

i10 performed seamlessly. It delivered great mileage, excellent highway manners and overall reliable driving experience.

In fact during i10's stay with us for last 3.5 years, I was not much emotionally attached towards it. But after driving it for over 1500+ kms on this trip, I fell in love with it and now after coming back to delhi, I miss it badly and its parking lot is now occupied by my Karizma.

I will be posting about the journey in separate travelogue thread with lots of photos.

As of now we have inquired that only local mumbai road tax need to be filled with the rto and there will be no need to change the number.

Current odo reading is 10,300 Kms and i10 will be turning 4 years old in coming november.

My brother will be using the car primarily from now on, though I visit mumbai often and will try to update about the car once in a while.

Anyways it was great time with this sweet little car and now its time for her to explore the roads of the city of dreams!

See ya!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks